Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278809 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 2:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
opinchinoo:
windows 8.1 OS does not even have up to half d limitations on IOS

Exactly! yet the apple FanBoys never drop their iphones.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
Homguy:
bro, its better you keep quiet about what you don't rather than typing assumptions. I downloaded 1.8Gb on my phone via mobile network. BTW, why are u trying to defend these mediocre phone makers?

You are being too emotional about it. The download cap of 100mb applies only to store downloads of apps. Your UC web browser can avail you download of any file size. And you can also get access to all your downloaded files especially the one downloaded via UC browser. You only need to have the downloaded files exported from the browser to the "C://UCdownload" directory on your device. Then you can use a good file explorer like "Aerize explorer" or "files & folders" to access your downloaded files and even share it via BT or your computer if you want.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mariesio:
I dont care what anybody feels....Lumia or Nokia or whatever is a crap phone

I have downloaded the application and the File applicarion as you said but it gives me error msg when i wanted to open/install the application from the file.

Abeg Good Ridiance to Bad Rubbish... Just regreting this waste of time and money ....

What application did you download gaan sef? Hope you did not download an *exe windows desktop file and expect to get it installed on windows phone? What else would you get if not an error message. Far as I know, apps for windows phone are accessible only thru the store although some quarters claim there are websites that provide apps for windows phones, but it's best and safest to access apps thru the store.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
trishguy:
sup guys pls help,i downloaded some songs and ebooks through opera mini but i cant find the songs in music

Get "Aerize explorer" installed on your device from the store. It helps you to sequester whatever files you open in it from other applications into the 'incoming folder' of its directory so that you can get to access it later.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
talktimi:
Slight issues o, pls help me somebory. Is there any way I can convert PDF docs to word/excel files without having to pay for the service on my phone ? I was in a real jam some days back

I'm not too sure a direct conversion like that is possible on a mobile device or any mobile device for that matter. Such a process will hog resources in my opinion and will therefore be best done using a computer.

However what you can do on windows phone is that you can use your "office lens" app to scan any document (pdf, word, presentation, white or black chalkboard) and then process it to be saved into any of three formats of your choice namely - pdf, word or one note. You equally have the option of having such process documents automatically saved on your OneDrive cloud storage. It is a very great and unique resource available only on the windows phone platform.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
Elxandre:

Opera mini doesn't have a file system for now.

You can only download and use launceable file systems like pdf, docs, epub, ppt etc.

Opera has promised a special WP update real soon.
and has already been built, so just awaiting launch.

You can use "Aerize explorer" for now if it's installed on your device. It helps you to sequester your downloaded files (except videos and audios) into your memory card.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
ceaser:

You can use "Aerize explorer" for now if it's installed on your device. It helps you to sequester your downloaded files (except videos and audios) into your memory card.
I actually use pocket file manager for that purpose.
The downside is that there's no way to save audios from opera mini and some pics don't just open too.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Am I a bush man or wetin ? I just found out that I could type messages with my phone by swiping across the keyboard grin

In other news, Microsoft says goodbye to Internet explorer
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
talktimi:
Am I a bush man or wetin ? I just found out that I could type messages with my phone by swiping across the keyboard grin

lol u just found out?? Word Flow
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
opinchinoo:
lol u just found out?? Word Flow
I HONESTLY never ever knew, just suddenly saw a blue line streaking across the keyboard as I typed this afternoon and I remembered seeing something like that as I read a blackberry z series pamphlet WTF... its cool though
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
talktimi:

