Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? (5741 Views)

Prove You Are President Of All – NUJ Tells Buhari / One Year After 2011 Election: Here Are President Jonathan's Achievements? / You Are President! What Do You Do First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
Funny how this was the interview question I was asked after NYSC..I got the job though but later declined the offer..here are the 10 points I raised:

1. Decentralize the FG in order words make the presidency unattractive to would-be opportunist. This can be achieved by the practice of "true" federalism where all federating units (FU) are self sustaining.

2. Now, there would be an healthy competition among the federating units(FU). Good thing is FUs are closer to the people and would be forced to be accountable to the people they are mandated to serve.

3. Anti-corruption agencies should be independent of the FUs.

4. Chairman of the Electoral Commission should be appointed by the Council of the Supreme Court Judge.

5. Key decisions like Constitution Amendment, salary and emoluments of public officials should be put up for Referendum.

6. The Police welfare should be improved upon and any policeman found wanting would be summarily dismissed.

7. Campaign fund of politicians should be audited by independent firms like KPMG etc.

8. All politicians must be mandated to declare their assets before and after taking an elective post (ditto for appointed positions)

9. No elected official should seek medical help abroad. Ditto for education for their kids. If they must, it should not be at the expense of tax payers.

10. Capital punishment for corruption offenders.

NB:Stuffs like NEPA project, road construction contracts, etc which have gulped down billions of dollar without
commensurate improvement in service delivery will all be handled by FUs. Some states depends on hand-outs from FG (in the current arrangement), such states will be on their toes and devise a plan to harness her own resources. NO STATE IN NIGERIA IS WITHOUT RESOURCES!

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nigeria defies logic , the best and honest Nigerian cannot rule nigeria , the only way out is to outsource our country presidency to a CONSULTANT PRESIDENT that does not have a Nigerian orientation or Mentality , that individual should just have a due diligence mentalilty and have never lived in Nigeria before , for example , an ex CEO of a successful multinational company , can run Nigeria , hire him on a 5 year contract ( with a solid KPI -Key performance Index roll out , there are loads of ex CEO runing countries like UAE and Jordan and doing a good job , the owner of London Gatwick Airport is a Nigerian ( with an American mentality ) he hired competent hands to run the airport ..and the transformation is just mind blowing day by day .
A nigerian cannot rule Nigeria ,just forget it , a full nigerian President is just copying what he learnt in the society he came out from , you cannot blame Jonathan , its just impossible , a Nigerian that has not mixed with the nigerian society , must likely he will succeed in running the country ...thats why the army do well in Nigeria for a while until they start to mix with the civilians then things start to change ,,e.g Babangida , the guy was ok until he start going out with the civilian rich folks .
Democracy is not for Africans , we need Kingship cracy , where the king will hire competent hands ..
one more thing , lets make Nigeriaa cashless society and disbsand our police and hire ex police from abroad and a contract basis .. trust me i can change Nigeria in 2 years , its not that hard and we dont need to pray about it , God has given us the wisdom and resources..

the oyibos are getting of us brownies we are putting strain on therir systtem . which is not fair on them to be honest , the oyibo should be working for us by now but we have embraced poverty ,shame and wickedness ..and sham religion ... vote for me in the next election ..this thing is not hard NIGERIA .

1 Like

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 5:35pm
Nigeria defies logic , the best and honest Nigerian cannot rule nigeria , the only way out is to outsource our country presidency to a CONSULTANT PRESIDENT that does not have a Nigerian orientation or Mentality , that individual should just have a due diligence mentalilty and have never lived in Nigeria before , for example , an ex CEO of a successful multinational company , can run Nigeria , hire him on a 5 year contract ( with a solid KPI -Key performance Index roll out , there are loads of ex CEO runing countries like UAE and Jordan and doing a good job , the owner of London Gatwick Airport is a Nigerian ( with an American mentality ) he hired competent hands to run the airport ..and the transformation is just mind blowing day by day .
A nigerian cannot rule Nigeria ,just forget it , a full nigerian President is just copying what he learnt in the society he came out from , you cannot blame Jonathan , its just impossible , a Nigerian that has not mixed with the nigerian society , must likely he will succeed in running the country ...thats why the army do well in Nigeria for a while until they start to mix with the civilians then things start to change ,,e.g Babangida , the guy was ok until he start going out with the civilian rich folks .
Democracy is not for Africans , we need Kingship cracy , where the king will hire competent hands ..
one more thing , lets make Nigeriaa cashless society and disbsand our police and hire ex police from abroad and a contract basis .. trust me i can change Nigeria in 2 years , its not that hard and we dont need to pray about it , God has given us the wisdom and resources..

