Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson (39414 Views)

Jermaine Jackson & Lola "Omotayo" Okoye Are Age Mates - Fan Tells Peter Okoye / Lola Omotayo & Kids With Jermaine Jackson (photos) / Jermaine Jackson Thanks P-Square For Their Tribute To Michael Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by justsayemma(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2013
thriz:
YOUR SENSE OF REASONING, IS WACK , MY ADVICE TO YOU HATER IS TO LOCATE THE NEAREST NEPA TRANSFORMER AND ROMANCE IT

Can't u say something new? Aint u tired of dis nonsense u just wrote,its childish my dear,learn how 2 add more pages,2 ur 1 page word bank.its my opinion I wrote,n u sound so dumb,2 prove that m wrong.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by ocheejemb: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2013
lexyking: I'm still trying to figure out what brought MJ's picture into the video of this song as no mention of. Him was made in the song but now I know they used it as a selling point to get some attention from the states. My advise to them is to be 100% real and create a niche for themselves rather than chosing to walk in someone else's shadow cos the truth be said they can never really be taken as MJ's prodigy

The awkward moment when you give advice to Africa's most successful musical act. Yup, they really need your words of wisdom sir.

3 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by ocheejemb: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
...looook at this 2 skinny ugly MTV MIchael Jacksin wanna-be who cant sing?..they need to quit music & look for berrra englsh teacher to help there english graaaamar....we dont even rate them hear in London (no oofense)) angry

The awkward moment when this illiterate talks about grammar, not on your life with that spelling mate. They sell out shows in London, dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by wazobiaN9(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2013
lexyking: I'm still trying to figure out what brought MJ's picture into the video of this song as no mention of. Him was made in the song but now I know they used it as a selling point to get some attention from the states. My advise to them is to be 100% real and create a niche for themselves rather than chosing to walk in someone else's shadow cos the truth be said they can never really be taken as MJ's prodigy

COMMON SENSE MODE ACTIVATED....

1. 'Twas a tribute, and the video was a fantastic package
2. A picture speaks more than a thousand words.. their actions (dance steps) sef talk
3. It's never an offense to quote or copy someone unless it's a bad quote. Who better to quote than the 'king of pop'??!!
4. This is P-square's style from the word go if you know em at all... they cannibalize lyrics and dance steps... also have some original songs... its a hybrid style that has placed 'em in the pinnacle of music in Africa... it's so foolhardy and ludicrous to ask em to change a winning formula!!!
5. Common sense no common again!

4 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by seangy4konji: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2013
Plenty Mad men full Nairaland...dem no deh like see or hear good thing.

1 Like

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2013

Na you sabi. I liked the video. Btw, how many songs and videos have been shot in memory of specific individuals that had their names mentioned in the song? Bone Thugs and Harmony's "Crossroads" was for Easy E, Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" for his late son, Kelly Roawland's "Stole" for Aaliyah, Richard Marx's "Calling You", Justin Timberlakes's "Mirrors" about his grand parents, Elton's "Candle In the Wind" to Lady Diana, PDiddy's "I'll be Missing You" for Biggie and countless others.
In addition,you need to check your Dico for the meaning of the word "Prodigy" biko! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2013
wazobia_N9:

COMMON SENSE MODE ACTIVATED....

1. 'Twas a tribute, and the video was a fantastic package
2. A picture speaks more than a thousand words.. their actions (dance steps) sef talk
3. It's never an offense to quote or copy someone unless it's a bad quote. Who better to quote than the 'king of pop'??!!
4. This is P-square's style from the word go if you know em at all... they cannibalize lyrics and dance steps... also have some original songs... its a hybrid style that has placed 'em in the pinnacle of music in Africa... it's so foolhardy and ludicrous to ask em to change a winning formula!!!
5. Common sense no common again!

Thank you jare
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2013
REALITY101: Lol wait! I saw this same thread on homepage few minutes ago by a different poster. So Mukina have it closed to put this one up here?

https://www.nairaland.com/1371369/jermaine-jackson-thanks-p-square-tribute#down

*cough*

Btw dude is so irrelevant with his pot belle. He look so unhealthy

Revolva:

thats what nairaland mod do..they snatch members post...and post and push to front page...na wa ooo!! ontop where they have more chances than mebers they still cheat members..sha abi na jealousy....

This thread was created at 7:51 24 July 2013. The thread started by Laila Ikeji was created at 9:34pm on the same day. The newer thread was locked.

1 Like

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by redcliff: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2013

[size=14pt]what niche do you want them to carve again my brother? releasing 5 successful albums in 10years is not carving niche? Go and sitdown abeg. whatever they have done, either they copied, stole or imitated something or someone else, in the history of nigerian music, P-square would never be forgotten. I don't want to go down the tribal route but I am sure their tribe is a major reason why people castigate them all the time. Afterall, Chris Brown did something similar in the song "she ain't you". Tell your story to Weird Al-Yankovic who is worth $10m by merely singing your songs word for word.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by MrCork: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2013
oche_ejemb:

The awkward moment when this illiterate talks about grammar, not on your life with that spelling mate. They sell out shows in London, dumbass.

