Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) (37924 Views)

Breaking News: Kate Middleton Delivers Baby Girl / Prince William And Kate Welcome A Son / UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by ajanaku2(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
50calibre:

Absolute nonsense! That's what they tell the public, the queen is ceremonial head bla! Bla!! bla!!! The queen runs the UK plain and simple.

For you to understand better, I have a few questions for you

1 - Have you seen any of the annual queen's speeches, have you noticed how the protocol is observed and how the queen addresses the politicians?

2 - Do you know why the British prime minister has to report to the queen every Friday in a closed-door strictly confidential meeting

3 - Do you know why every elected prime minister( as soon as he is confirmed winner) has to go see the queen alone behind closed doors

4 - do you know why the queen had the power to dissolve the parliament?

5 - Do you know why you don't speak to the queen first except she speaks to you, do you know why you don't turn your back on the queen?

Open your eyes, the British system is a convoluted web of lies and secrecy, something they mastered over the years

And which Democracy in the world is not shrouded in some form of inexplicable labyrinth?

Even the USA, with the best form of Democracy, has her intricacies...There's a particular document in the Oval office that's only accessible by the President...Why should that be?

Ogbeni, f'arabale joo!

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by denzel2009: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
Symphony007: such ignorance...queen elizabeth ii is the ceremonial head of state for the united kingdom, the head of government is the elected rt. Honorable david cameron, prime minister of the u.k and first lord of the treasury. He runs the country and even decides how much the queen is paid through the civil list. If anything their system of government shows maturity and stability. Nobody gets involved with each others job. Infact the u.k is amongs the world's oldest democracy. Westminster is known as the mother of all parliament, every country including the u.s took cues from the u;k in arranging their government.

It's not ceremonial o. she has to give royal assent to every law passed.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is she pregnant again?

Up next royal baby's name. In the next 24 years he gonna party hard naked in Vegas ....legendary.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Which world? This news doesn't not affect the price of meat in Publix na
u have murdered English grin
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
Awww, he's a cutie. They look so happy. smiley smiley
Now that Kate has given birth and we've seen the baby, I hope people can go back to their lives now. undecided
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
undecided I am honestly tired of this royal baby news. Rit 4rm d day of conception d foetus don b celebrity. Abi the Boy get two Head n a double Heart? Jst asking dou.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by 50calibre(m): 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
ajanaku2:

And which Democracy in the world is not shrouded in some form on inexplicable labyrinth?

Even the USA, with the best from of Democracy, has her intricacies...There's a particular document in the Oval office that's only accessible by the President...Why should that be?

Ogbeni, f'arabale joo!

You obviously don't know anything comparing a proper democracy of the US, a constitutional republic to the UK's constitutional monarchy where there is no written constitution,

You sound like a tout, I'm sorry I don't debate with touts.

Go get someone with proper knowledge of how governments work, and then we can go into the details.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by eherbal(m): 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Aww, the Lil rascal is performing his duties already. see him waving to the crowd. long live the King! grin

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
50calibre:
Absolute nonsense! That's what they tell the public, the queen is ceremonial head bla! Bla!! bla!!! The queen runs the UK plain and simple.

1 - Have you seen any of the annual queen's speeches, have you noticed how the protocol is observed and how the queen addresses the politicians?

2 - Do you know why the British prime minister has to report to the queen every Friday in a closed-door strictly confidential meeting

3 - Do you know why every elected prime minister( as soon as he is confirmed winner) has to go see the queen alone behind closed doors

5 - Do you know why you don't speak to the queen first except she speaks to you, do you know why you don't turn your back on the queen?

Open your eyes, the British system is a convoluted web of lies and secrecy, something they mastered over the years

Bruv, there's no perfect democracy anywhere on this planet. Everything is shrouded in secrecy, deceit and vested interests. However, the UK is the home of democracy and the system out here is far better than America's two party system that's basically two-sides to the same coin.

At least, we don't have A Sen. John McCain, who's more of a robotic cyborg than a humanoid - and a Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has a crack pipe stuck in his brain, in the British Parliament. The only thing close to them that we've is Victorian era meet MacBeth English speaking William Hague.

UK is still the ceiling and benchmark for democracy.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
e-herbal:
Aww, the Lil rascal is performing his duties already. see him waving to the crowd. long live the King! grin

See his giant 'Ogo'..Looking like something out of an Indiana Jones movie
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
YAWWWNNN..... These idiots went around the world destroying other monarchies through violence, looting and theft of resources, and enriched their own monarchy with the loot. Now our monarchies are a shadow of their former selves, and we must all worship their monarchy and gasp ''awww.. isn't he cute?''.

