Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? (5742 Views)

Prove You Are President Of All – NUJ Tells Buhari / One Year After 2011 Election: Here Are President Jonathan's Achievements? / You Are President! What Do You Do First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Kei144(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
Before addressing corruption, the nation must get all its institutions to operate in line with international standards. Why should FRSC force people to change their number plates, if not for the mere purpose of making money at the expense of the public. Do other nations of the world command their citizens to change number plates from time to time? Nigeria Police should operate the way Police Forces around the world do. Nigerian universities should operate the way universities in sane societies operate. In fact, this country needs a rebirth. There is need to go back to discover how the various institutions were run just before or just after independence. Most of the people that ran the institutions in those days are either dead or very old; but now is the last chance this country has to rediscover from these old people how national institutions are run in sane societies. It is only after Nigeria has been born again that any person could tackle corruption. Attempting to tackle corruption in the present scheme of things in Nigeria will be chasing after the wind.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ReubenAbati: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
[size=18pt]ODIKWA LIZKY[/size]
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Decryptor(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
The most potent way to deal with corruption is to set an example using those who are guilty of it! Firstly, i'd make sure that all the past leaders of Nigeria and their croonies and are prosecuted in the court of law for various "evident" and glaring corrupt practices and given sentences from public execution to life imprisonment after which their assets will be seized!

Secondly, i'll cut down the sizes of the numerous ministries we have by getting rid of the useless and ineffective ones (eg: Women Affairs, NDDC, Special Duties etc),merging the ones which are inter-related and ensuring strict compliance to the functions and obligations of such ministries!

Overhaul the military and para-miitary and ensure that only degree holders are enrolled into membership especially the police!

Ensure that every politicial and public office holder declare his/her assets before taking an oath of office and after serving his/her time in order to discourage embezellment of public funds and money laundering which will be punishable by death!

Make provisions for every Nigerian to have his/her identity in a national central database to monitor both personal income and vocation so as to checkmate financial crimes and balance monetary income and lifestyle . Eg: a case where a vulcanizer will suddenly buy a BMW X5 (he'll have an explaination to do as to where the money came from) since that does not match his lifestyle.

Remove the control of Oil and petroleum products from the hands of private individuals to be controlled by the Govt/Min for Petroleum.

And finally, create a Min for Religious Affairs to enforce taxation on Pentecostal Churches based on membership and financial proceeds! grin

These are just the main things i will start with...there are still others but time will not permit me

Vote Decryptor for President 2019

1 Like

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
Break off the north angry
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by trista(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Anybody who thinks corruption can be tackled that easily is just clueless (no offense). for God's sake, even America, a developed country has its certain degree of corruption not to talk less of this under developed country of ours. Someone said that, an Authoritarian is what we need, well that's bullshit! That with no explanation needed will only make things worse. We've seen it before haven't we? As a wise friend once replied on this thread earlier in quote "how can corruption be tackled when you need corruption to enter power in the first place? That's a great rhetorical question." I've said it and I will say it again, its only with the miracle of God we will be salvaged from this troubled country of ours. Besides, it can't even be solved under one cabinet, the time is too short for one man to rectify so much damage in our economy already. That's my opinion though. Am out!

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by moscobabs(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
managing corruption will be the easiest thing to handle for me.I will make Oath by Sango(God of thunder) a compulsory for all the Leaders(from Local Government counselors to the Vice president).instead of the Bible and Quran .God is very gentle he does not judge immediately but if u try Sango.na instant death ooo
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
anybody guilty of corruption,if a govt official will be remove from the post immediately and none of his/her generation ll never been been gvn any apointment in any public institution,15 yrs jail term and seizure of property.if not a govt official,20yrs jail term n seizure of properties
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by IboBoyNuel(m): 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
How will I manage it? Na me start am? We are all nigerians..if we get there we go still chop the money clean mouth...my own nah to collect my own share step down..sharp sharp
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Positiveminds(m): 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
Stubborn sickness needs stubborn treatment. Drain the blood out of every nigerian.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
1. Creating a stronger institutions

2. Educating the Children and Empowering Youth

3. Building a stronger legislate and judiciary

4. Arrest corrupt politicians and charge them to criminal court......serving as scape goat

5. Bringing sango, Ogun and Oranmiyan to every government houses (building national shrines and allowing public officials taking oath with Esu)
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2013

"How would you if you were", not "if you are".

