Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,888 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Choice Of Engine Oil ? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Choice Of Engine Oil ? (18179 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre / Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by tsiriman(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
I have been using Mobil1 0W40 but I plan to change by my next oil change.

I am planning to order one of the 2 below for my 2008 honda accord but I haven't decided which one yet. I already have the Mobil1 extended performance filter.
My mileage is 140k.

Any advice on which I should go for?

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by anneki(m): 11:40am On Aug 09, 2014
Recommended Oil viscosity for 2008 Accord is :-

2.0L - 5w-30
2.4L - 5w-20 / 5w-30
3.5L - 5w-20
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by timsobj: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
It's always adviceable to stick to car manufacturers' Lub specs. Note that addition of The Latest Breakthrough in Lubrication Technology products -Green Engine Revolution to oil during services will protect the engine by reducing friction upto at-least 95%, thus reduces wear & tear, heat, drags & fuel consumption. That is, improved overall engine performance. Extended service intervals upto 3-4 times, protects engine during sudden loss of lubricants. For more information, visit: www.greenenginerevolution.com or call 08033527026.
See pictures below:

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by tsiriman(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
anneki: Recommended Oil viscosity for 2008 Accord is :-

2.0L - 5w-30
2.4L - 5w-20 / 5w-30
3.5L - 5w-20

Thank you.
Mine is a 2.4L, I'll go for 5w-20
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Intoxyka: Hello guys,

This has been very insightful. But please, if you were to recommend a particular engine oil for any car which will it be and why?
Also which is the worst type of engine oil to use?

Please let us mention names of brands o.... make our cars no go kpafuka!

Thanks
Your question need to be specific as different cars have different engine oil specification. Get the spec recommended for your car specs and make sure it's synthetic as they last longer and don't break down easily. There are many good brand from castrol, quaker state(shell), mobil 1, total e.t.c To avoid buying fakes, it's ideal to buy from the petrol station.

Also ensure you buy an original oil filter, if possible from the car dealer e.g honda place, stallion for hyundai, elizade for toyota e.t.c. The filter is as important as the engine oil itself.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
tsiriman:

Thank you.
Mine is a 2.4L, I'll go for 5w-20

I av d mobil 1 5w-20. Just one left. More on d way. Contact 08053250698.

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by anneki(m): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
You can get 5w-20 or 5w-30 from several online sites. Konga and Webmallng are 2 of them.

You can also click on one of the banners here to see a full list of 5w-20 and 5w-30 dealers.

Some will even deliver to you if you are in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 14, 2014
anneki: You can get 5w-20 or 5w-30 from several online sites. Konga and Webmallng are 2 of them.

You can also click on one of the banners here to see a full list of 5w-20 and 5w-30 dealers.

Some will even deliver to you if you are in Lagos

Btw, mine is mobil1 fully synthetic. Not semi-syntethic
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by fidelio2002: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2014
The 5w20 And 5w30 milemaster sold on konga are all fully synthetic products.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2014
fidelio2002: The 5w20 And 5w30 milemaster sold on konga are all fully synthetic products.

do ur research. its semi syntethic. mile master don't make fully syntethic. forget what some people are posting online that they sell. except if they only make the fully syntethic for nigerian market and its not on their website. any fully syntethic oil will be written on the container. thats not the case with mile master. you can enlighten me with proofs. i av my own proof in the screenshot below. its called syntethic blend but it doesn't show the % of syntethic to conventional oil that is being blended. mobil1 is fully syntethic.

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by anneki(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2014
Your car owners manual is clear on the type and viscosity required for your vehicle. The car manufacturers know better than us. Some cars require Full Synthetic. Others do not. Nothing wrong to use full synthetic where it is not required. Also nothing wrong with using conventional or semi synthetic if the car does not require full synthetic.

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2014
anneki: Your car owners manual is clear on the type and viscosity required for your vehicle. The car manufacturers know better than us. Some cars require Full Synthetic. Others do not. Nothing wrong to use full synthetic where it is not required. Also nothing wrong with using conventional or semi synthetic if the car does not require full synthetic.

exactly. but not telling a customer he is paying for full syntethic while he is not. let them know what they are paying for.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by anneki(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2014
fidelio2002: The 5w20 And 5w30 milemaster sold on konga are all fully synthetic products.

