Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder (22230 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by emorse(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2013
Goke7: We Nigerians are just getting worked up for nothing, no thanks to immature journalists who cause all sorts of controversies, this is just a friendly match for God's sake where opportunities are given to other players who are yet to get into the starting eleven, I bet you keshi would have to love to test more players but of course these immature journalists will start ranting again especially with the support of the likes of Oliseh and co. In life there will be priorities, the confed cup was never a priority for even NFF talk less of Keshi. This is just a friendly match with lowly ranked South Africa of which if we win, will not even help us on the FIFA rankings. When Enyeama begins to loose form, we Nigerians will blame Keshi again for not getting a replacement on time. We all know the abilities of Enyeama, let's also know the abilities of other Goal Keepers.

The same Goal.com also caused the controversy of Kenyans being treated badly when they came to Nigeria for the world cup qualifier, Goal.com was the website that pasted the pictures of the Kenyans training on a primary school play ground. Sometimes the media are the ones who causes conflict in teams and among their supporters/fans.

You say the CONFED cup wasn't a priority? I disagree with that. We were Africa's sole representative. Besides, it was a perfect opportunity to build a reputation for ourselves before the world cup.
I totally agree though that friendlies such as this are very good opportunities to groom replacements for our ageing stars.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by DaRocha: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2013
blackmann: Some people do things without thinking sha. How was that 2nd goal the keeper's fault? Where were the defenders who were supposed to cover the keeper up? These dumb shaitheads always take one step forward and two steps backwards. No wonder our football is in shambles.

Remember, Enyeama was wearing the captain's hand band during the Confederations' Cup. He should have controlled his defence. In addition, Enyeama was more experienced than all the defenders on the pitch that day. Enyeama joined and started playing for the Super Eagles in 2002 and has played in two FIFA World Cup tournaments. He has also won the CAF Champions League on two occasions. When did Oboabona, Omeruo, Echiejile and Efe Ambrose join the Super Eagles? What have they achieved compared to Enyeama. All these players joined Super Eagles starting from 2009. The closest player to Forlan, when that goal was scored, was Omeruo who started playing for Super Eagles only in 2013!

I blame Enyeama for the blunder!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nauttyprof(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2013
Keshi is at it again.... I have been a true supporter of the Super Eagles right from the Nations Cup, even at the face of criticism by several Nigerians and also the ones I faced personally while stating that the Eagles will soar at the Nations cup but then I'm beginning to have my doubt on the way Keshi runs the team. It's becoming a 'kalo kalo' kind of selection where he just wakes up one morning to take a decision without any critical thought. Enyeama though was to be blamed for that goal but his performance in the last match against Spain proved he is still needed, I see no reason why he shouldn't be selected. Besides, those he ought to remove from his list are the ones he included which is quite painful. The likes of Ideye and several others shouldn't be called to the team.

Well now I'm seeing another Keshi...... undecided lipsrsealed smh
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Kennito90(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2013
I there here una still they cried 4 enyeama replacement.....
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by emorse(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2013
DaRocha:

Remember, Enyeama was wearing the captain's hand band during the Confederations' Cup. He should have controlled his defence. In addition, Enyeama was more experienced than all the defenders on the pitch that day. Enyeama joined and started playing for the Super Eagles in 2002 and has played in two FIFA World Cup tournaments. He has also won the CAF Champions League on two occasions. When did Oboabona, Omeruo, Echiejile and Efe Ambrose join the Super Eagles? What have they achieved compared to Enyeama. All these players joined Super Eagles starting from 2009. The closest player to Forlan, when that goal was scored, was Omeruo who started playing for Super Eagles only in 2013!

No na. We attacked en masse all through that game. Most likely as instructed by the coach. It could have worked out if Musa had not lost the ball and broken our attack abruptly. A goal conceded via counter attack is never the goal keeper's fault.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Goke7: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2013
emorse:

You say the CONFED cup wasn't a priority? I disagree with that. We were Africa's sole representative. Besides, it was a perfect opportunity to build a reputation for ourselves before the world cup.
I totally agree though that friendlies such as this are very good opportunities to groom replacements for our ageing stars.

