Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) (12205 Views)

Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times / Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM / Maryam Uwais - "Senator Yerima And Constitutional Review" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by mickyarams: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Right now as it stands marriage under the age of 18 is illegal, and if this Al Jazeera report is anything to go by Senator Ahmed Yerima who wed his 13 year old bride in Abuja has broken the law against under age marriage which still stands! So why is this man not in jail & why is he still serving as a Nigerian senator?!
Watch the 49 year old senator use the religion of Islam to defend his marrying of a 13 year old Egyptian girl. According to him he is just following the teachings of Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQJ8Rbgiox4
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/307983-video-of-49-year-old-senator-yerima-defending-child-marriage.html

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by ct2: 9:29am On Jul 29, 2013
I to comment

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by twaintoy(f): 9:33am On Jul 29, 2013
ct)(:
I to comment
LOL. Me to comment
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 29, 2013
This man is a disgrace to the Nigerian legislature. He's so annoyin aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by BrightCar: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2013
Yerimma should be jailed for child abuse!!GEJ haters will not talk on atrocities like this, perhaps they have forgotten that gej gave Yerimma consent to child abuse.
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by talktrue1(m): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2013
One hundred thousand US dollars as dowry!!!
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Eneze1(f): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2013
if Nigeria was a sane society this man should be rotting in jail now, but reverse is the case

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2013
Someone should arrest this guy.
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2013
That man is an ANIMAL
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by AGgal(f): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2013
See his mouth! Who even made him a senator?
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2013
Why is this man still on the loose....? Even still alive?
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by drake2005: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Lets stop all the hate and insolence directed at Sen. Yerima. His intent might sound pedophilic, however, he makes a strong legal argument in the interview. Did you guys watch the video clearly? I want us to approach this debate sensibly, intelligently and factually. The man said he is following the teachings and religion of Islam. That, if Islam forbade such or if the Quran says otherwise, he will back out. Now, here is where it gets tricky, Nigerian constitution guarantees the practice of Islam in Nigeria; in order words, what he is doing is legal and within the confines of the law. Do I support this; No. I'm only interpreting the facts. We should direct our anger at Islam and not him. Have the Imams spoken in droves against him? No.

13 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by 3ace(m): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2013
I wish I could just Photoshop this Yerima alive into Spartacus make those Thracians mess am up. Idiƶt!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Brilliance9000: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2013
drake2005: Lets stop all the hate and insolence directed at Sen. Yerima. His intent might sound pedophilic, however, he makes a strong legal argument in the interview. Did you guys watch the video clearly? I want us to approach this debate sensibly, intelligently and factually. The man said he is following the teachings and religion of Islam. That, if Islam forbade such or if the Quran says otherwise, he will back out. Now, here is where it gets tricky, Nigerian constitution guarantees the practice of Islam in Nigeria; in order words, what he is doing is legal and within the confines of the law. Do I support this; No. I'm only interpreting the facts. We should direct our anger at Islam and not him. Have the Imams spoken in droves against him? No.

Makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by igbsam(m): 10:03am On Jul 29, 2013
Someone should please castrate this mad dog on the loose. Yerima or yamayama should be rotting in jail by now. He still had the guts to appear on public channel trying to prove the points of child marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by akatonero(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2013
He's a disgraced to the entire northerners legislators. Birds of dsame feathers
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by kingarizona(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2013
Even his name sounds STUPID "yerima"
So what do u expect!
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by dridowu: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2013
Underage marriage is rubbishhhhhhhhhh.
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by 3ace(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2013
drake2005: Lets stop all the hate and insolence directed at Sen. Yerima. His intent might sound pedophilic, however, he makes a strong legal argument in the interview. Did you guys watch the video clearly? I want us to approach this debate sensibly, intelligently and factually. The man said he is following the teachings and religion of Islam. That, if Islam forbade such or if the Quran says otherwise, he will back out. Now, here is where it gets tricky, Nigerian constitution guarantees the practice of Islam in Nigeria; in order words, what he is doing is legal and within the confines of the law. Do I support this; No. I'm only interpreting the facts. We should direct our anger at Islam and not him. Have the Imams spoken in droves against him? No.
Since Nigeria is a secular state, I will continue to attack him. He should be sensible enough to know that such can only be possible in a predominantly Muslim area or region. When he was the governor of Zamfara, he started sharia law which generated little restrictions from Nigerians because not all States and citizens will be affected. But this one is different-such amendment to the constitution will affect everybody including me and you expect me to keep quiet? Hell No! And like you advised, I won't focus on Islam because that's their religion; it's their life. If he likes, he can also go ahead and marry a 2-year old child; na dia wahala be dat including the father of the girl but they shouldn't impose it on all Nigerians because we all are not Muslims.

