Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. (5203 Views)

Quran Says Bible Is A Book Of Reference For The Muslims / What Does The Quran Says About Blasphemy? / The False Dajjal (Anti-Christ) And His Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:02am On Sep 16, 2014
[b][/b]

I did a lttle research and discovered these facts in the Quran:

Please read what the Quran says of Mary and Jesus Christ.

Quran acknowledeges that He is the Messiah.

Quran Chapter 3, Verse 45>

[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah].

That he started preaching at an early age.

Quran Chapter 3, Verse 46>

He will speak to the people in the cradle and in maturity and will be of the righteous."

The Immaculate conception

Quran Chapter 3, Verse 47>

She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is.

He is teaching the Goodnews(Gospel)

And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel.

Further more,

The Quran acknowledges that JESUS CHRIST Can heal the sick, raise the dead and even give life By the will of GOD.

Quran Chapter 3, Verse 49>

And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.

The Quran also said that Jesus Christ did not die, that he is still alive and will come again.

Quran Chapter 4, verses 158

But Allah raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.

He will come back.

Quran Chapter 17, verses 104>
... and the last promise comes near [i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Iesa (Jesus)

Amongst other amazing facts I discovered were that-:

The Quran said Jesus spoke at 2 days old

There is a whole Chapter dedicated to Jesus's Mother in the Quran "Maryam" (Quran Chapter 19)

The Quran acknowledges that Maryam(Mary) Had no sin (Quran Chapter 3, verse 34)

The Quran Said that Mary the mother of Jesus Ascended into Heaven alive. She didn't die like all human beings(Quran 50, verses 23)

What Conclusions can we draw here, please I want to hear some comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by chefremy(m): 7:16am On Sep 16, 2014
getting intresting
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Sanchez01: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Here is something you don't see everyday. You mean to tell me that this place was completely shielded from the world since
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Kingharzyz(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2014
hmmmm

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by agedmanng: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2014
Kingharzyz: hmmmm

He fell with his face to the ground. Why not use your brain. He didn't bow or give description of your mode of worship to the sun and predictions from the moon.

2 Likes

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:14am On Sep 16, 2014
Kingharzyz: hmmmm

Jesus fell on his face my brother. He could be lying down.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja: [b][/b]

[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah].

He will speak to the people in the cradle and in maturity and will be of the righteous."

She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is.

Further more,

The Quran acknowledges that JESUS CHRIST Can heal the sick, raise the dead and even give life By the will of GOD.

And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.

The Quran also said that Jesus Christ did not die, that he is still alive and will come again.

But Allah raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.

He will come back.

... and the last promise comes near [i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Iesa (Jesus)

There is a whole Chapter dedicated to Jesus's Mother in the Quran "Maryam" (Quran Chapter 19)

The Quran Said that Mary the mother of Jesus Ascended into Heaven alive. She didn't die like all human beings(Quran 50, verses 23)

Here's a likely scenario of what will most likely happen. "They are so predictable"
1. They would troop in and try to change the topic.
2. They would start to quote different scriptures of how the bible contradicts itself
3. They would most likely bring another version of the Quran saying the verse you've quoted are lies. "Something I have been seein' lately'
4. They would act cowardly and pretend the did not see this
Th
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:57am On Sep 16, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Here's a likely scenario of what will most likely happen. "They are so predictable"
1. They would troop in and try to change the topic.
2. They would start to quote different scriptures of how the bible contradicts itself
3. They would most likely bring another version of the Quran saying the verse you've quoted are lies. "Something I have been seein' lately'
4. They would act cowardly and pretend the did not see this
Th
There is no denying theses facts. I have looked at it historically, the facts are there. Historians have these facts. The only book that am yet to read is the Torah. Reason, being that I cannot find an English translation. Still searching though. My Conclusion is that Jesus Christ is not an ordinary prophet. He was not Conceived like any other MAN. He was mysteriously Put in the womb of his mother by God. He is the only One that can create life. As it was in the beginning, When God started creation. He is with God Alive now as we speak, and will come back on the day of judgement. The Quran says he will come back when the trumpet shal sound. Infact, he will be the one to blow the last trumpet.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
There is no denying theses facts. I have looked at it historically, the facts are there. Historians have these facts. The only book that am yet to read is the Torah. Reason, being that I cannot find an English translation. Still searching though. My Conclusion is that Jesus Christ is not an ordinary prophet. He was not Conceived like any other MAN. He was mysteriously Put in the womb of his mother by God. He is the only One that can create life. As it was in the beginning, When God started creation. He is with God Alive now as we speak, and will come back on the day of judgement. The Quran says he will come back when the trumpet shal sound. Infact, he will be the one to blow the last trumpet.

