Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279062 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2015
Defcon1:

Honestly, l regret ever buying a windows phone...so many issues.

Now, please, where else can i download operamini for WP8 (LUMIA 520); all the versions on windows store are FAKE.
I was using the beta version, which suddenly stopped opening for 3days now.
I am on the Airtel Operamini data plan and my data is wasting.

Please help.
Thank you.
theres only one operamini in my own store ooo...are you sure you are using windows phone......tr ity to download opera again...they have fix alot of bugs in it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 2:01am On Nov 01, 2015
Defcon1:

The pre-installed Windows App store on the phone.

Just click on this direct URL to take you straight to the opera mini in the store:

Check out "Opera Mini" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=b3bf000a-e004-4ecb-a8fb-9fc817cdab90
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Defcon1(m): 4:56am On Nov 01, 2015
ceaser:

Just click on this direct URL to take you straight to the opera mini in the store:

Check out "Opera Mini" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=b3bf000a-e004-4ecb-a8fb-9fc817cdab90
Thanks for your help.

Please, forgive my naivety, I could not locate the download button for the app on that site.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by HAkorehdeh(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2015
I think i am now joining this thread. Should i have even?!
Got this thread using the search button with the keyword 'chrome book'. Seems it's been discussed here before.

anyone here with idea or experience using a chrome book should please tell me how much useful he finds it. I told my dad i wanted a laptop, he got me a chrome book and i have planned a lot of things to do with the laptop including starting my online business career. What a big f*ck up!

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 12:02am On Nov 02, 2015
any idea if opera dwnld bug have been fixed on d app new update ??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
UjSizzle:

Feraz!!!
Yes! grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
Got this thread using the search button with the keyword 'chrome book'. Seems it's been discussed here before.

anyone here with idea or experience using a chrome book should please tell me how much useful he finds it. I told my dad i wanted a laptop, he got me a chrome book and i have planned a lot of things to do with the laptop including starting my online business career. What a big f*ck up!
You should go to the computer/programming section of the forum. You will get more solutions there. Maybe 4llerbuntu can aid you (that is if he is still a member of the forum).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Uchexxy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
good day kinesis, bros I just got an Acer windows 8.1 tablet pc. I want to transfer my files from my android phone via Bluetooth but d stuff connects and when transferring, it'll always say not connected and my HTC will say not sent. abeg help me out
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 2:12am On Nov 04, 2015
Defcon1:

Thanks for your help.

Please, forgive my naivety, I could not locate the download button for the app on that site.

I guess you didn't get that link to open up the "store" app on your device and take you straight to "opera mini" app. You must have been browsing using any other browser aside from IE and set your website preferences to "desktop" for this scenario to happen, hence your difficulty in locating the download button.

So here is what you should try to do: Copy that url, launch your IE (internet explorer) on your phone and paste the url in the address bar. The IE will then launch your "store" app and directly take you to the download page for "opera mini". Good luck.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 2:26am On Nov 04, 2015
HAkorehdeh:

Chromebook? Pffrrr! I think you will get better resource using bing search to research hoe to work that device with the OS. Working this device shouldn't be serious trouble for anyone who has worked with a PC or even any phones before. So I believe you won't encounter much difficulty getting it to work.

However there is a basic thing you should know about the Chrome OS. It is a poor attempt of google at creating a desktop OS based on the android rootkit OS and aimed at creating a competition with Windows desktop OS, Apple Mac OS, Linux etc. And as you can see, it has been a futile attempt so far. Best experience you can have there is browsing using the google chrome browser which apparently works well on the OS. Most of the other apps available for that OS are web based apps and well, not enjoyable. Google has announced it plans to "unify" the Chrome OS and its android OS to an improved single multi-device OS come 2016.

Hehehehe, people be copying Microsoft windows 10 OneWindows concept. I think apple too is working on something similar.

