Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fantasy Premier League Betting? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fantasy Premier League Betting? (5852 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2013
As we all know, a few peeps have suggested to place bets on this coming season's FPL.
Please show your interest if you are up for it with format, suggestions on stakes and quotas etc.

Thanks.

My own personal suggestion is the problem with logistics.
Most of you guys reside in different parts of the world and certain aspects needs to be put into consideration e.g. paypal, bank accounts, exchange rates etc but I'm sure there is a way round it.

For example, I took a bet recently between debosky and dayokanu on the Bayern vs Arsenal champions league match.
Dayokanu paid in dollars and debosky with pounds...PayPal charged a fee and also exchange rate affected the total number of stakes won.

But it's up to you guys...I can set up a private league for the interested parties and distribute the codes when everything is finalised.
Kindly bear in mind we only have a few weeks left before the start of the season so time is crucial...no long deliberation and majority's vote will count.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lalaboi(m): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2013
I support 100%.

Dealing currency in pounds.

Since its the first time we doing this on nairaland i can part with max 20quid. .well, we'll see what others suggest.

format of payment, the monthly and overall payment system people co-signed on the other thread. .

what else?
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by mykali(m): 8:57am On Jul 26, 2013
I'm also in. Just tell me how much of my Nigerian currency I have to part with. And how I'm going to send it across.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2013
I dey bam as well... cool
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2013
I'm with it! Anything between 20-50 quid I.e 5grand to 12.5 grand is ok by me it all boils down to how many people are on board with the idea. We can always decide who wins what when we know how many people dey ground but I suggest 2 options:

Best manager of the month gets a token but winner takes all (bearing in mind there are 8 or 9 months)

No manager gets monthly tokens but the top 3 ninjas get prize money at the end of the season

I think this pretty simple and straight forward there's a little over 3 weeks till season go start so there is ample time to deliberate and decide
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2013
Money through to paypal.

I feel £50 pounds is cool and serious

we need at least 15 participants which is = £750

I'll try to tabulate the prospective monthly and overall prizes based on the above figures.

Chamotex needs to let active participants aware. More people = money = more fun.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2013
Monthly Fixture /Monthly pay based on £50/each participant
August £50
Sept £50
Oct £50
Nov £50
Dec £50
Jan £50
Feb £50
Mar £50
Apr £50
May £50
League winner - £200
Admin - £50

15 Exclusive-serious minded people needed. More ideas welcomed.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 11:55am On Jul 26, 2013
Yea...anything between 20-50 is fine.

But you guys need to remember 9ja participants won't have PayPal access...or do they have now?
I can only do PayPal
Plus PayPal charges and exchange rate meaning you might not get the exact amount of stakes after all the calculations and deduction.
I don't want anyone to come and start yarning thrash about mismanagement of funds in the future.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2013
So far we have 6 people interested
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2013
chamotex: Yea...anything between 20-50 is fine.

But you guys need to remember 9ja participants won't have PayPal access...or do they have now?
I can only do PayPal
Plus PayPal charges and exchange rate meaning you might not get the exact amount of stakes after all the calculations and deduction.
I don't want anyone to come and start yarning thrash about mismanagement of funds in the future.

9ger government style.

Anyway, that is why some amount should be placed for administration!
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
I also took a bet with dayokanu and Ruudie who was in 9ja. Ruudie paid through a friend's PayPal account who was in the UK.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Ibime(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
This would limit the game to those who can afford/want to bet.

My suggestion is that a group of players by mutual agreement each put £100 into a pot, then the top 3 (from those group of players) split the prize money by ratio 60:30:10.

This way we still have a league open to all and sundry, but also stakeholders within that league have an extra caveat.

I suggest myself or Dayokanu to hold the money, as the total sum (estimated £2k - £3k) may be too tempting for Chamotex. cheesy
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by feasy1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
I suggest we stick to the general Nairaland Premier league, to allow everyone to participate and let guys donate 50-100 GBP into the pool.
The prize money can be shared according to the ratio Ibime suggested.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
feasy1: I suggest we stick to the general Nairaland Premier league, to allow everyone to participate and let guys donate 50-100 GBP into the pool.
The prize money can be shared according to the ratio Ibime suggested.

Ibime: This would limit the game to those who can afford/want to bet.

My suggestion is that a group of players by mutual agreement each put £100 into a pot, then the top 3 (from those group of players) split the prize money by ratio 60:30:10.

This way we still have a league open to all and sundry, but also stakeholders within that league have an extra caveat.

I suggest myself or Dayokanu to hold the money, as the total sum (estimated £2k - £3k) may be too tempting for Chamotex. cheesy
Loool naah this na separate league entirely not the general NL league this is strictly for those that want to put money where their mouth is. It can run concurrently with the general league

We can call it Eni ti o ra ankara o le je semo fantasy league grin grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Geefaz(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2013

Am interested in the betting stuff......I will suggest we use the main league with one time betting fee and a deadline for joining with top 3 sharing the prize money.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 4:47am On Jul 27, 2013
We can't use the main league...this is strictly for managers who wants to bet.
Not everyone in the main league is interested.
A league will be created and code sent to participants via email. Probably between 10-20 people max
It's as simple as that.