Those who will not believe will not believe, though the truth is there.. The part that baffles me is how they refuse to conform to simple logic...

Love your sig by the way...
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Love your sig by the way...

It takes mature minds to appreciate its message. Thank you.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Yustash001(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2014

Further more,

He will come back.

Alhamdulillah....tho dis is nt d 1st am seeing dis verses...
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yustash001: Alhamdulillah....tho dis is nt d 1st am seeing dis verses...

Not your first time? What have you done about it? I mean what questions have you asked about them?
Why are Muslims killing Christians because of their faith? Why do Muslims hate Christians? Let us disabuse our minds for a minute that we are not Chritians or Muslims and see this universal truth of the person of this Jesus Christ. A Man that is with God running things as we speak? Who would not do as he says?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Yustash001(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

Not your first time? What have you done about it? I mean what questions have you asked about them?
Why are Muslims killing Christians because of their faith? Why do Muslims hate Christians? Let us disabuse our minds for a minute that we are not Chritians or Muslims and see this universal truth of the person of this Jesus Christ. A Man that is with God running things as we speak? Who would not do as he says?
whr do u see muslims killing xtians..?? And even if they are.....dere shud be anoda reason for killin dem apart frm dis religion ish......
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yustash001: whr do u see muslims killing xtians..?? And even if they are.....dere shud be anoda reason for killin dem apart frm dis religion ish......
Is any reason worth the killing of another? And you chose what you want to see. No wonder u cannot see Muslims killing but I bet u can see isreal killing Palestinians? Do you know that some religious beliefs such as budhhaism does not even believe in d killing of rats let alone human beings?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Yustash001(m): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
Is any reason worth the killing of another? And you chose what you want to see. No wonder u cannot see Muslims killing but I bet u can see isreal killing Palestinians? Do you know that some religious beliefs such as budhhaism does not even believe in d killing of rats let alone human beings?
what ar u saying?? If there is a war btw two nations or towns....wud u say dere is no xtians or muslims among dem e.g war btw offa and erin-ile....is dere no muslims or xtians among dem...at times war btw 2 nations or towns as nothin to do with religion....bt am suprised u d topic has nothin to do with killing and u diverted to it...
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yustash001: what ar u saying?? If there is a war btw two nations or towns....wud u say dere is no xtians or muslims among dem e.g war btw offa and erin-ile....is dere no muslims or xtians among dem...at times war btw 2 nations or towns as nothin to do with religion....bt am suprised u d topic has nothin to do with killing and u diverted to it...
now I understand you. No need to argue with you as it is possible that you truly do not know that Muslims are killiing Christians in Syria and even in Nigeria. Maybe Boko Haram is not Muslim or u just don't want to see.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Kingharzyz(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

xtian also hate Muslim and xtian are well satisfied by the FG constitution.. ... imagine why Friday cannot be a off day as Sunday?
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Kingharzyz(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
now I understand you. No need to argue with you as it is possible that you truly do not know that Muslims are killiing Christians in Syria and even in Nigeria. Maybe Boko Haram is not Muslim or u just don't want to see.

