Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal (20917 Views)

Alex Song And Cameroon Under Investigation For Match Fixing In Brazil / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Emmanuel Emenike Arrested For Match Fixing; Released Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by vascey(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
The referees and match officials should be banned for 3 consecutive life times without parole.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by julioralph(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
What about the loud n noisy Alhaji Gara Gombe... Shebi he's the owner of one of clubs involved.
Dem no ban am too?
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by motomborika(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin another reason to be unemployed{Football is what most of this players know and have given dia lifes for it} for 10years grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Kuulnomsy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wait a minute, was it a Basket ball? shocked
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by xykms101: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
After the ban, they should also be sentenced to 5years imprisonment with hard labour. Bunch of idiots

I don't know when Nigerians would stop using Do or Die idea to achieve their aim.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Capnd143(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
This guys succeded in taking the Nigerian premier league to the international media; bbc,cnn,etc. Now even goal.com is showing their fixtures . . . .
LIFE BAN FOR REAL
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by moscobabs(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
This the best Judgement I ever see in Nigeria.thank God say no bi Court of Appeal Judge it
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by xykms101: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Kuulnomsy: Wait a minute, was it a Basket ball? shocked
Even in a basket ball game, you can't dunk 71 points in 45mins.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by championeh(m): 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
Were these matches played indoor? Not only these guys involved but their unborn children should be ban as well[color=#990000][/color]

They are not even talented..........
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by jude33084(m): 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Why ban the players for life and give the club 10years?! Dont they realize that the players only executed the crime, but the real culprit are those behind the fraud (e.g Referee, club managers, coaches and co.)

you have a point here wink

but i think that they did not play any match but fix the result to suit them. The owner of one of the club; Alhaji Gara Gombe said he got the info b4 the game and warned his players not to play or collect money that if they do he will disband the team but they still went ahead to execute what was in their mind while he was in Lagos. smiley

Now maybe, just maybe the future best African player is among them angry
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by omiobo: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Na wa o! Country wey we dey try to build na im some people con scatter again. Chei! This country don suffer o!
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by owie05(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
rule 21. 9ja NFA ni abi nff ko!
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by jude33084(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
moscobabs: This the best Judgement I ever see in Nigeria.thank God say no bi Court of Appeal Judge it

We for hear discharge for lack of evidence grin
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by cheleku(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Life ban for the players? Ridiculous! These are just kids (mostly below 18) that were following instructions from their coaches. It's the coaches and the match officials that deserve life bans and not those children. I am however not saying that they shouldnt be punished, but a life ban is just too harsh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is the players that are suffering it the most now. The end of their football career
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by ogayor: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
how i wish we could have the video coverage of those matches.
maybe we will see how to score goals like basketball matches in this beautiful game of football.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by IZOSKY: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
How many minutes was the match played to score 76 goals.
Naija we too much jare.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by MAYOWAAK: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
The intention is most welcome development and applauded. But let me say this, frankly specially i see no sense whatsoever to ban for life these footballers. This is no justice at all. It's unthinkable to do this to innocent soccer players who are owned and dictated to by the club managements. Yet you ban them for life and punish these clubs and their officials in what i will call peanut justice. This is totally a miscarriage of justice, and it ends up to be even more damaging and disappointing than the criminal act itself, if you really consider the defense i am making for this poor players. This is similar to what happens in the Armed Forces where officers are given less penalty because they were simply obeying orders from the above. I think the President of NFF Alhaji Maigari should try as much as possible and ask these people to have a rethink. Else this is an embarrassing discharge of justice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by BrokenTV: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
They should also ban the pitch, the whistle, the ball used in the game and the fans to life. My humble suggestion.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by 9jahubcom(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
Richfella: I just remembered the Nigeria Vs India match of 1796 grin
memories

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by bknight: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
We should be able to watch this so-called match nau. Let's see how 76 goals were scored in 45mins (an average of 2goals/minute).

Award winning historic matches! undecided
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Emfash(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Good development NFF! To think the perpetrators of this shameful act could think they could get away with such dumb act in the 21st century beats me!!
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
serves em ryt.they thought they would make history..Highest goal scoring match..
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
vascey: The referees and match officials should be banned for 3 consecutive life times without parole.
LOL..witout parole??
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
MAYOWAAK: The intention is most welcome development and applauded. But let me say this, frankly specially i see no sense whatsoever to ban for life these footballers. This is no justice at all. It's unthinkable to do this to innocent soccer players who are owned and dictated to by the club managements. Yet you ban them for life and punish these clubs and their officials in what i will call peanut justice. This is totally a miscarriage of justice, and it ends up to be even more damaging and disappointing than the criminal act itself, if you really consider the defense i am making for this poor players. This is similar to what happens in the Armed Forces where officers are given less penalty because they were simply obeying orders from the above. I think the President of NFF Alhaji Maigari should try as much as possible and ask these people to have a rethink. Else this is an embarrassing discharge of justice.

[b]So let me explain my stand...

The players deserve to be punished.. Banned for like 5 years. lets all remember that these are atheletes and 5 years is a very long time in a footballers life. The players definitely had a part in this fiasco. They cant feign not being aware of the fraud. Reports had it that they were at some point scoring so many own goals. I even learnt that when a goal was scored, the ball boys just threw in another ball and left the other in the post. So the players definitely deserve to be punished..

The clubs on the other hand should get the 10year to life ban. They can be barred from ever contesting for qualification for the next 50yrs. That is a well deserved punishment.

The management of the clubs, coaches and also the officiating referees are the real culprits here and should be totally banned from football for life..

I really think its silly to throw the blame squarely on the players... This is like taking away their only source of livelihood. Without football, some of these players have nothing else to fall back on. Im not in support of this ruling.. [/b]
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Bgino(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
same punishment should be given to those that declared 16 votes winner over 19 votes..else they players and club officials should appeal the judgement in the FIFA court of arbitration

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by nerodenero: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Okija_juju: Why ban the players for life and give the club 10years?! Dont they realize that the players only executed the crime, but the real culprit are those behind the fraud (e.g Referee, club managers, coaches and co.)
My thought too.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Burger01(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
These guyz didn't know the meaning of match fixing. Dem for manage like 8-0... but 79-0, 67-0.. I bow angry

sad
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by collynzo2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
banning the players for 10 years is equivalent to banning them for life.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Dee60: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
Some politicians should also have been banned for life for their mass rigging and mass stealing!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles / Mason Greenwood Suspended By England Team Amid Rape Probe / Tokyo 2020 Olympics: D’Tigers Ranked 4th In Latest FIBA Power Rankings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.