Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash (1106 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Mother's State Burial (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan's Mother's Funeral (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by scribble: 3:03am On Jul 23, 2013
THERE was anxiety in Port Harcourt on Monday as news of the death of Mrs. Iwari-Oba, the mother of the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, spread in the Rivers State capital.

The mother of Mrs. Jonathan was said to have been involved in a ghastly motor accident along Elele Road in Rivers State.

It was gathered that the woman, who is from Okrika Local Government Area, was on her way to Bayelsa State when the accident happened.

Unconfirmed report indicated that her corpse was taken to Kpaiyama Mortuary by a team of policemen and a member representing Ogu Bolo State Constituency, Mr. Evans Bipi, who is a relative to the deceased.

Though, the police and the Federal Road Safety Commission in the state could not confirm the incident, an aide to Bipi said the First Lady’s mother died in a road accident, which occurred at about 4pm.

Bipi’s aide, Mr. Fred Itobo, told The PUNCH that the President’s wife’s mother was involved in the accident while she was on her way to Bayelsa State.

“Yes! She was involved in an accident and she died. Her body has been taken to a mortuary. Bipi was among those who took her body to the mortuary,” Itobo said.

When contacted, the State Director of FRSC, Dr. Kayode Olagunju, declined comment on the matter, saying, “I cannot say anything on this matter now until I get full details.”

Though effort to get reactions from the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Angela Agabe, proved futile, she had already told a journalist on the telephone that she had not been briefed on such crash.

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathans-mother-dies-in-crash/
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by obowunmi(m): 3:03am On Jul 23, 2013
Good. Let them all die.
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by scribble: 3:06am On Jul 23, 2013
obowunmi: Good. Let them all die.

thats rather harsh young lad

1 Like

Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by PapaBrowne(m): 3:07am On Jul 23, 2013
obowunmi: Good. Let them all die.
And I hope you know you have family too.

1 Like

Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by nduchucks: 3:22am On Jul 23, 2013
RIP.

Lets hope the incompetent authorities make an exception and conduct proper investigation to eliminate foul play. I also hope that the accident did not take place on a federal road which is in bad condition and which could have been fixed with a mere 0.00001% of PEJ's security budget.

4 Likes

Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Chanchit: 3:28am On Jul 23, 2013
When you refuse to make good roads, you think say na only our family members go die there..?

Or did someone make it look like an accident...!?
Abegi, if the woman rest well or not e no consign me jor.

1 Like

Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Nomski0(f): 3:28am On Jul 23, 2013
May your soul rest in peace madam.
Take heart dame PEJ
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Pygru: 3:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Eeeya..... sad
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by ogb5(m): 3:38am On Jul 23, 2013
Lord this my prayer.

There is a man who wants to be governor of delta state in 2015, lord do not let it come to pass

The man is the minister of Niger Delta ministry.His name is Orubebe,

Lord in your infinite wisdom do not let this man come close to the govt house at Asaba in 2015, otherwise delta will be finished.

The only major road project under his ministry is the east west road, that project has been moving at snail speed. If Orubebe had completed the road, our president's in-law would not have died of accident travelling between ph and bayelsa.

Lord all our previous governors are either working crooks like Ibori, or non working saints like Ibru. We have never had non working crooks as governors. Orubebe has all the penchant of a non working crook.

Give the president and 1st lady the wisdom to understand that this tragedy was directly caused by the ineptitude of his ministers of works and that of the Niger Delta.

Lord this we pray through our saviour. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by scribble: 3:38am On Jul 23, 2013
but is Amaechis head too strong for this woman or what?

her and Bipi should be too busy grieving now to find any ones trouble
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by eherbal(m): 3:53am On Jul 23, 2013
First blood. 1-0 grin. Now why do I have a strange feeling the woman's gonna be given a state burial with tax payers money?angry
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by gidson12(m): 4:06am On Jul 23, 2013
e-herbal:
First blood. 1-0 grin. Now why do I have a strange feeling the woman's gonna be given a state burial with tax payers money?angry
you are a kid, right?

1 Like

Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Chanchit: 4:07am On Jul 23, 2013
e-herbal:

If them like make them give her local, national then international burial by burying her in okirika, dig her body to Abuja, then give her a final burial in Jamaica.
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by otokx(m): 4:25am On Jul 23, 2013
That road is a federal road undergoing dualization for over 25 years now.
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Osama10(m): 4:32am On Jul 23, 2013
The same roads they have failed to repair. embarassed
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by greatgod2012(f): 4:36am On Jul 23, 2013
If its true, may her soul rest in peace.

Death is an inevitable end of everyone, everyone is going to die, so, dont rejoice against anyone who dies, no matter what.
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by dapachez: 4:45am On Jul 23, 2013
May God grant those left behind the fortitude to bear the loss amen. It aint easy to lose a mother. Let's try and show human sympathy,death comes to us all at the end. This should be a time for sober reflection
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by kkkp: 4:55am On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmmmmm I no get anytin 2 say
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by ogb5(m): 5:20am On Jul 23, 2013
The 96km warri Benin road took 17 yrs to complete.
The 200km ph warri road was awarded in 2006, 7 yrs after, the road is not yet completed.
Hope GEJ will use the death of his in-law on the road to stop the criminal negligence of protects in the Niger delta.
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by justhelp(m): 5:31am On Jul 23, 2013
Since thay said the road is federal road under construction for 25 years now,then what happen now might be blessing to the people in the area,may be GEJ and PEJ can complete the road, God is powerful and Wonderful if you failed to do the right thing as a leader,God will teach you to do it in hard way. I hope that is just a warning to every person in power that has a mandate of his or her people to do what is expected of them or else they will share the same faith as PEJ. GOD SAVE NIGERIA MY COUNTRY
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Brimmie(m): 5:44am On Jul 23, 2013
All i can do is to laugh.. grin grin and laugh grin grin and lauuughhhhhh grin grin grin grin

JONATHAN IS WORKING.. FRESH AIR EVERYWHERE

R. I. P MAMAPOTAMUS
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by 234GT(m): 5:49am On Jul 23, 2013
I thought she also had an official aircraft!
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Omen100(m): 5:53am On Jul 23, 2013
ogb5: Lord this my prayer.

There is a man who wants to be governor of delta state in 2015, lord do not let it come to pass

The man is the minister of Niger Delta ministry.His name is Orubebe,

Lord in your infinite wisdom do not let this man come close to the govt house at Asaba in 2015, otherwise delta will be finished.

The only major road project under his ministry is the east west road, that project has been moving at snail speed. If Orubebe had completed the road, our president's in-law would not have died of accident travelling between ph and bayelsa.

Lord all our previous governors are either working crooks like Ibori, or non working saints like Ibru. We have never had non working crooks as governors. Orubebe has all the penchant of a non working crook.

Give the president and 1st lady the wisdom to understand that this tragedy was directly caused by the ineptitude of his ministers of works and that of the Niger Delta.

Lord this we pray through our saviour. Amen

Amen & Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen,
Glory hmmm & honour to bros. J.
Re: Sadly: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Crash by Afam4eva(m): 5:55am On Jul 23, 2013

1 Like

(1)

EXCLUSIVE: How Tambuwal Plotted With Atiku, Wamakko, Others To Break PDP / Atiku's Celebrates Front Row Seat At Mandela's Burial / Court Stops New Uniabuja VC From Taking Over Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.