Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,318 members, 7,864,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

Lastma And Police: To Trap Or Help Motorists? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma And Police: To Trap Or Help Motorists? (419 Views)

LASTMA And Ambode’s Demand For Civility In Traffic Management / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) / Lastma And The Traffic Lights In Maryland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lastma And Police: To Trap Or Help Motorists? by architectB(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello,
Last week we were involved in a terrible incident at Iyana-Iworo and found ourselves totally at the mercy of Lastma officials and the police (our friend indeed).

We dropped off a colleague at Iyana Iworo and were stopped at gun point by a group of Police men. We later found out that our offense was that we dropped off somebody and it was a crime that apparently deserved the same punishment as someone that committed murder.

We tried begging for hours but they refused to budge until our colleague also got angry when the policemen started getting violent with us even though we remained civil all along.
They went as far as using their gun butt to hit me on the stomach and when we threatened to make some calls the policeman that was most violent started shouting that nobody can do anything to him; My name is BRIGHT AIGBOGUN (THAT IS ACTUALLY HIS NAME BY THE WAY) an Ishan man, nobody can do anything to me.

So if you know any BRIGHT AIGBOGUN, tall, dark police officer, just know he goes about in the company of some other police men hitting innocent citizens with his gun butt.

We had to plead with our colleague to calm down because it was almost getting to the point where they will shoot and claim we were thieves.

LASTMA officials came and compounded everything cos b4 we cud say Jack, their Tow truck was there and when we refused to "cooperate" as law abiding citizens they insisted on towing the car, which they did eventually after purposely destroying the bumper.

At the end of the day, my colleague's car was impounded for almost a week because we dropped off somebody and refused to bribe the police and LASTMA. We ended up paying N70,000 to get the car.

It begs the question, was LASTMA set up to lay traps in wait for innocent citizens? a simple "pls u cant stop here" wud have solved all the problems but instead they will hide and wait 4 u 2 make d mistake; so that they hv a flimsy reason for xploiting u but God will judge them.

As 4 d police, i have long had d impression that they were armed robbers in uniform and their every action only gives credence to my assertion.
It is a shame that these things happen and the govt of the day does not attempt 2 do anything about it. I feel very sorry for this country, no wonder our citizens abroad choose 2 never come home.

WHAT A SHAME!!!
Re: Lastma And Police: To Trap Or Help Motorists? by architectB(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
pls cud u take this 2 the front page, tnx...

(1) (Reply)

Battle Line Drawn: Reps Oppose Senate, Adopts Removal Of Immunity For President, / Nigerian Transplant Patient Roseline Akhalu Wins Right To Stay In The UK / 2015 ELECTION: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.