Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,580 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (24157 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by davidif: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2008
Yepa!!! The group of Death is dead. shocked shocked shocked
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2008
The only thing constant in football is for germany to get to the finals.
I am not underating the Turks but I would rather play Spain in the finals than the Italians or the Russians.
I wont fancy playing against those Italian bullies also those Hindick Boys. Spain is Okay for me.
And Aragones should play Fabregas against Germany to make it easier for Ballack, Frings and co
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2008
the italians are out now , so russia take on Spain, cant wait to watch that match, Turkey vs Russia for Final
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2008
davidif:

Yepa!!! The group of Death is dead. shocked shocked shocked

its a pity ,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by javaprince(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2008
@dayokanu
I don't think you know what u are saying, by praying for Fabregas starting for Spain against German side. Even Ballack cannot overthrow fabregas at his best on the midfield.

Well, since I want a worthy opponent in the Final, I won;t mind trashing Germany in the finals. remember we got Xavi and Senna + Iniesta. Am sure German team does not share ur optimism.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Javaprince.
The portuguese said more than That. We have C.Ronaldo, Nani, Deco, Simao, Quarema, Carvalho blah , blah, blah, What became of them ? Ronaldo was held down by Arne friedrich,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by crazylegs(m): 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2008
@dayokanu
The Spanish team is not as similar to the Portuguese as people make out. The Spanish midfield is much more of a ball-holding team. They don't rely as much on the wings. They can pass the ball forever until a space is made. And there are plenty spaces in the German defence. This team certainly has more spine than others.

I think Germany is an easier team for them to play than Italy. The Germans are determined, fast and all. But what if they don't even see the ball? Frings is still injured and he is the best ball-winner they have.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by naijaguy77: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2008
Germany will win the tournament. lol
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by A40(m): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2008
I am glad the Spaniards won they thoroughly deserved it those Italians are too used to wuru-wuru to the answer instead of playing well and winning Casillas was mind blowing but my boi Cesc i am glad the boy is becoming even more confident i mean stepping up to take the winning kick i think John Terry could learn a thing or two tongue.I want to back the Spaniards solely because of Cesc i hope those bad belle people see he is an important part of that team his passes where over accurate
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Russia: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2008
Y'all still remember me?

give respect to whom respect is due
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
dayokanu:

And Aragones should play Fabregas against Germany to make it easier for Ballack, Frings and co

U must be kidding me! or u didnt realise that upon fabregas coming in, his passes opened many holes in the italian defence.
he could only do the same against the germans
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2008
once you hate someone; you can't see anything good about that person

that is Dayokanu's cacse with Fabregas

i still prefer Fabregas being used as a super-sub to starting him
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2008
Simon Rolfes or Tomas Hitzsperger would take care of Fabregas. Ballack would engage the more reputable Xavi. Did you notice that the " World fussballer of the year" was pocketed by Arne Friedrich, Simao was as effective as Haruna Babangida,

Bring on Fab4. If we can scale Turkey then Spain would be far easier
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2008
i'm so sure of my self that i noticed the least positive impact Fab4 made in the Italy match

so he's much preffered by me as a super-sub to a starter, the players will have been used to a different midfield

to what Fab4 has to offer
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
@all

The DUTCH will win EURO 2008 grin tongue grin

bla bla bla . . .the Dutch will win, they play the best footie, yada yada shocked I guess they must have been having wet dreams over themselves all along grin

see . . . why do u guys just keep making assertions based on 1st round matches that have shown over time that these teams fizzle out stupidly when they are expected to be stronger ?

I always said it that NEITHER OF SPAIN, PORTUGAL AND HOLLAND WILL WIN THIS TOURNEY tongue

even though I expected a Germany vs Italy final, am having to change my views especially as Russia looks to be strong to be ousted by Spain tongue what a wack performance by the Spaniards that could not score a goal against an understrenght Italian side without PIRLO, GATTUSO AND CANNAVARO ? shocked shocked

Arsenal to buy VILLA ? God forbid !!! I had been saying this and I will keep saying it, Luca Toni and Villa were just dolt brothers last nite . . .later they will yap that they are 2 of the best strikers in the world . . .I will slap Uche Ike if he performed any less than those 2 if put in their position last nite, even Toni was better considering the lesser support he got from his midfield embarassed
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2008
@Mc,
Agba ko ni tan ni Ilu.

All those emergency Oranje supporters have now gone into hiding. Since when did best footie, free flowing soccer start winning tournaments .

Portugal , Holland, Croatia and Spain would have won the cup if only group matches were considered but unfortunately you have to play the knockout stage.

I wouldnt mind Germany losing to the Turks as long as they were able to eliminate those overrated Portuguese
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 7:14am On Jun 24, 2008
dayokanu:

@Mc,
Agba ko ni tan ni Ilu.

All those emergency Oranje supporters have now gone into hiding. Since when did best footie, free flowing soccer start winning tournaments .

Portugal , Holland, Croatia and Spain would have won the cup if only group matches were considered but unfortunately you have to play the knockout stage.

