Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fantasy Premier League Betting? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fantasy Premier League Betting? (5852 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 12:06am On Aug 03, 2013
Pharoh: 10 days to go before the start of the season or can we always create the league after the start date? well i think its time we start drawing up the list for the Nigerian and abroad group. Let us sort the outstanding issues, decide on proper format to implement and start making the payment to confirm registration.

Abi na fire bridgade approach we one use take start this thing? grin
Looooool to be honest that Paypal is long thing especially for us wey dey Naij! Let the guys in UK run their package while folks in Naija can run theirs

If Naij people are down me I'm down sha 5 to 10 k is affordable I think

Ibime:

Nigga try handing out 9 manager of month awards and PayPal go chop the whole pot in transaction costs.

Ritchboy has laid the format. £50 each, 20 players with end of season prizes for the top 3.

Chamotex should stamp those as final so we can proceed and anybody wey no like am should find his way.

A-40:

If you don see 19 people I would gladly be the 20th.

This idea of chilling till the end with only 3 shots at winning is not going to sit well with lots of fellas
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Pharoh: 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
10 days to go before the start of the season or can we always create the league after the start date? well i think its time we start drawing up the list for the Nigerian and abroad group. Let us sort the outstanding issues, decide on proper format to implement and start making the payment to confirm registration.

Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pharoh: 10 days to go before the start of the season or can we always create the league after the start date? well i think its time we start drawing up the list for the Nigerian and abroad group. Let us sort the outstanding issues, decide on proper format to implement and start making the payment to confirm registration.

They are not serious
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lalaboi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
chamotex:

They are not serious

Instead make una make am ni owo kekere make we fowo sere. grin

50quid ko, egberun lona ogoji ni
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
chamotex:

They are not serious

dude, me don find alternative. All this pussy-footing about is typical of naijas, hence the reason we dont get things done.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/

£25 less and more money to win.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
lalaboi:

Instead make una make am ni owo kekere make we fowo sere. grin

50quid ko, egberun lona ogoji ni

U go volunteer for Naija peeps? make dem send money to your account
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
dare2think:

dude, me don find alternative. All this pussy-footing about is typical of naijas, hence the reason we dont get things done.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/

£25 less and more money to win.

That's for the Sun innit
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lalaboi(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
chamotex:

U go volunteer for Naija peeps? make dem send money to your account

Nahh.. these lot got trust issues lol
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
lalaboi:

Nahh.. these lot got trust issues lol

That's why I don't understand ow they wanted to place a bet in the first place.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by MaziOmenuko: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2013
The idea of waiting till the end of the season (8 long months) before reaping the dividends of your craftiness is discouraging.

You lot should come up with a more flexible system, where a monthly winner has some take home stuff then you count me in.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: The idea of waiting till the end of the season (8 long months) before reaping the dividends of your craftiness is discouraging.

You lot should come up with a more flexible system, where a monthly winner has some take home stuff then you count me in.
I think say na just me! Abeg let's corral everybody interested in the month thing and let's form our own league
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by GDAY(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Guys, Please let me add some few points. I have been involved in this format where a little bit of Salt n Pepper was added to the competition. The Idea is great for folks passionate about Fantasy Football, even EPL has created a different league this season to spice things up a bit (long awaited). First you will have to create a separate League where
Everyone on the list will be participating. Manager of the Month may not Gel (The Admin Process to run this variant would definitely be overwhelming) either a Ratio for 1st three or Winner takes all without considering prisoners after the season ends. TRUSTED Moderator pools the funds together (it's a plus if the moderator is also an active member) and disburse as agreed to Winners. You don't have to wait to register 20 Participants, whatever Numbers you have after deadline stated, after T&Cs have been agreed is good enough. Suggestion to take this forward:

1.Trusted Moderator should be elected and Agreed by ALL
2. League Created/interested parties signify intention to Play
3. Modalities for Pooling Funds should be Agreed
4. A thread created for Bragging Rights and all the hoopla
5. And lets Play Fantasy Fuss-ball

My Opinion.