the oyibos are getting of TIRED of us Africans we are putting strain on their systtem . which is not fair on them to be honest , the oyibo should be working for us by now but we have embraced poverty ,shame ,wickedness , lies ..and sham religion ... vote for me in the next election ..this thing is not hard NIGERIA .
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
sequel to my previous write up , after 3 years of an hired consultant PRESIDENT or CEO of Nigeria ...the world will write the following about us , we should be make head of Govt in Nigeria unattractive ,it carries too much power , we just need a prime minister with delegated power or no power over the states that should be run like profitable company. Let us wake up , the world is tired of Nigeria ...it was even written if each household in Nigeria has an oil well ,poverty will still reign in Nigeria ...why , its our thinking and the society , we need to understand how the workd work, ..now we dont have a clue , 150 million people has only 3000 mega watts of Electricity , you canNOT even explaIn that :
see below what we will achieve in 3 years of a hired experience President or CEO ;
Nigeria has efficient roads, rail and air transport facilities and services. The road network has been significantly modernized in recent years with 147 km of motorways connecting the capital to adjacent cities and countries. The advent of the high-speed train link to Abuja and Major Nigerian cities has led to renovation of the city's railway station while a new passenger terminal at Abuja and Lagos Airport has recently been opened. There are plans to introduce trams in the capital and light-rail lines in adjacent areas within the next few years.
The telecommunications ,electricity and water engineering industry in Nigeria is liberalized and the electronic communications networks are significantly developed. Competition between the different operators is guaranteed by the legislative framework Paquet of the Government which transposes the AfricanTelecom Directives into Nigeria law.

CCTV has been installed in public areas to enhance security of its citizens and tourist [b]sequel to my previous write up , after 3 years of an hired consultant PRESIDENT or CEO of Nigeria ...the world will write the following about us , we should be make head of Govt in Nigeria unattractive ,it carries too much power , we just need a prime minister with delegated power or no power over the states that should be run like profitable company. Let us wake up , the world is tired of Nigeria ...it was even written if each household in Nigeria has an oil well ,poverty will still reign in Nigeria ...why , its our thinking and the society , we need to understand how the workd work, ..now we dont have a clue , 150 million people has only 3000 mega watts of Electricity , you canNOT even explaIn that :
see below what we will achieve in 3 years of a hired experience President or CEO ;
Nigeria has efficient roads, rail and air transport facilities and services. The road network has been significantly modernized in recent years with 147 km of motorways connecting the capital to adjacent cities and countries. The advent of the high-speed train link to Abuja and Major Nigerian cities has led to renovation of the city's railway station while a new passenger terminal at Abuja and Lagos Airport has recently been opened. There are plans to introduce trams in the capital and light-rail lines in adjacent areas within the next few years.
The telecommunications ,electricity and water engineering industry in Nigeria is liberalized and the electronic communications networks are significantly developed. Competition between the different operators is guaranteed by the legislative framework Paquet of the Government which transposes the AfricanTelecom Directives into Nigeria law.

CCTV has been installed in public areas to enhance security of its citizens and tourist [/b]sequel to my previous write up , after 3 years of an hired consultant PRESIDENT or CEO of Nigeria ...the world will write the following about us , we should be make head of Govt in Nigeria unattractive ,it carries too much power , we just need a prime minister with delegated power or no power over the states that should be run like profitable company. Let us wake up , the world is tired of Nigeria ...it was even written if each household in Nigeria has an oil well ,poverty will still reign in Nigeria ...why , its our thinking and the society , we need to understand how the workd work, ..now we dont have a clue , 150 million people has only 3000 mega watts of Electricity , you canNOT even explaIn that :

CCTV has been installed in public areas to enhance security of its citizens and tourist
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by kabba7(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
[quote author=duality]The problem is that people blame the govt for corruption. someone can come into this country and see corruption in the streets without being close to government. Nigerians need reorientation. afterall, It is not the government that will make the corrupt mechanic to use substandard spare parts on your vehicle neither is the govt responsible for LASTMA collecting bribe. What the govt should do is to punish any offender regardless of how highly placed.
But it's so difficult because of the kind of politics we practice in Nigeria. Everything and anything is politics in Nigeria. Hence, have Political implications.

