Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23673 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by shuboy: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2008
Here are my predictions:

WINNERS - Spain/Italy

GOLDEN BOOT - Huntelaar/Ribery/Toni

FLOPS - Henry, Ronaldo

PLAYERS TO WATCH - Philipp Lahm (Ger), Nihat (Turk), Arshavin (Rus), Ramos (Spa)
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by anonimi: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2008
Yesterday as I was watching Rangers vs. Lobi match I could not help but wonder at the emptiness of the stadium and the sorry state of the pitch.
Meanwhile we dey fleece ourselves to support oyinbo teams, subtle brain drain. After we go dey complain sey oyinbo people dey diss us.
Pity! Pity!! Pity!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by coldwater(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2008
Mukina2,

How do you want us to post pictures( in the picture thread) when the reply button has been locked
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Novacaine(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2008
Any team with a Gunner is who i will be supporting except France.Spain is looking good to me so is Portugal
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2008
It simply means that the Picture and Video thread no longer exist.

You can do all you want here.

Comment, Predict, attach pictures and video clips here.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2008
Spain with all d hype around them might not even get beyond d group stage . Aragones is still confusd on what formation and d starting 11. Remember they have meet russia and greece again and just like d last tourney,it will be tricky.
Remember russia have d 'Guus' which always lays a golden egg.in a few words, RUSSIA WILL QUALIFY.
Villa is injured,torres seems to have lost form and they struggld to break down a defensive team in USA. May GOD HELP SPAIN.

I'm tippin holland to win italy.
I hope france get dumped out.
Portugal wont do well either.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by davidif: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2008
France is way too stacked from head to toe that they didn't even bring some of there other star players like Trezeguet who was the second highest goal scorer in the serie A and even a resurgent Djibril Cisse.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2008
Nowdays it will not count.

Have you forgotten the way Brazil usually crashes out in World Cups?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Xerxes4(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2008
I am still backing Portugal.
Granted, they are not as strong as the Italians, Germans and the Frenchies but i am tipping em as the dark horse.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by jayb(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2008
PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!

PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!

PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by 4Him1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2008
the matches are not even on TV. lipsrsealed
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dinozzo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2008
Portugal vs Turkey will be a good one to watch. Portugal has the players and performed well in the last two international events who knows might just be their year.

Meanwhile the opening game has started pretty well.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2008
I supported Czech republic for this match they seem to be the weaker side.

Petre Cech is the one saving them.

The other players are just giving away balls.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dinozzo(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2008
Czech is not the same team like the one of 2004, no Rosicky, Baros, Nedved and others.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by blacksta(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2008
Italy and France are my team but my heart goes for france
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by blacksta(m): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2008
Half time ressult

swiss 0 czech 0

Most glamrous player - stephen frie - who only recently came back from long time injury - has got himself ingured which equates to end of the tournament -

all the best

So far - the game has been end to end - but no finishers
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by sect(m): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2008
Beware of the team dat has got the following players
DAVID VILLA
FERNANDO TORRES
LIUS GARCIA
XABI ALONSO
XAVI
IKER CASILLAS
S.RAMOS
CESC FABREGAS etc
As a matter of fact the spanish side is complete. The euro cup is going to spain. TAKE IT or LEAVE IT.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Olisehua: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2008
Swiss are better team now
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tinkinfela(m): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2008
My full support goes to portugal because, sure you know the reason smiley
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2008
Going with Spain
Umpteenth time lucky grin

~Xerxes~:

I am still backing Portugal.
Granted, they are not as strong as the Italians, Germans and the Frenchies but i am tipping em as the dark horse.
Na! stop playing Wenger(smart guy) here grin
This team has Quaresma, Ronaldo and Carvalho and you're calling them the dark horses?
Could swear C.Ronaldo already has prop bets on who will score for them in the final. . .

Switzerland was my dark horse but I think I'll be going with Croatia now

nazzyon:

Nowdays it will not count.

Have you forgotten the way Brazil usually crashes out in World Cups?
Guy chill now grin
How does Brazil crash out of World Cups
Haba, three finals in four tournaments and you said they've been crashing out?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by PDF: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2008
Petr Cech is a cheat, jst too gud
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tosinadeda: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2008
so czech won the match right??
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2008
Yeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss

Now make dem start Portugal and Turkey food.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2008
Why don't you go to Technology Market to advertise you Computer.

Na football section you dey bros.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nellyholmz(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2008
Portugal is the favourite so please Join me support Ronaldo the next man to be the next world footballer of the year, Up Manchester United
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2008
Tuncay is a cow.How could he have missed that chance?

They've broken Nani's leg o.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2008
Purrrfeccct goal!!! What a set-up!

I love Portugal!

Portugal 2 - 0 Turkey
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Xerxes4(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2008
Good game by Portugal. . . . .

Way to go Ronaldo. . . Nani(Y'all lads were magnificent tonight).
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2008
Austria - Croatia tomorrow.I'll be rooting for Croatia. And of course,for the German machines grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2008
DUTCH 4 LIFE. All the way orange boys i bet they wont dissapoint me as they use to. sad , but i believe they will win this stiff competition.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2008
If RVP is on the team,expect to be disappointed wink grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Xerxes4(m): 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2008
eldee:

Na! stop playing Wenger(smart guy) here grin
This team has Quaresma, Ronaldo and Carvalho and you're calling them the dark horses?
Could swear C.Ronaldo already has prop bets on who will score for them in the final. . .

Switzerland was my dark horse but I think I'll be going with Croatia now

Dude. . . . .Give it to Portugal.
A country with a population of 10 million peops should be commended for rubbing shoulders with European giants.
Portugal is not a balanced team. . . . . The team lacks natural strikers. . .they have got the PAULETTA problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Chelsea Fan Loses His Job Over Racist Chant At Raheem Sterling / Eden Hazard Scores First Real Madrid Goal Since Chelsea Transfer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.