Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno (14600 Views)

Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch / ADAMAWA GOVERNORSHIP : PDP Woos Ribadu. / Lagos Drags Al-mustapha To Supreme Court Over Kudirat's Murder (2) (3) (4)

PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by yinchar(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2013
Strong indications emerged yesterday that the Peoples Democratic Party is trying to woo the recently-released Major Hamzat Al-Mustapha, a former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, to win Yobe and Borno states from the All Nigeria Peoples Party(ANPP).

The President and his strategists have also launched a fresh plot to win more states in the North-West in 2015.

It was learnt that the permutations of the presidency is that the control of some states in the North-West and North- East could leave the North divided in 2015.

The presidency was said to be trying to adopt the strategy of ex-President Shehu Shagari who in 1982 granted state pardon to the late Biafran leader, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.

The pardon had enabled the defunct ruling National Party of Nigeria(NPN) to make inroads into the South-East which was then controlled by Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe-led Nigerian Peoples Party(NPP).

Investigation also indicated that PDP is trying to use Al-Mustapha leverage to checkmate its rebellious governors like Rabiu Kwankwaso(Kano), Aliyu Wammako (Sokoto); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Babangida Aliyu (Niger); and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa).

A reliable source said: “The plot is a two-dimension type. The PDP wants to bank on Al-Mustapha’s image to capture Yobe, Borno and Zamfara being controlled by ANPP.

“The renewed political romance between President Goodluck Jonathan and ex-Governor Ahmed Yerima of Zamfara State seems to be pointing to this desperate bid by the President and his strategists to make inroads into the North-East and North-West.

“Yerima had taken some marabouts to the President some weeks ago to “pray” for Jonathan’s good health and 2015 agenda.

“Besides, you will recall that a few months ago, Yerima and ex-Governor Modu Ali Sheriff met with the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, in Abuja. So, the plot was conceived a few months back, but Al-Mustapha might be used to crystallize it.

“The larger picture is to change the political tempo in the North by bringing Al-Mustapha into the PDP to reduce the influence of some out-of-presidency favoured Northern governors like Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Aliyu Wammako ( Sokoto); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Babangida Aliyu (Niger); and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa).”

The source, however, said the prime targets of Al-Mustapha’s deal are Yobe and Borno states.

Investigation by our correspondent revealed that some PDP chieftains have already made a proposal that the way to end the domination of the ANPP in Yobe and Borno states is to make Al-Mustapha the arrowhead of the party’s plot.

Findings showed that the Minister of State for Finance, Alhaji Yerima, had allegedly met with Al-Mustapha and hosted a dinner in honour of the ex-CSO.

Checks indicated that the PDP had initiated secret talks with Al-Mustapha on why he should team up with the party to improve the lot of his people in Yobe.

Although it was unclear as at press time on Al-Mustapha’s disposition, it was gathered that some PDP bigwigs have already penciled down the ex-CSO for the governorship slot as its automatic candidate.

The leakage of the plot has created a cold war between Governor Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe State and the Minister of Finance.

It was learnt that the minister was allegedly shunned by the governor on Tuesday when he brought some presidential relief materials to Damaturu (Yobe State capital) for victims of Boko Haram.

The cold shoulder rubbished plans by the minister and the presidential delegation to make a political gain from the relief materials.

A highly-placed source said: “ The PDP is determined to control Borno and Yobe states. This is why Al-Mustapha’s option is on its card at present.

“But Al-Mustapha has not made any commitment to join partisan politics or not.

“The Governor of Yobe State is, however, not taking the plot lightly leading to a cold war between him and the Minister of State for Finance.

“I think other Northern political leaders and governors are still studying the situation.”

SOURCE : http://thenationonlineng.net/new/pdp-woos-al-mustapha-to-win-yobe-borno
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by princesammmy: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 27, 2013
Hmhmm, so he was set free to be used by PDP to win states for them? What if he fails to win those states?
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2013
Desperate party....doing very desperate and crazy things.

Nigeria is doomed

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by pistol: 8:35am On Jul 27, 2013
ilugunboy: Desperate party....doing very desperate and crazy things.

Nigeria is doomed

How is it desperation eh?
It is called political calculation.
Use what you have to get what you want.

