Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. (8800 Views)

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / What Motivates Diasporans To Relocate Back To Nigeria? / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by suprted(m): 4:05am On Jun 08, 2009
akinalabi your posts were disappointing.

are those parts not part of nigeria? or is it because they aren't 'your people'. with such an attitude, why bother going home, i might as well stay abroad seeing as the people here have the same level of apathy for the niger-delta as the avergage nigerian.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2009
why will anybody that is not nigerian wanna relocate there whats so fascinating about it, i am nigerian and definately going back cos i am tired of living fake life and not being myself but if i am not nigerian mehn i'd live somewhere else
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2010
nigeria is d best place, i was der last year n the hype was unbelieveable, i want to relocate after my studies, but must confess, u cant stay in nigeria without money, i spent 120000 naira a week wen i travelled there, apart from dat, its d best place
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by afrodoc(m): 1:19am On Mar 16, 2011
imagine
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by deenee: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2011
I love my country and will surely relocate back very soon. No doubt there are a lot of issues that could discourage one from relocation but truth be told, the same issues are prevalent every where. In NY, the rate of gang related stabbings and shootings is subliminal same also for London et al. I visited a friend in London and was quite amazed at the kind of life he was living there and he is always quick to condemn Nigeria at the drop of a hat.

There is also this 'bubble' that most Nigerians abroad have been drawn into- this fake life of 'relentless consumerism' back by credit which has more or less put most people into a life of bondage. Are we saying that we don't have slums in the developed countries that most of us worship and adore? At least, I have seen people sleep on the streets of NY and also in London.

Seriously, most 'disgruntled elements' cannot even afford to think of coming back because , they have tied themselves to a 'cheap' mortgage of 25-50 years and have to work round the clock just to meet up with monthly payments or some are still trying to sort out their pile of credit card debt!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by kenny33: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
yea @poster you can move to Nigeria if you wanted too, you dont need to be rish in order to settle in Nigeria but nigeria is not for everyone, you must decide carefuly before you made the decision
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Respectwomen(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
AM from Ghana but Nigeria is one hell of a beautiful country i can't believe nigerians always get something bad to talk about their own country. Good roads,nice skyline, beautiful women. I wish Ghana was like Nigeria with good roads and beautiful skyline.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2012
Respectwomen: AM from Ghana but Nigeria is one hell of a beautiful country i can't believe nigerians always get something bad to talk about their own country. Good roads,nice skyline, beautiful women. I wish Ghana was like Nigeria with good roads and beautiful skyline.

There is no much difference between Ghana and Nigeria, the difference is mainly the size and population.

I work in ghana, perhaps the good road you are talking about is also applicable in Accra.

As far as west africa goes, its all thesame to me.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by efedavies: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
Abeg think well my guy naija na for tough pipo,na d thing we take pass fellow africans.no place wey no gud ame,asia nd europe he depend on d level you dey operate.I dey listen to somebody wey go europe.he dey yan with guys wey dey wit am say europe na tough place na him 1 guy ask am say why he still 1 go bak he no fit explain.he no mean say because he tuff 4 u dat 1 com mean say he go tuff 4 anoda man.na propa plan person go take go nd seto properly.naija hard my pipo no deceive ursef.no job den you ar f........d.no regular income u don finish.see me wey leave sch 2003 I no see wrk till 2008.I jus wrk 4 2yrs nd I had to quit cuz d job no fit make me archieve anytin.dis na my own story pipo go tru hard times in this nation nd sum1 go jus dey talk bcus him get opportunity but naija na our own.we go mk great.na money b d koko.person wey go rob an person wey travel go hustle shey na similar tin?mk we pray for better days abeg.any were u dey jus do d rite tin.bless you all.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by wisevik: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2012
Hello Tosh Acer, SmithDG and others, just wondering how you all got on after considering a move back to Africa (Nigeria). Please share. Thank you
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
tosh_acer: I actualy went to the interior places - the so called rural places - I experienced their way of life - but, the amazing thing was that - they were very very happy - it doesnt seem their "poverty" worries them - and to think of poverty, most of them sponsor their wards to the University and higher institution - hence, they don't think they are realy poor - remember, most people in advanced countries even have to secure loans with big interests lines to go to school, my point is this, even though they are painted as poor, they are still happy and think less of the city social infrastructure that is missing.

