Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi (1332 Views)

"Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" / Oh God!!! See What Akure Indegenes Are Doing To Ndigbo Ooo!!! (must See) / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by BlackPikiN(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
As the news of the Lagos State government dumping of over 70 Nigerians it ‘deported’, at Onitsha spreads, causing anxiety all across the South East, Governor Peter Obi has strongly dispelled the rumors being bandied around in some quarters that there are plans to expel non-indigenes from the markets in the State. He assured that that there is no iota of truth in the rumour as it is not in the character of Anambra State people or their government to discriminate against other Nigerians. He called on every resident in the state to feel at home, freely go about their legal businesses, remain law-abiding and perform their civic obligations at all times.
The leader of the Muslim community in Onitsha, Alhaji Iliyasu Ashu equally confirmed that Governor Obi has been carrying everybody along, irrespective of tribe and religion and commended him for laying such a foundation for the state that has never been done before now.

http://abujavoice.com/there-are-no-plans-to-expel-non-indegenes-gove-obi/
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
And I caLl it maturity.
We are no longer in the era of an eye for an eye. When somebody feels threatened by your presence and abilities, he resorts to bullying which is wat I saw in Lagos state govt's action.
Maturity and civility demands you ignore him provided he can only scratch, but the surface!

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by nwabobo: 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Anambra state has always been 'Home for all'
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by FSU: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yoruba can not match Igbos in any yardstick.

The other time Yoruba people delibrately kidnapped Igbo traders in Yorubaland, in order to extort money from them. Yoruba traders in Anambra condemned it and were protected by Igbos.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by idumuose(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
An average igbo man's DNA does not have tribalism carved in it.
That's all I can say.
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Nightshift(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gov. Obi is showing some folks the difference between civilizations! He just rightfully showed where Fashola belongs - the club of ethnic bigots!

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by VAQAXY: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
Obi is the type of material that we need to lead this country..probably after GEJ completes his tenure in 2019.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by DerideGull(m): 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
Igbo culture and tradition require that guests in Igbo land be protected and served with hospitality a human being can afford.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by ak47mann(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
igbos are not tribalist in nature just that if you start on us get ready for a show down and we are extremist when we do others will think we are wicked.

u step on our toes we step on your head cool

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by mike404(m): 12:34am On Jul 28, 2013
OBIAGELLI AREN'T YOU GONNA COMMENT ON THIS THREAD
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Onlytruth(m): 1:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Behind Gov Obi 100%. A very good call. Anambra State, the EYE of the nation. cool

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by DuduNegro: 1:32am On Jul 28, 2013
Im happy to read these comments. More ibo almajiris should be deported to ease congestion in Lagos. Obi will absorb their population.
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by remarkD(m): 1:35am On Jul 28, 2013
at times I really wonder about our brothers on the other side of the river... a lot of things in their culture seem really weird and bizzare... esp when a whole Oba will rape an lady.... I mean... he couldn't control his joystick upon the sight of an Igbo lady... how can he control or rule his own people...
DerideGull: Igbo culture and tradition require that guests in Igbo land be protected and served with hospitality a human being can afford.
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by IGBOSON1: 1:49am On Jul 28, 2013
I've always been impressed with the cosmopolitan outlook and sense of brotherhood exhibited by the average Anambran; this feeling was cemented after the experience a relation of mine had when the old Anambra was split into two in the 90s. Also as i've pointed out b/4, my home town has strong historical/cultural/marital links with Onitsha, and this partly why i'm impatient for the state to develop, and it often looks like i'm being too hard on the state gov't.
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 28, 2013
What warranted this cautioning by Obi?

Does he even have the right to expel non natives?

Why the popularity comment?

You guys don't want it with the Yorubas at all... oBI CAN CONTINUE BEING POLITICAL WHEN COMMON SENSE IS ALL IT TAKES.

Seriously, Igbos don't want it with Yorubas in any sense negatively. Stop these tribal baiting. The issue of Babaloja shouldn't concern Igbos as long as the Babaloja is not infringing. i can't go to any Saudi city and tell them I'm a Christian thereby I won't obey the Emir or whatever they put in place. Your lack of willingness to respect other people's culture is appalling.

