Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278923 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 5:44am On Nov 26, 2014
nani667:

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
Thank you.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rodeo0070(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2014
Hi, I'm having problem with my BBM. It gets stuck at "Setting BBM". Please what can I do?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by draj93(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
pls any idea on how to update my nokia lumia 900 to windows 8.1, it's bringing up any updates even if i connect it with a connected pc.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
orimion:
is there any player that plays vob videos and can import .srt subtitles (i can't add subtitle with moli player)
Moliplayer can play .vob videos.
Just rename the .srt files to your video file name.
Then place the subtitle file into the same folder as the video file.
Go to moliplayer settings and set language to just 'English'
Reboot your phone.

Mention me if you have any more issues with it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
One of my female friends told me to help her select a good screen touch phone she can buy. I browsed and showed her so many screen touch branded phones that the price falls between #15000 - #20000. The list includes android phones and window phones excluding Tecno because she said she don't like tecno. She also complained about people saying that android phones used to deduct one's airtime(credit) when one recharges. Finally, she choosed nokia lumia 530(window phone). I told her that yes that android phones deduct your airtime if you don't have active data and if you mistakely on your mobile data with active data they will deduct your credit, but that of window phones I don't know much about it whether it has issues or not but I will ask people that have being using window phones to find out or share their experience with window phones. Please house which one do you prefer to buy? Is window phones or android phones? Can she still enjoys whatsapp, facebook, 2go and any other popular applications if she decided to buy window phones.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
EUGENE4GOO:
One of my female friends told me to help her select a good screen touch phone she can buy. I browsed and showed her so many screen touch branded phones that the price falls between #15000 - #20000. The list includes android phones and window phones excluding Tecno because she said she don't like tecno. She also complained about people saying that android phones used to deduct one's airtime(credit) when one recharges. Finally, she choosed nokia lumia 530(window phone). I told her that yes that android phones deduct your airtime if you don't have active data and if you mistakely on your mobile data with active data they will deduct your credit, but that of window phones I don't know much about it whether it has issues or not but I will ask people that have being using window phones to find out or share their experience with window phones. Please house which one do you prefer to buy? Is window phones or android phones? Can she still enjoys whatsapp, facebook, 2go and any other popular applications if she decided to buy window phones.
buy her an android phone,windows phone can't download 2go.androids are more flexible than windows phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
This is in respect of those who have issues getting their bbm to work. Pls log on twitter and mention @joebelfiore and @bbm Stating ur complaint. Also copy @podmetro and @memowired in ur tweet

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rodeo0070(m): 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
kinesis:
This is in respect of those who have issues getting their bbm to work. Pls log on twitter and mention @joebelfiore and @bbm Stating ur complaint. Also copy @podmetro and @memowired in ur tweet
Thanks Boss!

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:09am On Nov 27, 2014
EUGENE4GOO:
There is no 2go on windows phone.
I would honestly advice one buy a cheap windows phone over a cheap Android, especially as they are very smooth, even after many months of use. A lady is also not likely to be interested in unnecessary tweaking.
Since she said she doesn't want Tecno, windows phone is her only choice.

But If she really wants 2go, just tell her to get a Tecno H6, it's not a bad device honestly.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by EUGENE4GOO(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Elxandre:

There is no 2go on windows phone.
I would honestly advice one buy a cheap windows phone over a cheap Android, especially as they are very smooth, even after many months of use. A lady is also not likely to be interested in unnecessary tweaking.
Since she said she doesn't want Tecno, windows phone is her only choice.

But If she really wants 2go, just tell her to get a Tecno H6, it's not a bad device honestly.
Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
kinesis:

A very quick one Kinesis. ... I have an update available for L520 for some time now. The present one has not being very okay. If I go for the update, will it not worsen the situation?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Brite02(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Please how do I download from my Nokia Lumia 530 store since I was asked of Microsoft account. It's difficult to create one with my phone. Please help
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
Brite02:
Please how do I download from my Nokia Lumia 530 store since I was asked of Microsoft account. It's difficult to create one with my phone. Please help
Unseen:

The most important is to create a Microsoft account using any medium be it PC or mobile browser. Once you have an account, then sign in. The account can be outlook, hotmail or live account
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
Brite02:
Unseen:

[quote author=Unseen post=26976890]

Use PC or mobile browser (Preferably pc ) visit www.outlook.com and sign up
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Brite02(m): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
[quote author=Unseen post=28396215][/quote]