I wouldnt mind Germany losing to the Turks as long as they were able to eliminate those overrated Portuguese

Theres no emergency dutch fan here especially me , Have been supporting them since 1996, i will always abide with them at the country level even all clubs playing in the eredivise in holland, watch out for them next month in olympic against siasia's fly chicken. i cant wait,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2008
Theres no emergency dutch fan here especially me , Have been supporting them since 1996, i will always abide with them at the country level even all clubs playing in the eredivise in holland, watch out for them next month in olympic against siasia's fly chicken. i can't wait,

Thank God we have a "REAL" Dutch fan among us. Since you support Dutch Clubs I expect you to support Den Haag or Twente Eschende next season
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2008
dayokanu:

Thank God we have a "REAL" Dutch fan among us. Since you support Dutch Clubs I expect you to support Den Haag or Twente Eschende next season
Since you support Nigeria, I expect you to support Lobi Stars, Iwanyanwu Nationale and Sharks, innit that's how you sound?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by javaprince(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2008
@dayokanu
By the time SPAIN gets to the final, I won't allow u a seat on the Flight. Nor a sip from The Euro's Cup.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2008
@eldee

did you read the comments particularly the one in bold?

Theres no emergency dutch fan here especially me , Have been supporting them since 1996, i will always abide with them at the country level even all clubs playing in the eredivise in holland, watch out for them next month in olympic against siasia's fly chicken. i can't wait,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:45am On Jun 24, 2008
dyabman:

Seun really needs to start doing IQ checks for would-be posters here embarassed
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by vikiviko(m): 11:50am On Jun 24, 2008
Up Spain

I wish they can pass the Russians again.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by stnkate(m): 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2008
Football!!!!
  man utd fans have been shouting and posting nonsense since the preparation for eEurope2008 but is now the time for arsenal & cChelseafans to think and post wisely on this matter. i think cesc will go home will noting which is going to be true. i pledge my support for this popular country called GERMANY because i respect the do of a great duo MICHEAL BALLACK. Just carry go and lift the trophy. i think i will be there to lift it with him and if you know you are intrested inlifting it with him where not call me on this popular digits 08067573772. or mail me on stnkate1982@yahoo.com.  UP Billionaireclub  UP SCHOLARLY @MC All those emergency OranjOrangeorters have now gone into hiding. Since when did best footie, free flowing soccer start winning tournaments .
@A-40 I am glad the Spaniards won they thoroughly deserved it those Italians are too used to wuru-wuru to the answer instead of playing well and winning Casillas was mind blowing but my boi Cesc i am glad the boy is becoming even more confident i mean stepping up
you this guys are to call me on game analysis or i should get you the form. watch and say what you know about football.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2008
vikiviko:

Up Spain

I wish they can pass the Russians again.

yeah you wish and most people too

let me not lie i also wish but it's going to be tricky as a said against the dutch

spain has lost their psychological advantage
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2008
@stnkate

are u in anyway related to Dayokanu ? undecided
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2008
@stnkate

are u in anyway related to Dayokanu ?

I am vexed!!! How can you relate me to that stinking gate .

Since I have been posting on this thread I am not in the habit of disclosing personal information on the internet. My name, where I work nor my phone number unlike some people do.

@MC, Cant you read? Cant you differentiate the tone of the message The poster is definitely a chelsea fan. And I am sure he cant tell me the German starting 11 and their clubs
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Dayokanu

no I cant read tongue but I saw clearly that he is pro-Nazi which is enuff to justify my question tongue

egbon agbaya tongue grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by 4Play(m): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2008
All our analyses of these tournaments ignore one crucial factor-fitness.It is virtually impossible,in the modern era,for a player who plays in the major leagues and who played for almost all of the club season to continue or retain his level of performance into summer tourneys.

This applies mainly to attacking players for whom fitness is most crucial.Ronaldo of Brazil had a better WC in '02 when he had a miserable club season than in '98 when he was at his peak at club level. Compare Ronaldinho '02,when he didn't always feature for PSG,to Ronaldinho '06 when he was the mainstay for Barca. What about Henry '98 compared to Henry '02?

That is why players like Toni,Ronaldo and Del Piero will struggle compared to Podolski and Villa,the latter 2 missed many club games for various reasons.

Where Hiddink has done well with Russia is to utilise their fitness advantage-Russian domestic season is on a break and is only into week 11.While many Dutch players were mentally and physically tired,the Russians looked very fresh.

Ultimately,talent usually makes up for lack of fitness but the clogged up domestic seasons in Western European leagues has been making it harder for club form to be transfered to summer tournaments.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2008
stnkate:

Football!!!!
man utd fans have been shouting and posting nonsense since the preparation for eEurope2008 but is now the time for arsenal & cChelseafans to think and post wisely on this matter. i think cesc will go home will noting which is going to be true. i pledge my support for this popular country called GERMANY because[b] i respect the do of a great duo MICHEAL BALLACK[/b]. Just carry go and lift the trophy.

Great duo,as in,Michael and Ballack? 

grin grin grin Seems to me somebody needs a dictionary.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by 4Play(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Cristalz

Haba,Michael and Ballack make up a duo,just like Wayne and Rooney.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Jackal(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ Cristalz,

Stop kicking men in the groin. . . . .Not lady-like. cheesy grin

Anyways, do u now agree with ma thunkful analysis of Netherlands??
I told u they peaked too early. . . . . .It was aways gonna be a very bad omen.
Those players felt way too invincible. . . . .took 9 points from 3 games without sweats. The outcome is always CATASTROPHIC!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

All 32 Teams In 2019-20 UCL Group Stages Confirmed As Draw Takes Place On 29 Aug / Atletico Sign Joao Felix For £113m In Fifth Most Expensive Transfer In History / Heavyweight Boxing: Anthony Joshua Vs Oleksandr Usyk September 25 In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.