Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration (9335 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's 58th Birthday Celebration Photos / Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by ferdsmart(m): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2013
Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi who clocked 50 on Thursday says he does not have the intention of rolling out drums today to mark the birthday.

He told newsmen in Akwa after the state executive council meeting that he will prefer to attend lecturers in honour rather than indulging in wasteful spending.

Obi said he stopped the executive members from making his birthday an issue because according to him, most of his Commissioners knew his views about unguarded celebration.

“I mean the business of governing a State is a serious one to start discussing birthday celebration when a serious State business of how to provide dividends of democracy to over 5 million Anambrarians are discussed, ” he said.

He said he would prefer attending lectures, where issues of governance and state’s welfare will be discussed, but not where people will eat and drink and probably forget themselves.

“Everybody knows my position on celebrations not to talk about now when the mood of the country is that of despondency due to unemployment, lack of infrastructure, threats of strike, among others.

As Nigeria is today, we do not need to celebrate because that will be insensitivity to the plight of our people. Rather, what the mood of the time calls for those in authority to think of how to tackle the issue of minimum wage and reduce the tension in the land. It is about time we told ourselves the truth,” he said.

Pressed on to reveal any significant thing he did to mark the birthday, he said, “if you insist, I reached out to most clergy men in the country with request for more prayers for peace and progress in our country and for God to touch the hearts of our leaders, including myself, to take decisions that will benefit the greater number of the people.”
Governor Obi said his birthday gift to the people of Anambra was in form of promise to them that he would continue to take their welfare as priority.

“I assure you that with the commissioning of Udoka Water Scheme, the other 17 water schemes in different towns will be commissioned by December. I assure you that we will build more roads. We have attracted the second biggest brewery in the world to Anambra, we shall attract more of such companies. I assure you that we shall continue to improve on all sectors. This is my birthday gift,” Obi said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/gov-obi-clocks-50-declines-to-celebrate/

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by mesther96(f): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2013
what else?
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by sobaemma(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2013
thats hypocricy,so how does celebrating a birthday stop u from working?

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2013
Long Live The Greatest Governor Of The South East

Happy Birthday In Arrears, Governor Peter Obi

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by FACIGAR2(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2013
FA-CIGAR toh Bad...
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by mkpologwu(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2013
Am I da pest

No am da pipt!
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Biim: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2013
This man sef, Happy Birthday.
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Dongozzy6(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2013
sobaemma: thats hypocricy,so how that celebrating a birthday stop u from working?
[/color][color=#006600]10000000 likes from me
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by joshuaidibia(m): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2013
Who cares! As if the rice for reach me.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Policewoman(f): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2013
I LOVE THIS GOVERNOR SO MUCH. HOW I WISH HE WAS THE ONE GOVERNING MY RIVERS STATE AND NOT THE TALKATIVE MAECHI.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by HARDEYLEKE(m): 10:27am On Jul 19, 2013
mkpologwu: Am I da pest

No am da pipt!
What Is This One Saying? undecided
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2013
Policewoman: I LOVE THIS GOVERNOR SO MUCH. HOW I WISH HE WAS THE ONE GOVERNING MY RIVERS STATE AND NOT THE TALKATIVE MAECHI.

Policewoman!!!! As much as I love U, u drop ma hand. Anyway,na ur opinion be that. God bless Obi
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Alvanosky: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2013
As if it will change the price of garri in the market.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2013
I AM FROM THE WEST BUT I LOVE PETER OBI SO Much. Happy birthday to him

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Mrdealer4all: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2013
Policewoman: I LOVE THIS GOVERNOR SO MUCH. HOW I WISH HE WAS THE ONE GOVERNING MY RIVERS STATE AND NOT THE TALKATIVE MAECHI.
where do u stay in ph
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Mepounds(m): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2013
This is commendable.The interests of the people shud come first.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by wizberrysokey(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2013
ferdsmart:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/gov-obi-clocks-50-declines-to-celebrate/
that's the quality of good governance.i love that........if NFF can copy the mindset of this young man.
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by ifedun2: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2013
First was Fashola,now Obi.Wish others would borrow a leaf from them,and stop wasting public funds on frivolities.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Princeokwytex: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2013
Wishing you more fruitful years ahead.
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Chukwutobi: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2013
Don't deceive us here! You are just playing political games

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by ATMCARD2(m): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2013
.Then cm n marry 4rm Anambra nah.If u're stil single grin
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2013
Ok, he said he won't do a big party. He ll just do a small family party in the evening after attending lectures.
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by ATMCARD2(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2013
Mrdealer4all: where do u stay in ph
.Dats nt y we r here

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by tutaboi(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2013
politicians .......I respect u ppl. u most have a skeleton in urn cupboard .

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Lilimax(f): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2013
50 years is a milestone in ones life.
There is nothing wrong in celebrating it no matter how small wink
However, his ideology should be respected.

Happy 50th birthday to my able Governor -Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2013
m.esther96:
what else?
Shutup.una don see better news dy ask what else.nothing wey person go do.had it been he called for a party and start drinking and eating.na still u go come NL typ what else.
Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Kingsley1000(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2013
u don chop anambra moni finish...ur conscience don dy blame u...if u tink hez a Thief,hit LIKE

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2013
Lilimax: 50 years is a milestone in ones life.
There is nothing wrong in celebrating it no matter how small wink
However, his ideology should be respected.

Happy 50th birthday to my able Governor -Peter Obi.

My sister I love your comment die. Leave hapu ndi ara juru Nland.ka fa na asitosi .lols not really good in igbo.but me am proud anambra ma home town.haters you can click the dislike button I don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Dats nt y we r here
Abeg help me remind the idiot about that.
Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2013
joshua idibia: Who cares! As if the rice for reach me.
No idiot.the rice won't reach any of us.but probably the gossip of Gv peter obi wasting money celebrating his birthday,while the state and country is a blah blah.will reach you.and you will also be the first idiot to say evil things.
Nothing wey no be problem for naija.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by pasqal09: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Bloody hypocrite!!!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Chukwutobi: Don't deceive us here! You are just playing political games

Go play your own game. Big hater .mooooooo .wooooooo. U dy here dem dy talk of someone who don't even know you exist in this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dapchi: Parents Occupy NASS, Demands Probe And Recovery Of Abducted Daughters / INEC To Present Certificates Of Return To 26 ODHA Members-elect Today / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.