...which London?... P.Sqqquure impress u peoople in Nigeria with breakdance in 2013 AN u tink they are Michael Jacksin??...brother,u peple are bakward..truly and truly.. i can help them improve ther swaaaga coz ama Londoner..we look down om people like them coz they usualy work in barber shop(no oofeinse) angry
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by oluking: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

...which London?... P.Sqqquure impress u peoople in Nigeria with breakdance in 2013 AN u tink they are Michael Jacksin??...brother,u peple are bakward..truly and truly.. i can help them improve ther swaaaga coz ama Londoner..we look down om people like them coz they usualy work in barber shop(no oofeinse) angry

You get serious Bad belle you need beta JEDIJEDI undecided

1 Like

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Roon9(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2013
ebamma: i no go lie alingo and personally are wack songs but personally's video was tight, and to add to that if jermain jackson really wants to see a nigga who dances like Mj he should visit the next calabar christmas festival and watch a guy called african michael jackson

Yea! Dey av seen him ( I mean d jackson brodas)
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by thriz: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2013
justsayemma:

Can't u say something new? Aint u tired of dis nonsense u just wrote,its childish my dear,learn how 2 add more pages,2 ur 1 page word bank.its my opinion I wrote,n u sound so dumb,2 prove that m wrong.
NICE TO NOTE THAT THE COMMENT MADE AN IMPACT ON A SLOWPOKE. NEXT TIME YOU WILL PROBABLY PUT YOUR BRAIN TO BETTER USE.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Seequadry(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=0key]The song and video is very good. It has over a million
YouTube views within 4 weeks, and still waxing strong.
More commendations will be coming with time.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by ekazulu: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

Londoner, plz work on your spelling. Its embarrassing...

2 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by born9ice: 10:58am On Jul 25, 2013
Personally, personally was just a kool murder of what we call allitration in literature. But the video is so koooooool.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by otunlexy(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2013
Gbam!!!
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by hybeekay9: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote][/quote]
Ahh bad belle! Didnt they tried, @ least dey did dier best n used it 2 pay tribute 4 d late 1. Pple wil respect dem 4 diz in d whole world.
Them don make dier money oo, sit down dere tongue

1 Like

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2013
howfarwhatagwan:

You don't have to be so critical all the time. You didn't hear his name but you saw his moves. Common learn to appreciate people's hard work. Are you 100% real yourself? They never asked to be taken as MJ's prodigy if you have followed their music history you will know form time that they have always loved MJ. I can bet 90% that your criticisms are based on some typical Nigerian sentiments.

What exactly do you mean by ''typical Nigerian sentiments''? That's a very stupi.d and stereotypical remark. People like you need to get rid of your anti-Nigerianism and inferiority complex and quit making an embarrassment of yourselves.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by MrCork: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2013
...p squuurw are a illerate that cant sell record...pirrriod!! angry
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Chongaiman: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2013

MJ was their role model. Do you remember their words, ". . .Twelve years ago when we started dancing; Imitating, miming Michael Jackson; They used to call us Paul and Peter. . ." in 'Story'? See where they are to-day. In the world of entertainment, you'll come across terms like tribute, homage, pastiche and parody which are in reference to persons or previous works. 'Personally' is P-Square's tribute to their role model.

If MJ's sibling appreciates the tribute, who are we to condemn it? If there was a dislike button, you for hear am. grin BTW there is a world of difference between prodigy and progeny.

2 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Lakayanah: 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Tolexander: Wao Jarmaine Jackson of the
Jackson 5 of motown!

What about Jackie, Tito, Marlon
and Randy?

go their house you go see them.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by zada(m): 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sometimes I jus wonder if we really appreciate ourselfs as Nigeria. PSQUARE did justice to that song it was strictly for nigerians and other african nations who loved them. If one of the jacksons appreciated them is b'cos he saw something unique and genuine in that song and video. PSQUARE handled the dance steps jus as MJ did, even a foreign artist like USHER wldn't hve done better. So we shld appreciate wat is good and not all dis them(PSQUARE) living in someones shadow. Let me ask some of us are we not living in other peoples shadow,behaving and learning from our fathers alone is living and even dieing in their shadows. PSQUARE as a group are doing well in their career especially dis days that most Nigerian artist cannot kip their temple interms of good albums. Kudos to the twin and their brother Judee Engees.

3 Likes

Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by iamdsam: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice one. I love the appreciation from him. Good one for P-Square
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by paris10: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Personally, I dont like the lyrics and rhythm... too awkward and babyish. The video is nice though.
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by drnairalov: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
azing i watch d personally video everyday..u ve no idea how it feels when u v a great idol like Mj. he has been my idol rut frm 3yrs old.. i ve all his albums; am his best fan in d world guess dazzling y he died on ma birthday..cos of d love i ve for him; my first male child wyd be called Micheal.

P'square thumbs up mehn...u killed that song! nice concept...haterz keep hating
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by kelvinnn(m): 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
They really deserve it, those guys are just too good
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by Toble: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
But as anyone listen to the beat of the song 'personally'very well? It sounds like my oga at the top remix...heheheh
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by gandyluv(f): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
..........cant u c dat it was his dance d use dats y his pic is dia
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by enioladeran: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
guys stop for a minue on your hating and watch d vedio again cos i had mj brother saying "insha-Allah" or am i wrong.

chiii dis guy na nigga muslim ooo!
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by dnawah(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
i no blame them bc M.J himself no pull the ladder,after he must have climbed up.y them no go climb up?(am not their fan)
Re: Jermaine Jackson Praises P-square's "Personally" Tribute To Michael Jackson by kings(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
Joavid:
dazall!
I THINK DEY DID WHOT DEY TO BE PRAISED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falz Caims To Be 28 On His PVC, Fans React (Photo) / Fan Gave Phyno A Portrait In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Ngozi Nwosu Hits The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.