Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23754 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2008
@4play

Ohhhh,i get it.Just like the wonderful pair,Francesc and Fabregas. grin My bad.

@Jackal
Me,kick men in the groin? grin Nahh.I'm an angel wink

You predicted correctly tho,gotta give you that.They grew up too fast and died early.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Jackal(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2008
Cristalz:

@Jackal
Me,kick men in the groin? grin Nahh.I'm an angel wink

You predicted correctly tho,gotta give you that.They grew up too fast and died early.

How can u be an angel? Don't make me open your can of worms here!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm, who is gonna win the European Championship now?
The teams that started well are finishing badly. . . .On the basis of total football, i think Holland and Portugal have done well but sexy football don't win anything, Arsene Wenger's kids taught me that. grin cheesy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by A40(m): 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2008
@4play
You raised a very good point on the club thingy these star players play way too much footie and tend to burn out when these big tournaments are on and it is usually someone that just springs up from the blue and goes on to set such tournaments ablaze.

@stnkate
What can i say about you? you dont even know how to insert quotes lol you are a disgrace to all 26 year olds please keep my name and quotes of your mouth
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Jackal
My can of worms? grin Actually its a pail of mambas wink I keep 'em in check tho,unleash 'em only when necessary.Otherwise,i'm such an angel grin grin

Really,i dint see these teams falling like a pack of wet cards.Holland especially.As for Portugal,twaz really disappointing.Never thot Russia would get this far either.Anyway, i'm holding out for Russia and Germany.Those two should give us an awesome final.

so long as Lehmann doesn't mess up grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Jackal(m): 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2008
Cristalz:

@Jackal
My can of worms? grin Actually its a pail of mambas wink I keep 'em in check tho,unleash 'em only when necessary.Otherwise,i'm such an angel grin grin

Really,i dint see these teams falling like a pack of wet cards.Holland especially.As for Portugal,twaz really disappointing.Never thot Russia would get this far either.Anyway, i'm holding out for Russia and Germany.Those two should give us an awesome final.

so long as Lehmann doesn't mess up grin

There has never been A GOOD DAY IN THE OFFICE for Jens Lehmann. If u don't believe me, ask Arsene Wenger.
He is just lucky to be protected by a good German defence.

P.S. I have lost interest since Portugal went out.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 10:40pm On Jun 24, 2008
Jackal:

There has never been A GOOD DAY IN THE OFFICE for Jens Lehmann. If u don't believe me, ask Arsene Wenger.

Good German defence?! shocked shocked

M & M the worst central defence pair in the quarter-final

Lehmann is just pure lucky
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2008
Jackal:

P.S. I have lost interest since Portugal went out.

have also lost interest too since holland are being thrashed out.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Cristalz

Jackal only predicted the fall of Holland after I did . . .it was always going to happen to Holland and Portugal tongue

plus can we talk about teams that have progressed and talk less abt all those under-performing teams like Portugal and Holland undecided

Thanx ! kiss
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2008
You must be extremely optimistic for you to think that Holland or Portugal would win any tournament.

That Kind of football does not win even man Utd had to grind it out against Barca in d semis , .

I am already having turkey goose pimples over todays match.

I still believe in the Mannschaft
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2008
oh yes ! u must have goose and turkey pimples all over tongue

but I trust Schweinstegger to do something today ! that boy na my boy anytime anyday - - -EMINEM ! grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 11:50am On Jun 25, 2008
@ Kit,
Do something positive not collect red card
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by JUNIT1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2008
i can't believe people supporting portugal just because of ronaldo, are you guys gays or something, now what ya'll gona do, he's out of euro and out of man u, now what, you guys are gonna support real madrid, pathethic.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2008
@J unit

have u never noticed that the most sensible people here ignore u ? undecided

are peeps gays cos they support whichever club dey do ? are u ok ? undecided

@Dayokanu

I hope so myself cheesy his positives far outweigh his negatives, plus he was one of the major reasons why Germany lost to Croatia cool
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2008
Thanks MC, I would really appreciate if you EPL elders can cage the rabid EPL ninnies like J. UNIT, Pein, Emperoh, toba and others. CSR

He posted a man of the match performance against Portugal. I hope he keeps it up
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by javaprince(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2008
@all
All Spain, supporters I congratulate us all in advance. Spain is bigger than Fabregas, Torres, or even Casillas. Sorry , i got to mention Xavi too. The fact is that Spain is Winning the Euro Cups, and let us forget Our individual clubs or stars(e.g fabregas ) and Support them.

