Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278395 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DrDre1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
fabihill: Just got the developer preview gdr3 running on my l720....wp8 just got better, multitasking, smoother os
, battery performance, ....cant wait for BSS and 8.1 blue
Good for u. Wish I could get it running on my 820. The thought of killing apps with the cancel button alone is making me look forward to it. Just got the Amber some days ago
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fabihill: 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sure u can bro, its just an os update, nothing happens to your amber firmware, I have amber update too, Microsoft just rolled out the gdr3, its still going to be part of the bittersweet shimer in November,... I am loving the fluidity of the os now,.. I can imagine what wp8.1 will bring
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DrDre1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Yeah I know it's an os upgrade thing and nothing will happen to my Amber update but, correct me if I'm wrong, GDR3 isn't available for everyone yet. I use an at&t variant. Is ur phone a developer version?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by JESUSFC(m): 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
simplemyk:

I wild advice u go for android phone.. Lumia nvr get free apps like android phones. Look for infinix racebolt, its Vry gud n beta than lumia

my guy follow ur heart, am an android user, dnt buy that racebolt dnt even try it, lumia 520 is a great fone if u aint a gammer and a tech frick
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by JESUSFC(m): 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
wp8, great os, no lags great hardware since wp doesnt need much, but even with that, my tweaking, cracking and making my fone mine and not the oem's makes me a droid fan but admire wp8 tho...keep up pepu its an os for the future

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fabihill: 6:27am On Oct 17, 2013
Dr. Dre:
Yeah I know it's an os upgrade thing and nothing will happen to my Amber update but, correct me if I'm wrong, GDR3 isn't available for everyone yet. I use an at&t variant. Is ur phone a developer version?
mine is not a developer version funny,,,, and ms came out to call that update gdr3,,, it was supposed to be a dev preview, think they are using it to somewhat bypass carriers that delay updates, u don't need to own a developer phone to get the update, just register with the app studio, its free too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by engrmartins: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
sumone shud please help me with pes2013 or Pes2014 on my htc hd7 t9292. its a wp8
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ayolatun(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2013
Does the update for Win 8 allow a user to upload document files like a Cv to a job application site when required to browse and upload files?

cheers,

Lumia user
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by elrony(m): 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thank goodness I found this thread....a Nokia fanboy...buh currently in love with iOS..

Got a 520 for my gf months back..(tho she wanted tecno,buh I talked her out of it,cos I hate dat name,chineke!! Lol)..

Loved WP8 myself(phone freak)...buh she's been giving м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣ complaints about her not being able to locate files sent over Bluetooth (she ain't dat tech inclined tho)

I just hope dis thread can help м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣ out with useful tips...so I don't regret choosing a Lumia for my peeps !!

PS: I'd like to join d windows forum too!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ddjay: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
poor me,still using windows mobile 6.5 cry cry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hey peeps, anyone knows if I can get a good file explorer/manager for my new Lumia 520? Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
the file manager will most likely come with the update 8.1. if u got issues with where ur files go to hola me here. i will answer
DJ_Ehimond: Hey peeps, anyone knows if I can get a good file explorer/manager for my new Lumia 520? Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
lol
dd_jay: poor me,still using windows mobile 6.5 cry cry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
cool. i actually lost my 920 and was dashed an S4. honestly this phone cannot match the 920 i had and cannot wait to sell it off. but lemme know whatever issues u have. i should be able to handle them
elrony: Thank goodness I found this thread....a Nokia fanboy...buh currently in love with iOS..

Got a 520 for my gf months back..(tho she wanted tecno,buh I talked her out of it,cos I hate dat name,chineke!! Lol)..

Loved WP8 myself(phone freak)...buh she's been giving м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣ complaints about her not being able to locate files sent over Bluetooth (she ain't dat tech inclined tho)

I just hope dis thread can help м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣ out with useful tips...so I don't regret choosing a Lumia for my peeps !!

PS: I'd like to join d windows forum too!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
yes the gdr3 update allows that
ayolatun: Does the update for Win 8 allow a user to upload document files like a Cv to a job application site when required to browse and upload files?

cheers,

Lumia user
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
dont worry it will come soon. just be patient.
Dr. Dre:

Good for u. Wish I could get it running on my 820. The thought of killing apps with the cancel button alone is making me look forward to it. Just got the Amber some days ago
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
now they have and there are 2 phones on the way, just that one is out and the other will be at MWC next year february
Donvitalis: Microsoft should stop drawing Nokia back and hasten up with GDR3 with better specs. I'm delaying buying a Windows Phone because of the lack of 1080 pixels on their phones.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2013
Microsoft is starting to live up to its word...anmd i promise you instagram will have an official app soon....right now VINE is now official in the store. Vine is a branch of twitter that deals 6 second video clips. This is the link

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/vine/f9e6f07e-e47e-47f5-806d-55d4f79f2b60
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by elrony(m): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2013
kinesis: cool. i actually lost my 920 and was dashed an S4. honestly this phone cannot match the 920 i had and cannot wait to sell it off. but lemme know whatever issues u have. i should be able to handle them

Thnx bro....,locating received files esp mp3,mp4 has been a headache...
Any tips??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by irukandji89(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello WP8 peeps.
I am thinking of buying a lumia 620.
I heard UC browser works on it.
Does the 50mb file size restriction also affect UC browser on the lumia?
I once used my curve 3g to download a 2gb tutorial video using UC browser.
I definitely won't be doing that again though, but I would like to know if I can download files larger than 50mb with UC browser on lumia 620 n co.
Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
lemme see if i remember well, mp3 files once downloaded go to the music area...same should go for mp4 files too...but instead these go to the picture folder. thru system it will helpu create a folder with the files in them
elrony:

Thnx bro....,locating received files esp mp3,mp4 has been a headache...
Any tips??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
cant really say cuz av not tried it before but i know thru wifi u can mos def
irukandji89: Hello WP8 peeps.
I definitely won't be doing that again though, but I would like to know if I can download files larger than 50mb with UC browser on lumia 620 n co.
Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UchihaItachi(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
irukandji89: Hello WP8 peeps.
Thanks.

The 50mb restriction only applies to Microsoft store. You can download as much as you want with uc browser, there's no limit
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
irukandji89: Hello WP8 peeps. I am thinking of buying a lumia 620. I heard UC browser works on it. Does the 50mb file size restriction also affect UC browser on the lumia? I once used my curve 3g to download a 2gb tutorial video using UC browser. I definitely won't be doing that again though, but I would like to know if I can download files larger than 50mb with UC browser on lumia 620 n co. Thanks.
YES..I use lumia 620.
But you cant download such files directly from store..I usually use my laptop or ucweb for larger files..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
Has anyone received d gdr3 update?I mean in Nigeria
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hello peeps, what's the most cheapest/affordable browsing plan for nokia Lumia? I use 520.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
DJ_Ehimond: Hello peeps, what's the most cheapest/affordable browsing plan for nokia Lumia? I use 520.
Airtel BIS
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
If you are looking for something cheap..,With #200 on club 10 plan,you can get over 250mb that can last up to a week
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 11:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
deniceguy: If you are looking for something cheap..,With #200 on club 10 plan,you can get over 250mb that can last up to a week

Thanks bro. Can I get the codes for the subscription plus the set-up, I mean the APN and other settings.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by techmedia: 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hello Folks,

Check the attachment. Huawei W1 windows 8 smartphone is similar in spec to Nokia Lumia 620, but in terms of price is cheaper than Nokia Lumia 5 series.
This is the only Windows 8 phone which has customised local apps 4afrika!

Product is visible in leading distributors of smart phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.