To curb corruption the first action is to come out on LIVE NTA ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ declare my asseth ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ tell all nigerians holding publiic office to do same .
There after anyone linked ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ proved to being corrupt get J J Rawlings treatmment no matter whom , by that corruption will come to a stand still not unℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ whaT uncle GEJ is decieving gulible Nigerians with now.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by eaglechild: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
Fire all political office holders from Vice president to local govt counselor and hire Koreans or Singaporeans to do the job.
That way they can effect the death penalty i would have put in place for any form of embezzlement(including 20 naira)of govt funds.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Kei144(m): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ayoobscom: The reason there's so much corruption is bcoz nobody ever really love Nigeria in reality..if Nigeria must survive and corruption be eradicated,there's need for fragmentation/ regional govt whereby individual region will manage the affairs of its region with sincerity,love and passion,not the greed,money stealing competition we currently have

Nigeria cannot survive or avoid corruption as long as it remains a whole,but with regional govt competition for distinct region to develop @ its own pace will improve quality of life and functionality as well as geographical consciousness

So,i will simply slpit Nigeria up into Northern,Western and southern regions and then individual will struggle for superiority and corruption will go into extinction.

^^^^^
This is the greatest post in this thread. It actually has to do with "Love"! Love is much more effective than fear. Human beings can easily defy fear of death, but they cannot easily defy love. I remember in the early 90s when I lived in Lagos. I was young then and there was this young woman in a neighbouring compound that I used to play with. One day she climbed the fence and walked into my BQ room. She obviously desired intimacy with me and I knew it. But I thought of one Titi that I was in love with in my church; if I get intimate with this girl, am still in love with Titi? That turned me off. Even though I was a godly person, it wasn't very much the fear of God that restrained me, but the love that I had for Titi. Even today, the reason why I have never got intimate with any other woman, since my marriage, is because I value my wife and my marriage so much. What if I get intimate with another woman and God decides to deal with me by turning my wife's heart against me? Any way, fear of God does come in somehow.

That is why Jesus said that keeping God's commandments revolves around love. If you love God, you will seriously desire to keep His commandments. If you love your neighbour, you have automatically obeyed more than half of God's commandments.

So, the real reason why there is so much corruption in Nigeria is because Nigerians do not love Nigeria. In fact, Nigerians do not believe in Nigeria. Awolowo loved Yoruba land and did great things for Yorubas. M. I. Okpara loved Igboland and did a lot for Igbos. Peter Obi loves Anambra State and so has done quite a lot for the state. Unfortunately, no-one has that kind of love for Nigeria. It is very unfortunate that no-one wants to do anything about the numerous calls to restructure Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ibezomamyahoo(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
p'scott:
With the current state of corruption in Nigeria, if you are made the first citizen of Nigeria i.e the president by appointment or by election.How would u help to curb or manage the high-increasing rate of corruption? So, you can share your own contribution to this thread,let's see if your contribution can be the solution to the problem of corruption in our country.

The issue of corruption is, unlike most people think, a problem caused by all Nigerians...and it stems from the fact that we, as a nation, no longer ask an important question: WHAT IS HIS/HER JOB? HOW DID S/HE MAKE SO MUCH MONEY IN SUCH A SHORT TIME (AND MOST TIMES, THE OVERNIGHT RICH HAVE NOTHING TANGIBLE DOING!)...yet nobody bothers to know how such came about their wealth, preferring to be a partaker rather than risk the ire of the overnight rich and be sidelined...

And even when someone asks the necessary questions, you will find some shameless nonentity (otimkpu) asking the questioner to keep quiet; others attribute such question to jealousy etc...