The NFF made it clear that qualifying for the world cup was more of a priority than the Confed Cup considering the tight match schedule in June for the Super Eagles. The NFF you know are hypocritical at times, they only use the dismal performance at the Confed Cup as an opportunity to take a swipe at Keshi. Remember they are only tolerating Keshi cos of the AFCON triumph and waiting just like many other Nigerians for him [keshi] to fail finally, perhaps not qualifying for the world cup before their HAMMER will fall but God pass them!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by cleobunny(f): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:
I'm not TB Joshua, but I have already predicted that Nigeria will not be in Brazil-2014.
Stop deceiving yourself, we know you are not a nigerian, you joined this thread just to insult nigerians. Your envy and hatred won't take you anywhere, it will only leave you frustrated

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2013
cleobunny:
Stop deceiving yourself, we know you are not a nigerian, you joined this thread just to insult nigerians. Your envy and hatred won't take you anywhere, it will only leave you frustrated
6 likes cool
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by emorse(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2013
Goke7:

The NFF made it clear that qualifying for the world cup was more of a priority than the Confed Cup considering the tight match schedule in June for the Super Eagles. The NFF you know are hypocritical at times, they only use the dismal performance at the Confed Cup as an opportunity to take a swipe at Keshi. Remember they are only tolerating Keshi cos of the AFCON triumph and waiting just like many other Nigerians for him [keshi] to fail finally, perhaps not qualifying for the world cup before their HAMMER will fall but God pass them!

God pass them o bro. But Keshi himself ought to know the kind of people hes working with. He should make decisions based on his intent (which I believe is getting results)and the NFF will remain helpless.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Ninilowo(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2013
lucenzo: i hope the coach knows what he's doing because if he fails to deliver, we would eat him for dinner.
WALAHI
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Ninilowo(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2013
What I know is that Keshi is trying to dislodge Enyeama so that Mikel will become the captain. In today's complete sport it is the same Mikel that Keshi is using as a link man to persuade Anichebe to return to SE. Can you see? If you read the post again there is a portion where Mikel complained about using Enyeama in that Uruguay game.
Let us wait and see as events unfold in the SE.
A mafian we remain one. Keshi has been a mafian all along and he is trying to re introduce it gradually into the SE fold. WHAT A SHAME!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by charlesm91(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2013
blaming enyeama aint the issue. U guyz dnt watch supa sport wen dey analyse goal errors . It starts frm play n so frm musa to whomever was involved should shoulder the blame. Enyeama cud do little or nutin to save the shot. Or maybe u shud ask casillas wot it felt lyk seeing neymars shot go past him lyk flash
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Henrychris(m): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2013
Enyeama shudnt be blamed alone,where was our defenders and wat abt musa dat lost d ball which cost us d game

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by ematech2002(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2013
Enyeama deserve it
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2013
Rumour... Keshi knows better... Like CFCfan said.. no keeper in the world would have saved that
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by bionicdude(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2013
CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.
i agree dat shot was never his fault.they should fault ambrose who give forlan all dat space.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by peacebaba: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2013
Keshi is a confused man cos I don't understand why he wld choose to remove enyeama.Forlan's goal was one on one and u cant blame a keeper for that.it was just like the goal neymar scored against spain
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by ChikezieU(m): 11:07am On Jul 19, 2013
CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.
My brother i wonder why they shift the blame to Enyama, any shot of that magnitute targeting the angle bar is very difficult to catch, if you watched brazil spain, Nehmar's second goal was the same "shoot at angle bar" did spain blamed their keeper for not catching the ball? instead of admitting their inability to score and some mistakes in defence they are blaming, well someone must be blamed whether innocent or guilty
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by akeodi2(m): 11:13am On Jul 19, 2013
Am jus laughin at u guys nd am jus vry pitti 4 keshi cuz wen ejide 4cuk up diz pple who praise keshi would stil say y did he drope enyeama, but 2 me enyeama is far more beta dan ejide
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by ChikezieU(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2013
DaRocha:
Remember, Enyeama was wearing the captain's hand band during the Confederations' Cup. He should have controlled his defence. In addition, Enyeama was more experienced than all the defenders on the pitch that day. Enyeama joined and started playing for the Super Eagles in 2002 and has played in two FIFA World Cup tournaments. He has also won the CAF Champions League on two occasions.What have they achieved compared to Enyeama.The closest player to Forlan, when that goal was scored, was Omeruo who started playing for Super Eagles only in 2013!
IF you dare to blame Enyeama for that goal then you now nothing in football, we all saw that the stricker's are not capable to score and all the defenders getting tired of making passes only for the stricker's to throw away the ball started tryiny to score, was it not Omerou that gave Mikel a pass just bf the Uruguans penalty box for Mikel to eqaulize the goal in fact you did not watch the nations cup ...
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by jonazter(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2013
Blaiming Eyeama for de goal forlan scored is unfair cos is only a few goalkeepers dat can save such goals, bt if keshi must blame someone, it shud be de defenders, Omeru in paticular for not runin to cover up de direction de ball was, bt instead, he stood stil tinkin Forlan wil nt shoot frm dat positiv bt perphas drible in b4 shootin
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Goke7: 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
jonazter: Blaiming Eyeama for de goal forlan scored is unfair cos is only a few goalkeepers dat can save such goals, bt if keshi must blame someone, it shud be de defenders, Omeru in paticular for not runin to cover up de direction de ball was, bt instead, he stood stil tinkin Forlan wil nt shoot from dat positiv bt perphas drible in b4 shootin

My brother Keshi never came out to blame anybody for the goal nah, why are we allowing some Journalists or media speculations to cause confusion among us.