Just saw that there is a MileMaster deal on Webmallng. You can buy 4 gallons @ N26000 and pay N500 as shipping. That translates to N6625 for a 5qt gallon that costs N7100 on Konga before delivery charges are added. Not bad if you need 4 gallons or there are 4 of you that can combine.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by IdaraCHODB(m): 4:57am On Aug 17, 2014
tsiriman: I have been using Mobil1 0W40 but I plan to change by my next oil change.

I am planning to order one of the 2 below for my 2008 honda accord but I haven't decided which one yet. I already have the Mobil1 extended performance filter.
My mileage is 140k.

Any advice on which I should go for?

5w - 20 more about fuel economy
5w - 30 more about engine protection than fuel economy
i'd go for the 5w - 30 extended performance, its as good as the 0w -40 if not better

http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/

I read in several places that the Group IV base oils (0w - 40 and 5w-30 extended performance belong here) are better than the Group III base oils (seems the ordinary Mobil 1 5w - 20/30 fall into this class, and if care is not taken even the Milemaster, not confirmed but it seems very likely)

Please go 5w - 30 Extended Performance.

If Trac where online I am sure he could throw more light on the Group III/Group IV base oils or you could do your own research
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by bimbor(m): 7:20am On Aug 17, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

5w - 20 more about fuel economy
5w - 30 more about engine protection than fuel economy
i'd go for the 5w - 30 extended performance, its as good as the 0w -40 if not better

http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/

I read in several places that the Group IV base oils (0w - 40 and 5w-30 extended performance belong here) are better than the Group III base oils (seems the ordinary Mobil 1 5w - 20/30 fall into this class, and if care is not taken even the Milemaster, not confirmed but it seems very likely)

Please go 5w - 30 Extended Performance.

If Trac where online I am sure he could throw more light on the Group III/Group IV base oils or you could do your own research

@Idara is Milemaster a synthetic oil?, presently that is what I use for my recently acquired 2008 Toyota Camry. I use it along with the Denso OEM Filter.
Please can you shed more light on it?
Thanks
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 17, 2014
bimbor:

@Idara is Milemaster a synthetic oil?, presently that is what I use for my recently acquired 2008 Toyota Camry. I use it along with the Denso OEM Filter.
Thanks

It is not a full synthetic oil. It is semi synthetic(aka synthetic blend). This pic below is an example of full syntethic. U can check their main website for more info on milemaster

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2014
which particular product of Milemaster? I want to assume it has to be either the 5w - 20 or 5w - 30 which means its a synthetic blend which makes me strongly suspect its a Group III base oil. See proof that it is a blend at the link in the comment just above mine.

Given a choice between Synthetic and Synthetic blend, I would go Synthetic any day any time.

I have run conventional until my vehicle warned me that the oil wasn't protecting the engine, but i have used synthetic 2 or 3 times as long without issue. To be honest I haven't run a blend but everything I have read/experienced points to the superiority of synthetic and the need to be absolutely sure you are buying a full synthetic not a partial synthetic aka blend

If I were you I would be more comfortable with oils with guaranteed protection - Mobil1 Extended performance is guaranteed to 15,000 miles, Amsoil Synthetic Signature is guaranteed to either 15,000 miles or 25,000 miles depending on application

I haven't used a Denso Oil Filter but one cannot fault the quality of their manufacturing but I prefer long distance filters, see a discussion on filters here: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-parts-accessories/172057-best-oil-filter-3.html. I personally use Bosch DistancePlus although Mobil1 Extended Performance Oil Filters should be just as good

Extract from Mobil1 FAQ on the Extended Performance oil:

Why should I consider using Mobil 1™ Extended Performance?

Mobil 1 Extended Performance is a synthetic oil designed to keep your engine running like new even during today’s longer service intervals. With Mobil 1 Extended Performance synthetic motor oil, you get proven protection up to 15,000 miles, guaranteed. It’s our most advanced full synthetic formulation and offers outstanding all-around protection that outperforms our conventional oils, synthetic blends, and regular full-synthetic motor oils.

What is the difference between Mobil 1™ Extended Performance and Mobil 1?

Mobil 1 Extended Performance has an even more robust formula that has been proven in extensive field tests to help protect critical engine parts for 15,000 miles between oil changes. Guaranteed. We’ve selected specific synthetic components to deliver this outstanding level of performance.

