Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled (34156 Views)

Poll: University students expelled for not carrying along their bibles to assembly! This:

Outrageous: 80% (226 votes)
Justified: 19% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by donchichi: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
This is ridiculous. This type of story is what u hear happening in secondary schools only because, the principal wants to free up the school and cant find a better reason to do so. Its no news that covenant university is higher level secondary school. i need some of their supporters here to explain the concept behind designing a university(that is supposed to give a young individual a taste of the freedom he will experience later in life) to have a lot more rules that other secondary schools.

However, i did read that some dude said he would pursue legal action. it would be a wrong move. Because, if the rules and regulations of the school are documented and made available for all to see then he must have seen it and understood before he sent his child there. So you cant actually blame the school for doing what they said would be done when such a case comes up.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Seun(m): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
ive gone for service without my bible for a number of reasons.
If you had been expelled for those reasons, you would be singing a different tune. Pharisee!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
Guilty as your sig, Mr Don chichi

Posting before thinking

@Seun, lol

Couldnt have been expelled because NO ONE was expelled for that
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2008
youngies:

You are not supposed to have wet dreams in school grin
`
are u sopposed to have a dick, talkless of wet dream cheesy
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
heheh  grin

Gamine, the CU apologist  grin

question - is going to chapel cumpulsory in CU, and if it is, why don't they simply  do the ticket thing - the bible is the price of admission to the chapel - go back and get it if you forgot it. alternatively,  they could also tell anyone who forgot the bible to face the wall with his hands up, or do angle 90 - as punishment or 10 strokes of koboko ( no be glorified secondary school?). those sound more relevant punishments that wasting three years of a persons life.

this david oyedepo fellow sef - wonder what christian school of thot he subscribes to
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smooooooth: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
visiting day,once a month, lights out, prep time, ect, abeg stop calling it a higher secondary sch abeg, my sec sch didnt even have rules as thorough as these grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by nezerst(f): 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
Does this mean that there are only christians in the school.
Discrimination!!!!!!!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
Heh ehheh

@Oyb,
That service was compulsory and classes were cancelled for that day.

@Smooooooth, cool

@nezerst

DUH!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by donchichi: 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Guilty as your sig, Mr Don chichi

Posting before thinking

Whats your point?

What was wrong with wot i said?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by codedguy1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
If they find out a guy is admiring a babe(he has not even started toasting)

na firing squad grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its also in the rules,

Thou shall not admirer, talkless bout toasting!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by NubianQ(f): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
Even the Devil can Quote the bible. since when did bringing the bible become something for an Educational institution. Hypocritical BS! That school is Just a Glorified secondary school where u are told how to live your life. no matter how many bibles u bring to school it doesnt make u a better person until u accept the teachings in the heart!

Rubbish and if anyone wants to start defending that rubbish, my advice is go flush ur head down the LOO cheesy
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2008
Abeg carry your size 16+ ass outta here jo.

Atleast in CU, we have gyms and sporting activities

which help to eradicate obesity!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Uche2nna(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2008
coded guy:

Thou shall not admirer, talkless bout toasting!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what would happen if U are caught with ur pants down  lipsrsealed

NubianQ:

Rubbish and if anyone wants to start defending that rubbish, [b]my advice is go flush your head down the LOO cheesy[/b]

lol
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by donchichi: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine,

What was wrong with my statement?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by youngies(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2008
Don't forget also that you must register your relationship with the opposite sex with the Student Affairs department, if not, you be expelled.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Uche2nna(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2008
Even a church wont expel its members cos they did not show up with thier bibles  shocked

Last time I heard of assemblies, I was in high school. Did not know that assemblies can still be conducted in tertiary institutions.  undecided
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by donchichi: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
youngies:

Don't forget also that you must register your relationship with the opposite sex with the Student Affairs department, if not, you be expelled.

Are you for real!!!

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy
Pardon me, i have to laugh at this

Uche2nna:

Last time I heard of assemblies, I was in high school. Did not know that assemblies can still be conducted in tertiary institutions.  undecided

Imagine o!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by sinthia(f): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2008
so muslims no dey attend the school
is it not this same CU that it was reported that some of their students were
caught at a nite club or was i the MBGN show?
youngies:

lol
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Gamine(f): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
grin grin grin

yayayayayy

im speeeessshhless
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by vislabraye(m): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
This Guy, Oyedepo is going to an extreme if what is said is true. Some time ago i heard that people were refused their certificates because they tested positive to HIV and/or pregnancy. Is this what Jesus Christ said we should do? The NUC should look into this, This becomes human right abuse. After spending millions u later realise your child has been suspended over something trivial is sheer WICKEDNESS.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Abeg carry your size 16+ ass out of here jo.