Let the main league be on its own.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 4:52am On Jul 27, 2013

See this Borokiri boy wan use PDP format for here. You wan hold wetin? grin
I'm tested and trusted bro...ask dayokanu about my track record.

Just drop your stake...no long thing
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Ibime(m): 7:10am On Jul 27, 2013
chamotex:

See this Borokiri boy wan use PDP format for here. You wan hold wetin? grin
I'm tested and trusted bro...ask dayokanu about my track record.

Just drop your stake...no long thing

You are tried and tested with £100

Dem no dey give student £3k to hold. He go convert am into student loan. We've all been students, and students aint credit worthy.

Either find a more credit worthy treasurer or lose participants.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2013
Ibime:

You are tried and tested with £100

Dem no dey give student £3k to hold. He go convert am into student loan. We've all been students, and students aint credit worthy.

Either find a more credit worthy treasurer or lose participants.

Who be student? cheesy
You are trying too hard o...I'm starting to suspect you.
You have a track record of mismanagement of funds.
E be like say Ibime wan use our money clear his debt, bailiffs no wan let you rest. grin

Guys, let me know what you all decide when you are ready.
No time for long deliberation.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2013
Chamo, we have come up with suggestions, it is up for you to let us know which format is convenient for you.

I say, set £50 target and set atleast 15 participants target too. If that is not met, we cancel.

Money paid into a paypal acct. Oveseas folks can use it too. Folks in Nigeria can send money to someone trusted.

I start by saying my £50 is ready. just gimme ur paypal.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2013
dare2think: Chamo, we have come up with suggestions, it is up for you to let us know which format is convenient for you.

I say, set £50 target and set atleast 15 participants target too. If that is not met, we cancel.

Money paid into a paypal acct. Oveseas folks can use it too. Folks in Nigeria can send money to someone trusted.

I start by saying my £50 is ready. just gimme ur paypal.

Serious guy...lets get at least 5 people on board then we start sending money.
My £50 is ready too...but is £50 okay for everyone else?
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by ritchboy(m): 11:06am On Jul 27, 2013
I'm in like Flynn! £50 seems to be the most endorsed so can we consider that settled? If we don't get enough participants by the time the season starts we may have to increase it though. Or accept late comers who have scored big in the first few weeks and start believeing their hype? cheesy

Technically there's no need to create a separate league since everyone is already in the main league, but it would probably make things easier down the line, so let's do that.

I don't support all that weekly/monthly/hourly cash-prize nonsense, it requires a large pool to work and is a logistical nightmare. If you can't wait till the end of the season or just want to make a quick buck go to Paddy Power and bet on Suarez' next club!

For his troubles, the administrator should get a small cut or free entry, whichever he prefers!
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2013
I no get paypal ooh! but I'm in still I guess niggas gotta be creative! 50 quid is ok

The season doesn't start till 3 weeks time so let's get as many people on board as possible and then we can set payment time tables
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Vieira(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
sounds interesting.
count me in once the logisitics have been agreed.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
The idea sounds fine, but PayPal would exclude naija ninjas.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
I think it's better to create a separate league just to make things easier and straight forward.
It won't be associated with the Nairaland name because of oga Seun...we'll have a separate name for the league.

So far we have the following people on board at £50 each:

Dare2think
Chamotex
Ritchboy
A-40
Vieira
Chrisbenogor
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
If someone in 9ja can volunteer to collect stakes for 9ja residents cos of PayPal restrictions.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
chamotex: I think it's better to create a separate league just to make things easier and straight forward.
It won't be associated with the Nairaland name because of oga Seun...we'll have a separate name for the league.

Dare2think
Chamotex
Ritchboy
A-40
Vieira
Chrisbenogor
I don give you name already! Eni ti o ra ankara o le je semo Fantasy League
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
A-40:

I don give you name already! Eni ti o ra ankara o le je semo Fantasy League

I like that name. cheesy
Or 'put your money where your mouth is'
Or 'put up or shut up' grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by omodapson(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
I am interested but na Naija I dey so how do I do Paypal when we no fit access am for naija? sad anybody with a way out...
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lalaboi(m): 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
I am going to 'shut up' on this one.. . not paying no 50quid for someone to chop at the end of season grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Geefaz(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2013
chamotex: I think it's better to create a separate league just to make things easier and straight forward.

Dare2think
Chamotex
Ritchboy
A-40
Vieira
Chrisbenogor
am also in for £50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Westbrom Vs Manchester City (1 - 3) On 26th December 2014 / England Vs Netherlands (2 - 3) On 29th February 2012 / UCL: Bayer Leverkusen Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 23rd November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.