Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship (4100 Views)

2015 GANI FAWEHINMI Scholarship Thread. / Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award 2014- How To Apply / SCHOLARSHIP ALERT: 2014 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Application (worth N100,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 12:02am On Jul 22, 2013
The Annual Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship for indigent students in Nigerian tertiary institutions is now open for applications.
The award is for 20 indigent students, each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) for their education.

Eligibility Criteria
-Applicant must be poor and indigent.
-Applicant must be registered students of Tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education
-Applicants must have good academic performances.

How to Apply
Each applicant shall submit an application letter, not more than two pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course of study, year of study, state of origin, and why the candidate believes that he/she should be given the scholarship award.
The application letter must be accompanied by:
-A photocopy of the candidate’s current Identity
card.
-A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information of the
candidate’s CGPA for the last academic semester.
-A letter from the Registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of such institution.
-A copy of the candidates registration form for the
current semester.

More information on the Gani Fawehinmi
Scholarships application for 2013:
For full details on requirements and application process, See the DAILY TRUST of 15 July, 2013 – Page 23. Or www.scholarship-nigeria.com

Scholarship Application Closing Date:
Application closes on 25th August, 2013.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by samley19(m): 1:48am On Jul 22, 2013
Sir olsey, my qwestn ws ... after writin d eassy, whr du we submit it...a site, email ot post..or. ?
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2013
samley19: Sir olsey, my qwestn ws ... after writin d eassy, whr du we submit it...a site, email ot post..or. ?
Submit your application by hand or speed post to:
Gani Fawehinmi scholarship board
Nigerian law publications house, Otunba Jobi Fele way, C.B.D Alausa Ikeja,
P.O.Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by samley19(m): 2:24am On Jul 23, 2013
Thanks so much
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Wierdo(f): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2013
@sir olsey,Pls according to ur opinion, from what cgpa is d chances of being chosen high?
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by kavey10(m): 9:55am On Jul 23, 2013
Mehn, this scholarship came at a very bad time. HOW IN THE WORLD AM I TO GET MY HOD AND REGISTRAR'S RECOMMENDATION. We are on ASUU strike nah? Odikwa very risky.

Thanks for the info Mr. Olsey.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by banjidipo: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2013
Abeg sir olsey r there any other scholarshi opportunities,this one duznt luk promising.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2013
kavey10: Mehn, this scholarship came at a very bad time. HOW IN THE WORLD AM I TO GET MY HOD AND REGISTRAR'S RECOMMENDATION. We are on ASUU strike nah? Odikwa very risky.

Thanks for the info Mr. Olsey.
You are welcome. Try as much as possible to get it and let's hope they call off the strike before 25th August.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2013
banjidipo: Abeg sir olsey r there any other scholarshi opportunities,this one duznt luk promising.
Doesn't look promising?
Anyway, you can stay abreast these opportunities on www.scholarship-nigeria.com
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Wierdo: @sir olsey,Pls according to ur opinion, from what cgpa is d chances of being chosen high?
In my opinion, a 3.5 (on 5.0 scale) should be considered (if you have an excellent or very good O'level to complement with) or a 4.0 and above.
It will be great (though not compulsory) if you have won any academic competition or award ( NOT SCHOLARSHIPS )
Just prove to them (with humility) at the interview that you are good. I will try to get the actual date for the interview. Everyone who applied must showup for interview, there is no initial shortlisting.