10 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by armadeo(m): 10:16am On Jul 29, 2013
Fp.thank God

Yerima na wa 4 u oh. Islamor not u are a paedophile the thought of wedding a 13yr old is nauseating and you are here glorying in it. Sick bastard.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by bebe2(f): 10:17am On Jul 29, 2013
Disgusting
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2013
If the government persist not to arrest Yarima and his cohort,,,,if they didn't let him rot in jail for child abuse, then I will send this to his supporters here on nairaland, tell Yarima not to come anywhere around lagos or Ondo state.......or else, his skull will loose some bones as stone will be use to part it away.

Since the government wont charge him to the judicial court, we will charge him to jungle court and let him face jungle justice.

#yarima must not come to south west

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by ddeola: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2013
This is what is called PAEDOPHILE loving to have sex with children or under-aged. If he likes, let him continue to quote the "Holy book" it doesn't change anything. Imagine a fully matured man having sex with a 13 years old, this is unfair for God's sake

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2013
Good Muslims are Bad People. Yerima is a Very Good Muslim.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by lecrae(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2013
religion is just messing things up. where are the muslims wu will come against im. If they don't then i wuld really agree dat their religion is an insane one.
Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by chiwuike20: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2013
I must tell u, my friend, dat if d practice of religion is done in totalty, there will be chaos, eg if d traditionalist r allowed to practice what they believe, human sacrifice will continue. Human sacrifice is a strong element of worship and dedication to the traditionalist religion. But dis is frowned @ by d more popular religion and laws. Muslims have to 4go some of their not-too-important practice 4 d general good of the state. Dis is d essence of politics. If by marrying an adult one does not lose his place in heaven, y not 4go d pleasure 4 all d populace of d country. However u look @ it, yerima is simply a pleasure seeker using religion as a pretext

12 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2013
3ace: Since Nigeria is a secular state, I will continue to attack him. He should be sensible enough to know that such can only be possible in a predominantly Muslim area or region. When he was the governor of Zamfara, he started sharia law which generated little restrictions from Nigerians because not all States and citizens will be affected. But this one is different-such amendment to the constitution will affect everybody including me and you expect me to keep quiet? Hell No! And like you advised, I won't focus on Islam because that's their religion; it's their life. If he likes, he can also go ahead and marry a 2-year old child; na dia wahala be dat including the father of the girl but they shouldn't impose it on all Nigerians because we all are not Muslims.
exactly.because i will not let one raving mad man pretending to be normal because he is in suit and speaking english indirectly affect or influence the lives of my little cousins,neices,sisters and prospective daughters.this should not even be what those savages should even be talking about when there is so much illiteracy,squalor,infrastructural decay and violence,child and maternal mortality prevalent in his state.he is not dealing with those issues,he is still blabbing.mshewwwwwwwww.wild beast.the muslims will not come out and talk now o,the muslim women will sit down and be doing like mumu,the muslim clerics too will be be screamiming alahu akbar on mega phones.when pertinent issues come up like this,all they know how to do is pretend as if they dont know when they are actually aware.when one wild beasts gives them money,they will loose their sense of rationality and sell off their child in the name of islam.

Tufiaaaakwa.may God forbid evil :/

how they dont even find it sickening is beyond me.smh:/

4 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima Defending Child Marriage (Video) by tomzman: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2013
Yerima should be flogged. I cant even imagine it. Marrying or sleeping with a 13 year old or even a 15 year old is extremely disgusting. Yerima needs to have his head examined.
Now I'll pose this to the muslims. You guys should come out and speak concerning this. Where is Lagosshia, Deols, maclatunji, tbaba and the rest? You guys should not go into hiding on this one. What is Islam's stand on this!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suleja Academy MERIT Admission List Out, Ndigbo Take 46% Of Available Slots. / Kogi Officials In Anambra To Learn Creative Governance Strategies / Withdrawal Of $1bn ECA: PDP Charges NASS To Sanction President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.