Until we go back to the time honoured tradition of parents calling their child/ren inside and first inquiring how they came about their money...we would be wasting time with the pretend fight against corruption...

*A man whose salary is N80K per month comes back after 2 yrs on the job with a car worth 3 million; and no one asks question, rather the entire community comes out for thanksgiving in a CHURCH! Abeg o God no sabi thief thief money o!

*A political leader suddenly starts spraying money during a ceremony/celebration and everyone cheers, no one asks "Hang on, is it not our money this guy is spraying; rather you have the otimkpus (comprising most of the community giving him a title)" etc

The examples are inexhaustible...as these things are allowed to happen; the young realises that no one is bothered about the source of wealth, rather that it should be obtained by any means necessary..hence, corruption will keep eating into our national fabric, until we start naming and shaming those whose source of their wealth is questionable...until our communities start ostracising the questionably rich and embracing only the honest and those who can account for the source of their wealth; WE WILL BE WASTING OUR TIME IN THE CONVOLUTED FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION!
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kei144:

^^^^^
This is the greatest post in this thread. It actually has to do with "Love"! Love is much more effective than fear. Human beings can easily defy fear of death, but they cannot easily defy love. I remember in the early 90s when I lived in Lagos. I was young then and there was this young woman in a neighbouring compound that I used to play with. One day she climbed the fence and walked into my BQ room. She obviously desired intimacy with me and I knew it. But I thought of one Titi that I was in love with in my church; if I get intimate with this girl, am still in love with Titi? That turned me off. Even though I was a godly person, it wasn't very much the fear of God that restrained me, but the love that I had for Titi. Even today, the reason why I have never got intimate with any other woman, since my marriage, is because I value my wife and my marriage so much. What if I get intimate with another woman and God decides to deal with me by turning my wife's heart against me? Any way, fear of God does come in somehow.

That is why Jesus said that keeping God's commandments revolves around love. If you love God, you will seriously desire to keep His commandments. If you love your neighbour, you have automatically obeyed more than half of God's commandments.

So, the real reason why there is so much corruption in Nigeria is because Nigerians do not love Nigeria. In fact, Nigerians do not believe in Nigeria. Awolowo loved Yoruba land and did great things for Yorubas. M. I. Okpara loved Igboland and did a lot for Igbos. Peter Obi loves Anambra State and so has done quite a lot for the state. Unfortunately, no-one has that kind of love for Nigeria. It is very unfortunate that no-one wants to do anything about the numerous calls to restructure Nigeria.

you hit the nail on the head Kei144 , it a love issue , if a leader really love his nation , he will not award electricity , health , transport contracts and have the audacity not to complete these project and consequent lives are lost because these projects are not completed ..its a shame the hatred our leaders have for us ,its defies logic , even demonic nations and devil worshipper have managed to build basic amenities for their citizen and still made profit why cant our own do the same for us , its not even a corruption issue anymore ,its pure wickedness and hatred for your own people .internalised hatred
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ibezomamyahoo(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Phlegmwash: Funny how this was the interview question I was asked after NYSC..I got the job though but later declined the offer..here are the 10 points I raised:

1. Decentralize the FG in order words make the presidency unattractive to would-be opportunist. This can be achieved by the practice of "true" federalism where all federating units (FU) are self sustaining.

2. Now, there would be an healthy competition among the federating units(FU). Good thing is FUs are closer to the people and would be forced to be accountable to the people they are mandated to serve.

3. Anti-corruption agencies should be independent of the FUs.

4. Chairman of the Electoral Commission should be appointed by the Council of the Supreme Court Judge.

5. Key decisions like Constitution Amendment, salary and emoluments of public officials should be put up for Referendum.

6. The Police welfare should be improved upon and any policeman found wanting would be summarily dismissed.

7. Campaign fund of politicians should be audited by independent firms like KPMG etc.

8. All politicians must be mandated to declare their assets before and after taking an elective post (ditto for appointed positions)

9. No elected official should seek medical help abroad. Ditto for education for their kids. If they must, it should not be at the expense of tax payers.