Thanks done it already

Yet its still asking for me to sign in when I click it will display error message and try again, since today I have been doing this but am unable to still download please help
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
For all ye crying foul on BBM setup, a new update today has addressed the issue, according to change log on store. Kindly update.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Brite02:

Thanks done it already

Yet its still asking for me to sign in when I click it will display error message and try again, since today I have been doing this but am unable to still download please help

Oga use a computer and create a windows account completely. then go to your phone and sign in using your windows account username and password. Don't signup on your phone
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Brite02(m): 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Unseen:

Oga use a computer and create a windows account completely. then go to your phone and sign in using your windows account username and password. Don't signup on your phone

thanks..
finally did it, i learned that i restricted background apps. all is good to go, thank you brother
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:33am On Nov 29, 2014
Durchmann:
Anyone interested in a Nokia Lumia 1520? It comes with box and all accessories intact. WhatsApp on 07064426462, if interested.

How much for it? Might be interested.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2014
Asamu07:
Recommend nokia lumia that can match BlackBerry z3 for me please

The Lumia 520.

But why don't you climb a step further to something like the L535, L630 or L730?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:25am On Nov 29, 2014
SmashingM:
Please my Nokia Lumia 820 does not alert me when there's BBM message. Unless I open it I don't get messages and when I do get, its like 24hours late. Please I need your help on this.

Do other notifications behave in similar manner? i.e. Whatsapp, e-mail, nearby live etc. If that is the case, then perhaps your phone setting is in battery saving mode. Otherwise, you may have put BBM settings in "restrict background process". In this case, you head to SETTINGS>BATTERY SAVER>then swipe to processes and check the settings for BBM.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:42am On Nov 29, 2014
samflex:
I use to have my fb chat and my text messages in one thread in the message box, but after the software update to cyan I can't find my fb chat anymore.
Anyone experiencing this too? I'm using Lumia 620

Sorry. That cool, awesome and unique hub integration feature of WP8.0 was discontinued with WP8.1. You now have to install Facebook app and facebook chat app differently.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2014
orimion:
abegi, what are you saying ke? Don't ever compare windows with Android ,ever again! A phone that if you download say a PDF file, you don't know where it is. You can only view it with Adobe(or any other PDF reader). You don't know where downloaded files go. I downloaded a zip file with uc browser, with the hope of sending it to the system. Till today, I don't know where it is. I can only check what's inside the zip from the download history of UC. You have to developer unlock the phone before you can install apps not from the store and so on. Windows is better than Android Not even close!

Sorry, but you've missed it. "Aerize explorer" is a windows phone file manager that automatically sequesters whatever file you open with ut in an "incoming folder". So when you click your pdf file in the UC browser, you're given the option of opening with either adobe or aerize explorer. Choosing the former simply opens the file and gets it into the adobe file system but not in your phone file system. But choosing the latter gets your file into the phone system such that you can access, even in a PC and share it with others at a lager date.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2014
guyANDROID1:

My brother don't mind these peeps here, they taught im novice when it comes to using smartphone.... I have used virtually all OS even the almighty iOS and i can tell you the difference.

They are making people looks like window phone is the classic fone in town now.

For you info, I sell mobile gadget and I can tell you hundreds of areas where window 8 phone is lacking behind.... Now look at the much hype delim update... Noting is changing like what people are anticipating.

Do you the latest trend in town now about window 8 phone.... It is the speakers and headphone issue. You will plug in your headphone and when you remove it. The outside speakers stops working... I search google yesterday and come and see thousands of people having this problem from different device. Well Microsoft claim it is software issue that next update will fix it.

It was yesterday that I discovered the soft solution to it... I almost look like a lier yesterday when I wanted to sell Lumia 1020 to someone and the speaker stop working but thank God I was able to explain to the guy on how to manually do because it is just a software issue and not hardware.

If I'm lying just search google"Nokia Lumia speakers not working after using Headphones" and see comments.

If it comes to Os rating.

iOs no one

Android second

Blackberry 10.1 third

Windows follows.

You can still quote and attack me with your lectures.

And please can you google "iPhone 6 bending and breaking, iOS fingerprint scanner issues, iPhone map issues" and "android kitkat lagging issues"?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:12am On Nov 29, 2014
guyANDROID1:

Thank God is not that guy that posted this, i would have bash him.