Last thing Igbos want to do is drag Yorubas into a tribal tension with them. A lot of damages will be done to Igbos believe me. Not saying this because of I'm Yoruba, I'm saying this because of the way things are currently in Nigeria. Respect your space.

And to the Lagos is a no man's land eediots, Go ahead, nothing wrong with that. When push come to shove, remember your home.

THE LAST TIME IGBOS MEDDLED WITH YORUBA POLITICS, 1MILLION IGBOS DIED! YOU GUYS STILL BLAME YORUBAS FOR THAT TILL TODAY. NOBODY IN YORUBA LAND bleeps WITH THEIR POLITICS ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NOT YOURUBA. SERIOUSLY, IF IGBOS CONTINUE TO DISRESPECT YORUBA'S TRADITIONAL POLITICS, I'M SORRY BUT YOU BITTERNESS TOWARDS YORUBAS WILL INCREASE A MILLION FOLDS AND THE YORUBAS STILL WOULDN'T GIVE A RAT ASS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ABOUT IT LIKE WE DO NOW EVEN AFTER THE 1 MILLION IGBOS THAT YOUR GREEDY BROTHERS STARVED TO DEATH, RAPED, KILLED AND DISMEMBERED.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by FSU: 2:04am On Jul 28, 2013
^^^^^
This time the war will be fought and won in Lagos. Try any shit and Lagos will be levelled to the ground. With Lagos gone, Yoruba will become super beggars. They are already beggars and the poorest southerners even with Lagos. Lagos will be the battle ground where Igbos will crush you.

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Sloan: 2:05am On Jul 28, 2013
They don't have any choice anyway! If a "deportation" battle started in Nigeria, everyone already know who will LOSE! Obi knows a lot better than to create a humanitarian crisis he or all of the governors in his area will NEVER be able to handle!
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Sloan: 2:08am On Jul 28, 2013
FSU: ^^^^^
This time the war will be fought and won in Lagos. Try any shit and Lagos will be levelled to the ground. With Lagos gone, Yoruba will become super beggars. They are already beggars and the poorest southerners even with Lagos. Lagos will be the battle ground where Igbos will crush you.

LWKMD! grin grin grin This is how you people made mouth in 1967 and till today, you are still crying! How can a visitor/tenant threaten to fight in a house he is a perpetual stranger? You people's mouth talk faster than your brains can think!
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by FSU: 2:09am On Jul 28, 2013
Sloan:

LWKMD! grin grin grin This is how you people made mouth in 1967 and till today, you are still crying! How can a visitor/tenant threaten to fight in a house he is a perpetual stranger? You people's mouth talk faster than your brains can think!

Like I said, the war will be fought and won in Lagos this time. That will be all for now.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by IGBOSON1: 2:39am On Jul 28, 2013
Sloan:

^^^Dude, in 1967 the 'mouth' as you call it saw Biafra face Nigeria (made up of: Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, Tiv, Berom, saboteurs within Biafra, etc-etc-etc), United Kingdom, Egypt, Cameroun, etc-etc-etc. The dynamics are much different today, not only within Nigeria, but worldwide. So use another example as the 1967 shi/t doesn't cut it!

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 28, 2013
E

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Sloan: 3:29am On Jul 28, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Dude, in 1967 the 'mouth' as you call it was saw Biafra face Nigeria (made up of: Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, Tiv, Berom, saboteurs within Biafra, etc-etc-etc), United Kingdom, Egypt, Cameroun, etc-etc-etc. The dynamics are much different today, not only within Nigeria, but worldwide. So use another example as the 1967 shi/t doesn't cut it!

We don't have time for empty brained mouthed boasters from your subdued land! When you people are ready to bring your 'A' game wake me up! grin grin
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Brimmie(m): 5:51am On Jul 28, 2013
IGBO-SON; Weed-Pikin.. Is That You!? grin grin

Guy, Quit Smoking Bamboo Leaf! cheesy cheesy
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by geeez: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2013
FSU: ^^^^^

[b]Level Lagos?

Where will you come through? Ogun? Ondo?

