Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23755 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2008
It had to result to that because they wasted most of the chances they had in the first half.

About 16 Shots off Target while Germany only had 3 off target.

Right now Germany is up and running.

I am still in support of the Turks.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2008
In support of the Turks? Why?

I think Germany need to get more of their trademark power shots in.A goal is sure to result from there.They'd better do that soon cos i don't trust Lehmann when it comes to penalties.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by presido1: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2008
Whats happening to this BBC, Who say na only niger d get transmission problem
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2008
Yayyy!
Goal to Germany. Klose's header.

Down Turkey grin

2- 1
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2008
Honestly, I am feeling bad for the Turks right now.

Nice one they are back 2-2 now
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2008
Unbelievable shocked

The Turks have equalized.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2008
I know why I choose to support Turkey.

Even if they did not win the trophy.

I am sure their performance will be acknowledged forever.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2008
3-2
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2008
Oh ma gawd!

Sweet sweet goal! Beautiful string of passes.Way to go Germany. Shot waz so hot the keeper had to dodge for safety reasons grin

3- 1
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
So far no country has been able to handle Germany's Set pieces.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tosinadeda: 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
Cristalz:

Oh ma gawd!

Sweet sweet goal! Beautiful string of passes.Way to go Germany.

3- 1

nazzyon:

3-2

which is which sef
all this nairalanders sef
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
3-2
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2008
Cristalz had a typo there.

Score is 3 - 2 in favour of Germany
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2008
Germany Spain will be one mouthwatering final
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2008
Game over. Germany 3- 2 Turkey  thx nazzy

The Turks were the better team tho.Out-strategized and out-played the Germans,just that they blew most of their chances,especially those they got in the first half. Kinda sad for them.
But in the end,its the team that finds the back of the net that matters.

Next up,Russia - Spain. That should be an electrifying game.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2008
@tosinadeda

No vex. Na Germany 3- 2 Turkey.

@david
So quick to assume Spain's gonna win.Russia just might come thru instead of Spain grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
Cristalz:

@david
So quick to assume Spain's going to win.Russia just might come through instead of Spain grin

Even in my sleep Spain should win this easily. 2-0.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2008
Easily? Don't count your chickens
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by javaprince(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2008
.@david
Am on my mobile, but i just want to remind u all, dat my predictions is stil very much true.
Now all we need is to remind Russia why dey came second in d group stage, then trash Germany come SUNDAY.
Up ARAGONAS!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2008
Germans are in and whos coming in with them spain or russia , as for me i tip russia becos they really deserve a place in the final , they got a real team work
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hustler(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2008
Credit to the turks cuz they worked their asses off. They played like they had nothing lose .Moreso with a depleted bench. They really went at it aganst the germans dominated the game but more goals win games and on the night the germans did what they do best.

Pull off a win even if they werent playing too well. Lahm's finish for the 3rd goal was out of this world. Fantastic player dat boi is. Waiting to see a Russia Germany final.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2008
There's nothing as bad as playing a team that has nothing to lose.

For most of them this is probably the only chance of playing the BIG boys of football and they were really fired up for it.

Agelong followers of football would remember exploit of supposed minnows with Giants. Cameroun with 9 players beat a diego maradona Argentina. First timer Senegal beat France with thierry henry and other these are just a few of giant killing games.

Who remembered How Korea took the world by storm in 2002 before a disciplined German team (again) eliminated them never mind if its not pretty.

Now to the other semi and I wish Spain would qualify I think you all know why I prefer to play Spain rather than Russia. I detest minnows who are always up for the upset,

Like Lineker said In a game of football 22 men chase the ball around ; After 90 minutes the Germans win. No better illustration than Yesterday!!!!

HEIL HITLER!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Akolawole(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2008
Dayo can make all the Noise now grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2008
germany were unworthy winners. i hate it when games end like that. i hope they dont win.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Yes Oh!!!

Germany is the greatest European team of all time Any issue with that? Germans dont have a golden generation like some all their generation are golden

How can a country continue to play tournament finals as if its meant for them alone?

2008- Finalist??, 2006- 3rd place, 2002- Finalists, 1996- winners, 1990 winners.

3 world cups , 3 Euro cups.