Atleast in CU, we have gyms and sporting activities

which help to eradicate obesity!

er. . .what happened to operation get fat? grin - sure u don't want some weight gain tips

i'm pretty sure the nubian engages in sporting activities - though they happen to be activities that will get you expelled from CU grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by 9jaboi1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
No matta wat it sounds like,
, I really don't think they should have been Expelled.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by bami1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
its all cos d education system in d country is in shambles, if many of em students in Otta had a choice they'd have gone elsewhere, anyone know's what the NUC has said on this issue??
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by hilli666(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
Next time Ill make sure I carry my Bible to Assembly. I didnt know that not having a bible affected my ability to study and comprhend subject likes Econmics, Math and International Relationship. But once again my country people have taught me otherwise. Now I have my bible with me maybe Ill get an A in this class.

The student who were expelled, should be gratefull. Any academic instutuion that correlates religion with school work is not demontrating tolerance.(and what else is there to be taught if you can't teach tolerance) Hence displaying an achaic mentality that is primarly the reasons for the failed and still failing educational system in the country. I for one will not want to be part of such an institution, would you? let me know your thoughts.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by debosky(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
Madam Gamine aka CU apologist, can you tell us why they were expelled if not for the bible offence?

If that is truly the reason, it is idiocy of the highest level. . .If pastors don't expel members for not carrying bibles, how on earth can a so called 'university' do so?

for once I agree with oyb - what on earth are the administrators of that school thinking? Are these people also going to work in Covenant Accounting Firm, Covenant Industries and Covenant Hospital when they all graduate so they can continue to be monitored and policed like children?

Well if Gamine is one of their stellar products, all I can say is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by smartsoft(m): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
Don't say what u don't know, the challenges aren't from the lecturers or the VC, the issues comes from the student them selves, wht do you expect from the children of the rich huh ? they just misbehave, that serves them right for expelling them from school cos of bible, how would someone not abide with rules and regulation, when they know that CU is more of christian school, nonesense
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esss(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
Convenant "University" again!!

Last time it was students with HIV, now students without bibles!!

Next week it will students who are not born-again!!

The following week students who cant speak in tongues!!

The week after that students whose names are not in the book of life.

My opinion is that the danmed "Convenant Kindergarten University for Students who couldnt pass JAMB into normal universities" should be closed, then investigated by EFCC. This is what you get when brain-washed christian parents live their lives by the rules of their pastors. And I even pity the ignorant kids who even allow themselves to be sent to such schools. Christianity is slowly ruining the educational system and the government isnt doing anything about it. From the Administrators who come up with such useless and unproductive rules and regulations to the socially retarded students who even allow themselves to be governed by such repressive rules are all part of the problem. I wonder how student of convenant university would function in the society, since they have lived all their lives without making any decisions for themselves.
How would you attend a school where the only student union body is the SU (scripture Union). The students play no part in the administration of the school. No say what so ever.

The pastor could just wake up from sleep and decide that all students must wear uniforms to class and they wont even say shit bout it. What a bunch of suckers.  

I have no pity for any of the expelled students.  

And for those who are defending such blatant infringment of human right to freedom of religion, all I can say to you is shut your "Oyedepo ass licking" mouth. You are all brain-washed and the day you realise it that day your lives will change for the better.

Like I will always say, I wouldnt send my dog to Convenant whateva for no reason, not even on a free scholarship.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by donchichi: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
hilli666:

Next time Ill make sure I carry my Bible to Assembly. I didnt know that not having a bible affected my ability to study and comprhend subject likes Econmics, Math and International Relationship. But once again my country people have taught me otherwise. Now I have my bible with me maybe Ill get an A in this class.

Well said!

grin grin cheesy cheesy

Gamine don run,
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by ademiller(f): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
all these new generation churches

dats what u get from them.

imagine, so one cant forget bible for room again?

hollier than thou yet na them worse pass

unfair scumbags angry
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by ademiller(f): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
may they grow up

Amen

Wats rong with gamine mumu?

olodo girl cheesy
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Esss(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
ademiller:

Wats rong with gamine mumu?

What do you expect from a product of CK (And I dont mean Calvin Klein)
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by SENATORJD(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2008
@youngies
went there and have a girlfriend from there and know a whole lot of fellows in relationships from there we didnt have to register any relationship.

the expulsion was extreme (if it did happen), a lighter measure would have been better
I have had reservations with some rules in school then at times that i felt were extreme,
but all in all i enjoyed MY stay there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Angela Sughnen Who Got Expelled In 400 Level For Exam Misconduct, Bags 1st Class / SCIENTISTS BAFFLED BY MYSTERIOUS SHIELD PROTECTING EARTH FROM BEING OBLITERATED. / Funny Memes You Can Relate To In A Nursing School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.