Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson (7960 Views)

Lagos State's Wage Bill Is 6.5 Billion. Delta State's Wage Bill Is 7.4 Billion. / Civil Servants Fault Okonjo-iweala On N1.8tn Wage Bill / Biometrics Exercise In The Police, Brought The Wage Bill From N1.5 Billion Per Month To N500 M. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by BlackBaron: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
Running a state like a fiefdom, 163 + Special Advisers.

I'll be surprised if there's no position for Head Driver, Asst. Head driver, Head Cook, Head Sweeper... Sigh.
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by Coded7: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
dis Bayelsan can b so funny....... i dont fink dey ave d faintest idea of wot runnin a state is....... expending public fund on irrelevant projects dat donot advance d interest of d common man in d society...
i see d governor Mr. Dickson as a "Clown running a circus."
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by anonimi: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Does the monthly wage bill include that for Perm. Sec-in-absentia, PEJ

If so, how much so we can start the reality check therefrom?
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by Rhino5dm: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
anonimi: Does the monthly wage bill include that for Perm. Sec-in-absentia, PEJ

If so, how much so we can start the reality check therefrom?

Your coloured fonts failed you? If it were to be Fashola or other South western governor doing this, we would have been bored with thiefnibu this and Fashola that, right? You would've wrote two pages filled with nonsense on how ACN is worst than Osama bin Laden. Now that your shepopotamus's stooge is being exposed as the corrupt thief he is, you came out with a useless line of thoughts.

Your signature can only deceive low IQ goats as yourself. PDP paid mongrel!
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by austinkenneth: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Some people are just desperate to attache and leech on others by force

And some others are pirates and are desperate and ready to kill and plunder because the largesse (oil) they've fed fat on over the years is no longer coming as it used to be and some people who are pirate crew, jackals, and piranhas are supporting following them like cows going to the abattoir.
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by anonimi: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Your coloured fonts failed you? If it were to be Fashola or other South western governor doing this, we would have been bored with thiefnibu this and Fashola that, right? You would've wrote two pages filled with nonsense on how ACN is worst than Osama bin Laden. Now that your shepopotamus's stooge is being exposed as the corrupt thief he is, you came out with a useless line of thoughts.

Your signature can only deceive low IQ goats as yourself. PDP paid mongrel!

Show me any post where you criticised anything ACN to start with.
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by Rhino5dm: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
anonimi:

Show me any post where you criticised anything ACN to start with.

Yes, I support ACN and APC. I hate PDP with the last blood running in my veins.

You think coming here to deceive goats as yourself under any pretence will help you? Sorry, only those with IQ of a shepopotamus won't see through your ugly face. Come out of your closet, cos only cowards and hippocrates behaves like you. spits!
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by Gbawe: 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Dickson being facetious. As if waste, profligacy and laughable lack of seriousness are not the hallmark of his leadership. Is this not the same character who made a beauty queen a special advisor in his government? I feel for Bayelsans. From Alamco to GEJ then Sylva and now this clown. Sad

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/bayelsa-governor-seriake-dickson-lavishes-public-funds-private-beauty-pageant

Bayelsa Governor Seriake Dickson Lavishes Public Funds On Private Beauty Pageant
Posted: July 22, 2013 - 03:34

By SaharaReporters, New York
Despite dwindling oil revenues that have drastically impacted Bayelsa State as well as N4 billion pension liabilities, Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa has just lavished public funds on a beauty pageant that was supposed to be the private affair of the Murray-Bruce family in Yenegoa.

This is despite the governor saying recently said that the sponsorship of entertainment awards by the state government was not in the interest of the state’s oil-dependent and consumption economy. SaharaReporters has also gathered that the state currently has a pension liability of about N4 billion, which compelled pensioners to stage a public protest a fortnight ago.

The justification for the policy summersault to permit expending state resources to fund a beauty pageant in a state where basic social amenities are non-existent is unclear, especially coming from Dickson, who claims to run a prudent and transparent administration.

It would be recalled that earlier this year, the Bayelsa Government had to embark on a fundraising dinner to raise part of the sponsorship funds for the African Movie Academy Awards hosted by the state.

Observers of developments in Bayelsa said that beauty pageant sponsorship may be a form of patronage for Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce, the Chairman of the organizing Silverbird Group who contested the gubernatorial election with Dickson two years ago.

“The show was packaged to assuage the carnal lust of the political class and this is very sad development from a government that pledged to deviate from the culture of waste of public resources by previous governments,” an analyst said. “How can a state where there is endemic poverty and no public water supply and be wasting billions of Naira in sponsoring a beauty pageant where the elites will simply spend one night watching nudity and unclothedness of young girls.

Asked Ephraim Johnson, a resident of Yenagoa, the state capital, “Is this the way he will develop the state? It is rather shocking that while the masses are struggling with refuse heaps and crying for basic infrastructure, the politicians are spending the commonwealth of the state on trivial things as beauty pageants.”

The beauty contest itself was marred by irregularities as the organizers, perhaps rewarding the government sponsorship, manipulated the results in favour of the Bayelsa contestant. Her performance in the interview segment before the live audience was abysmal and clearly inferior to that of the runner-up.

The development drew jeers from the crowd while fans of Miss Omo, who was declared runner up, left the hall in droves.
Re: Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson by deeptechcool(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
I guess the civil servants are being paid 'amnesty' instead of salary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live / Red Alert: Biafra Millions March On The 06-11-2015. Biafrans Are You Ready? / See How Amaechi Humiliated Me Before My Wife – Magnus Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.