Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled (34157 Views)

Poll: University students expelled for not carrying along their bibles to assembly! This:

Outrageous: 80% (226 votes)
Justified: 19% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by 9ja4eva: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2008
trackmicky:

There's no big deal about that.Its no news.The Students as well as their parents were handed the University handbook and they willingly sign to abide by the rules and accept the penalties on failure to obey.It's so anywhere in the World.CU is definitely not for lawless students.It's a place for disciplined leaders in the making.cheers.

If hypocrisy leads to being a disciplined leader then i am not interested.

Rouge:

[color=#990000] i wish i could shout this and everyone would hear. Where have you ever heard that 120 students were expelled in one day. the school is just crap crap crap. this holier than thou bullshit is disgusting and annoying. its a pity that a lot of these people end up going 2 private schuls because of jamb. I hope NUC is watching. These schools are wasting peoples time and money ova lack of bible. very soon it will be because of anointing oil. imagine getting to final year and getting expelled because of bible. The VC and pastors i'm sure go everywhere with their bible including the toilet. HYPOCRITES.

The pastors are worse.You used the right word "HYPOCRITES"
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by 9ja4eva: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2008
cyriluzo:

I really want to believe there is somthing we've not been told yet. I jus do not think that a school will expell students because they didnt have Bible.

If that's the reason for expulsion then I think somthing is really wrong somewhere. How about God expelling us from his Kingdom because of our willful disobedience. I don't just can't comprehend this, am not sure its true

That one na small, explusion is nothing in the GLORIFIED PRIMARY SCHOOL
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by lipsy(f): 2:27am On Aug 01, 2008
that school is just for those who can't pass JAMB. i've lectured them before and to my amazement, most of the KIDS can't think rationally.

anyway, if u want to know what they are like after school, just head to any night club in VI/IKOYI/IKEJA omo u go see die.
the authorities are'nt makin the students to 'practice what they preach'.

to me, this expulsion is a show biz.

Have u check all their record 2 c if they pass jamb or not?.
Are u sure 120 students are actually been expelled from the school at the same time, because of bible or any other reason? can you list the affected student out? u just pass wrong information anyhw, just free the school. IF U CANT OBEY THE RULES DONT APPLY.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Joseph6(m): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2008
arrant nonsense, some of the brightest students 4rm mysec sch are attendin cu all the yarns about not passin jamb is poker, i 4 one passed jamb how many times stayed at home now i've taken cu SAT and awaitin resumption abeg cu is a confirmed university and u'll find dem geeks and freaks there aswelll as the baddest once so pls make una just take chillpill
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by hurleyk(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2008
hey, i have told you people times without number, it is easy to start a university, just rent a room, buy pencils and biros, get some NCE holders,and start one. it is people who are jobless that keep condemning what another person is doing! do you think it is beans running a secondary school, not to talk of a university, anyhow, i think you people should just fine some more reasonable things to do, rather than wasting precious time talking like someone that lacks fronesis.

for the lecturer that claimed he had lectured in covenant before, with due respect sir, pls what took you to covenant in the first instance, because im so convinced that its not meant for people like you, secondly, what happened that you left, i hope it wasnt because you were trying to victimize a female student, all those small small girls, well you can prove me wrong, or better still you were found wanting in character. Anywhich wayz i think its better to let the sleeping dog lie, you all applied to the school, they didnt apply to you, so please if its not ok for you, get-out! and stop saying wot u don't know. Cheers
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by topsyqueen(f): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2008
men you guys that go against covenant are so pathetic, even in an american university to be precise Pensacola christian college right there in florida the rules are even worse than the ones we have in covenant uni, i don;t know what the fuss is all about. every society has laid down rules that an individual must abide to if you don't like it then get out, i believe nobody was forced to go to covenant, so if u go there you live by the rules or be kicked out. as simple as abc .
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by biolabee(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2008
@lipsy very good point on the issue of the culpability of the students.
Can anybody point out to the authenticity of this story cause i find it hard to believe,
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by playahP(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2008
convenant is just a school for those dat cant pass jamb and post jamb and asides dat the children of the proprietor are outta d country and ure here thinking ure in skool,
convenant is not recognised internationally,'TOO BAD'

the skool is just a glorified primary skool but the only thing dat is left is for the teachers to use canes on u pple,
if u go to convenant u will be surprised at the way they are treated like animals, they all act like robots, STUPID SKOOOL
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Ovamboland(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2008
I searched for Pensacola Christian University
and came up with this http://www.home-school.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13049

I hope CU will not end up harming the christian life of their student with legalism
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by adexlink(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2008
[/b][b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

HEBRON[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000], < A LAND OF CONVENANT >
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by UyiIredia(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2009
PAST: grin grin d time wen dis thing happen i stil dey NIIT & i dey pity their student,
, PRESENT: som tins led to som tins & i'm now a CU student!!!!!!!!!!
laaaaaaaaaawwwwd!!!!!!!!!!! giv' me d grace 2 bear this cross ++++++++++
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Devonian(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2010
I'm just reading this, but are the students and their parents aware that the university can successfully prosecute this matter before the United Nations Human Rights Committe (UNHRC) by invoking their individual right to freedom of conscience, thought and religion? This would be a fantastic test case.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Kx: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2010
Expelled for not showing their bible after having paid so much as school fees?
Has salvation turned to "by force"?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Omolulu(m): 5:25am On Apr 17, 2010
Kx:

Expelled for not showing their bible after having paid so much as school fees?
Has salvation turned to "by force"?
a question they might never provide the answer to, wondering why the ministry cant call for a review of those practices that contradict basic human rights as in the constitution
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by soibim: 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
SHUT UP
Criricise the school not the visioneer
stop carrying unnecessary curses on your destinies
am a student of covenant
the rules are much nd most of them severely strict don't yu think they are for our good?
yu came to the school so wat stops yu from bending to the rules

Oyedepo 1ce said sth and i quote "if you are not comfortable with the school GET OUT"
for crying out loud yu guys re not trying
abusing a man of God
angry
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by kimgurlie: 1:41am On Nov 11, 2011
una funny o, me wey dey d school know wetin dey go on, person go come post rubbish all of una go just join dey chuke mouth put, its painfull when i see people lying about my school, anyway una go answer God sha, angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor / Angela Sughnen Who Got Expelled In 400 Level For Exam Misconduct, Bags 1st Class / SCIENTISTS BAFFLED BY MYSTERIOUS SHIELD PROTECTING EARTH FROM BEING OBLITERATED.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.