Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278404 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nonsoco80(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
tshabalala: wow! i will get one for xmas.
And you will not regret ever buying it. The browsing and camera is mad.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Can i have suggestions for games pls ?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by landinfo: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
yungryce:
adobe reader
advanced english dictionary
bible pronto
fotor
instagram beta
viber
youtube downloader
etc
dem games na to buy buy but some free ones are
six guns
temple run
soulcraft
ae fruit slash
ae 3d moto
millionaire, chess, checkers etc

make other pple drop more
guyz shld list more-freegamez to download....i dey use 510
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by eesdee: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pls has anybody gotten the GDR3 update? How does it work? I have the link to the developers preview update buh don't want to be too forward.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by AbdH: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
joker5180: close to 80k
Hope you've been enjoying it. I just don't think windows has anything on android.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
AbdH:
Hope you've been enjoying it. I just don't think windows has anything on android.
it is cool bros
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Uchiha Itachi:

The 50mb restriction only applies to Microsoft store. You can download as much as you want with uc browser, there's no limit
d 50mb restriction self has been lifted to 100mb
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Just got a Lumia 520 yesterday. I've been trying to find my way around the phone and it looks too empty for me. Maybe its because I'm used to android phones. But I don't wanna regret getting a windows phone. What should I do to spice up the phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2013
Christine01: Just got a Lumia 520 yesterday. I've been trying to find my way around the phone and it looks too empty for me. Maybe its because I'm used to android phones. But I don't wanna regret getting a windows phone. What should I do to spice up the phone

I use the same phone too. It may however look empty to you if you are new to the window OS. Try and get an active internet plan, if you are a gamer, or love social networking, there are so many apps you can download to spice up the phone - Instagram, PicMix, viber ... Check preevious posts for list. Though, for now, it has its own downsides but Overtime, you'll get to love the phone.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
DJ_Ehimond:

I use the same phone too. It may however look empty to you if you are new to the window OS. Try and get an active internet plan, if you are a gamer, or love social networking, there are so many apps you can download to spice up the phone - Instagram, PicMix, viber ... Check preevious posts for list. Though, for now, it has its own downsides but Overtime, you'll get to love the phone.

Thanks for replying. I have downloaded most of the apps listed here. Tried downloading a pdf file today and it took ages. Had to transfer to my android and I got the job done in no time. Also noticed the touch screen ain't too sensitive. I feel I made a wrong choice.

Wannna dispose the phone anyways. Wouldn't advice anybody to go for 520.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ebonnygirl: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pls i have htc window phone and whenever i want to download application it will give windows live id service is unavailable right now. Try again later. And i have working window live account i even did factory reset settings is still the same. Can you pls help?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by yungryce: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Christine01:

Thanks for replying. I have downloaded most of the apps listed here. Tried downloading a pdf file today and it took ages. Had to transfer to my android and I got the job done in no time. Also noticed the touch screen ain't too sensitive. I feel I made a wrong choice.

evry1 with their choices. I also use a 520 but i can assure u that its the best phone with 512 ram. It jst has a few quirks like savin apps to phone mem, havin to pay 4 any good stufff online like games but in d long run, u gett used to it n start enjoyin itt.. If u have an internet connectn n a debit/credit card, its quitee difficult to complain bout d phone considering its price
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by yungryce: 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nairaland=info:

guyz shld list more-freegamez to download....i dey use 510
no b to park plentyy game put 4 phone b matter cuz 80% or more of d goood games are paid apps
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by yungryce: 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please i need help. When i connect my lumia to my system, it detects it as a camera. Its pretty difficult knowing which file is which in the camera folders thereby making it difficult to copy. Plus, is there any way to use my phone as a modem
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UchihaItachi(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
opinchinoo: d 50mb restriction self has been lifted to 100mb

Cool, there were some games I wanted badly then but couldn't get it. unfortunately, I've ported to Android
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 6:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Windows 8 phone is not for everybody especially if you not that techy, else the limitations will drive you crazy.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mickonzo112: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2013
yungryce:
evry1 with their choices. I also use a 520 but i can assure u that its the best phone with 512 ram. It jst has a few quirks like savin apps to phone mem, havin to pay 4 any good stufff online like games but in d long run, u gett used to it n start enjoyin itt.. If u have an internet connectn n a debit/credit card, its quitee difficult to complain bout d phone considering its price

How do u use ur debit card to pay 4 apps. I Av a visa classic card 4rm ecobank
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 8:50am On Dec 06, 2013
Unseen: Windows 8 phone is not for everybody especially if you not that techy, else the limitations will drive you crazy.