Extract from Amsoil Synthetic Oil Page:

AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil delivers extraordinary lubrication in all types of automotive gasoline engines. By combining industry-premier synthetic technology with AMSOIL premium additives, Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil exceeds the higher performance demands of modern engines. It withstands the stress of higher horsepower, higher heat and complicated emissions control systems. Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is engineered to outperform competitive conventional and synthetic motor oils. It delivers long-lasting performance and protection.

AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API-qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL, the First in Synthetics®, to do the best job protecting your engine.

Extends Drain Intervals
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil can extend drain intervals far beyond those recommended for conventional oils. Its unique synthetic formulation and long-drain additive system are inherently stable to resist oxidation and neutralize acids over longer periods. Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is designed to deliver the best possible engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended drain intervals. It reduces vehicle maintenance and waste oil disposal costs.

Oil Filter
Any brand of oil filter may be used with Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil. For maximum convenience, however, use an AMSOIL Ea® Oil Filter. Made of fully synthetic media with greater filtering efficiency and dirt-holding capacity than conventional filters, Ea Oil Filters are recommended for 25,000 miles/12 months or 15,000 miles/12 months, depending on application, which coincides with Signature Series' once-a-year drain interval. While Signature Series' 12-month service life remains intact if a non-Ea Oil Filter is used, the filter must be changed according to its manufacturer's recommendations.

Maximizes Fuel Economy
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is designed to maximize energy efficiency for improved fuel economy. Unlike conventional oils, its uniform molecular structure helps it flow more freely and reduce friction between metal surfaces. Anti-friction additives are included to further improve energy efficiency.

Reduces Engine Wear
Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil provides outstanding anti-wear protection. It has excellent viscosity film strength to separate metal surfaces and robust anti-wear additives to further reduce wear in metal-to-metal contact regions for improved engine life.

Reduces Oil Consumption and Emissions
Volatility (burn-off) occurs when oil gets hot, causing high oil consumption and emissions. AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil exhibits an extremely low volatility rate; it controls volatility-related oil consumption and emissions.

Excels in Extreme Temperatures
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil resists thermal (heat) breakdown better than conventional oils. It is heavily fortified with detergent and dispersant additives to help prevent sludge deposits and keep engines clean. And unlike conventional oils, Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil contains no wax, staying fluid in the coldest winter temperatures for easier starting, improved oil flow and reduced bearing wear.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

5W-30 (ASL): API SN (Resource Conserving), SM…; ILSAC GF-5, GF-4…; ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1; Ford WSS-M2C946-A, WSS-M2C929-A; Chrysler MS-6395; GM dexos1™ (supersedes LL-A-025, 6094M and 4718M) Fortified with detergents that exceed dexos1™ sulfated ash specifications.

COMPATIBILITY
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is compatible with other conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil’s life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL synthetic motor oils.

SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline-fueled vehicles as follows:

Normal Service(3) – Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
Severe Service(4) – Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
In all non-gasoline-fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.

*OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer

(1) Engines operating under modified conditions (non-stock) are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.

(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak or consume excessive amounts of oil, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak antifreeze and have properly working emissions control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.

(3) Personal vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16 km) at a time and not operating under severe service.

(4) Turbo/supercharged engines, commercial or fleet vehicles, excessive idling, vehicles with more than 100,000 miles without prior continuous use of AMSOIL motor oil, daily short-trip driving less than 10 miles (16 km), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition driving.

AMSOIL Ea® Full-Flow Oil Filters are designed for extended change intervals. They stop smaller particles, flow more oil and last longer than regular filters. For best performance, use AMSOIL Ea Full-Flow Oil Filters.

It is normal for vehicles to use some oil between oil changes. Check your oil regularly to ensure your oil remains at a safe level.

Note: I have heard good about Pennzoil Platinum and Royal Purple but I haven't spent the time to research either brand. The moral: there might be oils around that are as good as the two brands hughlighted above, e.g., Castrol but I am not competent to speak on them since I haven't done the time
bimbor:

Thanks
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by talk2odim: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2014
tumababa:

I av d mobil 1 5w-20. Just one left. More on d way. Contact 08053250698.

Hello how much is the Mobil 5W-20 full synthetic oil.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2014
talk2odim:

Hello how much is the Mobil 5W-20 full synthetic oil.

