Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. (3376 Views)

I Want To Leave My Job For Masters / Urgent advice needed; Which Course Should I Do BOSIET OR IWCF? / What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by emmyflexible: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
AM an undergraduate of one of the federal universities, specifically from the department of geology.for the past few days i have been pondering,wondering and slowly drowning in a storm of my own thoughts...i feel a sudden awakening in my heart that is broadening my awareness,choking my mind with so much uncertainty and strangling my brain for any possible way out.
am caught in a kind of dilemma concerning my career. am honestly confused! this may sound like putting the cart before the horse ....but my sincere nairalanders, am confused about the part along which i would further my career, as i said earlier, i will soon be a graduate of geology and by Gods timely intervention i will be graduating with a (2.1) but i have been having some problems pertaining the particular field i will do my masters. i know its a thing of choice but i honestly wish to land a job in the nearest future that will cater for me and my loved ones. i simply have a likeness for virtually all the branches of geology and hopefully would perform well in any given field by Gods grace. but my question is, what branch would probably land me in the oil sector in the nearest future. please no sarcasm, i will humbly wish to get advice from matured geologists or those in the oil sector. thanks as i await your replies.
Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by OjaP: 3:55am On Jul 27, 2013
Emmy,

Please don't feel discouraged. Go ahead and plan towards working on your Masters in Petroleum Geology or Sedimentology. If you like Physics, you can do Geophysics.

I will only advise you to try as much as possible to do this in the US. You will get some good geology schools who will give you a scholarship with your 2:1. This comes usually in the form of free tuition and monthly stipend.

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by Syenite(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2013
Just as you rightly said, you are putting the cart before the horse.
First thing first, make sure you graduate with a good grade (minimum of 2.1).
I am a geologist in the Oil and Gas Sector and must confess that it is one of the most rewarding Oil and Gas careers.
Attempt at getting a Job with ur 1st Degree. Your company's operations and ur job function will help show u a path-way.

I had a B.Sc in Geology and M.Sc in Petroleum Economics though I currently work as a Geophysicist.

2 Likes

Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by damarisk(f): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Identify the various aspect Q̸̮̮̃f geology n choose the one dat best fits ur interest n go 4 it in ur masters. All aspects are relevant in the oil industry but one thing remains dat U̶̲̥̅̊ must make a 2.1 in ur first degree.

2 Likes

Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by OjaP: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
Syenite: Just as you rightly said, you are putting the cart before the horse.
First thing first, make sure you graduate with a good grade (minimum of 2.1).
I am a geologist in the Oil and Gas Sector and must confess that it is one of the most rewarding Oil and Gas careers.
Attempt at getting a Job with ur 1st Degree. Your company's operations and ur job function will help show u a path-way.

I had a B.Sc in Geology and M.Sc in Petroleum Economics though I currently work as a Geophysicist.

I would like to connect with you. How best can I contact you?

damaris k: Identify the various aspect Q̸̮̮̃f geology n choose the one dat best fits ur interest n go 4 it in ur masters. All aspects are relevant in the oil industry but one thing remains dat U̶̲̥̅̊ must make a 2.1 in ur first degree.

Are you a geologist too?
Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by PalmTree(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across
several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas
Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial
and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this
technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills
today and provide your self with an advantage over other job
seekers!
If you are currently studying Geography, Urban and regional
planning, Geology, Agricultural sciences, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment
and Environmental Modelling. Thanks.
Re: What Course Should I Choose For Masters As A Geology Graduate.. by Chydobe: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2017
The University of Arizona's MS-GIST (Masters of Science in GIS Technology) Program is pleased to accept applications form suitably qualified candidates for the “Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships”. The Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships 2018 is open to all incoming students who are willing to apply for the graduate MS-GIST program.

Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships is intended for students who are willing to help meet the needs of the State of Arizona's information-based economy workforce and community engagement upon graduation.

Click on link below to apply

http://www.newzified.com/apply-for-2018-meet-arizona-community-needs-scholarships/

(1) (Reply)

Best Affiliated Programs In Nigeria You Can Make Money With / Realities In Nigeria's Oil Industry / Eight Things To Do After Secondary School To Earn Money In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.