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by breaktro: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Corruption has eaten so deep into almost every Nigerian but I believe we can still manage it to a reasonable extent.I think the first step to take is to make sure all political offices are placed on the same salary level with a level 12 civil servant thereby making the office a more purposeful one with the aim of serving,rather than looting.Also,there should be basic re orientation of every Nigerian on the need to be an entreprenuer and at this point,the government shld fund and encourage small scal business to the highest point as this will make them very attractive and we knw a busy mind yields a lot.Vocational schools shld be promoted very well and funded so that youths don't need to start runin up and dwn the street aftwr school thereby going into fraud and other things.The anti corruption laws and bodies should be made stronger,firmer and serious minded and well funded so as to folo up every detail of corruption wit seriousness.If every basic Amenity is provided for everyone and social security also exisisting,why should any one see a functioning society where everytn is workn and ur basic needs are met by the govt and hav a high sense of corruption?if we can get these things togeda,we can go a long way curbing this from the basics at least
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by samuel900(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Abu Mikey: This!!
a child who says when he's old he will use the head of a bird to eat....
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Haircut(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
I would setup a transparent monitoring platform accessible by all Nigerians where all government activities can be further scrutinized and challenged by ordinary citizens. this will go a long way in reducing corruption.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ERF: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
The only way corruption can be curbed is by making it clear to yhurself that "you ain't becoming the president for money, fame, investment or what av you...buh for the betterment of the country" anything can happen if you wanna make it happen.

Mind you, Jonathan can curb 70percent of corruption outta 9ja if he wants it just that errm... He may go back to his father's village after his tenure (of which is impossible)

Greed is the sole factor of corruption
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ocholiogoh: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Corruption is a thing that can not be eliminated totally but it can be reduced to the minimum......
if am made president!!.what i shall do first and foremost...... I will announce life imprisonment or death sentence on any corrupt persons or body.....secondly i shall make my Govt accountable & transperance i.e engaging youths,establishing technical centers for apprenticeshipp and also focus on quality education ....and atleast stipens for youths to keep them busy and away
from bad thinking.......
e.t.c.......
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by eagleeye2: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
1forall: Death for corrupt practices would be the most effective policy.
This will most likely reduce the incidence of corrupt practices, and also corrupt persons will most likely leave the country.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
trista: Anybody who thinks corruption can be tackled that easily is just clueless (no offense). for God's sake, even America, a developed country has its certain degree of corruption not to talk less of this under developed country of ours. Someone said that, an Authoritarian is what we need, well that's bullshit! That with no explanation needed will only make things worse. We've seen it before haven't we? As a wise friend once replied on this thread earlier in quote "how can corruption be tackled when you need corruption to enter power in the first place? That's a great rhetorical question." I've said it and I will say it again, its only with the miracle of God we will be salvaged from this troubled country of ours. Besides, it can't even be solved under one cabinet, the time is too short for one man to rectify so much damage in our economy already. That's my opinion though. Am out!

The OP never asked how to eradicate it but how to manage it, yes, you cant get rid of it, but at least minimize it to minimum, but when all we touch as a nation is corrupt, then, we have a problem . . e very aspect of the govt and the people are just corrupt
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by oneking(m): 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
by killing all the corruptees via capital punishment period!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by johnsonjosbles(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
babeface3: Sack all the present policemen and employ new people cry cry
. Ĩ̷̊ agree with you, reqruit new educated onece, then place a death sentence on who ever ȋ̝̊̅§ indicted regardless of status. Remenber. Nigeria fear to die.wich means Iτ̅ ȋ̝̊̅§ posible 4 curoption to vanish. Also any convicted person's family menber shld be label corupt FAMILY. And shld never alow to paticipate in any public isue even must not alow to talk in public. Tru dis, all nigeria families will never celiberate dia son's or daugther's curupt sucess knowing already they are the victims of †ђξ sitiation
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by oneking(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
by killing all the corruptees via capital punishment period! Too much grammer only aggravates corruption,just uproot it from the root !

