Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23752 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hustler(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2008
rikkyjen:

The worst thing in Germany winning any game and winning this championship is listening to DayoKanu's rantings after! embarassed embarassed embarassed

The fact is that this German team has not been spectacular but have been ruthlessly efficient and thats the hallmark of every German team.

For a team with One Ballack and 10 bunch of "Hey-you's" and "You there" players, this is an over achievment but not a suprise because Germany were always guaranteed at least a semi final berth in this tournament!!

When u say they produce negative football how exactly do u mean?? Did u watch Greece's game against Sweden to see an example of negative football. At least the germans still push forward and try to nick it with their aerial strength and sometimes splendid atacking moves.

U damn right this team hasnt been really spectacular but they have been efficient. So "middle finger" being spectacular as long as u win the games. It all comes down to winning trophies my guy.

If u r saying it's only Ballack in dat team then u must be an EPL fan with no interest in European Football. Ballack was missing from the game last night. Bastian,Lahm Frings stepped up to the plate.

I feel we will have a Germany Russia Final.

@ Dayo kanu

On a lighter note does ur Merkel not have any work to do at home. I dont think even the president of Benin Republic as small as they are can have time to waste 90 mins on every game his team plays outside their country at that.

Isnt she adequately challenged like Yar a dua??LOL

Meanwhile credit to Joachim Low as he has pretty much kept the structure of the team intact. And he hasnt tried to be deperately different from his predecessor in organization of his team. However again what has happened to Metzelder this is definitely not the Metzelder i watched in 2006 world cup or was it the home crowd dat helped him

Something DON failed to realize.

Lippi will certainly be back now
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2008
One of the best combo leading to a goal in this tournament was The German first goal against Portugal yet they are considered boring.

Metzelder was injured all season he hardly got games at Madrid that might explain it . He looks sloppy and not helping Mertersacker at all
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2008
With Villa out,Spain's goal-scoring chances just decreased a little bit. Torres doesn't always come through in big matches.Perhaps it might be different this time  undecided
Anyway they're pressing harder than the Ruskies
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2008
Torres can do it. He never has 2 bad games in a row.thats a fact about El Nino.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2008
Lol. grin That some kinda Spanish charm? This could be the beginning of the jinx.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2008
Perfect finish from Xavi! Goal to Spain.

1-0
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
Beautiful connecting passes from Spain.Just that Torres is slacking up front  grin

Panic in the Russian camp.Subs and yellows.Spain's got 'em running in circles.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2008
its another game plan with Villa's exit, cesc's introduction has brought more creativity and fluidity in the spanish passing and midfield.

Torres isnt exactly slacking, the midfielders are playing the game
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2008
Torres off?
without sounding disrespectful to Guiza, i think torres would have remained, the way the game went, he was gonna get a goal somehow.

Fabregas is having a ball
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2008
fabregas is good,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2008
Anutha perfect finish.

Spain 2- 0 Russia

Final,here they come. grin  Whatever happened to all that Russian fire of the previous games?They're playing like therez absolutely no hope,no desire to win.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2008
Fabulous Fab, Fabulous pass.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2008
all the fairy tales come to an end
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2008
is Arshavin really all that?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2008
what an influence fabregas has been
good goal silva
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2008
Now this is embarrassing.

Spain 3- 0 Russia.

Great cross from Fab,yet anutha perfect finish from Silva.Nice.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2008
Fabregas the goal maker doing his thing once again. cool
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2008
Fab 4 . . . what a steal by Wenger.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2008
Looks like arshavin's balls are playing hide and seek.
I 'll eat a rat if spain to defeat d germans.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2008
Fabregas is a candidate for d PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2008
And it will be Germany vs Spain on sunday.

The Russian's tried tho,i guess they never expected to get this far.Fab waz the man,whether he scored or not.Held the midfield real good,stringed a lot of great passes,waz instrumental to 2 goals.Lovely performance.
Arshavin and co were asleep tonight. grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2008
bgees:

haba not so fast. Allow him to grow.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by CARUSO(m): 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2008
bgees:

A good candidate indeed but then not gona get my vote!(even though m a gunner grin )

Russia's spirit was broken immediately the first goal went in and they felt defeated straight after!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2008
there are few players as good in timing and releasing the ball as fabregas
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2008
haba, he was good in this match but he hasnt played enuf minutes to be considered for that award!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by RedHotChic(f): 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2008
Torres didn't do it for me today.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2008
i am not happy tha Spain won

i am not happy that they won by 3 goals

i am happy happy that Fabregas supplied two goals

what's in Fabregas' name supplying goals
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Razorr(f): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2008
YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

What a disappointing match!!

I expected much more from the Russians and wound up disappointed. I'm still trying to make up my mind on who was more disappointing, Fernando Torres or Ashavin. Arshavin should win this, especially after the hype. He was completely played out of the game by Puyol and Senna.

Senna was my man of the match by miles. The Villarreal strongman has been surprisingly solid in the tournament.

Torres was sickening, especially with those silly dives. The Arrow looked like he had developed a sudden allergy to leather.

Germany's defense is much worse than the Russians and Spain still banged in 3 goals. I wonder what they'd do to Germany's shaky defense on Sunday. A defence that conceeded 4 goals in 2 matches. Per Metersacker and Madrid's Metzelder just haven't been a convincing enough partnership.

Russia made that arrogant Arrow Sergio Ramos look like a superstar. How annoying! Ewwwwwwww

Guus Hiddink absolutely got it wrong tactically. He played too defensively. Pavlychenko had a decent game, but there was no support from midfield. I've never seen a more spineless Russian side. They just had no fight in them.

What a massive letdown by the Russians!
What a massive letdown by Andrei Arshavin!
I wonder if Barca would still be keen on signing him after today's disgusting performance. He definitely has knocked some digits off his price.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2008
Razzor isnt thinking perhaps the Spanish midfield and defence was way too quick, way too strong for the Russians?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by javaprince(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ALL
WHERE IS THAT "RUSSIA" Guy hope to see him tommorow.

@folahann Now u see the way the cookie CRumbles.

@davidalyn,mukina2, and all other SPAIN supporters.
Congratulations to you. Hold your breath we have just the GERMAN MACHINES to crush.

ARAGONAS 4 LIFE!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Razorr(f): 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Davidylan

The Russians got it wrong. They were too cautious and refused to play positively. Memories of the 4-1 drubbing they got in the first game obviously forced them to change their playing style, especially since their defence isn't class. Anyone who knows these Russians would tell you that they're usually a very fast attacking side. They only allocated about 3 players to attack throughout the game.

Playing defensively was their gameplan and it backfired!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2008
The Russians didnt play a wrong strategy, they simply got steamrolled by a better team. But for a few lucky breaks the Russians might actually have taken the lead and turned the match on its head.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Kelechi Emeteole Hospitalized For Throat Cancer (Photos) / Mourinho: I Won Three Trophies At Man United Yet That Was Seen As A Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.