Sure... Mshewww.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Symphony007: such ignorance...queen elizabeth ii is the ceremonial head of state for the united kingdom, the head of government is the elected rt. Honorable david cameron, prime minister of the u.k and first lord of the treasury. He runs the country and even decides how much the queen is paid through the civil list. If anything their system of government shows maturity and stability. Nobody gets involved with each others job. Infact the u.k is amongs the world's oldest democracy. Westminster is known as the mother of all parliament, every country including the u.s took cues from the u;k in arranging their government.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about ? The same British that colonized every part of the world till the 20th century is now the oldest democracy in the world ? shocked shocked the french must be laughing at your ignorance here dude !

ajanaku2:

The Queen is never and will never be the Head of Government...She's a ceremonial head with ceremonial Powers...Her Powers are limited and constrained by the consents and ratifications from the British House of Lords and House of Commons.

David Cameron, the British Prime-minister is the Head of Government...

And who told you constitutional Monarchy ain't democratic? Heard of Shadow Government and its inherent Checks and balances?

Get an SS 1 "Government" textbook, Nigger!

Tell me how constitutional monarchy is democratic ! You have an absolute old woman who have ruled for over 60 years with her family in line to take over power and you called that democratic ? I bet you don't know that liberals are being suppressed in the UK for challenging the authenticity of the british monarchy in the contemporary era.British has never fought for democracy in Europe from the ancient era,middle age,modern to contemporary era.if you have any proof,please put it forward.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
ROSSIKE: YAWWWNNN..... These idiots went around the world destroying other monarchies through violence, looting and theft of resources, and enriched their own monarchy. Now our monarchies are a shadow of their former selves, and we must all worship their monarchy and gasp ''awww.. isn't he cute?''.

Sure... Mshewww.

+100
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
jackbauersballs:

+100

Do you know they destroyed Benin City by fire and chased the monarch of that empire out of his kingdom? The man ended up in leg chains somewhere. If the British hadn't stolen his kingdom who knows? The world today might similarly be oooing and aaaahing over the new heir to the Benin throne.

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
shymexx:

Bruv, there's no perfect democracy anywhere on this planet. Everything is shrouded in secrecy, deceit and vested interests. However, the UK is the home of democracy and the system out here is far better than America's two party system that's basically two-sides to the same coin.

At least, we don't have A Sen. John McCain, who's more of a robotic cyborg than a humanoid - and a Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has a crack pipe stuck in his brain, in the British Parliament. The only thing close to them that we've is Victorian era meet MacBeth English speaking William Hague.

America always has to come into your comparisns sha..

The UK and democracy should never, i repeat, should never be in the same sentence. It's funny that a state that is run by a mornachy is put in the same sentence with democracy.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Do you know they destroyed Benin City by fire and chased the monarch of that empire out of his kingdom? The man ended up in leg chains somewhere.

Exiled to Lagos I think...

Im pretty peeved though, to know that this boy already has so many doors open to him by virtue of birth that are shut to pretty much everyone else...including the title of King of Britain...
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Do you know they destroyed Benin City by fire and chased the monarch of that empire out of his kingdom? The man ended up in leg chains somewhere. If the British hadn't stolen his kingdom who knows? The world today might similarly be oooing and aaaahing over the new heir to the Benin throne.

They ruined the world; maintained dominance of colonization around the world; destroyed indigenious peoples' culture and imposed british hegemony on them . . . . .yet some people claimed they are democratic.I laugh in Kinta kinte

3 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
America always has to come into your comparisns sha..

The UK and democracy should never, i repeat, should never be in the same sentence. It's funny that a state that is run by a mornachy is put in the same sentence with democracy.

I referenced America because he did...and USA is also the face of "modern" democracy. However, the UK birthed democracy. Also, there's absolutely no style/system of government better the Parliamentary system.

The issue of monarchy is another kettle of fish entirely. The British monarchy is the symbol of the UK and its last pride after losing the "Great" in Britain. Once the monarchy goes, the UK would lose all its oversea territories and that's honest truth. All the oversea territories are under the Queen and not the UK government.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Exiled to Lagos I think...

Im pretty peeved though, to know that this boy already has so many doors open to him by virtue of birth that are shut to pretty much everyone else...including the title of King of Britain...

