Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (51899 Views)

Photos Of The PDP Senators Who Walked Out Because Of Amaechi / Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Trial Today (photos) / Names Of Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Yesterday....... [29 In All] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Clinton207: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Na wa ☺º°˚˚˚°º☺ ,ugbesia is a disgrace to edo state.tank G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ he's not a bini man.[quote author=Garri the 1st][/quote]
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
But a woman does not have the right to grow up normally under parents and make her decision on who she wants to marry,its ok to sell her off under the guise of marriage

Shame on all you worthless paedophiles that don't have any regard for the dignity of women.posterity will judge you,all you filthy things hiding under the umbrella of religion to perpetrate your disgusting,warped behaviour.the blood of all the little girls you've defiled will be on your head.tufiakwa.

Amee1: That was a good move by our senators. Mary born jesus when she was 14yr or 16yr. 20B.C 4B.C or 6B.C read bible carefuly. Do u expect a muslim 2 marry a girl who slept with many men? 99% of our graduate are not vagin HIV+. We believe in qur'an not man made law that is constitution-

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 10:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abi is it not the same North that has the highest HIV infection rate in the country, or am I wrong?

Is it not the same north that has highest mortality rate of children birthing babies?

Is it not the same north with the highest rate of most diseases including STD's?

Yet someone wants to claim morals..

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amee1: That was a good move by our senators. Mary born jesus when she was 14yr or 16yr. 20B.C 4B.C or 6B.C read bible carefuly. Do u expect a muslim 2 marry a girl who slept with many men? 99% of our graduate are not vagin HIV+. We believe in qur'an not man made law that is constitution-
Did someone hit your head with a big stick with this katikati post U just made?..undecided

...ur case is something else GREATER than those Senators, i dey tell u
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by profb: 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]ACN is always ahead.

No single ACN Senator voted this.

Thanks Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for giving us ACN[/size]

ABEG, LEAVE TINUBU OUT OF THIS
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by ALISMILE(m): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
manny4life:

Arrant NONSENSE.

Who's holding them from not practicing what they believe in? When the Northern states decided to pass their Sharia Law, did Christians revolt? Christians have every right to revolt when it's debated on the floor of the National Assembly, Nigerians will not accept such nonsense incorporated into their bills and laws governing the country.
manny4life:

Arrant NONSENSE.

Who's holding them from not practicing what they believe in? When the Northern states decided to pass their Sharia Law, did Christians revolt? Christians have every right to revolt when it's debated on the floor of the National Assembly, Nigerians will not accept such nonsense incorporated into their bills and laws governing the country.
manny4life:

Arrant NONSENSE.

THE TRUT IS WEN SHARIA WAS PASSED IN D NORTH CHRISTIANS PROTESTED EVEN WEN ALL EFFORTS WAS MADE TO EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT IT was for muslims only. Come to islamic bankin,christians protested even tho no body is forcin them into it. Muslims wont care if u enact a christian law or bring up a religious bank today. My bro just let their religion be.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by biafranqueen: 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
What would a 13 year old girl be able to discuss with a 40 30 or even 20 year old man what utter nonsense they have been doing it already all these years why now must it be a law unless others now want to openly participate I just read where one pastor was abusing girls in pairs under 10 saying the devil made him do it they are sick sick sick
https://www.nairaland.com/1365671/devil-made-me-defile-6-year-old
+
manny4life:

Who is fooling who? You want to have "an objective discussion" on pedophilia and its cultural/social acceptance? Three words - YOU ARE SICK.

If you're a minister in a church? LOL, we're to believe you right? Please look for who to pull that wool over their eyes, not mine. I can see right through you.

The Bible doesn't specify ANY age for marriage but the Bible does make several references to a "WOMAN" being with her husband. It did not say teen or underage children, it said WOMAN. Was Eve underage?