You are more than a bush man. grin grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Feraz:
no laff me o but the thing is cool sha tongue
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Ps ; anyone knows where you I can download free eBooks from ? Fiction preferably
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by JMystique(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2015
Someone help,my Lumia 535 doesn't play videos I download,it plays for a few seconds and stops,bt if I dwnld wit another phone and send to it it plays perfectly
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Pls who knows the actual prize of lumia 640xl in naira and when wil it be available in Nigeria.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Aiykay(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Someone pls help,some apps just crashes as soon as they are opened on my Nokia Lumia 630. it has been upgraded to denim, I have done a soft reset but these apps still crashes. apps like candy crush even facebook does the same tin. any suggestions on wat next to do?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
talktimi:
Ps ; anyone knows where you I can download free eBooks from ? Fiction preferably
planetebook.com for old classic novels like the great gatsby etc and manybooks.com for normal books
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
How do I replace a microsoft account from a 520 without resetting the device?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
DJEhimond:
How do I replace a microsoft account from a 520 without resetting the device?
Try going to email under settings and see if you can add account by removing the old one.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 8:43am On Mar 21, 2015
Feraz:
Try going to email under settings and see if you can add account by removing the old one.

Tried that already, not working.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2015
Feraz:
well I'd say he was ignorant; same way a whole lotta folks who come here to rant about WP limitations rather than taking time out to understand the OS.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Aiykay:
Someone pls help,some apps just crashes as soon as they are opened on my Nokia Lumia 630. it has been upgraded to denim, I have done a soft reset but these apps still crashes. apps like candy crush even facebook does the same tin. any suggestions on wat next to do?
try uninstalling and reinstalling them again. it should work.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 10:26am On Mar 21, 2015
talktimi:
it you use WP, download bookviser. there's a whole lot of collection for you ranging from different categories and a search button for you key in your own.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Solphiequeen(f): 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
Please nairalanders,i need help with my lumia 520 subscription,which plan is best for it and hw can i go about it. Am on the mtn network.thanks in advance
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mariesio, I don't blame you at all. Coming from Android to Windows phone is hard. There are lot of restrictions. Even the uc browser solution they suggested has its problem. You can only download more than 100mb files(without Wi-Fi) in the regular mode i.e you must stay in the app, and the phone must be on. You just have to live with it. Wi-Fi isn't even hard nowadays, just give your SIM to someone and let them put on their hotspot for you. After some time, you will get used to it(like i did).
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
Solphiequeen:
Please nairalanders,i need help with my lumia 520 subscription,which plan is best for it and hw can i go about it. Am on the mtn network.thanks in advance
Try MTN smartphone bundle which is 2500 for 4.5GB (1.5GB for daytime and 2.99GB for nighttime).

Dial these number:

*102# - here, your 1.5GB is a bonus which has to finish before your 2.99GB can be used. The 2.99GB works only at night from 9pm - 6am but your 1.5GB works all the time.

OR

*120# - here, the data is divided the same way as above but the lesser one works daytime and you can switch over to the other at night from 9pm. How do you switch over? You switch over by switching off your phone when it is time and the night plan will activate. (I'm currently on this one. Started on Thursday).

You're welcome.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sbashir10(m): 12:08am On Mar 22, 2015
Elxandre:

which of the etisalat plans is working sir? cos I know nothing about etisalat as a network.
eyah, its their blackberry plan
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
Solphiequeen:

My dear, you should opt for data share from resellers, much cheaer. 1gig sells for #1200 or so.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Solphiequeen(f): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
DJEhimond:

My dear, you should opt for data share from resellers, much cheaer. 1gig sells for #1200 or so.
thank you very much i really appreciate ur response.
Feraz:
Try MTN smartphone bundle which is 2500 for 4.5GB (1.5GB for daytime and 2.99GB for nighttime).
Dial these number:
*102# - here, your 1.5GB is a bonus which has to finish before your 2.99GB can be used. The 2.99GB works only at night from 9pm - 6am but your 1.5GB works all the time.
OR
*120# - here, the data is divided the same way as above but the lesser one works daytime and you can switch over to the other at night from 9pm. How do you switch over? You switch over by switching off your phone when it is time and the night plan will activate. (I'm currently on this one. Started on Thursday).
You're welcome.
thanks alot
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
Pls warts d Size of d denim update ..I'm using 630
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
liveLongNprospa:
Pls warts d Size of d denim update ..I'm using 630
Just over 250mb..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Major Update was released for Opera mini today. interface was changed. you can now stream videos and also upload from opera mini.
You may need to uninstall the old version and install in phone memory if you encounter any issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.