It's not the baby's fault. That's the world he was born into. It's their monarchical institution - racist to the hilt - that one finds disturbing. They had no reason to raze down Benin City. Just pure racism and hatred for blacks made them do it. And I don't recall them ever issuing an apology for their heinous actions.

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
shymexx:

I referenced America because he did...and USA is also the face of "modern" democracy. However, the UK birthed democracy. Also, there's absolutely no style/system of government better the Parliamentary system.

The issue of monarchy is another kettle of fish entirely. The British monarchy is the symbol of the UK and its last pride after losing the "Great" in Britain. Once the monarchy goes, the UK would lose all its oversea territories and that's honest truth. All the oversea territories are under the Queen and not the UK government.
The Greeks birthed democracy not the UK. It's not about the system of government but about what democracy is. Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people and there's absolutely no position in the US that the people are not allowed to decide but in the UK, the queen is not elected, she's chosen. How democratic is that?

How can the oversee government be under the queen and not the UK. Does that make sense to you? The queen is just a ceremonial figure to Australia and Canada but she decides a lot of stuff in UK. The prime minister of the UK is answerable to her.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
shymexx:

The issue of monarchy is another kettle of fish entirely. The British monarchy is the symbol of the UK and its last pride after losing the "Great" in Britain. Once the monarchy goes, the UK would lose all its oversea territories and that's honest truth. All the oversea territories are under the Queen and not the UK government .

The UK should practice what it preach and stop deceiving the world.British has no moral justification to canvass for democracy in any part of the world as long as Lizzy still maintains her seat as the head of government !
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
I can imagine what the developed countries will say if it was Africa that was practicing this medieval system. They would have called us backward and unprogressive yet the same developed world see nothing wrong with the kingship in Britain. Shameless hypocrites.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
The Greeks birthed democracy not the UK. It's not about the system of government but about what democracy is. Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people and there's absolutely no position in the US that the people are not allowed to decide but in the UK, the queen is not elected, she's chosen. How democratic is that?

How can the oversee government be under the queen and not the UK. Does that make sense to you? The queen is just a ceremonial figure to Australia and Canada but she decides a lot of stuff in UK. The prime minister of the UK is answerable to her.

The Greeks did not 'birth democracy'.

That is another western LIE.

Democracy existed on this earth in various forms thousands of years before there was a 'Greece'.

In fact, Igbo ancestors who existed for millenia before the Greeks, were among the earliest practitioners of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by 50calibre(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
shymexx:

Bro don't believe all you hear, it's way complicated than that. I do believe the UK is a democracy, however, not a complete democracy.

The UK being an ancient society, I do know they are the founding fathers of not just democracy, but economics, and it's that democratic part the younger United States harnessed and perfected in their own society.

The UK is NOT a complete democracy because unlike the US where their knob head politicians can get voted out and sent into oblivion, the UK would always have a constant and sacrosanct presence, that is the monarchy.

These elected politicians are nothing but the mouth piece for the queen, you can't get elected as PM withouth the queen stamping you her seal of approval, the queen is head of state, the queen is head/commander in chief of the armed forces, the queen is head of the Church of England, the queen has the ultimate access to the treasury, every policy or bill is passed through the queen, in-shorty the queen is the Supremo, so c'mon don't believe all that.

I though it was only me who noticed that William
Hague sounds like a 1940s BBC presenter.

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

The Greeks did not 'birth democracy'.

That is another western LIE.

Democracy existed on this earth in various forms thousands of years before there was a 'Greece'.

In fact, Igbo ancestors who existed for millenia before the Greeks, are among the earliest practitioners of democracy.

I'm just letting him know that democracy existed elkewhere before Britain.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm just letting him know that democracy existed elsewhere before Britain.

No problem.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Symphony007: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2013
50calibre:

1. The queens speech is written by the prime minister and given to the queen to read from the throne in the house of lord. What's so special about that? Rather it's humiliating because whatever is written there. She must read. It was amusing one time she was reading the speech annoucing how heriditary peers will no longer be allowed to sit in the lords. That means one day. She'll read her own abolishment.

2. To correct you dear. The queen and p.m don't meet friday. The meet every tuesday in the audience room of buckingham palace where the p.m briefs her on activities in the country and she advises him. He is not compelled to take that advice. Infact p.m's like tony blair at times shun that meeting because it has no relevance.

3. As ceremonial head of state. It is the queen's duty to swear in new p.m's. That is the way it is done in all parliamentry govt's. In india the p.m goes to see the president was elected. Same with isreal.canada.australia and many others. So what's so special about that?