Doesn't the Bible speak on further as marriage as the unification of a man/woman coming together as ONE? Where did you see underage girl as a woman? A 12yo girl that has yet to undergo womanhood - biologically, physically, mentally and everything, she isn't prepared for womanhood and you're here justifying that nonsense?
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
Garri the 1st: [/quote]
Garri the 1st:
[quote author=Garri the 1st]
AND THIS ACN PEOPLE BE FORMING SAINTS. WHEN THEY'RE ALSO BOUT STEALING FROM OUR NATIONAL CAKE. I SEE THIS SH*T AS JUST A CAMPAIGN STRATEGY. HOW GENUINE IS THIS LIST. WAKE UP NAIJA
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
IYA NGBALI: 1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan posterity will kudge all those valueless things that are not even fit to be human beibgs let alone men,for not giving the girl child the opportunity to be educated but married off because of your gross lack of self control,their God is not asleep.all you animals who your kids are in different parts of europe and america doing their masters degree,phd or are working in good places with plum jobs,you will not be ok to enjoy the fruit of your labour because yorubas say it is not possible to make others cry and expect you will be happy just the same way you can't plant mango and expect orange fruits(Jigawa South West, PDP)

2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)

3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)

4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)

5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)

6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)

7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)

8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)

9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)

10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

11. Sen. Danjuma Goje Mohammed (Gombe Central, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)

13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)

14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)

15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)

16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)

17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)

18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)

19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)

20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)

21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)

22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)

23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)

24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)

25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)

26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)

27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)

28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)

29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)

30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)

31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)

32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)

33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)

34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)

35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)

LIST OF UNDISTINGUISHED HEDIOTS THAT LOVE UNDER AGED CUN_TS IN NIGERIA
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
ALISMILE: THE TRUT IS WEN SHARIA WAS PASSED IN D NORTH CHRISTIANS PROTESTED EVEN WEN ALL EFFORTS WAS MADE TO EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT IT was for muslims only. Come to islamic bankin,christians protested even tho no body is forcin them into it. Muslims wont care if u enact a christian law or bring up a religious bank today. My bro just let their religion be.

Christians protested when Sharia wanted to be instituted as part of Nigerian law which contradicts the Supreme Law of the Land aka The Nigerian Constitution. Even Boko leader even stated that as part of their cease fire, they still wanted the Sharia introduced to all states. That was the bone of contention which was later settled for individual states, reason why few Northern states adopted it.

As for banking, Islamic banking was a terrible idea. The CBN is NOT and I repeat, IS NOT a northern owned entity but an independent government regulating agency. So yes, Nigerians and Christians alike have every right under the earth to be angry. If the CBN is not directly endorsing it but mere granting operational license, that wouldn't have raised issues. However, Mallam Sanusi, wasn't only selling the idea as the NEXT BIG THING that will spur development, even using Singapore, Indonesia to cite his example, he was also promoting it, and the regulatory actions were discriminatory to other banks whom Christians bank with.

Abeg if you want to talk about Islamic banking, open another thread. Back then, I contributed my own quota to the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
biafranqueen: What would a 13 year old girl be able to discuss with a 40 30 or even 20 year old man what utter nonsense they have been doing it already all these years why now must it be a law unless others now want to openly participate I just read where one pastor was abusing girls in pairs under 10 saying the devil made him do it they are sick sick sick
https://www.nairaland.com/1365671/devil-made-me-defile-6-year-old
+

I recommend capital punishment "by hanging" for these bastardsss...

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by deols(f): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
What were the other senators doing?

Why were they not in session?

Politics is a game of numbers. Deal with it.

But the law is skewed sha. Something about who can disclaim Nigeria becomes that of what age person fit marry.

All the unmarried minors impregnated by their neighbours and street uncles dont have the same right though because while marriage is mentioned, motherhood is not the criteria. It is high time they carried placard for the married are given preferential treatments over the baby mamas.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
IYA NGBALI: 1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan posterity will kudge all those valueless things that are not even fit to be human beibgs let alone men,for not giving the girl child the opportunity to be educated but married off because of your gross lack of self control,their God is not asleep.all you animals who your kids are in different parts of europe and america doing their masters degree,phd or are working in good places with plum jobs,you will not be ok to enjoy the fruit of your labour because yorubas say it is not possible to make others cry and expect you will be happy just the same way you can't plant mango and expect orange fruits(Jigawa South West, PDP)

2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)

3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)

4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)

5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)

6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)

7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)

8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)

9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)

10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

11. Sen. Danjuma Goje Mohammed (Gombe Central, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)

13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)

14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)

15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)

16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)

17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)

18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)

19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)

20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)

21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)

22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)

23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)

24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)

25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)

26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)

27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)

28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)

29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)

30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)

31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)

32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)

33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)

34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)

35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)

LIST OF UNDISTINGUISHED HEDIOTS THAT LOVE UNDER AGED CUN_TS IN NIGERIA
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Manny, you are strong o. You get time to dey debate with some misguided folks.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Tayeni(m): 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Tayeni(m): 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu:

I support you even 13 is too old. Lets reduce it to 2.