1 Like

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
omiobo: www.nairaland.com/1375509/president-nigeria-how-stop-corruption#17089669

Moderator,you are suppose to edit the topic of this thread not create another one.

https://www.nairaland.com/1375509/president-nigeria-how-stop-corruption#17089669

seriously I can see corruption already on NL. I already created the topic and a frnd to a moderator copied it, and like a flash its on fp.
This is the corruption we r talking about. 9ja we ve a long way to go...
@moderator dont hide my post or ban me o cos na truth I dey talk
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Youngzedd(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
![size=13pt]It begins with you![/size]
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Ayoobscom(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
The reason there's so much corruption is bcoz nobody ever really love Nigeria in reality..if Nigeria must survive and corruption be eradicated,there's need for fragmentation/ regional govt whereby individual region will manage the affairs of its region with sincerity,love and passion,not the greed,money stealing competition we currently have

Nigeria cannot survive or avoid corruption as long as it remains a whole,but with regional govt competition for distinct region to develop @ its own pace will improve quality of life and functionality as well as geographical consciousness

So,i will simply slpit Nigeria up into Northern,Western and southern regions and then individual will struggle for superiority and corruption will go into extinction.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ziccoit: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
I would make sure I came into power not by buying the electoral commission. This is the only way I could look into anybody's eyes without blinking.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Adufaye(m): 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
Any body wey loot,steal,give/receive bribe, go get his useful hand cut(I mean d hand wey e dy use write)

Wen I don show xample dem go knw say I serious.

Any president wey but dis law,I swear tinz go beta
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by nijanigga: 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
Take heed to this warning and stop wasting Nigeria's money for political aggrandizement.
"Saudi Prince Alwaleed warns against falling oil demand"

source:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/29/saudi-alwaleed-oil-idUSL6N0FZ07Y20130729?feedType=RSS&feedName=rbssEnergyNews&rpc=43
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by gbigbega: 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
omiobo:
Corruption can never be eradicated,it can only be managed.

I think one of the greatest mistakes made is trying to manage corruption instead of eradicating it. The word manage means, there is nothing you can do to cure or stop it. You only try to maintain, worship and serve it so that you can live along side with it. This is what all our leaders are doing and that is why corruption is still prevailing.

Sickness like cancer, diabetes etc are the types that are managed because they have no cure. Malaria and polio etc are to be eradicated because they are curable and all effort is put in making sure it dies even though we still have traces of it here and there.

We are still in big trouble when the campaign towards corruption is to manage instead of eradicate. As it is with diseases, it will eventually consume its victims. We all need to face it with an 'eradicate it' mentality.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Aliyeous(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
Simple jst format d brain of evry nigerian including urself n u ar gud 2 go...
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by orgasticdance: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
by getting rid of oil, easy money.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by trolling(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
annihilate all the wicked leaders
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Originalsly: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmmm...manage/reduce corruption.I'll start at the top...introduce the death penalty for corruption and seize all assets of anyone found guilty.Give 30 days Annette for all ministers, governors, police chiefs etc to come clean and return looted funds/assets ...confess of bribes they have given and received and name the people involved.Within 2 weeks of the amnesty I'll start executing the most prominent members of government who did not take advantage of the amnesty. I think in time the message would be clear....not that it would stop corruption But will reduce it a lot. China does it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Riot In Ede Land, Osun State As Elemo Dies / Millitary Degree 4 The Repressive Anti People's Law Of Grandpa Buhari- Ifeduba / The Real Identity Of Arepo Militants And Why APC Govt Approved Bombing Of Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.