I don't know how you will enjoy your chromebook o. Chromebook ke?! Try to sell it off jare and use the money to buy a windows laptop that will give you more versatility and less stress. Yèyé "Scroogle" of an OS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 2:31am On Nov 04, 2015
Uchexxy:
good day kinesis, bros I just got an Acer windows 8.1 tablet pc. I want to transfer my files from my android phone via Bluetooth but d stuff connects and when transferring, it'll always say not connected and my HTC will say not sent. abeg help me out

I hope the Acer tablet PC you got is not actually "an Acer chromebook" like HAkorehdeh put up above. Check well o and make sure the OS on it is not Chrome OS. grin If it is, HAkorehdeh should be able to put you thru with working it cheesy

If you're lucky and it's truly Windows 8.1, I will suggest you delete your Android phone from the list of "devices and printers", then try to do a fresh re-connect and pairing between the two devices ensuring to go thru the proper steps of selecting the correct pairing passwords displayed when prompted. You may also have to enable the "allow this device to connect automatically" action when it is requested. When you complete the pairing, try to send your files again.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 5:33am On Nov 04, 2015
Pls o
Come n buy my Lumia 920 for 20k
I'm never coming back to windows after this

The cc player that was working well has started shutting down like vlc

Aliexpress app I use in shopping is so whack, refreshes forever, can't even scroll to where I can pay for items

The default keyboard is so not comfortable, so close to themselves

Instagram is still on beta version

No zenith bank application

Facebook app alerts me of ppls bday, for me to wish them happy birthday, they take me to the entire ppl celebrating birthday that month
Also I can't view my memories on facebook

Bbm is scrap...like very scrap...takes years to go back to d main screen from chat screen and when im chatting on BBM, my music player misbehaves, normally stuck on one music

To search for contacts on WhatsApp na time e dey take

Pls if u are using a 920 and don't experience any of these, alert me o

And don't forget, the phone is for sale

Windows phones are not for serious biz ppl, its for ppl after flashy stuffs
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Defcon1(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2015
Thank u so much for this.
I am so grateful.
Will follow the instructions ASAP.
ceaser:

I guess you didn't get that link to open up the "store" app on your device and take you straight to "opera mini" app. You must have been browsing using any other browser aside from IE and set your website preferences to "desktop" for this scenario to happen, hence your difficulty in locating the download button.

So here is what you should try to do: Copy that url, launch your IE (internet explorer) on your phone and paste the url in the address bar. The IE will then launch your "store" app and directly take you to the download page for "opera mini". Good luck.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2015
bobo65:
Pls o
Come n buy my Lumia 920 for 20k
I'm never coming back to windows after this

The cc player that was working well has started shutting down like vlc

Aliexpress app I use in shopping is so whack, refreshes forever, can't even scroll to where I can pay for items

The default keyboard is so not comfortable, so close to themselves

Instagram is still on beta version

No zenith bank application

Facebook app alerts me of ppls bday, for me to wish them happy birthday, they take me to the entire ppl celebrating birthday that month
Also I can't view my memories on facebook

Bbm is scrap...like very scrap...takes years to go back to d main screen from chat screen and when im chatting on BBM, my music player misbehaves, normally stuck on one music

To search for contacts on WhatsApp na time e dey take

Pls if u are using a 920 and don't experience any of these, alert me o

And don't forget, the phone is for sale

Windows phones are not for serious biz ppl, its for ppl after flashy stuffs
no let Oga Runzlord catch you o...lol
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2015
Youngpo413:
Lol. I no get him time.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 8:00am On Nov 04, 2015
Youngpo413:

Make him come o

As far him go buy the phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2015
bobo65:

Make him come o
As far him go buy the phone

Are you sure its lumia 920?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2015
runzlord:

Are you sure its lumia 920?

Yes nA
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2015
bobo65:

Yes nA

and are u sure u want to sell it for 20k? grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 11:13am On Nov 04, 2015
now just to check..i havnt taken time to read previous pages of the thread, so there might have been something said about this..feel free to point me back..i will read..eventually sha..lol..been a while i posted here.

