Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. (758 Views)

1st Lesbian Bishop Pushes For Churches To Remove Crosses & Allow Muslims Pray / What Are The Muslims Saying On Underage Marriage? / Does Christianity Support Underage Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2013
Shouldn't we allow muslims to practise underage marriage?
Nigeria is multi religious. No religion holds monopoly.
Child marriage is supported by islamic traditions.
To speak against child marriage is to speak against their prophet mohammad.
Islam claims to protect the girl child by covering her unclothedness leaving eye slots only open.
It is unfortunate that allah, angel gabriel and mohammad didn't consider the virginity of the girl child as well.
Or maybe if the girl child is well hidden under hijab she won't be married off.
Mohammad is reported to have married a girl of 6 and had sex with her 3 years after at 9.
'Allah has perfected his religion'.

A islamic scholar said in reference to a girl of 6 that 'if she is too young and you know you will wound her, don't penetrate. Just rub it on her laps and ejaculate.
You can understand Boko haram's stance. 'No to western Education'. 'western education is haram'.
I won't be surprised if the 72 virgins in paradise are under10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfJYujalllM

NB: i am not saying that christians should stop preaching to muslims to turn from their idolatrous ways to serve the living God.

1 Like

Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by bigt2(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Just like saying 'leave the thieves to steal' its illogical!
As a Yoruba adage goes ''t'ara ile eni ba n je kokoro ti ko dara, ti a ko ba so fun-un, huruhere re ko ni je ka sun l'oru'' cool
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
You think you can rewrite islam with politics?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by ifeegee(f): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
@chinedumo, mischief is written all over this your post.
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ifee-gee vagueness is written all over your post.
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hey Chin,

I can't help but notice the sarcasm in your post; but seriously now, do you think there is anything wrong with Muhammad's choice of a 9 year old?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
As a chrisitan yes.

The islamic argument that when she grows older she can quit the marriage if she doesnt like it holds no water.

1 Like

Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo: As a chrisitan yes.

The islamic argument that when she grows older she can quit the marriage if she doesnt like it holds no water.

Is there anything to back up the bold? If your stance is based on the Christian tenets then maybe you might have a reference from Sacred scriptures? Or should I take it that there is no reference?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Is there a verse in the quran to back up child marriage?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
big-t:
Just like saying 'leave the thieves to steal' its illogical!
As a Yoruba adage goes ''t'ara ile eni ba n je kokoro ti ko dara, ti a ko ba so fun-un, huruhere re ko ni je ka sun l'oru'' cool

The yoruba wise men has spoken.

I wonder if the OP will discriminate Islamic terrorist when they start killing his unbelieving people (kaffir). Isn't it another insult on the prophet?

1 Like

Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
What does 'disriminate islamic terrorist' mean?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo: Is there a verse in the quran to back up child marriage?

The quran didn't contain the way of life of the prophet. It didn't contain most of islamic tradition. If you want child marriage in Islam, consult the hadith
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo: Is there a verse in the quran to back up child marriage?

Do I take this response to mean that you cannot provide a scriptural backing for your belief, and as such it is just your opinion?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo: What does 'disriminate islamic terrorist' mean?

Criticize mohamed's followers
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Criticize mohamed's followers

i myself tell muslim terrorist that they are obeying the call of their master s stipulated in the quran.
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The quran didn't contain the way of life of the prophet. It didn't contain most of islamic tradition. If you want child marriage in Islam, consult the hadith

enlighten me

where does it support child marriage in the hadith?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
striktlymi:

Do I take this response to mean that you cannot provide a scriptural backing for your belief, and as such it is just your opinion?

there are two was to go about it.

Did scripture condemn it?
Did scripture support it?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo:

Pick anyone you choose and demonstrate how it forms the basis of your belief.
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo:

i myself tell muslim terrorist that they are obeying the call of their master s stipulated in the quran.

Probably you dont need to watch your back because it seem your life worth nothing. But wait till your unbelieving people fall victim......I think you will praise terrorist for following what stipulated in the quran
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo:

enlighten me

where does it support child marriage in the hadith?

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown tome, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, andthen she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

Muslim lives the way accordingly to their prophet.
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Probably you dont need to watch your back because it seem your life worth nothing. But wait till your unbelieving people fall victim......I think you will praise terrorist for following what stipulated in the quran

why will i praise them?
By christian standards they are 'kicking against pricks'
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown tome, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, andthen she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

Muslim lives the way accordingly to their prophet.

are you comparing the hadith with the bible?

You want me to provide a bible verse that condemned mohammad's action of marrying an underage?

When he commited the act years after the bible was written?
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo:

Obviously you don't know what you are on about...

I am out man! Enjoy your thread!!!
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
chinedumo:

are you comparing the hadith with the bible?

You want me to provide a bible verse that condemned mohammad's action of marrying an underage?

When he commited the act years after the bible was written?

You dont know what you saying......im outer here......cheers
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You dont know what you saying......im outer here......cheers

see race..lol
Re: Christians Allow Muslims Their Underage Marriage. by chinedumo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
striktlymi:

Obviously you don't know what you are on about...

I am out man! Enjoy your thread!!!

simple question

did the bible support child marriage?

Did the bible oppose child marriage?

(1) (Reply)

This Time Its Winners Chapel U.K Branch. / Pastor TD Jakes Falls Under The Anointing Hands Of Tyler Perry / Youth Groups Driving Christian Teens to Abandon Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.