Three Things That May Obliterate Your Chances:
1. If you don't have good academic records (results).
2. If you tell them you have won a scholarship before.
2. If your parents' occupation(s) are lucrative or your family resides in the "rich-only" areas.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by uceee(m): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hmmm....brilliant and Indigent.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by samley19(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
sir olsey, am confusd here, du u mean we wd stil hv an interview... wts it lik whr wen .. typ of qwestns pls?
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by uceee(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
What exactly is the meaning of "indigent" here? The way I see it, it literally means, "I may drop out of school if I don't get a scholarship". I stand to be corrected.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2013
samley19: sir olsey, am confusd here, du u mean we wd stil hv an interview... wts it lik whr wen .. typ of qwestns pls?
Yes, there will be an interview for all applicants and the date is already fixed (still trying to get the date from them, I've been very busy though).
They ask you basic questions, about your biological background, source of funding, your academic background and why you think you should be awarded the scholarship.
There is no delay with Gani Fawehinmi scholarship, they pay you in less than 2 weeks or so after the interview.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2013
uceee: What exactly is the meaning of "indigent" here? The way I see it, it literally means, "I may drop out of school if I don't get a scholarship". I stand to be corrected.
By "Indigent," it means "poor and needy". In this context, it means the applicant genuinely needs some form of support. Or the applicant struggles to stay afloat financially. It may not necessarily mean "about to drop out"
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by ShehuAba(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
I would have applied for the scholarship but we are currently on Long vacation and am already in Lag, so it's quite difficult for me to get my H.O.D'S and Registrar's recommendation.
But why should they behave like this?
This has just disqualified me.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by uceee(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Olsey:
By "Indigent," it means "poor and needy". In this context, it means the applicant genuinely needs some form of support. Or the applicant struggles to stay afloat financially. It may not necessarily mean "about to drop out"
Thanks for the clarification. As much as we all love scholarships, I think we should leave this one for the really indigent students. Am not trying to sound "holier than thou" but since only 20 students are going to be awarded, let's leave it for those who really need it. There is no need applying if your parents comfortably afford your education.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by samley19(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
sir, wd d interview alon b d determinant of dose to b pikd:. dnt dey considr our gp's nd wd it b an oral interview.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Sungba(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hope they are nt going to use indigene stuff,and wat abt our passport?still waiting 4 my result o so dt i can start getting d document.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 12:41am On Jul 28, 2013
Sungba: Hope they are nt going to use indigene stuff,and wat abt our passport?still waiting 4 my result o so dt i can start getting d document.
"Indegenship" is not a factor.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 12:42am On Jul 28, 2013
samley19: sir, wd d interview alon b d determinant of dose to b pikd:. dnt dey considr our gp's nd wd it b an oral interview.
Sorry, I don't understand.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by samley19(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
sir olsey,i meant: would the interview be oral or writtn. what are thier likely questions. would the interview be the only determinant for those to be picked;don't they consider our g.p's
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
samley19: sir olsey,i meant: would the interview be oral or writtn. what are thier likely questions. would the interview be the only determinant for those to be picked;don't they consider our g.p's
The interview will be ORAL. Please scroll up, I wrote some of the things to be expected at the interview. CGPA will count since "brilliant and indigent" are the two key factors, however CGPA will not be a final decider. Applicants should have a combination of the key qualities.
In as much as you try to prove your intellectual worth to the panel (coupled with claims of financial constraints), humility still counts.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 31, 2013
Pls mr. If u win d scholarship must u go down to lagos for d award?
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 11:52am On Jul 31, 2013
Abdulumaratiku: Pls mr. If u win d scholarship must u go down to lagos for d award?
Yes, the presentation holds in Lagos.
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Pls d candidates da win, wil it b announced b4 d award day or on d award day
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Olsey: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abdulumaratiku: Pls d candidates da win, wil it b announced b4 d award day or on d award day
In the past editions, the names of awardees were announced on the award day.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Burlah4u2c(m): 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Olsey:
Yes, there will be an interview for all applicants and the date is already fixed (still trying to get the date from them, I've been very busy though).
They ask you basic questions, about your biological background, source of funding, your academic background and why you think you should be awarded the scholarship.
There is no delay with Gani Fawehinmi scholarship, they pay you in less than 2 weeks or so after the interview.
I was at the Nigerian Law Publication House today(23rd August) to submit my scholarship application details. The date for the interview is September 10, 2013. I met with one of the personnel(whom I submitted my papers to) and he gave me the interview date.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by kaka22(m): 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Does post office open on saturday? ... So that I can post the application letter
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by Burlah4u2c(m): 2:56am On Aug 24, 2013
kaka22: Does post office open on saturday? ... So that I can post the application letter
Just give it a shot. I submitted mine around 6pm. I suppose they should still be there tomorrow since it's closing on Sunday(25th)
Re: 2013 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship by kaka22(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2013
@buriah... Do u mean that u submitted to post office close to ur area or gani fawehinmi board in lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Full List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria!!! / See This YABATECH Exam Question That Has Got People Talking (picture) / How God Saved Me From Fraud (YAHOO YAHOO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.