Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Organised Religion: A Failure! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Organised Religion: A Failure! (433 Views)

Science And Religion - A Conflict Or Harmony? / Is Religion A Hoax? - Watch the "truth" about The Greatest Story Ever Told / Is Religion A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Organised Religion: A Failure! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
The leaders are a reflection of the people... Many of you reading this would do the same thing you accuse "the corrupt leaders" of doing if you find yourself in similar positions... It is just normal for the poor to despise the rich and expect the government to do everything for them!!!
Today, we have more churches in Nigeria than at any other time in our history and than in any other part of the world. Mosques too can be found on most major streets in the North and Middle belt. Yet, tHe evil and injustice in our country is at an all-time-high. I always wonder: How can a religion-loving, love-preaching, peace-seeking country be filled with so much evil?
I have lost faith in organised religion because almost every Nigerian today identifies with one form of organised religion so, the same people that pray the longest in the church and fast the longest in the mosque are the same people that occupy every corner of the country... From gatemen to CEOs of companies to students to the president...
"There is Hope still" I tell myself. But is there ?
I fear the next generation, the so-called leaders of tomorrow will be worse than the present generation.
Organised Religion has failed...
I believe so much in God and I “now he watches over us. I also know he is a supreme being with high regards for principles and natural laws...
Just as you can't plant yam and reap oranges, you can't sow evil, greed, injustice and reap love, peace, and unity.. #JustAThought
Re: Organised Religion: A Failure! by plaetton: 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
From your post, what stands obvious is that humans are the masters of their destiny, and therefore create the type of world they choose, not god, not the devil.
Also, it is a very false assumption that religions are designed for the good of society. Religious elites are part and parcel of the rapacious power structures that compete for the scarce resources of the world.
There is no evidence that the founders of the world's dominant religions had any altruistic motives, other than to create their own mini empires.
So, religion has not failed those who benefit from it. It only failed you because you false expectations about its basic foundations.

(1) (Reply)

Through The Storm / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? / Pope Named Most Influential Twitter Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.