As soon as girls are able to walk they are ready to get married. Her first step should be in her fathers house, second step in her husbands house

Young Amaria. praise the Lord
Kai! The King of sarcasm......ur sarcasm na sting. That should drive home d point. I doubt he's going to gv a reply to that. grin
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
CFCfan: Manny, you are strong o. You get time to dey debate with some misguided folks.

Bros, sometimes you have to challenge this people on their lies... Like folks tryna justify their actions using the Bible and Jesus.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by ALISMILE(m): 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
Frankly, If i were u guys i'll be ashamed of insultin another person's religion when they still refuse to insult mine.as far as i ve seen muslims display more maturity in all this e-war mediums.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by udatso: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
Handsomeemmy:

My question is Will you give your daughter out in marriage at the age of 13 against her will?

Can you marry a 13 years old girl and sleep peaceful in your sleep?

Kindly answer me please.
why is it that whenever you guys hear the mention of under age u always mention 12, 13 years:::if you are not bn 1 sided, y do u fail to mention 15, 16, 17.....how many gals within age of 12 to 17 have all lost their virginity, having countless abortions but you dont see anything wrong with it? Personally i dont plan on giving my daughter out at the age of 13 since thats your only description of underage marriage and no 1 is forcing me or you to do it:::the law was passed so that people like you wont consider it a criminal offence anymore.......if i remember correctly, in the 50s to 80s, no body saw a lady marrying at d age of 16, 17, 15 as any problem:::::go back to your village and you will confirm this::::::the only thing you guys should say is that the law should be ammended in a way that the girll shouldnt be forced and not raining down insults on them.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
ALISMILE: Frankly, If i were u guys i'll be ashamed of insultin another person's religion when they still refuse to insult mine.as far as i ve seen muslims display more maturity in all this e-war mediums.

Religion is about practice which bears no more relevance onto anyone than the one who practices it. While maturity is of the mind, it's ok to believe in what you will, nonetheless it doesn't cast any shadow of doubt on the status quo. Pedophilia openly supported by your senators is absolutely BAD and EVIL.

CONDEMN IT, and free yourself.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 11:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abeg, time to waka comot this thread. Let me use my time for very important issues like praying to Baba GOD that I want ot win Mega Million grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
TruthTella: Islam disgusts me. Dirty pedophyle religion.
I support what babyosisi said before, if Islam is a religion that encourages child r a p e all in the name of following the footsteps of muhamed then Seun has to put a stop to islamic topics making front page. If he doesn't do this then nairaland will be taken as a website that propagates pedophylia (islam).

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
manny4life: Abeg, time to waka comot this thread. Let me use my time for very important issues like praying to Baba GOD that I want ot win Mega Million grin grin
Finally grin
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by jjgirljay(f): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
I can't believe this,what happened to edo and ondo. Abi it's culture for them as well,we need help in this country. All other pedofiles can as well be sent to Nigeria to opening molest kids.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by dayokanu(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
profb: ABEG, LEAVE TINUBU OUT OF THIS

It was an ACN Senator who exposed the Pedophilles and no ACN Senator voted in support
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu:

It was an ACN Senator who exposed the Pedophilles and no ACN Senator voted in support

It wasn't really an ACN vs them thing
It was more of a Muslim agenda

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Freewilly(f): 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
This just explains why there are so many Almajaris and kids begging for many in the North.Those grown arse pedophiles get those Hausa teenage girls pregnant and dump em. And this teenage girls can't even support themselves talk-less of a child. Sadly these children grow up to be terrorists, all in the name of Islam.And Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by biafranqueen: 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
manny4life:

I recommend capital punishment "by hanging" for these bastardsss...
I 2nd that
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Elmos: 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Shameless fools including Ayo form Ondo and that yeye man from Edo embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by AbuMikey(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
jjgirljay: I can't believe this,what happened to edo and ondo. Abi it's culture for them as well,we need help in this country. All other pedofiles can as well be sent to Nigeria to opening molest kids.
Edo Peeps are not Pedophile(s)!!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Freewilly(f): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE POOR TEENAGE GIRLS IN THE NORTH. I CAN ONLY PRAY THE GOOD LORD SAVE THEM FROM THOSE MONSTERS.!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) / What Is Governor Rochas Building? (pics) / Political Thugs Arrested With Charms And Weapons In Akwa Ibom (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.