Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? (1387 Views)

How Lucrative Is Programming / Why Is Programming Difficult? / Is Programming A Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Hi all programmers, considering nigeria's economic and living condition, are you programming for passion or the money? what advice do you have for aspiring programmers, should they choose passion over money in considering delving into programming here in Nigeria. Air your views below. Tanx
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Clemzy16(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2013
When i was younger, i used to say i wanted to become a medical doctor because i wants to save lives. But now i know better. Truth is, nobody goes into an occupation cause of passion or whatsoever.. Shey na passion wan put food for ur table. . .

Anyways, incase this thread hits frontpage, i'm first to comment.
*dancing alingo remixed with kukere*
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by elvis10ten(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2013
Clemzy16: When i was younger, i used to say i wanted to become a medical doctor because i wants to save lives. But now i know better. Truth is, nobody goes into an occupation cause of passion or whatsoever.. Shey na passion wan put food for ur table. . .

thats your flawful view of it.
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2013
elvis10ten: thats your flawful view of it.
@elvis please air your own view
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by elvis10ten(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
paddy4destiny: @elvis please air your own view
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by talk2hb1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
For me I'll say both, Passion and Money. The money keep you surviving and the passion help you deliver to your client.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by elvis10ten(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
talk2hb1: For me I'll say both, Passion and Money. The money keep you surviving and the passion help you deliver to your client.
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Ajibel(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
For me i ventured into programming just for the fun of it and i like it at what i'm doing. If the money comes my way via programming, i'd be happy wink

2 Likes

Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Cause of the love i have for it.. Thats enough momentum to push money my way. cool
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Clemzy16: When i was younger, i used to say i wanted to become a medical doctor because i wants to save lives. But now i know better. Truth is, nobody goes into an occupation cause of passion or whatsoever.. Shey na passion wan put food for ur table. . .

Now it won't Hit front page.. angry

BTW, are you are programmer or a medical doctor now? smiley
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by GideonG(m): 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mine is pure passion, but I need money right now. Without passion no body can do programming. Desire to make big money fuels the passion
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Passion is not compulsory, all this passion talks. I believe passion is a motivator just as money, interest, idleness, fear, greed, jealousy, even frustration (can lead to creation of easier solutions) .If you discover you are good at something, develop yourself in that area(s).
I don't think everyone working in the oil industry has passion for it, same with politicians. Although passion makes things easier and makes you patient it is no substitute for hardwork. I believe going the extramile in areas of interest beats passion. I believe in action.

1 Like

Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by elvis10ten(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2013
grin you don't need passion to build a 15k website just hard word. Lmao #true fact
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2013
Good Boi: Passion is not compulsory, all this passion talks. I believe passion is a motivator just as money, interest, idleness, fear, greed, jealousy, even frustration (can lead to creation of easier solutions) .If you discover you are good at something, develop yourself in that area(s).
I don't think everyone working in the oil industry has passion for it, same with politicians. Although passion makes things easier and makes you patient it is no substitute for hardwork. I believe going the extramile in areas of interest beats passion. I believe in action.
interesting
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2013
GideonG: Mine is pure passion, but I need money right now. Without passion no body can do programming. Desire to make big money fuels the passion
in summary, your for the money
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by GideonG(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
paddy4destiny: in summary, your for the money
I don't agree with you. Mine is more of passion because I reject php jobs that will bring money and stick to my Android dev which I'm yet to start making a dime and I am happy about it cos I hav passion.
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by dibazz: 9:09am On Jul 30, 2013
Personally, I would not be programming today if I did not have a passion for it. I became interested in programming long before it became a commercially viable profession in Nigeria. It is passion that has driven me to improve myself in the field. It is passion that drives me to deliver even more than the client expects on every project. Passion is required for you to be SUCCESSFUL, HAPPY and FULFILLED in whatever you do.

The guy working in the oil industry may be making a lot of money but may be miserable each time he goes out to work.

Here's a career advise that drove me into programming - "Find what you enjoy doing the most, then find someone to pay you for doing it."

1 Like

Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by GoodBoi1(m): 8:19am On Aug 07, 2013
True but to be real, it doesn't apply to everybody.
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by ooman(m): 10:24am On Aug 07, 2013
Its all about the money
Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by bigocean(m): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
The truth is programming is all about passion...or let me rephrase it for u to be a successful programmer u must have the passion to program but in the same way also you should be able to think of how to make money out of it....ask people like BILL GATE AND STEVE JOB(late) they will tell u more or beta still read about them.

1 Like

Re: Is Programming A Passion Or for the Money In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Money rings the bell... passion keeps the going on undecided

(1) (Reply)

5 Steps On How To Become A Mobile App Millionaire / Please Kindly Help With This Html/javascript Problem. / 5 Programming Languages Marked For Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.