Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning (7811 Views)

Pls Help Me Out...chevrolet Spark Clutch Pedal / Need Help With Fixing My Clutch / Honda Accord 2006 Model: Manual Transmission...??is My Clutch Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
my clutch pedal keep going flat every morning. i have changed upper clutch twice, that did not solve the problem. i have to pump the clutch before it will work but will go down the next morning. what could be wrong? the car is vw passat gt 1993
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by psucc(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
guy them don drivam finish for night! Lol
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by redcliff: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
psucc: guy them don drivam finish for night! Lol

Lmao!
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
JUO: my clutch pedal keep going flat every morning. i have changed upper clutch twice, that did not solve the problem. i have to pump the clutch before it will work but will go down the next morning. what could be wrong? the car is vw passat gt 1993

Could you please be specific about what has been replaced? I have no idea what "upper clutch" means. And also state if the parts were new or used.

Your issues sound more hydraulic than anything else. Leaking clutch slave or master cylinder. Get your mechanic to check both. Air is being drawn into your clutch hydraulic circuit, hence you have to pump the pedal every morning.

Find the leak, and rectify.
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2013
guy them don drivam finish for night! Lol
you be winch
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2013
this is the picture of what the mechanic called upper clutch

Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 10:11am On Jul 25, 2013
i changed it with new one twice in one week yet the problem is still there. these two new ones behave like the one removed. meaning the one that was remove is still good.
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2013
JUO: i changed it with new one twice in one week yet the problem is still there. these two new ones behave like the one removed. meaning the one that was remove is still good.

Either it wasn't bled properly, or the faulty part is the clutch slave cylinder (on the gearbox).
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2013
oga siena, we have checked no leakage, no short of hydraulic. but one thing is sure according to your explanation which is
Air is being drawn into your clutch hydraulic circuit
if you loose the bleeding pipe you will see air coming out. can it be that the new one did not work?
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2013
the faulty part is the clutch slave cylinder
bros are you assuring me that if i change this the problem will be solved? although you be master
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by supermirab: 1:46am On Aug 05, 2013
could be slave or master cylinder, what make is your car?
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by adanny01(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2013
I had the same problem. The first time. I thought its just adjustment. Immediatly it was adjusted the clutch became worst.

I changed the rubber kits for the 'up and down clutch cylinder'. It was ok that day but went bad next morning. I later changed the down clutch cylinder. I was ok for only a day. Each time it will just work a day and every morning is a tussle to engage gear.

My front brake pads worn out almost completely which i changed, surprisingly the clutch felt different right there and never disturbed me again untill two days ago. I discovered my rear brake pads were worn out. I replaced yesterday and clutch is better.

I dont understand the relationship. Though, the hydroulic tank is for both brake and clutch. I suggest u check ur brake pads if the hydraulic is shared from same tank.
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by cardoctor(m): 10:36am On Aug 19, 2013
JUO: my clutch pedal keep going flat every morning. i have changed upper clutch twice, that did not solve the problem. i have to pump the clutch before it will work but will go down the next morning. what could be wrong? the car is vw passat gt 1993

Hydraulic operations of a car cluth is a straight forward technology.

There can only be two things possibly wrong. Either. You have a leaking hydraulic line or seals or you have air in the clutch system. Either way, you must check that the components are not leaking and that the clutch system is properly bled.

You must also ensure that the parts fitted are the ones meant for the vehicle.

Are the clutch slave and master cylinders brand new or tokunbo?

Car-Doctor.
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
adanny01: I had the same problem. The first time. I thought its just adjustment. Immediatly it was adjusted the clutch became worst.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here, you can't "adjust" a hydraulically-operated clutch, it's entirely self-adjusting.
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by JUO(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
THE SLAVE STARTED LEAKING 3 DAYS AGO. I WILL GO AND CHANGE IT

1 Like

Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by adanny01(m): 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Siena:

I'm not sure what you're talking about here, you can't "adjust" a hydraulically-operated clutch, it's entirely self-adjusting.

I thought there is an adjustment but the mechanic told me not and tried to bleed air. The clutch stopped working altogether after bleeding. There was no leakage whatsoever.

I didnt anticipate spending 20mins in the garage but ended up spending 4hrs cos the car wouldnt move.
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by cardoctor(m): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2013
adanny01:

I thought there is an adjustment but the mechanic told me not and tried to bleed air. The clutch stopped working altogether after bleeding. There was no leakage whatsoever.

I didnt anticipate spending 20mins in the garage but ended up spending 4hrs cos the car wouldnt move.

Are you sure your mechanic knows what he's doing?
Re: My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning by BE811APP: 10:11am On Aug 23, 2013
I had d same problm with d Rover I was using some yrs bck...

Its nt all abut changing d upper clutch..
Change d Lower one too...

Den make sure u remove d air in it.. Dats d Bleeding... Some1 mentioned above...

By d way its sooooo frustrating evry mrng to see it flat... I feel ur pain!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? / Nigerian Automakers Struggle With Electric Vehicle Evolution / 2007/08 Lexus GS 350 And 2008 Mercedes-benz C300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.