12k 4.83litres

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by kc007(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2014
I presently use recommended engine oil grade on 2001 year model of Audi a4 but notice shortage. The manual said 0 - 30 was first used in the engine, but 5-30 or 5-40 can be used. I found Forte Synth10000 with 5-40 grade & used it. The car's mileage is 190k+. presently the oil change in early April has covered about 2,250 miles,between that period & now there has been additional 1litre oil to achieve normal gauge .
There are oil stains noticed around the engine body but not to extent of dropping on the ground.
My question is, in view of the high mileage & oil shortage, do i switch to conventional oil? or are there other possible causes of the shortage?
Meanwhile the vehicle doesn't smoke.
Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by anneki(m): 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
For those who are interested Mobil 1 5W-30 is available for sale @ N1500 per litre. The sellers number is 08029990070. I just saw his ad on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/olufemi.adekunle.9?fref=ts

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
^^^^^Maybe you should try him first. That price sounds too good to be true. Not even in us will u buy 1 quartz mobil1 for 1500( except u go to store to pickup) not to talk of shipping weight and logistics.

maybe he didn't bring it in from usa. Or has china started producing oil for mobil? Just curious.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
kc007: I presently use recommended engine oil grade on 2001 year model of Audi a4 but notice shortage. The manual said 0 - 30 was first used in the engine, but 5-30 or 5-40 can be used. I found Forte Synth10000 with 5-40 grade & used it. The car's mileage is 190k+. presently the oil change in early April has covered about 2,250 miles,between that period & now there has been additional 1litre oil to achieve normal gauge .
There are oil stains noticed around the engine body but not to extent of dropping on the ground.
My question is, in view of the high mileage & oil shortage, do i switch to conventional oil? or are there other possible causes of the shortage?
Meanwhile the vehicle doesn't smoke.
Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Where are the oil stains noticed aka found? Close to seals? if yes, purchase and replace the seals and the leaks will stop. If its around the drain plug, tighten it. Check all the other bolts around the engine

I do not recommend conventional oil if synthetic oil can serve the application.

I hope this helps you: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-fix-oil-leak.html
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by kc007(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Where are the oil stains noticed aka found? Close to seals? if yes, purchase and replace the seals and the leaks will stop. If its around the drain plug, tighten it. Check all the other bolts around the engine

I do not recommend conventional oil if synthetic oil can serve the application.

I hope this helps you: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-fix-oil-leak.html
Thanks, I will check it out.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by appleshop: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
After reading this thread this is my understanding so far.

Synthetic oils are superior to semi-synthetic which are in turn superior to conventional. The cars that require full synthetic whether it is 5w-20 or 5w-30 will have it stated in the owners manual. There is no harm in using full synthetic even if your car does not require it.

Lets now look at the mathematics. Does the performance gap btw conventional oil and full synthetic warrant the use of full synthetic ? Does the performance gap between semi-synthetic and full synthetic warrant the use of full synthetic?

Full Synthetic oils whether Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil 1, etc comes at a bit of a premium in this country. We have someone offering 4.83 litres for sale @ N12000 even though same thing is US$22.66 @ Walmart Stores. My guess is that he probably is air freighting it and paying over $40+ as freight charges alone and so i can understand why he is suspicious of someone offering same thing @ N7000. Even at that wouldn't conventional or semi synthetic make better financial sense especially if your car does not require full synthetic?

I ask these questions because i find that a lot of people recommended panadol extra when normal panadol is sufficient.

The American Petroleum Institute has stated on several occasions that performance gaps across oil types today are not as wide as they were 20 years ago. The same amount being spent on Full Synthetic is sufficient to purchase conventional / semi-synthetic oil, oil filter, and tickets for 2 to watch a movie if we look as tumababa's asking price of N12000.

Anyone reading this has access to the internet. Conduct your research yourself. Learn about the different oil types and then decide where you should fall in.

On a closing note we should refrain from confusing / comparing Mobil 1 Extended Performance with Mobil 1. Mobil 1 does not last 15,000miles. Mobil 1 extended performance does.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
appleshop: After reading this thread this is my understanding so far.

Synthetic oils are superior to semi-synthetic which are in turn superior to conventional. The cars that require full synthetic whether it is 5w-20 or 5w-30 will have it stated in the owners manual. There is no harm in using full synthetic even if your car does not require it.