now..my gist..those of una, that have tried ur hands on the windows 10 mobile technical preview...HOW FAR? are u still on it? i ask because i know for a fact that its all roses and sweets when u newly install,,and then gradually..like a fake mobile phone battery..it all starts to go south..personal experience - W10m technical preview 10166 on a lumia 925. The bestest thing i ever saw on a mobile. when the thing started to deal with me ehn!..phone so hot i can boil yam with it, EVERYTHING takes 6 seconds in the least to open if it actually does..and the worst..oh dear God..battery life was 3hrs per day!..thats not an exaggeration cry .
jejely..they didnt tell me..i rolled back to 8.1...the relief was unbelievable..the fone became so good..esp battery life i was actually sad..lol..cos truth be told..all the negatives aside..w10m was fantastic. i particularly miss the ability to lock my network to 3G alone.
will i go back to 10? ABSOLUTELY (yes..i no dey hear word..i know) but the builds get better with each release..now i have a notification upgrade for 10536..i know the latest one is 10582..but i cant jump the upgrade so i must do the 536 first...AND DOWNGRADE BACK TO 8.1 angry
Oh well..when i decide to..y'all will be the first to hear how it goes.
> END OF RANT<

please.. i want to hear experiences from others..how has ur w10m experience been..share...thank you.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 04, 2015
bobo65:

Yes nA
Upload a pic
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
Folajay22:

and are u sure u want to sell it for 20k? grin

Yes na
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
runzlord:

Upload a pic

Here u go

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by tmamuda(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Try to download apps n games from store keep sayn there has been a problem completing ur request try again n this error code may be helpful. What should I do?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
bobo65:

Here u go
Hmmmm. I like it. Where do you stay?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 2:54am On Nov 05, 2015
runzlord:

Hmmmm. I like it. Where do you stay?

Had a fall from a bike today

D screen don crack
Tho its still pressing sha

I'm In abuja
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 2:58am On Nov 05, 2015
This one u dey get updates anyhow, what's d model of your phone?

Folajay22:
now just to check..i havnt taken time to read previous pages of the thread, so there might have been something said about this..feel free to point me back..i will read..eventually sha..lol..been a while i posted here.

now..my gist..those of una, that have tried ur hands on the windows 10 mobile technical preview...HOW FAR? are u still on it? i ask because i know for a fact that its all roses and sweets when u newly install,,and then gradually..like a fake mobile phone battery..it all starts to go south..personal experience - W10m technical preview 10166 on a lumia 925. The bestest thing i ever saw on a mobile. when the thing started to deal with me ehn!..phone so hot i can boil yam with it, EVERYTHING takes 6 seconds in the least to open if it actually does..and the worst..oh dear God..battery life was 3hrs per day!..thats not an exaggeration cry .
jejely..they didnt tell me..i rolled back to 8.1...the relief was unbelievable..the fone became so good..esp battery life i was actually sad..lol..cos truth be told..all the negatives aside..w10m was fantastic. i particularly miss the ability to lock my network to 3G alone.
will i go back to 10? ABSOLUTELY (yes..i no dey hear word..i know) but the builds get better with each release..now i have a notification upgrade for 10536..i know the latest one is 10582..but i cant jump the upgrade so i must do the 536 first...AND DOWNGRADE BACK TO 8.1 &gt;sad
Oh well..when i decide to..y'all will be the first to hear how it goes.
&gt; END OF RANT&lt;

please.. i want to hear experiences from others..how has ur w10m experience been..share...thank you.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2015
bobo65:

D screen don crack Tho its still pressing sha
I'm In abuja
No wonder you're selling a Lumia 920 for 20k
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2015
bobo65:

D screen don crack
Tho its still pressing sha

I'm In abuja

1. I'm in lagos.
2. The money is not ready now.
3. Since the screen don crack na discount be that o. But we won't discuss price futher for now till I have the money.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2015
bobo65:
This one u dey get updates anyhow, what's d model of your phone?

lol..its a Nokia Lumia 925 , by registering on the windows insider program, fast ring..u'll get the updates too.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Oluwadare: 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
tmamuda:
Try to download apps n games from store keep sayn there
has been a problem completing ur request try again n this
error code may be helpful. What should I do?
someone should please answer to this. plus mine complain is that, the downloading would keep going then sudenly it would ask me to tap the downloading app as an antention is required. please anyway out?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by eesdee: 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
November MTN DATA promo...
You can’t get MTN data plans cheaper than this.
1GB-----------N1150
2GB-----------N2300
3GB-----------N3400
4GB-----------N4500
5GB-----------N5600

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.