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by supersonic(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2013
For country like ours,nothing is impossible. Desperation on the part of the president for the 2015 election. Only God knows better.
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by emiwanlee(m): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2013
If it is true, then, we don enta one chance

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Tolexander: 9:19am On Jul 27, 2013
pistol:

still saying the same thing with ilugun anyway!

Is this how we continue to pardon and justify criminals for our selfish future ambition which isn't clear and sure we are going to witness!

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by tawa89(f): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2013
Tolexander: still saying the same thing with ilugun anyway!

Is this how we continue to pardon and justify criminals for our selfish future ambition which isn't clear and sure we are going to witness!
please can you show us any proof that Al-Mustapha is a condemned criminal? Any proof at all?

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by pistol: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2013
Tolexander: still saying the same thing with ilugun anyway!

A court of competent jurisdiction cleared and acquitted him and mind you,
The lead prosecution counsel was APC via Lagos state government.
If Almustapha can deliver north east and northwest,
so be it.

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Willy4Willy: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2013
ilugunboy: Desperate party....doing very desperate and crazy things.
Nigeria is doomed
Have you forgotten Awolowo,
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Willy4Willy: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2013
pistol:
Gowon/Awolowo way
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2013
A killer party will be at home with a confirmed serial killer...

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by bankyblue(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2013
I didn't read it sha, but I know is what PDP can do.
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by sanklose: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2013
what happened to his presidential campaign
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by alphaconde(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2013
My God, as u have used men to deliver this man from prison and project him to fame and power, I pray u use men to deliver me from struggle and project me to fame and power. Amen.

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by kliq(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2013
I love dis Game!
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Willy4Willy: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2013
ilugunboy: A killer party will be at home with a confirmed serial killer...
Abiolas killed many Nigerians by stealing Government money, he was the first killer and later he was killed, no biggy.

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Chubhie: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2013
Truth is if PDP didnt make a move on this Guy, APC will cash in. The end justifies the means politics.
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2013
All anti Gej are fools to the highest order and will be fool and stupid untill christ come. Y are people so myopic? Politics is a game use ur strategy and win.More over Gej is working hard to better our country.

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by ayusco85(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2013
My people if the above is true, then i fear for 2015. Its gonna be bloody. And A̶̲̥̅♏ supposed to be A̶̲̥̅ corper by that time by his grace.

*my votes are for sale to the highest bidder* yes i said it

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Bantino(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2013
Anything can happen in Naija

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135: Hmhmm, so he was set free to be used by PDP to win states for them? What if he fails to win those states?

whether they win in those state or not, PDP will loose the presidency state if GEJ try to contest
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2013
Mustapha is definitely contesting for president but I see him going to ACN. The Abachas definitely have a say in his allegiance.
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by abu12: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2013
They stand for democracy till death

RIP to them

Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by bloggernaija: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2013
PDP
Nest of killers
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by PStacks(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Isn't this move rather too early...

GEJ people should pls answer..

Desperation for power didn't even make PDP know that a section of this country would forever mourn Kudirat Abiola..

Its such a Pity..

Now I see Al-Musthapha is truly innocent..

Goodluck to PDP.
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by bloggernaija: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2013
pistol:

A court of competent jurisdiction cleared and acquitted him and mind you,
The lead prosecution counsel was APC via Lagos state government.
If Almustapha can deliver north east and northwest,
so be it.

And the judge was
A certain corrupt entity from the usual place who once freed a corrupt governor
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by dady12: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2013
how can almustapha win all these states ?is it by magic or what? if he knows himself ,he should disregard the call by pdp and leave his peaceful life.pdp will only use him and dump him.NIGERIA IS NOT SOUTH AFRICA .his name is al mustpha not madella,he should be careful with this criminals that come with what will distroy his career and his due respect,pdp is sinking gradually,he should take a little observation of what is happening in nigeria politic before coming in to avoid;had i know?
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by dridowu: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2013
pistol:

bro, that is called desperation, desperation can go to any length either positive or nrgative
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Temismith(f): 10:59am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2013
Once the article starts with "there are strong indications" i just switch off cos am sure it is written by no other than ajegunle journalists grin

Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare / Heartbroken Mother Cries At Chibok Girls Lecture In Abuja. PICS / PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol