Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23672 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2008
C. Kazim Richards was impressive for the turks, if i didnt know his history in the premier league, i'd be asking who wtf is this young talent.

way 2 go portugal!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by keba(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2008
who knows the final score for switzs vs czechs?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 11:06pm On Jun 07, 2008
We all know that Petr Cech saved Czech Republics' ass tonight against Switzerland.

SwissCzech ended 1-0 in favour of Czech Republic

Who was the Man of the Match in the Portugal  vs Turkey match?

Deco

Cristiano Ronaldo

Pepe

Ferreira

Raul Mereilles

Nuno Gomez

Simao

Carvalho

Fernando Meira

Jao Montinho

Nani

Tuncay

Semih
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 2:59am On Jun 08, 2008
Pepe as Man Of The Match.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Mustay(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2008
austria 1-0 croatia

croatia 'll continue the goal scarcity
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Builder: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2008
There gonna be some disappointment at this tournament, i dont see any of the big teams going through to win the cup, instead im going for the underdogs, too much praise for italy, france, germany, spain and perhaps portugal and they will end up messin up big time. im rooting for either, greece or any of the eastern european countries, but definitly not germany, those twats deport ma arse
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by MethodMan3(m): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2008
bgees:

Pepe as Man Of The Match.

Nah me thinks AURELIO, the brazilian born turkish midfielder worked his socks off and deserved Man of the match

he was top draw and at 31, i thought he was fantastic, cutting out all the plays from portugal!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by xyoung: 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2008
Point of correction. Ronaldo may be the PLAYER OF THE YEAR fair and square but he certainly ain't the best in the world.[b][/b].

UNA KNOW BOOK.i pray Ronaldo should die in their next match and ressurrect in 3yrs time like 2pac
as for me guess who i support,

of course NIGERIA<dont ask me why>

Nigeria will win EURO CUP even if we are in africa
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2008
You're one sick guy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Builder: 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2008
@xyoung, oi boi , u don chop so
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by A40(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2008
Talk about robbing the home team shocked That ref was lucky that the Swiss are very laid back people otherwise he would be dead by now i mean two clear cases of ball handling by Ujfalusi and the ref became blind Bartimaeus the Swiss where damn unlucky i dont see the Czech going too far though they rode on luck yesterday

The Portuguese where classy and could have easily beaten the Turks by 4.Pepe and Carvalho where rock solid that team is gonna take some beating.Pepe was the man of the match.Wenger i have found Flamini's replacement for you ooh.Joao Moutinho please Arsene buy that dude
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by nazzyon(m): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2008
Croatia 1 - Austria 0

The Croatians almost scored the second goal.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by donkay(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2008
Nolio, why on Earth do u thnk France deservd to win it ? France ko, Congo ni! grin grin I'm goin for Spain, dis cud just be thr year wit d only omo-aye in there, El-Nino gangan! wit d rest of d crew, dey can do somethin,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2008
the austrians have really impressed in d 2nd half, their only undoing is the lack of a finishing touch. That vastic guy still got some strength and skill in him @ 38
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by kene20(m): 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2008
What a bad start 4 d host nations embarassed

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by folahann(m): 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2008
IS any nairalander playing Euro 2008 fantasy football
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2008
one thing I can bet my left arm on is that no underdog will win the EURO this time . . . tongue

most people seem to tip Spain, BUT CAN TORRES DELIVER WHEN IT MATTERS ? tongue

forget the usual SPAIN AND HOLLAND PLAY FANTASTIC FOOTIE BS ! they aint going no where !

its a straight one between France my fave, Italy and Germany ! cool

the edge is naturally Italy's as World Champions . . . but LES BLEUS is it for me always ! cheesy
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by keba(m): 1:21am On Jun 09, 2008
ITALY[b][/b] will surely surprise europe as they surprised the world.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by smol(m): 2:23am On Jun 09, 2008
keba:

ITALY[b][/b] will surely surprise europe as they surprised the world.

my guy thats for sure, Italy rules the world.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dyabman(m): 6:11am On Jun 09, 2008
lets see how they are going to take on the orange boys
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by A40(m): 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2008
Italy are usually flops when it comes to the Euros i dont see why they wont flop this time.The Germans where outstanding last night whats with Lukas Podolski whenever he wears the Mannschaft jersey he always looks a different player
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2008
The Germans were really good yesterday,but i think their weakest link will be Lehmann when they face stronger teams.Lehmann's good,but he loses concentration easily and makes silly mistakes sometimes.I hope he doesn't let his team down.

Missed the first game.Who won?
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2008
My Gawd,what a goal! Go Ruud! What's up with these Italianos?Van der Saar's just a spectator.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2008
First game of today was 0-0 Romania France, a very dull and listless game - Like I've always known, Domenech is a plonker and will never win anything with France. Zidane and Henry dragged them to the WC finals, but without those guys especially Zizou, Domenech doesn't have a prayer.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2008
What a sensational goal! When did the orange boys become such amazing strikers? 2-0. Italy,wetin dey happen?

Thx debo.0-0? Jeez,seems France isn't gonna be so hot this time around.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2008
holland - italy; most entertaining game yet
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2008
I concur. Ruud's on fire,and Van der Saar's steaming. The Italians don't seem to have a clue grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2008
debosky:

First game of today was 0-0 Romania France, a very dull and listless game - Like I've always known, Domenech is a plonker and will never win anything with France. Zidane and Henry dragged them to the WC finals, but without those guys especially Zizou, Domenech doesn't have a prayer.
talk about boring
I wonder why Domenech stuck with two defensive midfielders, makelele and toulalan, there was no one initiating attack from center, me thought Ribery shd have been more effective in center.
But again i remember, the French got off to a slow start at the World Cup, lets see,
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2008
I remember that too. . .the thing is, there's no Zizou to have a swan song here - no one with that kind of creative personality or drive, plus there are too many old cargoes in the team, they will need individual brilliance from a Ribery, Benzema or Henry to save them. Against Italy or Holland? I don't see it happening.

The Dutch must be licking their lips now. . .2-0 up against probably the toughest team in the group. cheesy its not over yet though wink
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2008
Its not over,but from what i'm seeing,Italy ain't looking too good.Gattuso's picked up a yellow.Their strikers are not sharp enough,and Van der Saar doesn't look like hez ready to budge anytime soon.
Honestly,Italy's been disappointing so far.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2008
I agree, and Toni is already on a yellow, so if he misbehaves he might get sent off. . .but the Dutch are famous for crumbling though, everything can fall apart in minutes. They may yet come to regret that chance by Ruud to kill the game off.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2008
RVP alone? Anything wrong with a Ruud-RVP combo? undecided

Yikes! Italy just missed their best opportunity of the match!! Terrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Chelsea Fan Loses His Job Over Racist Chant At Raheem Sterling / Eden Hazard Scores First Real Madrid Goal Since Chelsea Transfer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.