10. Capital punishment for corruption offenders.

NB:Stuffs like NEPA project, road construction contracts, etc which have gulped down billions of dollar without
commensurate improvement in service delivery will all be handled by FUs. Some states depends on hand-outs from FG (in the current arrangement), such states will be on their toes and devise a plan to harness her own resources. NO STATE IN NIGERIA IS WITHOUT RESOURCES!

Your suggestion appears plausible, until you realise that it is people that will staff the system; and as long the people manning the system are corrupt, the system will not work.

The problem with Nigeria is not lack of projects, systems etc...the problem is implementation which directly means the people manning (in charge of) the systems...until we (each village, community, town, state etc) are able to use our collective power (not force) to bear on the corrupt, we will be wasting our time...

You talk about FUs and bringing power to the states etc...please today, is there no corruption at the state and local government levels of government In fact at the LGA, what you have is mostly people that colect their federal allocation, pay salary, if they feel like and pocket the rest...take time to check around you...how many times have your LGA Chairman been held to account, despite the millions s/he collects each month on your behalf from the FG
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
a leader is a reflection of his society .. change the mindset of a nation thru the media ..most likely Nigerian will change in two years
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
ibezomam@yahoo.:

The issue of corruption is, unlike most people think, a problem caused by all Nigerians...and it stems from the fact that we, as a nation, no longer ask an important question: WHAT IS HIS/HER JOB? HOW DID S/HE MAKE SO MUCH MONEY IN SUCH A SHORT TIME (AND MOST TIMES, THE OVERNIGHT RICH HAVE NOTHING TANGIBLE DOING!)...yet nobody bothers to know how such came about their wealth, preferring to be a partaker rather than risk the ire of the overnight rich and be sidelined...

And even when someone asks the necessary questions, you will find some shameless nonentity (otimkpu) asking the questioner to keep quiet; others attribute such question to jealousy etc...

Until we go back to the time honoured tradition of parents calling their child/ren inside and first inquiring how they came about their money...we would be wasting time with the pretend fight against corruption...

*A man whose salary is N80K per month comes back after 2 yrs on the job with a car worth 3 million; and no one asks question, rather the entire community comes out for thanksgiving in a CHURCH! Abeg o God no sabi thief thief money o!

*A political leader suddenly starts spraying money during a ceremony/celebration and everyone cheers, no one asks "Hang on, is it not our money this guy is spraying; rather you have the otimkpus (comprising most of the community giving him a title)" etc

The examples are inexhaustible...as these things are allowed to happen; the young realises that no one is bothered about the source of wealth, rather that it should be obtained by any means necessary..hence, corruption will keep eating into our national fabric, until we start naming and shaming those whose source of their wealth is questionable...until our communities start ostracising the questionably rich and embracing only the honest and those who can account for the source of their wealth; WE WILL BE WASTING OUR TIME IN THE CONVOLUTED FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION!

you are right sir , corruption has been instutionalised in Nigeria ...it is so bad that Nigerian trained public officer are collecting bribe ( where possible ) in public office in United kingdom here ...you cannot blame jonathan for that one o ... google Nigerians in public office in England ...a lot have been jailed for collecting bribes to pervert the course of justice or due process in England , these corruption is not in our Genes now , we learned it from our society ..am afraid they might not let us enter heaven with this thing stuck in our mind
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
In the cia there is a secret organisation that monitors its activities and report directly to the president,is the a secret organisation within the nigerian police that monitors the force for the president, coruption begins in the security watch unit and ends in the same security unit, if the police is deaf then the nation is doomed.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
These is the best way to curb corupttion. If u ever land in a leadership position your mindset is ur starting piont because it includes ur aims,vision and iq,always put round pegs in round holes no matter the pressure,be a man of the people not the man who paints the town red,do not make a lot of friends 4 this will also reduce ur no of enemys.just the tip of the iceberg.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by 2rutalk1: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
ooshinibos: Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 5:35pm

the oyibos are getting of TIRED of us Africans we are putting strain on their systtem . which is not fair on them to be honest , the oyibo should be working for us by now but we have embraced poverty ,shame ,wickedness , lies ..and sham religion ... vote for me in the next election ..this thing is not hard NIGERIA .

this suggestion sounds nice but it is an invitation to colonialism.taking cognizance of what Nigeria went through before Independence, no right thinking Nigerian will buy the idea
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by 2rutalk1: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: 1. Creating a stronger institutions