Honestly the media has made life difficult for keshi despite getting very important results so far. I just heard a Journalist on radio just now saying Keshi is a politician and has introduced politics into our National Team. What a pity!
Well let's sack Keshi if that will make everybody happy and let see that coach that will able to grind out results too like Keshi.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by mbhs139(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
dabrake:
Let me help CFCFan rephrase that statement. NO goalkeeper, dead, alive and unborn will save Forlan's shot.
Neuer + Buffon + Cesar + Casillas will not save the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxZk_4IE6Y

We should give a critical and analytical assessment on the shot nah. First touch.

I don't believe this story to be true because Ike as goalkeeper trainer can not save this type of shot during his time. No keeper could have. This goal is no where near the one Casillas conceded against Brazil.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by moonme(m): 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
ANOTHER NEW SEASON IS FAST APPROACHING!!! EDGES~JERSEY OFFERS U D BEST ORIGINAL JERSEY OF ALL MAJOR FOOTBALL CLUBS ACROSS EUROPE & JERSEY OF TOP FOOTBALL COUNTRIES WITH PERFECT CUSTOMISING & FAST DELIVERY. KINDLY CONTACT US:BB 2682CD1F,Phone No 08081599157/08075500391/Edgesjersey44@gmail.com. FF Us On twitter:@bab_jyd . DO HAVE A GOOD DAY!!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Coldsteel(m): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
Big blunder cryBig blunder
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
kingoflag: I went and looked at the highlights of that game and the goalie was not to blame: WHOEVER WAS WEARING JERSEY #22 FOR NIGERIA (WITH THE BANDAGE WRAPPED AROUND HIS HEAD) WAS SQUARELY TO BLAME FOR THAT GOAL. HE got near the Uruguayan attacker, then stopped! Maybe thats who needs to get dropped for not covering his goal.

p.s: If the goalie has been in charge since 2002, yeah, its time for him to give others a chance. 11+ yrs means he was probably in his late 20's early 30's when he started representing Nigeria (since we know how Nigerians stay faking their ages). He should let some younger age-faker take over the reigns. His time obviously is passed.
Nice try at analysing the goal. Don't av d clip but I'm sure if u luk again, you'll see Omeruo running a diagonal towards Forlan, but he didn't STOP, he perhaps saw the likelihood(likelier) of Forlan squaring d ball back to Suarez who was a little behind Omeruo, and he slowed down to give him a chance of defending the ball successfully. Like I said before Omeruo, like the Keeper didn't wholly believe Forlan would av gone for goal at once.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
olumyde: I disagree. Enyeama did not narrow the angle. He also wasn't alert, it showed because he couldn't even lift himself off the ground to attempt to save the shot. If he had been alert, he could have saved the shot. And there are goal keepers that can save that shot.
forlan's body movement(leg inclusive) alone will tell you he wanted to advance closer to the goal. I can show you many goals of that callibre(most of which the goalie were wrong footed by the player).
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
DaRocha:

U blame Enyeama for not controlling the defence. Fine
Remember we were attacking, we were with the ball when Musa lost it.[What should Enyeama say there] the ball got to suarez, and a man quickly closed him, but suarez still got the pass away to forlan [What should Enyeama say there]. Omeruo tried to close down Forlan, and at the same time close any passing space back to suarez [What should Enyeama say there]
My man, pls stop saying what you don't know. Thanks
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
batteryempty: That was an half chance from Forlan, many keeper would have saved it. How about the free kick he conceded in Calabar against the Kenyans?

Half chance. Half chance like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkizJhlrds
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
good.good:
Anybody who is blaming Enyeama for Uruguay's second goal is obviously a learner or an im.be.cile' . What led to the goal? One aboki guy named musa lost possession when Nigeria looked certain to attack Uruguay; and forlan was quickly put through, leaving enyeama exposed.

Before Omeruo could reach the striker, the harm was done. Forlan's fierce shot went to the top left corner, and only a miraculous save could have got in the way of Forlan. The chances of the world's best keepers saving that kind of shot is 1 in 9158.
fixed
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Half chances like my brother said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqOkzkTjf4Q

trezeguet goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or6hAQjK5BQ

Any goalie will expect the ball at the other angle. Full stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Koval12(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its not fair oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Puyol Arrives Nigeria Today On 3-day Tour / Algeria Vs Nigeria : Tactical Formation Out / Serena Beats Venus To Win Record 23rd Slam Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.