Later you will brag about owning properties in Lekki and Ikoyi. Anyone who has built any building with his/her money anywhere will not hope it gets destroyed someday

When the time comes, even the few you have will be taken from you for next to nothing

And FYI, if you took the GDP of Lagos away from the SW's GDP, what will be left of the SW states is still way higher than that of all the SE

Very soon, Ogun State's GDP will surpass that of the whole of the SE. The IGR of the state is already higher than that of three SE states put together and this happened in less than 2years.

The rate of development in the SW is higher than that of development any other region in this country. Today, if the SW was a country, it will be among Africa's top ten and don't give me that without-us-you-are-nothing crap

The only people that have developed Lagos are Yorubas because:

1. Since 1999, only Yorubas have ruled and only rulers can make development happen. (Would you be here or have wanted to continue here if a Theodore Orji had been governor all these while and 'developed' the state the same way he has Abia?)
2. A breakdown of the GDP of Lagos by sector shows that Yoruba dominated sectors contribute over 90% of the GDP so even if you moved, the the economy of the state won't be affected. Anyone can get into the business of trading. It's a no brainer. Need I add that crimes will drop by at least 80%[/b]
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 28, 2013
Losers and cowards.....

I thought I read here on Nairaland how some of you have been boasting and asking Obi to collect the 10 plots of land he gave the Yorubas back and hand it over to the deportee...

Now, it is your "culture" and Obi's "maturity"

Tell you guys what? If push come to shove in this contraption call Nigeria (as it will surely do) you guys with your ever chest beating and grandstanding will be thoroughly messed up.

My only joy is that most real Igbos that I know of and with huge stakes and investments here in Lagos hardly reason f00lishly like most of you do here.
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by AustineE1: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2013
0lumide:

I hope I won't have to come and rob this comment in your face when your arrogance has seen you expelled from Lagos..

Let me let you know something, strategically, Igbos should be the last people calling for or nursing war but too stupid to realise that. People like you will only come on NL to cry when limbs separating from bodies.

One thing, if your dream is to see Lagos levelled to the ground because of your tribal hatred and lack of content with what Yorubas have offered you guys so far, I'm sorry to tell you this but Alaigbo will be levelled to the ground 700 times before Lagos can ever be. Nigeria is not the only nation invested in Lagos. i doubt Nigeria's investment in Lagos is even up to that of foreigners so think twice who you will be fighting again. Again, Yorubas won't have to fight you because that will be tooo deadly.

It will probably be Hausas, Nupes, Edos, and other foreigners in Lagos because they won't stop eating because Igbos are trying to commit abomination. They will rather feed Igbos to dogs and beasts than see a city that has produced millions of millionaires among the common men burn to the ground. Trust me, yorubas can destroy any tribe in Nigeria easily because you lack alliance as Igbos, you are too arrogant to realize the benefits of alliance with neighbours. haahahahaha

And intellectually, you guys are growing individually and that is only after you move to Lagos lol..
typical of a yoruba man,you got into a fight with him,he starts by calling passer-by and his nieghbours to come oo,that you want to fight them oo.imagine this slippery creature,while the possibility of a battle between igbos and yorubas is being discussed,this tout is busy calling on Hausas,Nupe,Edos etc as those who will do the fight.Even within the Yoruba-parapo cycle,they know very well that igbos are in a different class from yorubas,a world ahead of yorubas in anyway you want it.Because Lagos was developed by federal govt and our common-wealth,as the former federal capital,every yoruba d i c k and harry is jumping into the band wagon of 'lagos has the highest GDP and most developed',i just hope that the Gwari people of Abuja shld also claim responsibility for developing Abuja....am eargly waiting for the dimwits to develop Osun,Ekiti,Ogun,Ondo and the brown zinc Ibadan!or are they nt yoruba states.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by geeez: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Austine.E:

typical of a yoruba man,you got into a fight with him,he starts by calling passer-by and his nieghbours to come oo,that you want to fight them oo.imagine this slippery creature,while the possibility of a battle between igbos and yorubas is being discussed,this tout is busy calling on Hausas,Nupe,Edos etc as those who will do the fight.Even within the Yoruba-parapo cycle,they know very well that igbos are in a different class from yorubas,a world ahead of yorubas in anyway you want it.Because Lagos was developed by federal govt and our common-wealth,as the former federal capital,every yoruba d i c k and harry is jumping into the band wagon of 'lagos has the highest GDP and most developed',i just hope that the Gwari people of Abuja shld also claim responsibility for developing Abuja....am eargly waiting for the dimwits to develop Osun,Ekiti,Ogun,Ondo and the brown zinc Ibadan!or are they nt yoruba states.