Unworthy champions?? A team that has scored the most unworthy? A team with potential players of the tournament like Ballack, Schweini etc unworthy?

A team that made mincemeat of Portugal tournament favourite unworthy?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Akolawole

Dayokanu has all the right in the world to mouth-make cool

or what explains the fact that the Germans are back in the finals again !

I PREDICTED THE DOWNFALL OF PORTUGAL AND HOLLAND cool

I also rightly predicted that Germany was bound for the finals all the way from the prelims, can u beat that ?

KITAJINX ? tongue grin

some of u need to start seeing ur shrinks . . . .WHERE IS HOLLAND TODAY ? NONSENSE !

didnt I say it here thaT Schweini was going to do something and he scored a lovely goal, moreso that boy is baddd ! wink
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by rikkyjen(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2008
The worst thing in Germany winning any game and winning this championship is listening to DayoKanu's rantings after!  embarassed embarassed embarassed

The fact is that this German team has not been spectacular but have been ruthlessly efficient and thats the hallmark of every German team.

They play rigid and sometimes negative football but hey they produce results and football is all about results. If Football is not all about results and trophies, ask Jose and Wenger how they've both felt in the last 4years.

As Akola used to say give me boring footie and trophies than playin entertaining footie to no avail. This German team is a prototype of the former, while Holland epitomizes the latter.

Germany is always a balanced team with that "IT" factor Turkey, Holland and Portugal lacked.
I mean we all saw how Germany's success @ Euro 96 made Berti Vogts look good but we all know it was due to the balance of the team and not Berti's tactical acumen.

For a team with One Ballack and 10 bunch of "Hey-you's" and "You there" players, this is an over achievment but not a suprise because Germany were always guaranteed at least a semi final berth in this tournament!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by PoDeep(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2008
Hey, watch ur mouff, Klose, Lehmann, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Borowski & Lahm are not "Hey you"s and "You there"s, they are world cla$$.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2008
negative !!!  tongue

what do u mean by 1 Ballack and hey-u players ?

isnt Lahm a phenomenon ?

Schweini ?

Lehmann ?

Metersacker ?

Podolski ?

Klose ?

na wa o . . . lipsrsealed
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by PoDeep(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2008
Help me ask am o!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by rikkyjen(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2008
Y'all adding Lehman has just disqualified the other folks.  embarassed embarassed. It has made you guys's defense of the others weak tongue tongue

Lehman worldclass? A man whose goal keeping Howlers is second to none. Germany still remaining in the tourney is just sheer down to the "IT" factor in my previous post. They simply have this pedigree of being world beaters and they live it up, Kapish! Lehman? Go tell Wenger to re-sign him grin grin

@ Po-Deep
Podolski, Klose, Schweinsteiger. . . worldclass? Schweinstieger who scored only a solitary goal in 46 appearances for 07/08 Munchen is worldclass?
Is your name Isaac? Cos you must be having a laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin

The mentioned folks are slightly above average team players but world class? Hell nah. It still doesn't erase their "Hey you and You there" factor

Like i stated earlier, Generally Germans mostly do have a good tourney especially with their emphasis on tactical discipline and split second defensive awareness and that is due to their players and the bond (at this point whether hey you players or not).

For effing sake, Their back 4 was the same in the last worldcup, so using Podolski, Klose, Schweinsteger in the finals doesn't make those aforementioned players worldclass.

And Yes Schwein has been fantastic this tournament! Nothing more. Just like Klose always tear the world cups stages apart
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
I disagree!!!

How can you say the other players are Hey who. They are very underrated. They are better than the whole English set up. If the german second string side can beat England at Wembley yet you call some of these English players world class.

Torsten frings, Bastian Scheweinsteiger, Klose Podolski, Lahm average? Any better left full back in world football?

Podolski, Klose, Schweinsteiger. . . worldclass? Schweinstieger who scored only a solitary goal in 46 appearances for 07/08 Munchen is worldclass?

How many goals did Hleb score for Arsenal in 3 seasons? Is he world class?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Kelechi Emeteole Hospitalized For Throat Cancer (Photos) / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Mourinho: I Won Three Trophies At Man United Yet That Was Seen As A Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.