Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Is True Holiness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is True Holiness? (958 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is True Holiness? by detruth: 12:11pm On May 24, 2008
If I may ask someone; What is true Holiness?
Is it with respect to the appearance of the physical or the state of being of the total-man?
I so much believe that "Holiness" is the state of God. Without any prejudice to any particular Church or a man of God,
I see holiness as the way of God, rather than the ways of man. I see it as the quality of the inner man, whose attributes overflow to the external.
There are many with the inside too dirty compare to their outside.
Scriptures makes us understands that there is no one as holy physically as the Pharisees, but listen to what Jesus said about them;
Matt 23:26-28
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. KJV

I believe Holiness can never be achived from "dos an don'ts" rules. It only tends to hypocrity (i.e. what you do only when poeple are around). That is why the contributions of many in this forum may be far from what they actually practice. Holiness is what you practise even when nobody is watching you. May be you can tell me who guides God in order for Him to be Holy?
I love the prophesy about holiness when Zacharias (the father of John) was filled with the Holy Ghost;

Luke 1:72-75
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life
. KJV

If you have the Holy Spirit indeed, then you need no one again to instruct you about "what and what not" rules to be holy,
except the Holy Spirit in them is different? Holiness is never in fear nor condemnation!
The truth is that there is a part of God in every man that make it impossible for him to deny the awareness that he errs no matter how much he wants to ignore it.
If the conscience can go as far as doing this, how much more will the Holy Spirit of God in a believer help him/her in living a holy life if indeed he/she is willing?

Contributions are expected from other Christians about their view on this particular subject. Thanking you!
Re: What Is True Holiness? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On May 13, 2023
detruth:
■ If I may ask someone; W[b]hat is true Holiness?[/b] Is it with respect to the appearance of the physical or the state of being of the total-man? I so much believe that "Holiness" is the state of God. Without any prejudice to any particular Church or a man of God, I see holiness as the way of God, rather than the ways of man. I see it as the quality of the inner man, whose attributes overflow to the external. There are many with the inside too dirty compare to their outside. Scriptures makes us understands that there is no one as holy physically as the Pharisees, but listen to what Jesus said about them; Matt 23:26-28.
■ [b]I believe Holiness can never be achived from "dos an don'ts" rules
. It only tends to hypocrity (i.e. what you do only when poeple are around). That is why the contributions of many in this forum may be far from what they actually practice. Holiness is what you practise even when nobody is watching you. May be you can tell me who guides God in order for Him to be Holy?
■ I love the prophesy about holiness when Zacharias (the father of John) was filled with the Holy Ghost; Luke 1:72-75
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life
. KJV

■If you have the Holy Spirit indeed, then you need no one again to instruct you about "what and what not" rules to be holy,
except the Holy Spirit in them is different? Holiness is never in fear nor condemnation!
■ The truth is that there is a part of God in every man that make it impossible for him to deny the awareness that he errs no matter how much he wants to ignore it. If the conscience can go as far as doing this, how much more will the Holy Spirit of God in a believer help him/her in living a holy life if indeed he/she is willing? Contributions are expected from other Christians about their view on this particular subject. Thanking you!
1. Holiness is a state of living in compliance with God's Law and Truth. undecided

2. Rather, Holiness can only be achieved by living one's life in complete compliance with God's Law and Truth — His teachings and commandments. God is said to be Holy because He too is faithful to His side of the agreement which He made with man in accordance with His Law. undecided

3. As stated in the prophecy, to serve God is to accept and obey His Law, and it is only those who continuously live their lives in direct compliance with said Law that then become Holy, and eventually righteous when God approves them so. undecided

4. Those who have the Holy Spirit are those who have been recorded Holy through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God as stipulated in His Law - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided

5. The Holy Spirit is installed by God in those who have through continuous submission and obedience proven themselves worthy and Holy. And as God Himself said in Ezekiel 36 vs 26 - 28 the Holy Spirit is to help you carefully obey God's commandments and statutes. So, He comes in to make the process much easier only after you have through continuous submission and obedience to God's same Law and Truth proven yourself worthy of Him. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me With Prayers / Can: Putting Papal Ground Into Use / What Are Athiest Ideology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.