I pray Germany wins today, so we can have a worthy opponent, and show them Ballack Boys and the rest of the World, that the time has come for Slick - Spain Football to rule the WORLD!!!

ARAGONAS for LIFE!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by A40(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
M$M more like dumb and dumber but the Germans really suprised me and i would be extremely suprised almost scared if the Germans dont take advantage of an injured battered and bruised turkish side
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2008
Klose kinda looks like Lampard grin

So far,Turkey seems to be doing well.I'm rooting for Germany tho.

Hope Ballack gets as many free kicks as possible,lol.

@Kit
Holland's and Portugal's brief spell of fame was so dramatic,its hard not to talk about it.Holland especially grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2008
Hmm.Methinks Turkey just might get a goal soon,the way they're going undecided
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2008
And i waz right!

Goal for Turkey.And Lehmann's got a whole lot of blame for that.He assumed the ball was going out after it hit the post.Silly mistake.

Turkish delight! grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by CARUSO(m): 8:11pm On Jun 25, 2008
Lehmann is such a dipstick!!

He cocked dat one up

Go on Turkey!!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2008
Cristalz:

And i waz right!

Goal for Turkey.And Lehmann's got a whole lot of blame for that.

Turkish delight! grin
A player balanced in front of the post, with all the time and space
You blame the keeper?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by CARUSO(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2008
And it is all wide open again!!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2008
hahahahahah!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2008
The Germans have replied! Same strategy used to wipe out Portugal grin

1- 1. Game on!

@eldee
A player was balanced infront of the post,but if Lehmann had made any attempt at all to get the ball after it hit the post,perhaps the player wouldn't have gotten to it.He went back into his net after the ball came off the post despite the fact that the ball bounced right infront of him.If the ball had gone further from the post,twlda been ok,but it didn't.Watch the replay.Took his silly eyes off the ball when it was still in.He lost concentration for a moment,as usual,and it cost him.Yep,i sure blame him.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2008
Cristalz:

@eldee
A player was balanced infront of the post,but if Lehmann had made any attempt at all to get the ball after it hit the post,perhaps the player wouldn't have gotten to it.He went back into his net after the ball came off the post.Took his silly eyes off the ball when it was still in.He lost concentration for a moment,as usual,and it cost him.Yep,i sure blame him.

When a ball hits the crossbar. . .there's a half chance it has gone out
From Lehman's view, he needed a second to take care of his line
It's the defence that knows where the ball was landing, they should not have given him the space

Did you see the corner and the freekick now?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2008
eldee:

When a ball hits the crossbarthere's a half chance it has gone out
From Lehman's view, he needed a second to take care of his line

There woulda been no need to take care of the line if the ball had been in his arms.Ball bounces right infront of your line and instead of lunging for it,you go back to protect the line?The second you take to go back to the line is more than enough for the opposition to get the ball in.Lehmann's decision to go back waz wrong.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2008
Half-time.Anyway,Lehmann tried sha.He made some good saves.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2008
Whoever win today will take the trophy to their country.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2008
Is that a question or a prediction? cheesy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
That shoulda been a penalty.Guess the ref didn't get a good look at it.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2008
It wasn't a penalty.

Tackle was out the box but the German dived in.

It was a good call.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2008
Okay.I concur.Just saw the replay.

Why're the Turks becoming rough?Too soon for desperation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Kelechi Emeteole Hospitalized For Throat Cancer (Photos) / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Mourinho: I Won Three Trophies At Man United Yet That Was Seen As A Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.