Now you have seen for yourself another area window phone is lacking behind. Is app creation meant for a particular mobile device or current OS running on a particular device?

Some app will tell you, this is not meant for lumia 610 though the app says phone runing 8.1 and if lumia 610 is running 8.1 and also lumia 520 running 8.1, why cant app running on lumia 1020 using 8.1 run on both 619 and 520? Another flaws

If samsung galaxy 5 and techno phantom runs same OS kitkat... They can run same app despite the cost and spec.

Hope you get me right coz i have saw many app review on window app store complaining of this jargons.

I was even the first person that posted the New BBM update here weeks ago. I dont complain of lagging after i upgrade my BBM using OS 8.1 but i saw so many ppl complaining here even on window store. So dont tell me crap or lecture me when it comes to window 8 OS

Aaaaghrrr! Will you stop trolling already, android-meda iSheep wannabe.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2014
Ay92:

thanks so much,
but as far as my knowledge serves me,3g makes phone hot and kills battery so i rarely ever use it(even when i'm downloading). i've already disabled all background apps(except whatsapp,of course). The silly phone doesn't have much games,and i dont even play the ones on it because im not a games freak.

but i've realised that the sh.it happens when im browsing(it's currently warm as im typing this). I just hope that a software update will solve the problem.

Thanks once again

I bet you use the IE (internet explorer) browser in the phone. The version of IE that comes with WP8 is known to have battery draining issues. You can cross check that by heading to battery saver in your settings page to compare the power usage of your running apps. The IE that comes with WP8.1 however, has this problem addressed such that it can be fun browsing with it now.

The alternative could be the use of Opera mini browser or Nokia xpress browser - if you don't mind missing out flash effects and animations in your browsing experience.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2014
orimion:
is there any player that plays vob videos and can import .srt subtitles (i can't add subtitle with moli player)

Moliplayer plays *vob (DVD file) extensions quite fine. I was exhilarated the day I discovered that cos then I don't have to bother about converting my dvd videos before putting them on my phone to watch on the go.

As for subtitles, if the *vob file has the subtitle EMBEDDED in the video file (as does some *mkv files), then your Moliplayer will show subtitles for the movie. However if the sub file is a seperate file, you will have to use a file manager on your device to rename the subtitle file to the same as the video file, still maintaining the original subtitle file extension, e.g. *sub, *srt, *txt as it is. Renaming the sub file as that of the movie enables the player to marry the two together and then you can watch your movie with subtitles.

You may have to download subtitles from online if it did not come with your copy of the movie. www.opensubtitles.org and www.subscene.com are a few of the sites I get subtitle files from.

About syncing subtitles to movies, Moliplayer unfortunately lacks that. It surprisingly happens to be an exclusive reserve of the nubile "CCplayer" app for windows phone. Maybe Moliplayer will add that in future updates though or the oncoming VLC player for WP8.1 will come studded with that feature is best found out by waiting.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2014
olusode97:
didnt you read the post i said my current software is the cyan update...its bring out another 1 wondering it any got it too..

I believe you are on "preview for developers". In that case, there are still about one or two critical updates rolled out post-Cyan. It is thought in some quarters as a means to prep your Cyan device for the upcoming Demin update. So yes please update. The files shouldn't be more than around 150mb cumulative.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:32am On Nov 29, 2014
rodeo0070:
Hi, I'm having problem with my BBM. It gets stuck at "Setting BBM". Please what can I do?

A latest update rolled out this morning sped up the page opening of BBM on my device. So the "setting up BBM" should equally be addressed. Check the screenshot below

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:39am On Nov 29, 2014
EUGENE4GOO:

There's no 2go for windows yet, but other social networks you mentioned are supported o Windows phone plus the MSFT "Nearby Live" social network application.

And money deduction following expiry of data is not a handset issue but network issue. eMpTy heN is very notorious for that. Glo spares your credit when your data expires, but eMpTy heN does not. So if she has her eMpTy heN SIM on a windows phone, her credit is equally endangered.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2014
kinesis:

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by olusode97(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2014
ceaser:

I believe you are on "preview for developers". In that case, there are still about one or two critical updates rolled out post-Cyan. It is thought in some quarters as a means to prep your Cyan device for the upcoming Demin update. So yes please update. The files shouldn't be more than around 150mb cumulative.
thanks jare that was the type of answer I needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.