Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) (5190 Views)

8 Basic Errors Muslims Make When Paying Zakat Al-fitr / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by PENMIGHT(m): 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
deols:

I understand your post. But I think general is talking in terms of whether it b3comes OBLIGATORY on the student to pay even though it's been paid on his behalf.

I think even though he can pay, the Obligation is already lifted once someone else pays on his behalf just like the wife wouldnt have to pay as long as her husband pays. She can, still.

I held your opinion until I know the role of delegating someone to perform an obligation on your behalf. It is one thing that the parent pays it cos he has "always done it" and a muslim who have a means to do that decided to stay off an obligation while he has not transfered his consent to a trustee.

I say that the student is obligated to give the Zakat-l fitri except his consent is sought and gotten.
My father does this yearly not believing he is helping me with an obligation but cos that is the customary practice. And guess what he uses- 'kongo ijoba'. Does that equate to a sa'a?. And with what intention?

The scholars were asked about aqiqa(slaughtering an animal for a new born) in the west where it is not comfortable to do so. They said it is the obligation upon the father and that can only be lifted if he send his money to a trustee outside the west to slaughter on his behalf or his consent his sought and gotten to do so on his behalf.

Let the student fufill the obligation if he has the means and let the father's be mustahaab. Remember, it was made obligatory upon him (the student) just like it is made obligatory upon the father. Some students are not even fended for by their parents anymore which makes the obligation lifted from the father totally.

Allaah is the source of Guidance!
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
PEN_MIGHT:

I held your opinion until I know the role of delegating someone to perform an obligation on your behalf. It is one thing that the parent pays it cos he has "always done it" and a muslim who have a means to do that decided to stay off an obligation while he has not transfered his consent to a trustee.

I say that the student is obligated to give the Zakat-l fitri except his consent is sought and gotten.
My father does this yearly not believing he is helping me with an obligation but cos that is the customary practice. And guess what he uses- 'kongo ijoba'. Does that equate to a sa'a?. And with what intention?

The scholars were asked about aqiqa(slaughtering an animal for a new born) in the west where it is not comfortable to do so. They said it is the obligation upon the father and that can only be lifted if he send his money to a trustee outside the west to slaughter on his behalf or his consent his sought and gotten to do so on his behalf.

Let the student fufill the obligation if he has the means and let the father's be mustahaab. Remember, it was made obligatory upon him (the student) just like it is made obligatory upon the father. Some students are not even fended for by their parents anymore which makes the obligation lifted from the father totally.

Allaah is the source of Guidance!

My brother you have really tried with your comment, and we have to reason with it.
May Allah accept our fasting.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by deols(f): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
If he can afford it, he should pay and his father's mustahab.. Okay.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by PENMIGHT(m): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
eluquenson:

My brother you have really tried with your comment, and we have to reason with it.
May Allah accept our fasting.

You initiated a beneficial discourse. May Allaah reward you, deols and every muslims who have always cared to admonish us. JazaakumuLlahu khayran.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Toluth(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls I have 2 questions and I hope I get it answered here.
The 1st is on Zakat Fitr. I'm a student and I'm still under the responsibility of my parents but I think I'm financially buoyant, can I pay Zakat fitr?
The 2nd is on Solat. Can I pray in other languages during the last Suhjood either in the compulsory or Nawafil? I mean after reciting the normal words being recited, can I pray to God in my own language or any other languages at that?
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
Toluth: Pls I have 2 questions and I hope I get it answered here.
The 1st is on Zakat Fitr. I'm a student and I'm still under the responsibility of my parents but I think I'm financially buoyant, can I pay Zakat fitr?
The 2nd is on Solat. Can I pray in other languages during the last Suhjood either in the compulsory or Nawafil? I mean after reciting the normal words being recited, can I pray to God in my own language or any other languages at that?