4. The queen does not dissolve parliament. The prime minister decides when he dissolves parliament and call for new election. And as ceremonial head it is her duty to concor with the p.m, the queen can never dissolve parliament without the p.m's permission. Go find an instance she did and show me.

5. All you mentioned are long standing royal traditions including bowing. Cutsey,etc. What do you think people are compelled to do that? John bercow. The commons speaker has turned his back on the queen countless times. Was has'nt he been sent to the tower of london. Most people today don't bow or cutsey when meeting the queen. Why is'nt their blood running down the thames?

You raise arrant insignificancies and i use you to stop sinking your little head in conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Symphony007:
5. All you mentioned are long standing royal traditions including bowing. Cutsey,etc. What do you think people are compelled to do that? John bercow. The commons speaker has turned his back on the queen countless times. Was has'nt he been sent to the tower of london. Most people today don't bow or cutsey when meeting the queen. Why is'nt their blood running down the thames?
Yet, Michelle Obama was called out for touching the Queen without being told to do so. WTF is the Queen compared to the first lady of the United states of fvcking America. If i ever have an opportunity to go near the queen, i will spit at her.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Symphony007: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2013
denzel2009:

It's not ceremonial o. she has to give royal assent to every law passed.
royal assent for bills is today largely ceremonial, that is why in 60 years on the throne. Queen elizabeth has never refused signing any bill..even the once she hate like gay marraige, royal succession reform.
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Symphony007:
1. The queens speech is written by the prime minister and given to the queen to read from the throne in the house of lord. What's so special about that? Rather it's humiliating because whatever is written there. She must read. It was amusing one time she was reading the speech annoucing how heriditary peers will no longer be allowed to sit in the lords. That means one day. She'll read her own abolishment.

2. To correct you dear. The queen and p.m don't meet friday. The meet every tuesday in the audience room of buckingham palace where the p.m briefs her on activities in the country and she advises him. He is not compelled to take that advice. Infact p.m's like tony blair at times shun that meeting because it has no relevance.

3. As ceremonial head of state. It is the queen's duty to swear in new p.m's. That is the way it is done in all parliamentry govt's. In india the p.m goes to see the president was elected. Same with isreal.canada.australia and many others. So what's so special about that?

4. The queen does not dissolve parliament. The prime minister decides when he dissolves parliament and call for new election. And as ceremonial head it is her duty to concor with the p.m, the queen can never dissolve parliament without the p.m's permission. Go find an instance she did and show me.

You raise arrant insignificancies and i use you to stop sinking your little head in conspiracy theories.

Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable and save your energy. Democracy should encompasses the will of the people to VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE who lead them not one old woman who owns the country as well as other parts of the world.this is not 14th century but 21st century !

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Symphony007: 12:13am On Jul 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you sure you know what you are talking about ? The same British that colonized every part of the world till the 20th century is now the oldest democracy in the world ? shocked shocked the french must be laughing at your ignorance here dude !

Tell me how constitutional monarchy is democratic ! You have an absolute old woman who have ruled for over 60 years with her family in line to take over power and you called that democratic ? I bet you don't know that liberals are being suppressed in the UK for challenging the authenticity of the british monarchy in the contemporary era.British has never fought for democracy in Europe from the ancient era,middle age,modern to contemporary era.if you have any proof,please put it forward.
ignorance is a disease o. In the 16th century the british parliament voted and executed king charles 1 because he was interffering in their buisness, in the 17th century the british parliament banished king james ii and replaced him with king william and queen mary of holland. At this time louis 16 was still absolute ruler of france. When other countries in the world was ruled by absolute monarchs, britain in the 10 century forced king john to sign the magna carter, forcing him to share power with his people. Do you even know the meaning of democracy?
Re: Kate Middleton & Prince William's Son (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

The Greeks never birthed what we call democracy today, the UK did. Heck, the Greeks never birthed anything - they plaigarised everything they're famous for today from the ancient Egyptians. So if we want to allude credit to anyone, it should be our black ancestors in ancient Egypt. Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people - and that's the UK's system is also about. However, the Queen is the head of the government due to the culture of land. She might be a ceremonial head on paper - but she's the highest authority.

The UK government isn't in-charge of the oversea territories, the Queen is. And she's also the head of the commonwealth of nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump Amazed By African Woman's Ball Juggling Skill / Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Nelson Mandela Memorial Service On 10th December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.