Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now (16986 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by sainty2k3(m): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
sheyie2007: We need fashola as president... Enough with all this presidents with poor communication skills angry I'm disappointed.. Well, obasanjo was worse, I felt like burning my passport when I watched his interview

Obasanjo was much better in such interviews , he's an orator and he's more intelligent,he'll use his sweet mouth cover up all his lapses without lies. Even the white can't help laughing whenever he talks. U can quote any of his interview in particular that makes you feel like burning ur passport
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked abeg did oga really mention that Mexican govt supports.......? no play na sad
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by emmanuel4758(m): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
cnn.u said u ar winin war against corruption bt ur govt release convicted prisoner,presido .u talkin about alamesiye ,as a president hav right to pardon repented prisoner and warn him nt to commit such offence but we havnt release some of his asset ,we forgive him cos we see some of his gud work in prison so we decided to let him go ,nigeria govt wil continue to abide on rule of law.
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Tayeni(m): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
sheyie2007: Well, obasanjo was worse, view
That's a lie. Put sentiments for one side.....though he has a thick yoruba accent, his choice of words is way better. Note; I'm nt talking about who is d better president o......so don't go there
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by emmanuel4758(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
DivideUs: shocked shocked shocked shocked abeg did oga really mention that Mexican govt supports.......? no play na sad
sm politicians nt d govt
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
emmanuel4758: cnn. wy did u let go sudan president when un tag him wanted.presido uno i didnt invite him to nigeria dis is a.u meetin and a.u ignore un call for his arrest he is in nigeria becos of a.u and i dnt see any reason to oppose a.u in oda to obey un nigerian is an inteligent state we do tinz acordin to rule of law .updatin more
Guy, stop feeding us with falsehood. The interview most likely took place in China. If that was the case, the AU event happened after the interview. So how come he was asked a question about an event that was yet to happen during the interview?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by emmanuel4758(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
todays interview
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by bol2010: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
ARES: why did they put a nigga on TALK ASIA...... what happened to INSIDE AFRICA angry angry angry angry
jst perfect.NIGGA#BlackSkinHead
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by awodman: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
emmanuel4758: todays interview
Stop lying joor...An interview that took place during his recent visit to china is what you are claiming he was asked a question on Al-Bashir of Sudan?...

Stop hoodwinking unsuspecting members of this forum
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by emudiagaebbah: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
He is still the president, support him, correct him, dont abuse him.
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by coputa(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gej was the first Nigerian president to speak the english language without the interferance from his mother tongue...he has brought respect and dignity to that office..
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Damsman10(m): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
Tayeni: That's a lie. Put sentiments for one side.....though he has a thick yoruba accent, his choice of words is way better. Note; I'm nt talking about who is d better president o......so don't go there
do u fink OBJ can ever b as dense as GEJ.
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by obas01(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
Wow!!! So disaPpointing.. Most citizen are not happy wth GEJ leadership,over 90% Nigerian , execpt d people of Bayelsa and his co-corrupt members.. dis wat coz revolution best thing for is him to resign , But PEJ(pigeon) will not allow him to resign . We need a better president.
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
wirinet:

The greatest diplomatic blunder i have heard from any leader. He was throwing unstubstanciated allegation against a foreign government that has a cordial relations with nigeria? To say that gansterism is a problem in Mexico is one thing but to accuse the Mexican government of sponsoring gansterism is a serious allegation. So how does he expect the Mexican government to relate with his government?

Simply put,this man Jonathan is an e-diot.
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by atlwireles: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
obas01: Wow!!! So disaPpointing.. Most citizen are not happy wth GEJ leadership,over 90% Nigerian , execpt d people of Bayelsa and his co-corrupt members.. dis wat coz revolution best thing for is him to resign , But PEJ(pigeon) will not allow him to resign . We need a better president.

DELUSION IS A BAD DISEASE
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 20, 2013
I think the right thing is to watch or read the transcript of the interview before commenting. U can be easily misled by the analyses on this thread
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 20, 2013
The rubbish we elected as president... I just lost all my respect for him after he signed that 'child bride' bill to law...
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by ssiaccenture(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2013
he will never give concrete answers to nigeria problems, but beating about the bush like okonjo.
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by atlwireles: 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
scipher: The rubbish we elected as president... I just lost all my respect for him after he signed that 'child bride' bill to law...

It is remarkable how little most of you know about this country which bill are you talking about
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by taharqa2: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
scipher: The rubbish we elected as president... I just lost all my respect for him after he signed that 'child bride' bill to law...
What 'child bride bill' did he sign? IGNORAMUS
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by omasogood(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
emmanuel4758: cnn.u said u ar winin war against corruption bt ur govt release convicted prisoner,presido .u talkin about alamesiye ,as a president hav right to pardon repented prisoner and warn him nt to commit such offence but we havnt release some of his asset ,we forgive him cos we see some of his gud work in prison so we decided to let him go ,nigeria govt wil continue to abide on rule of law.

Emmanuel4758 or should I say LIAR4758, you clearly are one of the people who have contributed to our bad reputation all over the world as lying,deceitful people.If only there was a way I could locate you I would personally come down and make sure that you will never be able to use those your lying fingers to type away and mislead nairalanders like you have already.

pls great people of nigeria,here are EXCERPTS of the original transcript of the interview with the link to the cnn website where you can view the full transcript. I'd also like to add that although our President is not perfect, it is very obvious that he is very passionate about fixing the problems of our beloved country as can clearly be seen in the interview so please let us stop thowing stones at him,accept we're part of the corruption problem and come together to fix our country,it is the only one we have and noone not even God will come down and do it for us.

RAJPAL: Mr. President, welcome to TALK ASIA.

GOODLUCK JONATHAN, PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA: Thank you.

RAJPAL: You're here in China on what is being described as an historic state visit. You've got more than a dozen ministers, government ministers, traveling with you.

Tell me what do you hope to walk away with? What do you hope to go back to Nigeria with after this visit?

JONATHAN: This year is a critical battle for this world (ph). The population of this world is an issue (ph). Here, China with 1.35 billion human beings. And Africa's, India, very close to that. So as a part of this globe, that we believe Nigeria and, indeed, Africa have to pattern that with (ph).

And we believe that with these three day (ph) visits, that's why we're going back to Nigeria, first and foremost, will allow the robust relations with the government of China. That is government to government. I had interactions with the president; we had bilateral discussions. I met with the premier and of course the head of the parliament.

And all these discussions quite fruitful, very, very fruitful.

RAJPAL: China and Nigeria have had bilateral agreements, bilateral relationship I should say, for the past more than 40 years.

JONATHAN: That is from the '70s.

RAJPAL: 1970s. How do you think that relationship has changed now especially, say, in the last 10 years?

JONATHAN: It has changed significantly because if you look at it, trade balances, it has increased significantly and I might forget figures but it's quite above $10 billion now. We are talking about 2009 it was below $2 billion. Now it's above $12 billion.

So that can clearly tell you that within this past couple of years, the trade relations, the business relations opportunity between countries have improved. And I want them to go beyond that.

SOURCE:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/19/ta.01.html
Re: President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now by awodman: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
@omasogood pls can you create a thread for your post above or maybe I can help?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Impregnates IDP In Maiduguri Camp - Dan Borno Reveals / Jonathan Built Only Federal University In Buhari’s State, Omokri Replies Garba / South Africa Is Nigeria's Big Brother - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.