1. Seek d consent of ur parent, still read through this thread, it has been treated well.

2. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:
It is permissible to make du’aa’ in Arabic and in
languages other than Arabic. Allaah knows the
intention of the supplicant and what he wants, no
matter what language he speaks, because He hears
all the voices in all different languages, asking for all kinds of needs
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Toluth(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
eluquenson:

1. Seek d consent of ur parent, still read through this thread, it has been treated well.

eluquenson:

Thanks for ur response and I've posted the 1st question before reading up the whole thread.
However my 2nd question is praying during the last suhjood(facedown prostration) in other languages during Solat. Thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2013
According to Abu Sa’d Al-Khudri, the practice during the era of the holy prophet (SAW) was to pay four (4) MUDU [equivalence to fourteen (14) tins of milk] such as Rice, Beans, Garri, Yam Flour, Millet and so on. On this note, we can pay our Zakat Al-Fitr on any of the underlisted food items. However, scholars have also opined that these items could be paid in their monetary values (Fatawa Mu’ashira - page 336).

Source
Muslim Students' Sociey of Nigeria
Lagos Chapter
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Nigeria declares Thursday and Friday Public Holiday

The Nigeria Government has declared Thursday and Friday this week as Public Holidays to celebrate the 2013 Muslim Eid-el-Fitri Festival.

The Eid-el-Fitri Festival is usually observed by Muslims all over the world to mark the end of the Holy month of Ramadan.

According to a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Minister of Interior, Mrs. Fatima Bamidele, Mr. Abba Moro “Federal Government of Nigeria has declared Thursday, 8th and Friday, 9th August 2013 as Public Holiday to mark 2013 Eid-el-Fitri Salah Celebration.”

The Minister also “enjoined all Muslim faithful and Nigerians in general to extend the spiritual benefits of Ramadan, which are love, joy, peace, to their daily living and through this, contribute to the development of the nation.”

Mr. Moro while wishing Nigerians a peaceful celebration also urged Nigerians to seize the opportunity of the holiday to reflect on the imperative of peace in nation building.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2013
Lagos Kwara Abeokuta Ijebu-ode Osun Oyo Abuja Edo
Rice 700 525 420 420 420 504 450 375 420
Bean(red) 700 615 540 520 290 630 500 470 525
Yam flour 630 280 300 300 525 560 300 300 525
Maize 420 210 210 210 180 210 170 195 180
GUINEA CORN 420 210 200 200 180 210 170 195 180
GARRI 280 240 150 150 150 140 280 180 150
Millet 420 - 210 210 225 350 170 195 225
Cassava flour 490 263 150 150 120 560 210 200 120
Bean (white) - 440 250 450 450 - 481.5 420 450
Wheat 420 - - - 240 - 180 200 240

Current prices of commodity as at 07 August, 2013
May Allah accept our ibadah
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by maclatunji: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Strive to give your Zakat-ul-fitri before Eid tomorrow. After Eid, it stops being Zakat-ul-fitri.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by abisquare(f): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2013
Asalamu alaikum brodas and sisters in islam eid el mubarak pls wats d niyyah 4 observing zakkatal fitr.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2013
abisquare: Asalamu alaikum brodas and sisters in islam eid el mubarak pls wats d niyyah 4 observing zakkatal fitr.

One should give zakatul fitri with the Niyyat of
Qurbat, that is, to fulfil the orders of Almighty Allah,
and should intend to be giving at the time of
disposal which is before eid prayer this morning.
May Allah accept our ibadah
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2013
May Allah let us witness more on earth.
Allahumo takaballah min na wa minkum.
Eid mubarak!!! Allahu akraam.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by eluquenson(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2014
Salam alaykum my dear brothers & sisters in Islam.
It will be pertinent to know that Ramadan is drawing to an end which invariably means our zakatul fitri is obligatory upon "any MUSLIM who have the FINANCIAL MEANS TO DO SO.

I will enjoin you to share with us the list of food stuffs & their current respective market prices.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by kudsweet(f): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
eluquenson: Salam alaykum my dear brothers & sisters in Islam.
It will be pertinent to know that Ramadan is drawing to an end which invariably means our zakatul fitri is obligatory upon "any MUSLIM who have the FINANCIAL MEANS TO DO SO.

I will enjoin you to share with us the list of food stuffs & their current respective market prices.
Jazakum llahu khairan for this reminder, we will definitely look out for the prices.

May Allah accept it as an act of ibadah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fasting: The Three Dimensions / The Support That Comes With Patience And Prayer. / What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.