Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? (1838 Views)

Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by JSparrow(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
Discussig with a female friend this evening and was suprised to find out that she considered the IVF procedure to be in conflict with the bibliccal concept of " waiting on the Lord". Personally I see IVF as every other fertility treatment. I believe when medical options have been exhausted or when there was no medical condition in the first place then the concept of "waitin on the Lord" can set in. By the way a succesful IVF procedure is a miracle in itself. That's my opinion anyway would like to hear your contributions please
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
It is looks controversial truly, considering the fact that a woman going for the IVF means she is fertile but not so with her hubby.
That implies that she would be recieving the seed of another man to make her pregnant.
To me, it is permissible in as much the donor of the seed is anonymous and her husband is aware and agrees with this step.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by mazaje(m): 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135: It is looks controversial truly, considering the fact that a woman going for the IVF means she is fertile but not so with her hubby.
That implies that she would be recieving the seed of another man to make her pregnant.
To me, it is permissible in as much the donor of the seed is anonymous and her husband is aware and agrees with this step.

The part in bold is very false. . .

1 Like

Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by okeyxyz(m): 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135: It is looks controversial truly, considering the fact that a woman going for the IVF means she is fertile but not so with her hubby.

Half-baked knowledge is dangerous. So you go about believing that every woman who undergoes IVF has an infertile husband?? The use of IVF as a response to male infertility is only in the very minority of cases. Please educate yourself more. Google is your friend and the internet is free.

1 Like

Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
mazaje:

The part in bold is very false. . .
All ears...
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
okeyxyz:

Half-baked knowledge is dangerous. So you go about believing that every woman who undergoes IVF has an infertile husband?? The use of IVF as a response to male infertility is only in the very minority of cases. You have no excuse for this kind of dangerous ignorance. Google is your friend and the internet is free.
mstcheeew! I said what i thought it was. If you needed to quote me, you would correct me and nothing the sermon you gave above!
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by okeyxyz(m): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
@OP, nothing wrong with IVF, it's just like any other medical solution. We wait on the lord only when there is no other way.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by okeyxyz(m): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
mstcheeew! I said what i thought it was. If you needed to quote me, you would correct me and nothing the sermon you gave above!

I needed to emphasize your errors because that mindset is dangerous. You go about having wrong assumptions that is bound to cause offense and trouble in our kind of society.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by mazaje(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
All ears...

IVF is the process by which egg is fertilized by sperm outside the body. . .The process involves observing a woman's ovulatory process, removing ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium in a laboratory. The sperm for married couples mostly comes from the husband. . .25 percent of women can not conceive naturally due to one medical condition or the other, so IVF is the miracle or cure they need. . .
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Sanboy25: 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
No. smiley

1 Like

Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
okeyxyz:

I needed to emphasize your errors because that mindset is dangerous. You go about having wrong assumptions that is bound to cause offense and trouble in our kind of society.
thanks for the sermon. Pls, dont quote me again. Thanks.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
mazaje:

IVF is the process by which egg is fertilized by sperm outside the body. . .The process involves observing a woman's ovulatory process, removing ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium in a laboratory. The sperm for married couples mostly comes from the husband. . .25 percent of women can not conceive naturally due to one medical condition or the other, so IVF is the miracle or cure they need. . .
thanks... I see your point.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25: No. smiley
always giving brief answers. Are you economising words?
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Sanboy25: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
always giving brief answers. Are you economising words?
grin No. tongue
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by mazaje(m): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
J.Sparrow:
Discussig with a female friend this evening and was suprised to find out that she considered the IVF procedure to be in conflict with the bibliccal concept of " waiting on the Lord". Personally I see IVF as every other fertility treatment. I believe when medical options have been exhausted or when there was no medical condition in the first place then the concept of "waitin on the Lord" can set in. By the way a succesful IVF procedure is a miracle in itself. That's my opinion anyway would like to hear your contributions please

Here is what the bible recommends for sick people. . .

Jam 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

Jam 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

Why do christians go to hospitals and take drugs from pharmacies since the bible has clearly told them what to do when they fall sick?. . ..

1 Like

Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by tpia5: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2013

not necessarily, there are other factors involved.

if the couple are christians, they can consider adoption, or they can simply continue as they are as long as there are no other issues.

however, its their decision but for reasons of conscience, they should stick with what is biblical.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
grin No. tongue
lol, sanboy used to be jovial, i hope she is not moody.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Sanboy25: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, sanboy used to be jovial, i hope she is not moody.
cheesy I'm still aren't I? grin I'm just bored and looking for a good subject that I show interest in in order for me to start a big debate with someone... smiley
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
tpia@:

not necessarily, there are other factors involved.

if the couple are christians, they can consider adoption, or they can simply continue as they are as long as there are no other issues.

however, its their decision but for reasons of conscience, they should stick with what is biblical.
thanks for the correction.
Conscience you said? How could it come to play if they agreed on it?
And to the issues of checking if its biblical, the bible is silent over some issues. And at such, i think they can go for this if they really want to. My point is that its not wrong to do it, its not a sin.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
mazaje:

Here is what the bible recommends for sick people. . .

Jam 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

Jam 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

Why do christians go to hospitals and take drugs from pharmacies since the bible has clearly told them what to do when they fall sick?. . ..
lol, this guy is funny. Hope you know that God is not against you taking drugs?
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by tpia5: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
thanks for the correction.
Conscience you said? How could it come to play if they agreed on it?
And to the issues of checking if its biblical, the bible is silent over some issues. And at such, i think they can go for this if they really want to. My point is that its not wrong to do it, its not a sin.

the question is not is it wrong to do it, but is it able to be done.

ok, the answer to that is yes.

therefore, the question arising is, is it expedient.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
cheesy I'm still aren't I? grin I'm just bored and looking for a good subject that I show interest in in order for me to start a big debate with someone... smiley
lol, what subjects interest you on a good day?
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Sanboy25: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, what subjects interest you on a good day?
I don't know... a controversial one... embarassed do you any interesting subjects in mind ?
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
tpia@:

the question is not is it wrong to do it, but is it able to be done.

ok, the answer to that is yes.

therefore, the question arising is, is it expedient.
it could be... Its all their choice! Some one like me just dont fancy it but taste differs you know?
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:
I don't know... a controversial one... embarassed do you any interesting subjects in mind ?
i could try some but i dread the hammer of the mods for we derailing.
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by JSparrow(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
@idnoble now you know its the husbands sperm that is used in most ccases, guess your view should change
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Sanboy25: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
i could try some but i dread the hammer of the mods for we derailing.
Open a new topic then, I'll come on it. cheesy
@OP Sorry for derailing your thread... embarassed
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by mazaje(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, this guy is funny. Hope you know that God is not against you taking drugs?

IVF is also like a drug, so nothing wrong with it for christians that are unable to conceive naturally. . .
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25:

@OP Sorry for derailing your thread... embarassed
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
mazaje:

IVF is also like a drug, so nothing wrong with it for christians that are unable to conceive naturally. . .
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2013
J.Sparrow:

I don't accept IVF too!
Re: Should IVF Procedure Be Frowned At As Christians? by mazaje(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

I don't accept IVF too!

Because?. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are All Going To Hell / Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! / Without obedience to Yahushua/Ten Commandments; no hope of eternal life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.