Derailed
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Kingharzyz:

Derailed

I addressed his issues.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Yustash001(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
even if boko haram ar muslims as they claim(which i knw they ar nt)...d questions for is dat...ar they killing only xtians??......u even change d topic of d thread self...
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Yustash001(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
even if boko haram ar muslims as they claim(which i knw they ar nt)...d questions for is dat...ar they killing only xtians??......u even change d topic of d thread self...
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by malvisguy212: 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2014

Further more,

He will come back.

truely, no human can do all this except God. Jesus is Lord.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by malvisguy212: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
when the foundation is faulty, what can the follower do?the foundation of islam is faulty.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Zeinymira(f): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Did anyone bother to check Quran5o,verse 23?
Quran 50 is surah Qaf and verse 23 says"and His companion will say here is (his record) ready with me"
Op wants to find what does not exist in the Quran.
All what u listed above only confirmed that the miracles Jesus performed was through the Permission of the Most high and it is HE alone who deserves our worship.
Why leave the creator and worship the creation?

1 Like

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Zeinymira: Did anyone bother to check Quran5o,verse 23?
Quran 50 is surah Qaf and verse 23 says"and His companion will say here is (his record) ready with me"
Op wants to find what does not exist in the Quran.
All what u listed above only confirmed that the miracles Jesus performed was through the Permission of the Most high and it is HE alone who deserves our worship.
Why leave the creator and worship the creation?

Nobody left the creator to worship a creation. Did you know that Jesus Christ is still alive as we speak with Allah? Did Mohammed perform 1 miracle? Amongst other people that were carried into heaven, Moses, Mary and Jesus to name a few. Why didn't I find the name of Mohammed? People worship Allah through Jesus just as u worship Allah thru Mohammed. Jesus can raise the dead and create life from mud.Yet, he did not take any life. Can Mohammed give life, yet he urges Muslims to take life. Think about it. You cannot fight for God. He is capable of fighting his battles. Unless u say ur God is Impotent that he needs help. Jesus Christ shall come again when the last trumpet shall sound. Mohammed go follow? Remember that to this day, the empty tomb of the former is still there for all to see and the tomb of the later is also there for all to see.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 1:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

You are an example of one who lacks comprehension, go back to your study and see that the verses in question buttress Islam not the other way round and if you have not figured that genuine Muslims would not fight Christians unless they fight us, then it only goes to show that you have not thought deeply and are just presenting the stereotypes you have imbibed over time.

You say a man is "running things with God" and it makes sense to you? You obviously do not know God nor his attributes.

You are like a child in kindergarten with such thoughts. God shares authority with no one, if he did, he would not be God because it is not possible to share his authority and dominion over all things.

There is only one God and nobody runs things with him my friend.

2 Likes

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 1:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

Nobody left the creator to worship a creation. Did you know that Jesus Christ is still alive as we speak with Allah? Did Mohammed perform 1 miracle? Amongst other people that were carried into heaven, Moses, Mary and Jesus to name a few. Why didn't I find the name of Mohammed? People worship Allah through Jesus just as u worship Allah thru Mohammed. Jesus can raise the dead and create life from mud.Yet, he did not take any life. Can Mohammed give life, yet he urges Muslims to take life. Think about it. You cannot fight for God. He is capable of fighting his battles. Unless u say ur God is Impotent that he needs help. Jesus Christ shall come again when the last trumpet shall sound. Mohammed go follow? Remember that to this day, the empty tomb of the former is still there for all to see and the tomb of the later is also there for all to see.

Your ignorance is stellar. It is either you believe in the Quran and Islamic teachings or you do not. If it is Islam you are quoting, your post is rubbish but if you are claiming Christianity as your source, we know what your beliefs are and they are obviously not compatible with Islam.

For the record, Muslims must never worship God through anyone including Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

You need to stop consuming falsehood from anti-Islamic websites. The position of the Quran on Jesus (AS) and Christianity is not something you want to use to validate your beliefs because you would end up proving to be a slowpoke.

3 Likes

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by maclatunji: 1:17am On Sep 18, 2014
malvisguy212: truely, no human can do all this except God. Jesus is Lord.

You are really funny.

You mean someone who died according to you can be God? Hahahahaha...joke of the ages.

1 Like

Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by malvisguy212: 5:41am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

You are really funny.