Really? So you mean people that prefer Android phones to windows 8 phones ain't techy?

The limitations of the phone ain't something a techy person can cope with.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2013
Christine01:

I believe downloading a PDF file is a function of your internet access and not the limitations of the phone.

As for the low sensitivity of the 520 , have your tried increasing it to high under the display+ touch menu settings . . .

To enjoy the lumia phones, you need to have the various GDR updates. We are expecting the GDR 3 next year even though a few of us have downloaded the GDR 3 via the developer permissions, all thanks to Microsoft.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2013
jmaine:

I believe downloading a PDF file is a function of your internet access and not the limitations of the phone.

As for the low sensitivity of the 520 , have your tried increasing it to high under the display+ touch menu settings . . .

To enjoy the lumia phones, you need to have the various GDR updates. We are expecting the GDR 3 next year even though a few of us have downloaded the GDR 3 via the developer permissions, all thanks to Microsoft.

I increased the sensitivity immediately I accessed the phone menu.

Will definitely get the GDR3 update.

For the pdf download, let me cut the phone some slacks and just assume it was the network.

Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jmaine: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Christine01:

I increased the sensitivity immediately I accessed the phone menu.

Will definitely get the GDR3 update.

For the pdf download, let me cut the phone some slacks and just assume it was the network.

Thanks.

Aight cool
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Christine01:

Really? So you mean people that prefer Android phones to windows 8 phones ain't techy?

The limitations of the phone ain't something a techy person can cope with.

Please I don't mean Android users ain't techy , it's a choice. Am referring to a beginner that choose Windows 8 phone for a start.

About the limitations, that is what I love about the Windows 8 phone OS.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Christine01:

Thanks for replying. I have downloaded most of the apps listed here. Tried downloading a pdf file today and it took ages. Had to transfer to my android and I got the job done in no time. Also noticed the touch screen ain't too sensitive. I feel I made a wrong .

d touch ain't sensitive enough?AR u sure it is a Lumia phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
opinchinoo: d touch ain't sensitive enough?AR u sure it is a Lumia phone?

I am sure. Got the phone from a Nokia accredited distributor.

You okay now?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Christine01:

I am sure. Got the phone from a Nokia accredited distributor.

You okay now?
so let me ask d phone's touch ain't as sensitive as ur former android phone?a touch screen DAT can even work wit gloves and nails?d touch isn't an issue on dis fone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by OlamideGirl(f): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
opinchinoo: so let me ask d phone's touch ain't as sensitive as ur former android phone?a touch screen DAT can even work wit gloves and nails?d touch isn't an issue on dis fone
i agree....d fone zz too sensitive o
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
opinchinoo: so let me ask d phone's touch ain't as sensitive as ur former android phone?a touch screen DAT can even work wit gloves and nails?d touch isn't an issue on dis fone

Hahahaha. Is this the only touch screen phone you have seen dat works with gloves and nails?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
OlamideGirl: i agree....d fone zz too sensitive o

Did u just say too sensitive?

Smh
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Christine01(f): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
I'm used to touching my andriod phone just once and it pops up but not with this one. Maybe I'm just a lil impatient with the phone.

Another flaw... No background light on the menu key so I have to grope in the dark trying to locate it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by yungryce: 7:26am On Dec 08, 2013
Christine01: I'm used to touching my andriod phone just once and it pops up but not with this one. Maybe I'm just a lil impatient with the phone.

Another flaw... No background light on the menu key so I have to grope in the dark trying to locate it.

comparing android n windows phone is jst plain stupidity (forgive the word. Couldnt find another) cuz its jst like wen pple compared java to symbian phones bck then. If u knw u couldnt adapt to a new OS, why change in the first place. About the touch, i dnt think u r using a lumia (IMO).
mickonzo112:

How do u use ur debit card to pay 4 apps. I Av a visa classic card 4rm ecobank

click on wallet & do ur card settings
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2013
Christine01:

You're using Lumia 520 ,a budget phone, don't expect complete features. Next now you will complain that there's no camera flash
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2013
@Christine ... As for the touch, it's quite very sensitive and this is one of the edges it has over other phones. I've used so many other touch devices and I must say this is different, as in, it's on the forefront. For the background light, you don't wanna expect a low-end smartphone like this to have all feature. All these lapses are what are being corrected in the newer editions.

I'll just advice you stick to it for a while, you'll soon come to like it, or better still, go for higher models, or switch back to android. As for me, I combine the two, buh I just love the windows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.