Lets now look at the mathematics. Does the performance gap btw conventional oil and full synthetic warrant the use of full synthetic ? Does the performance gap between semi-synthetic and full synthetic warrant the use of full synthetic?

Full Synthetic oils whether Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil 1, etc comes at a bit of a premium in this country. We have someone offering 4.83 litres for sale @ N12000 even though same thing is US$22.66 @ Walmart Stores. My guess is that he probably is air freighting it and paying over $40+ as freight charges alone and so i can understand why he is suspicious of someone offering same thing @ N7000. Even at that wouldn't conventional or semi synthetic make better financial sense especially if your car does not require full synthetic?

I ask these questions because i find that a lot of people recommended panadol extra when normal panadol is sufficient.

The American Petroleum Institute has stated on several occasions that performance gaps across oil types today are not as wide as they were 20 years ago. The same amount being spent on Full Synthetic is sufficient to purchase conventional / semi-synthetic oil, oil filter, and tickets for 2 to watch a movie if we look as tumababa's asking price of N12000.

Anyone reading this has access to the internet. Conduct your research yourself. Learn about the different oil types and then decide where you should fall in.

On a closing note we should refrain from confusing / comparing Mobil 1 Extended Performance with Mobil 1. Mobil 1 does not last 15,000miles. Mobil 1 extended performance does.

very few cars (don't really know one right now) requires a full synthetic oil. i purchased the oil in bulk because of users want mobil1 full syntethic but d only choice they see around is 0w-40. I'm not saying its compulsory to use.

it all depends on what u feel comfortable with.

also concerning d price at walmart. how do u buy d 100 pcs 5quartz oil from walmart from nigeria at $26 each? is it shipped free to ur location in usa? and after getting to ur us address, how much do u think u can ship thru container to nigeria.

fyi, i buy my goods with my money directly from nigeria and i plan to sell to who can afford it. if someone is selling d same product at a price far less than MY COST price, i think i need to be curious. intact if its genuine,i will rather buy from him than go thru the stress of shipping it in. i still doubt the product though.

also i will rather buy conventional oil to semi-syntethic cos i don't know d %composition of the conventional/syntethic that was mixed...
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by appleshop: 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ Tumababa

I wasnt my intention to call you out.

I have come across people who sell conventional oil @ N3000 per litre so if you are selling synthetic at N2400 per litre you are definitely adding value. But herein lies the problem. Other people are doing exactly what you do just slightly cheaper because they place their items in a container containing cars. Upon arrival the car owner ends up clearing both the car and the oils without knowing. If you have ever witnessed containers being offloaded you will see what i mean. The agents always empty the container before the owner arrives.

As i stated earlier your costs are high as so therefore your selling price will equally be high. The contact details of your competitor have already been provided by a nairalander. You might want to touch base with him to see how he is able to control his own costs and sell at nearly half your price. He sells in 5 litre jugs and not 1 litre bottles.

On a closing note you seem to prefer either full synthetic or conventional but not something in-between simply because you are unaware of the percentage composition of the final product. Can it be worse that any of the 2 types of oil it was made from? Warm water cannot be worse than Hot or Cold water.
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Okay.there u av a point. Thank you
Re: Choice Of Engine Oil ? by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
appleshop: @ Tumababa

I wasnt my intention to call you out.

I have come across people who sell conventional oil @ N3000 per litre so if you are selling synthetic at N2400 per litre you are definitely adding value. But herein lies the problem. Other people are doing exactly what you do just slightly cheaper because they place their items in a container containing cars. Upon arrival the car owner ends up clearing both the car and the oils without knowing. If you have ever witnessed containers being offloaded you will see what i mean. The agents always empty the container before the owner arrives.

As i stated earlier your costs are high as so therefore your selling price will equally be high. The contact details of your competitor have already been provided by a nairalander. You might want to touch base with him to see how he is able to control his own costs and sell at nearly half your price. He sells in 5 litre jugs and not 1 litre bottles.

On a closing note you seem to prefer either full synthetic or conventional but not something in-between simply because you are unaware of the percentage composition of the final product. Can it be worse that any of the 2 types of oil it was made from? Warm water cannot be worse than Hot or Cold water.

Hi there, I like the cool, calm and collected manner of putting your point across. You are really a nice guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Volkswagen Set To Retire The Beetles Model In 2019 / Innoson Motors To Manufacture Nigerian Army Vehicles / Tinting Car Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.