Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. (873 Views)

I Want To Leave My Job For Masters / Urgent advice needed; Which Course Should I Do BOSIET OR IWCF? / What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by emmyflexible: 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
AM an undergraduate of one of the federal universities, specifically from the department of geology.for the past few days i have been pondering,wondering and slowly drowning in a storm of my own thoughts...i feel a sudden awakening in my heart that is broadening my awareness,choking my mind with so much uncertainty and strangling my brain for any possible way out.
am caught in a kind of dilemma concerning my career. am honestly confused! this may sound like putting the cat before the horse ....but my sincere nairalanders, am confused about the part along which i would further my career, as i said earlier, i will soon be a graduate of geology and by Gods timely intervention i will be graduating with a (2.1) but i have been having some problems pertaining the particular field i will do my masters. i know its a thing of choice but i honestly wish to land a job in the nearest future that will cater for me and my loved ones. i simply have a likeness for virtually all the branches of geology and hopefully would perform well in any given field by Gods grace. but my question is, what branch would probably land me in the oil sector in the nearest future. please no sarcasm, i will humbly wish to get advice from matured geologists or those in the oil sector. thanks as i await your replies.
Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by SaintChukz(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
emmyflexible: AM an undergraduate of one of the federal universities, specifically from the department of geology.for the past few days i have been pondering,wondering and slowly drowning in a storm of my own thoughts...i feel a sudden awakening in my heart that is broadening my awareness,choking my mind with so much uncertainty and strangling my brain for any possible way out.
am caught in a kind of dilemma concerning my career. am honestly confused! this may sound like putting the cat before the horse ....but my sincere nairalanders, am confused about the part along which i would further my career, as i said earlier, i will soon be a graduate of geology and by Gods timely intervention i will be graduating with a (2.1) but i have been having some problems pertaining the particular field i will do my masters. i know its a thing of choice but i honestly wish to land a job in the nearest future that will cater for me and my loved ones. i simply have a likeness for virtually all the branches of geology and hopefully would perform well in any given field by Gods grace. but my question is, what branch would probably land me in the oil sector in the nearest future. please no sarcasm, i will humbly wish to get advice from matured geologists or those in the oil sector. thanks as i await your replies.
What do you mean when you say by God's timely intervention? Is that you aren't sure of the likely outcome yet? Well @ your question if you really have a likeness for all the branches, then wouldn't it be simple wisdom for you to follow your heart?or all what you are simply after is just getting that elusive entry into the oil and gas sector. What makes you think that guarantees you get to cater well for yourself and loved ones. Anyway a piece of advice, "anyone" can get into the industry even a professional driver who drives an oil company vehicle will be seen as being in the industry. Finally, does it really matter, Msc or not? Does that really guarantee your entrance, even with your Bsc. You still have a very good shot at entering the industry. The truth is just get the necessary and appropriate professional trainings for a job in the industry, that what matters not the level of degree earned.
Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by SaintChukz(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
emmyflexible: AM an undergraduate of one of the federal universities, specifically from the department of geology.for the past few days i have been pondering,wondering and slowly drowning in a storm of my own thoughts...i feel a sudden awakening in my heart that is broadening my awareness,choking my mind with so much uncertainty and strangling my brain for any possible way out.
What do you mean when you say by God's timely intervention? Is it that you aren't sure of the likely outcome yet? Well @ your question if you really have a likeness for all the branches, then wouldn't it be simply wisdom for you to follow your heart?or all what you are simply after is just getting that elusive entry into the oil and gas sector. What makes you think that guarantees you get to cater well for yourself and loved ones? Anyway a piece of advice, "anyone" can get into the industry even a professional driver who drives an oil company vehicle will be seen as being in the industry. Finally, does it really matter, Msc or not? Does that really guarantee your entrance, even with your Bsc. You still have a very good shot at entering the industry. The truth is just get the necessary and appropriate professional trainings for a job in the industry, that's what matters not the level of degree earned.
Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by cyif2003(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Saint chukz@ pls I am also a graduate who studied geology. Currently serving nd am also ina delima. Cud u b kind enough †̥ share wif me ur mail so I cud mail u.
Emmyflexy@speaking frm a geologist point of view u shud av an interest in a perticular field. Mayb environmental geology, remote. Sensing nd photogeology, and so on . So u nid †̥ no wat u want exactly b4 u get confused.

(1) (Reply)

Inspiration Books By Dr. Mike Chima Opara / See What I Do With My Own God Given Talent / Airtel Cheap Labour!!!!!!!!!buhari Stop Contractors Oooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.