Thanks
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by MaziOmenuko: 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
I will suggest that chamotex should find someone over here in naija that will set up a platform that will enable interested parties to stake. The person can provide an account where people can pay in money and then make stakes from their funds.
Example, Mr.A can pay in 15k into the said account and may decide to stake 2k from the account in any game week of choice or month of choice. The remaining 13k balance will still be available for putting bets in other gameweeks if he is interested.

The initial bulk payment will reduce the stress of Mr.A going to bank to make a payment each time he wants to place a bet. So we can decide to place bets per week or per month as the case may be.

My 2 cents.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Pharoh: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Inter bank transfer transactions are not free so it will cost extra money to transfer funds to winners per week or per month so lets go with the end of the season winning format. Except the winning team or manager agrees to pay the inter bank transfer charges which is 100 naira i think.

Our problem is more of a trust issue and i don't see why people cannot trust the person in charge right now. I also suggest we do not fix an equal amount, let those who wants to contribute donate whatever they like between 1k to 5k and lets build from there.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lalaboi(m): 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
Interbank transfers are not free? since when

Someone already offered for you guyz to send moneyy to his account and he will transfer the UK equivalent to Chamo! I do not see the need to have 2 different pot holders for the bet.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Pharoh: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
I know it has not always been free but just highlighting it for those who want weekly or monthly prize money instead of going with end of the season winning prizes. I did not understand what that guy said before but if that's the case then lets go with that, agree on a fixed exchange rate and give a deadline to start sending money. It should not be more than next Wednesday so that chamo can take stock and create the league.

So i think everyone should be fine with this then and we can start following the procedure step by step as indicated by Godday
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Are we gonna bet or are you guys gonna keep bullshitting?

Make una do sharply, I wan use A-40 money pop Veuve Cliquot...
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by ritchboy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
I can't believe the shit I'm reading in here. . . Nuccas still penny pinching and requesting the admin's birth certificate before dem place bet! If you have trust issues, go to bet365.com. I don't understand why you'll place a 'bet' and be scared of losing the money.

I also thunk it had been proved beyond reasonable doubt handing out TEN manager of the month prizes would be completely idiotic due to the size of the pot, Paypal shenanigans, and other logistics.

Abeg Chamotex/dare2think proceed with setting up/providing accounts for serious minded individuals to pay into while the birds keep chirping in the background. tongue

Season starts in less than a week.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Vieira(m): 12:01am On Aug 12, 2013
Have we agreed a system of paying yet?
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2013
jackbauersballs: Are we gonna bet or are you guys gonna keep bullshitting?

Make una do sharply, I wan use A-40 money pop Veuve Cliquot...
Shey u dey my head to head league? We kuku fit do so I go use your money drink Belvedere or Uncle Jackie
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 1:34am On Aug 12, 2013
Dare2think has emailed me a Naija account that you guys can pay money to in 9ja...for every 9ja payment, he will give me the equivalent in pounds here.

To make this fast and easy...interested parties should pm me their email addresses+username so I can send them the account details.
I don't want you guys to paste your email addresses on here for private reasons or if you don't mind you could leave it here.

Guys remember we only have one week to go so enough of yarning megedefegede and let's get this ish popping.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2013
which format do you wanna use chamo, am afraid these folks are leaving it too late.

pm me you acct let me put my £50 and others should follow suit.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
dare2think: which format do you wanna use chamo, am afraid these folks are leaving it too late.

pm me you acct let me put my £50 and others should follow suit.

Let them pay up first...we can vote on a format later...if we start deliberating on format now, we will still be here next month talking about format.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by kashmo: 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
It's gone quite here, good lord! The season starts on Saturday, and yet, no compromise could be made to kick start a separate league for parties interested in betting undecided Awon boiz dey para onto say how many dollars/pounds/naira dem wan give away. Smh cheesy
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
kashmo: It's gone quite here, good lord! The season starts on Saturday, and yet, no compromise could be made to kick start a separate league for parties interested in betting undecided Awon boiz dey para onto say how many dollars/pounds/naira dem wan give away. Smh cheesy

Send me an e mail bro, need to ask you something
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by kashmo: 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
chamotex:

Send me an e mail bro, need to ask you something
I replied you back gee! I will resend another one, bro.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Oya if una dey down...There is an alternative for you.

