Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered (15486 Views)

APC Vows To Win All 36 National And State Assemblies Seats In Rivers Re-run / Jonathan’s Campaign Rice: Edo APC Vows To Petition EFCC, Presidency / APC Vows To Reject Anambra Election Result Due To Disenfranchised Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by chaloner(m): 9:03am On Jul 28, 2013
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has vowed to close down Abuja, the federal capital city, if by July 31, 2013 the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) fails to recognise it as a registered political party.

The APC is a merger of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP), Congress for Progress Change (CPC), sections of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the Democratic People’s Party (DPP).

Deputy National Secretary of the CPC and one of the major conveners of the APC, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, who reacted to strong feelings published by the media that the INEC was considering scuttling the registration of the merger party, warned that what is happening at the moment in Egypt and other countries would happen in Nigeria if the INEC decides not to register the party on the basis of any flimsy excuse.

Speaking yesterday to Sunday Independent on the issue, Obono-Obla, who represented the CPC in the interparty merger committee, said as much as the report is speculative, he believes that INEC will register the APC because it has no reason not to do so. He however warned that anything to the contrary would be seriously resisted in the streets of the country.

Obono-Obla said: “I don’t want to rely on that story. It may be speculative because I do not believe INEC would want to stand the law on the head by not registering the APC when we have complied religiously with all the procedures and all the requirements prescribed by the constitution and the Electoral Act. So, I will not want to give credence to that story. It is just a mere speculation.

“The information I have which is privileged is that INEC has given us a pass mark. They scored us 99 percent. The committee that INEC set up to go and see our secretariat and look into our papers scored us 98 percent. And INEC met on Thursday; that report was tabled before INEC and, from my source, the meeting was adjourned to Thursday next week and all things being equal, by next week INEC will make the announcement. You can put two and two together from what I have said and what you have read in that story. I believe that by Thursday when INEC reconvenes, INEC will register us.

“If there is an attempt not to do that, then we will know that our democracy is in trouble. Maybe what is happening in Egypt, Turkey and Brazil would take place in Nigeria because we are going to march to Abuja and demonstrate until we are registered. If there is any attempt to fail to register us, we are going to do that. We are going to show that we are the biggest party in Africa, not the PDP; that APC is the biggest party in Africa. We will mobile our supporters; we will storm Abuja and close it down.”

The CPC chieftain said as long as the APC was concerned, it met all the requirements set by the law and the procedures of INEC, stressing that the rival African Peoples’ Congress (APC) which he described non-existent as a registered political party cannot stop the merger party from being registered.

His words: “As I said previously, our application was submitted on the 8th of June, 2013. And section 84(6) says INEC has 30 days to take the decision, but when they fail to take the decision, at the expiration of the 30 days, the party is deemed registered.

“If you read that report, the media adviser to INEC has reacted to that story. He said the time will start to run from the 1st of July when we submitted the list of Interim National Officers. For that one the 30 days will elapse on the 31st of July 2013. I believe that by the 31st of July the party will stand registered whether or not INEC says so or not. And I do not have any cause to believe that INEC does not want to register us because of the pending case. That case does not concern us at all because there is no restraining order that says that INEC should not register us. That case is just a child’s play by some desperate people who are under the payroll of the PDP.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/inec-registration-well-shut-down-abuja-apc-vows.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

HahahaHaHaah LWKKMDD , seun y na , register this people na, u can even put them on ROMANCE section here ... grin , APC if I here any noise at abuja , na koboko things for una back.........#fressAir grin

16 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by nwabobo: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2013
Hahaha! Do they want to intimidate INEC into registering them?

1 Like

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Prowizy2(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Shutdown abuja?

2 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by chaloner(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2013
nwabobo: Hahaha! Do they want to intimidate INEC into registering them?
my man you are first to comment abeg. Ask me I dnt knw dere plan ...... But I trust ABJ security men na , na koboko things

2 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by omon24(m): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2013
i go only join una wen i see all una children, no be only one of urs oo, all ur kids for front then i go kno say una serious. Talkin abt egypt and d likes, wat have they achievd afta all d troubles? Guys, think!!

11 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Toheeb31(m): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2013
Lwkmd... Shutdown Abuja
Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by ayusco85(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2013
Does Abuja have A̶̲̥̅ gate they can shutdown? Abi abuja don turn windows 7 wey person fit shut down?

15 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Maxymilliano(m): 10:03am On Jul 28, 2013
Empty threat ...

1 Like

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by bestview: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2013
The clown tinubo should get prepared to be whipped like an area boy he is..

5 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by mrking3(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2013
Is APC a political party? We all know that †ђξ stupid party was hurriedly set up to fight Jonathan! Nothing More! What Ideology do they have? Nothing!! A party of Bigots and Religious Extreemists can't stand †ђξ Test of Time!!

15 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2013
party, party, party....... Dats all we hear. Think about it, is the political party d problem of nigeria or the people? Nigeria has been ruined by the people in d party and not the party itself. PDP or merger party is not d problem we have is dis country, its the people dat pilot their affairs.

Whether APC or PDP or what ever rules dis country, if we dont change our life style toward corruption, greed, favouratism, tribalism etc, dis country wil still be under the same bondage.

Now they are talking about going to abuja to shut it down with people wife, husbands and children when their own is somewhere around d bahamas chilling in exotic hotel and beach. And wen d poor and oppress finish the dirty work, they will impose their children as assembly members, traditional title holders and wives become senators.