2. Educating the Children and Empowering Youth

3. Building a stronger legislate and judiciary

4. Arrest corrupt politicians and charge them to criminal court......serving as scape goat

5. Bringing sango, Ogun and Oranmiyan to every government houses (building national shrines and allowing public officials taking oath with Esu)
my brother none of these will work in Nigeria provided those your institutions will be managed by people (Nigerians) Even the chief Priest of Sango will disappoint you when you discover that he is collecting bribe from people. Like somebody said ”the only solution is to format our brains with bootable CD
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Built2last: 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
1forall: Death for corrupt practices would be the most effective policy.

Gbam
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by Baron75: 6:46am On Jul 30, 2013
If I am the president of Nigeria, 1st, I will dissolve all joint task forces to avoid transmission of all forms of corruption from the police to other security agencies. Then I will introduce changes into the nigerian police by placing a minimum requirement of o'level for recruitment for employment in the forces, and then consign all non qualified already employed to cooking, sowing cloths, washing cars in the barracks where they will not come in contact officially with the public because the are the abusers. I will arrange for foreign training programs for nigerian police members. I will create ethics and discipline commission to be run by the millitary, which comission will be given power above all other security agencies and members of the commission will be posted to everywhere especially to foundation schools like primary, secondary and tetiary institution to inculcate discipline on our teachers and students so that the future of our nation will begin to change. They will also be posted to LGs, ministries, parastatals and even on the streets to force a chance of attitudes on the people. I will ensure that the LGs,Houses of Assemblies of states are given financial autonomy but will create a forum for public accountability. I will create industries that will inturn generate employment and reduce or remove taxes and levies on the poor/unemployed, but make the rich to pay more and from the taxes payed by the rich, the poor will be cattered for, taxes will be paid on any form of expensive liffestyle Embezzlement of public fund will be life in prisonment, breach of trust will be life imprisonment too, giving bribe will attract a term of prison while receiving of bribe will attract more. JAMB /UTME will be scrapped, your o'level will qualify you for any course of your choice to enable everybody have atleast bachelors certificate but for courses like medicine, law, engineering, building, architecture, pharmacy and other sensitive courses, you will write further exams. Retirement from work will be determined by date of employment and not age, while one can voluntarily retire by age. Upgrade of our health system by importing machines and latest technologies. Privatize electricity and rail transport system and remove taxes and other clogs of production technology. And import the latest agricultural machhines in large numbers and technologies which will be hired be hired to local farmers through a federal Agric board to be established in all LGAs and excess agric products will be bought from the local farmers through the same Federal Agric Board for exportation. All government payments will be made through the bank. The constitution will be ammended to hire the chief justice of Nigeria from reputable foreign countries. Nigerian laws will be upgraded to meet the present standards.
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by ooshinibos: 8:16am On Jul 30, 2013
2ru-talk:
this suggestion sounds nice but it is an invitation to colonialism.taking cognizance of what Nigeria went through before Independence, no right thinking Nigerian will buy the idea

i understand it might look like colonialism , thats why i highlighted a consultant President or CEO , the colonialist were not hired they took over a country and imposed a ruling system ..and that rule was biased because of racism ..however , the one am proposing is different it is without hatred ..for example could you imagined bringing an ex CEO of a GERMAN international company to take over project activities in Nigeria ,,he will find the lack of basic amenities odd and barbaric and he will make sure this things are provided as a right not a privillege . Other countries have tried it especially the UAE ,,i recently visit doha in Qatar, even in zambia , they have hired a british guy as the vice president ( over sees project ) and things are moving on greatly ..most of the projects were implemented by conglomerate and ex CEO that proven tract record ... the problem in Nigeria we desire change but want to continue the same way with the same mindset and people . a nigerian political do not have the will to finish projects , you have been doing it for fifty years and it not working .. you said no right thinking Nigerian will buy the idea , am not saying they should buy it but try it :-)
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by tck2000(m): 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
who
Re: How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? by tck2000(m): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
the

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PICTURES: Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic / Breaking News. Buhari Collapses At APC Rally In Calabar. / Breaking News. Happening Now In Kano. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.