PLAYON

WHAT IS PLAYON?

The concept of PlayON is beautifully simple, although there is a welcome level of depth underpinning the game; a factor that will appeal to the more seasoned Fantasy manager.

You pick a starting eleven from the Premier League squads, limited by a budget of £100 million. There is no restriction on the number of players you can sign from each club and you must build your squad in a 4-4-2 formation. Easy.

The depth comes in when you start to look at player prices. These vary week to week and are based on an algorithm that measures recent performance and adjusts their price accordingly. With a bit of research and knowledge, then, you can easily spot a bargain to hopefully give you an edge. You can resave your team as many times as you want right up to 2 hours before the first kick-off. It’s your last saved team that gets entered into all your games.

Once your team is built, this can then be used to enter a number of multiplayer games or one-on-one challenges. You can play a free multiplayer game without making a deposit or just challenge another player for fun.

Alternatively, you can play for cash. Entering a multiplayer game for a set stake, you’ll have a chance of wining your share of the pot should you finish high enough in the rankings. Similarly, you can challenge another player one-on-one with a slider used to select the amount at stake. The likes of Robbie Fowler, Gareth Southgate and Opta Joe are all playing the game and are there to be challenged.

WHY SHOULD I PLAY?

Apart from the pricing system giving the knowledgeable Fantasy manager an edge, PlayON’s scoring system plays into the hands of those familiar and comfortable with statistics.

While goals, assists and clean sheets all contribute big points to your players’ totals, you also score points for shots on target, saves, interceptions, clearances and tackles. All the data is gathered from Opta so, those Scout visitors who have access to our Members area will have a real edge when it comes to team selection. Using our tables and player comparison tool, you can quickly begin to unearth some gems when you couple this with the player pricing.

The live matchday page is also worth experiencing. Once the matches kick-off, you can watch a live feed of the match events that effect your team with your points totting up as they roll in, vidiprinter style. The standings in your games are also updated live so you can see how you’re faring and if you’re currently in the money.

The game is also developing communities of players, united under their own club. Simply choose the club you wish to represent. Each week you play your team points get added to your club total. In addition, the top points scorer from each club represents the club in the “League of Titans” the following week. Every 10 weeks, the top two teams in each division are promoted and the bottom 2 teams are relegated.

HOW DO I START?

It’s all pretty easy. Register an account at PlayON at www.playon.co.uk. You don’t have to make a deposit as you can play the free multiplayer games without shelling out.

As it is the start of the season, PlayON have an offer for people creating a multiplayer game for their friends – set up a real money game for Gameweek 1 and when 10 people join, PlayON will add a £10 bonus to the pot so everyone benefits.

Chamotex can set it up, and the entry stake. You dont give money to anybody except the payon website. No Paypal. Nothing.

Are you guys down?
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lalaboi(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
I suggest you don post that anymore jack. . . you'll get banned by the spam bot. wait for chamotex, he's gonna sort it out
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by KingBauer: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Man I just tire for the stupid spambot. Seun needs to sort out his algorithm.

Chamo please unban my accounts and unhide my first post. Thanks
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
KingBauer: Man I just tire for the stupid spambot. Seun needs to sort out his algorithm.

Chamo please unban my accounts and unhide my first post. Thanks

Done!
Try not to keep posting if it hides the first one

Forget about this betting stuff..these niggaz are not serious. Its all too late now I think.

In other news, I think we can still bet on a vs basis.
Call out an opponent in a GW and if both managers agree they can bet on who scores the highest point for that week.
Easy and comfortable for everyone... you dont have to bet everyweek, you choose which week you bet and if the opponent agrees...and you can bet against multiple opponents if you wish. Quick money to win and you don't have to wait till end of the season.

So for example, Lalaboi - I challenge you for a bet on GW1...how much are you willing to bet? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Westbrom Vs Manchester City (1 - 3) On 26th December 2014 / England Vs Netherlands (2 - 3) On 29th February 2012 / UCL: Bayer Leverkusen Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 23rd November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.