Lagos ceased to be the capital over 20 years ago and today the population is the fastest growing due to the influx if people. Why not Abuja? Lagos has developed the most since 1999 and it was led by Yorubas. Yorubas have always done this. We did it with the then Western Region as we were far ahead. Since the return to democratic rule in 1999, we have proven that we are the nation to beat. I must add that Calabar was also once the nation's capital.

And FYI, if you took the GDP of Lagos away from the SW's GDP, what will be left of the SW states is still way higher than that of all the SE

Very soon, Ogun State's GDP will surpass that of the whole of the SE. The IGR of the state is already higher than that of three SE states put together and this happened in less than 2years.

The rate of development in the SW is higher than that of development any other region in this country. Today, if the SW was a country, it will be among Africa's top ten and don't give me that without-us-you-are-nothing crap

The only people that have developed Lagos are Yorubas because:

1. Since 1999, only Yorubas have ruled and only rulers can make development happen. (Would you be here or have wanted to continue here if a Theodore Orji had been governor all these while and 'developed' the state the same way he has Abia?)
2. A breakdown of the GDP of Lagos by sector shows that Yoruba dominated sectors contribute over 90% of the GDP so even if you moved, the the economy of the state won't be affected. Anyone can get into the business of trading. It's a no brainer. Need I add that crimes will drop by at least 80%

1 Like

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Kingsley1000(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2013
Nightshift: Gov. Obi is showing some folks the difference between civilizations! He just rightfully showed where Fashola belongs - the club of ethnic bigots!
...Shut up! Wats d essence of kipping riffraffs in d state and call it civiliazation??am4rm anambra state,n i can tel u evrytin,as far as am concerned is all dis non-indigenes dat makes d state nt2step 2wards...peter ADA is acting dis kind, magnanimity is oda2 save his image...he nids2 add more sense in hiz brain...very sluggish in nature,,dats d part i goes mad whl rmberin him.
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by remarkD(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2013
roflmao.... spot on

The average yooba is a scary scary scary scary cat....

there is nothing they got (in a fight) and is why before they even make an attempt to fight... they will shout shout shout shout... talk talk talk talk.... you will think the sky is gonna fall... I mean... if someone who is not from Nigeria and doesn't know how these sissys operate sees that weak posters comment, the person will probably think "wow, this guy must be a strong man..." ...
not knowing that just a fake motion of a slap will bring the sissy down on his knees and start shivering like a mo-ron ready to make peace.... either that or they scurry away like a rat that has taken poison....

P.S. tis hilarious when a yooba says "trust me" ... the immediate thing to do is take the opposite of what he has asked you to trust him for... lol comedy at its best.

Austine.E:

Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by Nightshift(m): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Kingsley1000: ...Shut up! Wats d essence of kipping riffraffs in d state and call it civiliazation??am4rm anambra state,n i can tel u evrytin,as far as am concerned is all dis non-indigenes dat makes d state nt2step 2wards...peter ADA is acting dis kind, magnanimity is oda2 save his image...he nids2 add more sense in hiz brain...very sluggish in nature,,dats d part i goes mad whl rmberin him.
Obele nwa, you think you're making any sense? Go and drink your akamu, it's noon already!
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by nku5: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
Peter Obi has just earned my respect. He's made a wise choice not roll in the mud with pigs.

One Nigeria is one Nigeria. Till otherwise we know what to do
Re: There Are No Plans To Expel Non-indegenes – Gov Obi by emiye(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Igbos should seek for peace rather than war, they are the tribe that will likely suffer the biggest casualty, should there be a civil war. 2/3 of Igbos in Nigeria are outside of igbo states.

(1) (Reply)

APC Tells Jonathan, Feel Free To Join Our Party / Obi Of Onitsha: I Didn't Approve Apc's Rally / Jonathan, ASUU Find Ways Of Resolving Four Month Old Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.