You mean someone who died according to you can be God? Hahahahaha...joke of the ages.
yes, died to reconcile us back to himsel and ressurected, and behold he live FOREVER MORE.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:23am On Sep 18, 2014
I use the simplest of language and illustration for easy comprehension.
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:25am On Sep 18, 2014
maclatunji:

Your ignorance is stellar. It is either you believe in the Quran and Islamic teachings or you do not. If it is Islam you are quoting, your post is rubbish but if you are claiming Christianity as your source, we know what your beliefs are and they are obviously not compatible with Islam.

For the record, Muslims must never worship God through anyone including Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

You need to stop consuming falsehood from anti-Islamic websites. The position of the Quran on Jesus (AS) and Christianity is not something you want to use to validate your beliefs because you would end up proving to be a slowpoke.

In your mind you have spoken like a scholar? "Running things" does not mean sharing God's Authority my friend. I know how sensitive issues like this can be to d average Muslim. Because of their indoctrination kind of followership. There is no independent thought. God sending angel Dibril(Gabriel) to Maryam(Mary) is an example of "running things" Jesus Christ(PBUH) being with God and wanting to come back at God's appointed time (Judgement Day) is "running things" with God. I had to use the simpest of words and examples just maybe you will understand this Slowpoke's terms. PS. I can't see any of Mohammed's (PBUH) physical contribution during these times(Judgement day) all these that I have I said are according to Muslim philosophy o!
Re: What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. by Zeinymira(f): 6:27am On Sep 18, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:

Nobody left the creator to worship a creation. Did you know that Jesus Christ is still alive as we speak with Allah? Did Muhammed perform 1 miracle? Amongst other people that were carried into heaven, Moses, Mary and Jesus to name a few. Why didn't I find the name of Muhammed? People worship Allah through Jesus just as u worship Allah thru Muhammed. Jesus can raise the dead and create life from mud.Yet, he did not take any life. Can Mohammed give life, yet he urges Muslims to take life. Think about it. You cannot fight for God. He is capable of fighting his battles. Unless u say ur God is Impotent that he needs help. Jesus Christ shall come again when the last trumpet shall sound. Mohammed go follow? Remember that to this day, the empty tomb of the former is still there for all to see and the tomb of the later is also there for all to see.
Mtcheeeeeeeew
What u typed up there only confirmed that u are a big olodo(zero scorer)
Muslims worship Allah thru Muhammed(PBUH)? audhubillah!!!
The Quran is one of the greatest of miracle bestowed on the Prophet of Islam
-the language of the Quran has remained living form of communication over the ages
-the Quran is unique among divine scriptures in that its text has remained intact in its original form
-the Quran challenges those who doubt it to produce a book like it. No one has been able to do that and the Quran is almost 1500 years.
And this one that u are talking bout ascension,I hope u not thinking u will ascend to heaven?
Incase u don't know,Allah says "every soul shall taste death" so get urself prepared for that day u will be enshrouded in one type of enshrouding.
And if u ve loved ones have it in mind that u either die before them or they die before you or you die together there's no fourth way to it that's d reality of life no one is ascending. I pray Allah have mercy on us on d day we die(Ameen)
Also the messenger of Allah,Jesus(PBUH) is coming back to break thÉ cross and he will die because he is the sign of the hour (may Allah have mercy on the past,present and coming generations of the muslim ummah. Ameen)
On the day of resurrection,this is the conversation that will take place between Allah(SWT) and his messenger,Jesus(PBUH);
"O Isa(jesus) son of mary did you tell the people to worship you and your mother besides ME?" And Isa (PBUH) will reply;
"All praise be to You! How could I ever say something so evil? I could never utter something so unbeffiting of your majesty. You Know what I say and do better than I know it myself. I only commanded them to worship You. And You are their Lord and my Lord all praise belong to You alone"
Wow! An interesting conversation
Allahu akbar!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mysterious Baby in IJESHA, LAGOS. (It happened Real) / The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days / Punctuation Signs in The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.