Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims (7327 Views)

Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos) / Osinbajo Visits Gombe Bomb Blast Victims (Photo) / Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by lalasticlala(m): 3:14am On Nov 30, 2014
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, and a presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Sunday cancelled off a celebration organized to commemorate his birthday.
Atiku clocked 68 last Tuesday and his friends and associates organized a birthday celebration in his honour at the THISDAY dome in Abuja.

However, Atiku told his associates that he was in no mood for any celebration with the triple blast at the Central Mosque in Kano, which killed over a hundred persons and injured over two hundred others.

“Because invitations have already been sent and guests have travelled from far and near, it was not possible to issue an outright cancellation,” said Paul Ibe, an official in the former vice president’s media office.

Mr. Ibe also said Atiku was actually a guest at the event, because it was organized by his friends and associate who invited him like any other guest.

“ His Excellency Atiku Abubakar arrived at about 8pm. He came into Abuja from Akure and he told the guests that he hardly ever celebrate his birthdays because they are always days of reflection for him.

“He however said he agreed to the celebration this year because his wife was called to the bar,
“However, as soon as he arrived and after the national anthem, he called for a minute of silence and also called on a Muslim cleric to offer prayers, followed by the Christian prayer by former Ekiti state governor, Segun Oni, for the repose of the victims of yesterday’s attack in Kano as well as similar attacks in Kontagora, Potiskum Mubi and Maiduguri in recent times,” Mr. Ibe said.

Mr. Ibe also quoted Atiku as telling the guests that “these are not the times for celebrations”.

He said Atiku called on all the guests to be steadfast in prayers for the return of total peace to Nigeria.

He added that the APC presidential aspirant then left the venue immediately after the prayers and his short remarks.
Mr. Ibe said the celebration was planned to be “full blown” before Atiku called it off.
Some of the guests at the venue of the celebration included the National Chairman of the APC, John Oyegun, Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, Senate Minority Leader, George Akume, and business mogul, Kekere Ekun.

source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/172100-atiku-cancels-birthday-celebration-honour-kano-bomb-blast-victims.html

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by M4gunners: 3:17am On Nov 30, 2014
Wetin concern me here?Make i run commot jare.
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by tos4u(m): 3:24am On Nov 30, 2014
Just to secure power by all means, DESPERATE
POWER SEEKERS FORMING SAINTHOOD..........

JUST LIKE MY POST FOR LIKING SAKE

22 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by debola23(f): 3:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Thats how life is. Ahead ahead. But I dont understand how a parry can be cancelled only for another to be organized again. .
Anyway.....ko kan mi though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Gboliwe: 4:13am On Nov 30, 2014
Wasn't his birthday days before the blast? Is he having a week-long line up of parties? Then it doesn't matter one bit.

All these attention seeking won't get me to be sympathetic to this his cause

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by StealthyMe(m): 5:26am On Nov 30, 2014
Atiku baba grin

I trust these politicians...been conning Nigerians since 1963 undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by lertee(f): 5:45am On Nov 30, 2014
It is a good example,It means he cherish human life.

Anyway,that's his business,he should have gone ahead to have his celebration,he owes no one any explanation if he did cos it is obvious he isn't winning jack come 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by fitzmayowa: 5:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Political stunt...I don't see any reason for publishing this on the pages of newpaper...
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by FRANCISEKE1(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Ok
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by monemsis(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Abeg who we dey deceive undecided

Madam abeg enter motor joor grin

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 30, 2014
But this APC fools won't call this publicity stunt...

Foolish people

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by orbis(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Atiku my guy...shebi you know we don't give a damn about your birthday. If only you had more sense you would have abandoned this your presidential a bit in and focus more on the monies you stole from 1999-2007.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by disloman(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Better than rocking at a campaign rally

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Abiolainfo: 6:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Desperation for power is the beginning of wisdom cheesy grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Truckpusher(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2014
Atiku ruthlessly seeking for votes since Adams grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2014
isorite
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by chibwike(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2014
So?
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Akshow: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2014
eye service
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Simple26(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2014
Just passsing, abeg who see my nokia charger?
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2014
Highly commendable as he respected the victims of the bomb blast.

Others should follow his foot steps

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Elcemento(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2014
Nice gesture!!!

MY SIGNATURE, MY PROFILE, MY BUSINESS !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by abbeyoye2001(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2014
If he do am now, una go still attack am. Naija no dey dey satisfy for our own

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Equado(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2014
So 4**k what....Atiku....#nt relevant
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Iniotong(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2014
story for the gods
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2014
Stories for the gods........

When everyday be like birthday for him side mstewww.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by cosmatika(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2014
Atiku u ve failed in dis one cos “wateva u say or do will be used against u"

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by donmalcolm21(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Who gives a damn about Atiku's birthday, Instead of playing politics with his birthday he should reach out to Northern Elders and find a way to nip this ugly monster in the bud.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Highly commendable as he respected the victims of the bomb blast.

Others should follow his foot steps
Respected fire!!!!!!

He should use that celebration money to help the victims and the less privileged.
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by teemanbastos(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
PUBLICITY STUNTS SHA
Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
The way this lady dey make fp is alarming o o.

Mtn be like "Making fp is a thing of ease-lalasticlala" text lalasticlala to 33100 on tips on how to make fp regularly.N100/sms terms and conditions apply.

Via Nairaland for iphone6

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims by Nelson2014(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2014
make i first book space

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$9.6b Judgment: Ex-cjn Belgore, Others May Face Trial / Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello / Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.