The cities I went are sophisticated, bus lanes, who will tell me there are bus lanes in Lagos and I will beleive? I saw bus lanes, I saw working traffic ligts, I saw people obeying traffic rules, so - what is the fuss about the country being bad?

About electricity, yes, it goes off, but hey - so what? Does that make the country as bad as even the Nigerians on this forum writes about the country - every country has the bad and the plus - even America.

I saw parks in Lagos, green lawns, I saw street lightings - nice round abouts - bridges, nice lanes - wide roads, so - what the fuss? I saw happy people at the malls - I saw people buying TV sets that costs 4,000 pounds and more with cash, I saw people happy every where - so please tel me, why is the country said to be in bad shape?

In the malls - noone pays with credit cards like here, people buy things and pay cash - that means they have the money - who dare buy a TV that costs £4000 pounds in Europe with cash? Its all credit, and you say there is no money in Nigeria? I saw cars that I have not seen else where, yes, especially Lagos. Its like everyone in Lagos rides a Jeep - a Cadillac, a Bentley or an Alfa Romeo.

I saw guys handsome, cute, with fashion wears like that of models, I saw cute office guys, ladies, etc - so, why wont I want to live amongst them, or who wants to live in the cold for 365 days a year?

Men, convince me otherwise.

You guys will not confuse me.You hussle go abroad, get citizenship and come back to tell others not to do the same.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by wisevik: 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
ferdiii:

You guys will not confuse me.You hussle go abroad, get citizenship and come back to tell others not to do the same.

Please explain.

Surely it is about thriving economies, the West is in serious debt and struggling, Nigeria as an emerging market is rising. Investors are looking towards Africa, some are setting up shops. Isn't it the case that with the way things are going, it is now nonsensical to leave 'green pastures' for a land of famine. Obviously, this doesn't mean that everything is smooth-sailing in Naija, there are struggles and issues but the reward far outweighs what one would get abroad, plus it's our country we are developing. Just a thought.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
wisevik:

Please explain.

Surely it is about thriving economies, the West is in serious debt and struggling, Nigeria as an emerging market is rising. Investors are looking towards Africa, some are setting up shops. Isn't it the case that with the way things are going, it is now nonsensical to leave 'green pastures' for a land of famine. Obviously, this doesn't mean that everything is smooth-sailing in Naija, there are struggles and issues but the reward far outweighs what one would get abroad, plus it's our country we are developing. Just a thought.

If you can establish here no problem. Let the ones here go and see what those returning have seen and get the connections before coming back. Do you set up shops with ur balls only? They use their passports, citizenship and connections to keep going here and run when here is hot for them. We all need those flexibilities!
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nonybb: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
efedavies: Abeg think well my guy naija na for tough pipo,na d thing we take pass fellow africans.no place wey no gud ame,asia nd europe he depend on d level you dey operate.I dey listen to somebody wey go europe.he dey yan with guys wey dey wit am say europe na tough place na him 1 guy ask am say why he still 1 go bak he no fit explain.he no mean say because he tuff 4 u dat 1 com mean say he go tuff 4 anoda man.na propa plan person go take go nd seto properly.naija hard my pipo no deceive ursef.no job den you ar f........d.no regular income u don finish.see me wey leave sch 2003 I no see wrk till 2008.I jus wrk 4 2yrs nd I had to quit cuz d job no fit make me archieve anytin.dis na my own story pipo go tru hard times in this nation nd sum1 go jus dey talk bcus him get opportunity but naija na our own.we go mk great.na money b d koko.person wey go rob an person wey travel go hustle shey na similar tin?mk we pray for better days abeg.any were u dey jus do d rite tin.bless you all.
WHY CANT U SPEAK ENGLISH LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE. WAT NONSENSE
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by seangy4konji: 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
i don hear u...Omo baba Olowo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The City Of Dar Es Salaam In Tanzania / Canadian Skilled Workers Visa Application / Dana Air Extends Akwa United Sponsorship Deal…congratulates Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.