Its high time we come out to let dis leaders know dat we cannot b fool anymore. I use to agree that d words of elders, are d words of wisdom bt not any more. The youth are wise enough to have their own words.

My candid advice to this elders is to realize and understand that leadership is not for a function of the political party, bt a function of the political will to change the fortunes of the people. God bless and unite this great nation.

51 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by solomon111(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lol.
The spirit of terrorism inherent in APC is beginning to manifest.

15 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by bloggernaija: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nigeria can chose her own president.
Once ACN picks up ondo state in the next election,fashola will be sitting right at the head of the state within a state via southwest integration .
Nigeria can have her own president and deal with all the fresh air.

3 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by adino(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Make una see correct koboko, frogjump and teargas tins. God will punish all of them apc if they cannot shut Abuja down.
Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Afam4eva(m): 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lmao...the recent utterances emanating from APC can best be descibed as comedic. Shut down Abuja? Like seriously?

But i wonder why INEC has failed to register this party. is the registration of parties now difficult?

3 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by gramci: 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Just hope musiwa will provide satellite coverage of the protest cool

1 Like

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by SlyIg(f): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
I get padlock for una! Lubbish...
Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by BigLebowski: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Almajirirs from Kano and Lagos Agbereos VS JTF/MOPOL/SSS.

This will be good!

1 Like

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by PapaBrowne(m): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
There is only one word for this nonsense

[size=15pt]NOISEMAKING[/size].

There is only one name for this group

[size=15pt]EMPTY BARRELS[/size]

10 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by ugoezeb(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ok...shey na dis wednesday? So many tins will happen on dis wednesday...even my salary will be paid.

4 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by ugoezeb(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ok...shey na dis wednesday? So many tins will happen on dis wednesday...even my salary will be paid. #am so apy.
Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Awake9ja(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
wrong step by APC if they eventually take this action.

the demonstration will end up in violence bcus hoodlums or opposition may take advantage.

atlast everybody will see the APC as extremist party therefore most will choose to vote GEJ just to avoid blood shed.
Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by BigLebowski: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Awake9ja: wrong step by APC if they eventually take this action.

the demonstration will end up in violence bcus hoodlums or opposition may take advantage.

atlast everybody will see the APC as extremist party therefore most will choose to vote GEJ just to avoid blood shed.

There are no hoodlums in Abuja. APC will have to import their hired crowd of kano almajiris and Lagos Agbereos.

2 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Awake9ja(m): 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
Big_Lebowski:

There are no hoodlums in Abuja. APC will have to import their hired crowd of kano almajiris and Lagos Agbereos.

of course I want APC To fail but not on expense of someone's life.

1 Like

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
nwabobo: Hahaha! Do they want to intimidate INEC into registering them?

Right on Cue-
First Lapdog Reporting for duty.
Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by 1MCN: 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Sometime ago, some people said here on NL that they were going to stage a protest in Abuja on a particular Thursday to register their displeasure over the leadership style of Mr Jonathan. I never heard that the protest held. Now, another one. Is it now a Thursday, Thursday threat?

But, how I wish I could see the children of Momoh, Tinubu, Buhari, Obla, Lai, Fashakin, etc on the forefront. Or, sorry, they're all on Summer holiday in Miami and Bahama beaches. Anyways, there'll always enough of "the ordinary Nigerians in defence of democracy" to do the protesting for them.

7 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by badmrkt(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
Yorubas behold your abegoros leader(Tinubu)
Hausas behold your boko haram leader(buhakoram)
Others hang on 'fresh air' till eternity...'Fresh Air'an' followers press like if you agree...

30 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Boy2boy: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
badmrkt: Yorubas behold your abegoros leader(Tinubu)
Hausas behold your boko haram leader(buhakoram)
Others hang on 'fresh air' till eternity...'Fresh Air'an' followers press like if you agree...
ode

8 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by igbokwesampson(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
By this statement, u need not to be told the angle this ghost political party(APC) is coming from, I jxt pray Nigerians will shine there eyes an make" hay while the sun shine" by making the right decision at the rigt time. Nigerians now know the true face of Boko Haram sponsors, party of the violent by violence and for the violent

4 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by Myself2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
PapaBrowne: There is only one word for this nonsense

[size=15pt]NOISEMAKING[/size].

There is only one name for this group

[size=15pt]EMPTY BARRELS[/size]
ayusco85: Does Abuja have A̶̲̥̅ gate they can shutdown? Abi abuja don turn windows 7 wey person fit shut down?

[size=14pt]Don't mind the thieving hypocritical dictatorial drug pushing nonentities.People should stop addressing them as APC,they're ACN/CPC,another party;African Peoples Congress approached INEC first with that name and there in no way Tinubu and his gang will now be registered under that name,unless INEC wants to be embroiled in very deep legal wahala[/size]

4 Likes

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by BrokenTV: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Very soon the almajiri s and lagos agberos, APC have on nairaland will start before being join by their counter part.

1 Like

Re: APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered by chaloner(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
But WAIT oooo, so this post can't make FRONT PAGE ? Hahahhahahhah! APC MODs .......all the same we shall achieve our aim here. Agbero Progressive Citizens grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Considers Zoning National Chairmanship Position To The North / Shehu Na’Allah Kura Resigns As Kano Commissioner, Defects To NNPP / Peter Nwachukwu Didn’t Escape, Says Correctional Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.