Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! (1901 Views)

Why Is The Light Situation Getting Worse??? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Horrible light Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by LadyWinona: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
With respect to the light situation in the country, I was wondering whether the south east are being left out of the agenda. From what I was able to gather so far from previous articles, Lagos, Benin and Abuja seem to be the best lit areas in Nigeria.
So, using Anambra as a case note to represent the south East, I will appreciate it if nairalanders living in Anambra can tell us the light situation there. I guess starting from the big cities like Onitsha, Awka or Nnewi will be a good pointer. Thank you.

I had created the above post earlier on to know the 'light' situation in Anambra knowing fully well that it is epileptic at best. You can imagine my shock when I read this article https://www.nairaland.com/1377236/anambra-celebrates-3-weeks-uninterrupted in Vanguard.
Please, if you are an editor in Vanguard, please follow this thread as we the Anambra people show you the true picture of the light situation in our state. It is not as rosy as u have painted it so let no one envy us because it is actually far worse than you think. As for the politicians taking credit for nothing, I only have this to say to YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by KwoiZabo(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
What are you trying to say? if you live in anambra tell us the situation if you don't then its obvious you are looking for trouble.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Gboliwe: 3:59am On Jul 28, 2013
KwoiZabo: What are you trying to say? if you live in anambra tell us the situation if you don't then its obvious you are looking for trouble.
azzzin eh! undecided
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Sloan: 4:56am On Jul 28, 2013
Fresh air is lighting up SE as we speak! grin grin
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Kingsley1000(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Yea..in my abode at inland town,Onitsha,,we're having light like 12/24...buh in my town,Enugu ukwu,,derez neva anytin like power interruption.sup!
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by bobo09: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nnewi light is too bad, infact am using 4 nokia battery for my phone, sometimes I wonder why light is like this in this big city

1 Like

Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Electricity? Or light ?
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by dubem3(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kingsley1000: Yea..in my abode at inland town,Onitsha,,we're having light like 12/24...buh in my town,Enugu ukwu,,derez neva anytin like power interruption.sup!

am sorry to say this but YOU LIE

1 Like

Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by LadyWinona: 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmm mm.... Interesting. Currently, there is an article in Vanguard saying that there has been uninterrupted light for 3 weeks now in Anambra. I believe that someone had already posted it here in nairaland.com. https://www.nairaland.com/1377236/anambra-celebrates-3-weeks-uninterrupted. I am from the state and I am getting a completely different report from my people there.
So, is this mere propaganda? Do we fold our hands and watch these politicians that we call our leaders take credit for services yet to be rendered?
Pls, Anambrarians, let us give them a true picture of what is going on in this state believing that by doing this, someone out there in the helm of affairs can step in and correct this.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 30, 2013
AM IN OGIDI IDEMILI NORTH WE HAVE LIGHT FOR NEARLY 21HRS BUT IT IS NT UNINTERUPTED
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by theoctopus: 6:41am On Jul 30, 2013
If you are really intelligent, you would have noticed that it was an opposition person that even said it in that guardian report. Do you think Ngige is working for PSP or what. They have told you what is happening there. If you ain't satisfied, take a glass of water. The fact is that even if they say anambra is having uninterrupted power, there will still be some areas that will not be part of it because of other issues like bad transformer. But the generality of the state or state capital is what the report is referring to.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2013
NO LIGHT ABEG...I DEY TOUR ANAMBRA 24/7!
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by dridowu: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2013
Any Anambra citizen that lives in Anambra , pls proof the op right or wrong......................................
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by otokx(m): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2013
It appears the Anambrarians are IT shy.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by immaq8(f): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2013
Dear oop, am a living witness cox am a std staying @ ifite (commissioner qtas), awka.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by immaq8(f): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2013
dridowu: Any Anambra citizen that lives in Anambra , pls proof the op right or wrong......................................
d UPS is 2ru. Before we (IFITE-AWKA) do enjoy only 1day on, 1day off bt now its different. It's indeed uninterrupted power supply. Greatest ZIKITES!!
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by gunuvi(m): 9:01am On Jul 30, 2013
immaq8: Dear oop, am a living witness cox am a std staying @ ifite (commissioner qtas), awka.
You are a student and you are writing like this? You better start writing your words in full or else..
Now to come to the issue on ground.
I have a friend I just called now and he said they are enjoying average of 20 hours daily now.
That's all I can get for now.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by Olucheye(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2013
I'm a temporary resident of Anambra state and i can categorically state that there's 24hrs uninterrupted power supply in some parts of the state mostly towns.

Power supply in the major cities the OP highlighted is bad but take a trip to Ekeh, Nri, Agulu... You'll be shocked at how long power is available. For example, my friends around Nri said they've got power since 10am yesterday and it has not blinked.

However, in Awka, you're either subjected to one day on and the next off if you stay around Aroma n Ifite. Other parts of the town are at the mercy of the epileptic power while they rely on the use of Generators mostly.
Re: True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! by dridowu: 11:55am On Jul 30, 2013

(1) (Reply)

I Love You Stella Oduah! / INTERNATIONAL ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked As Special Force / No, Northerners Are Not Parasites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.