Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra (18889 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Shape Village Celebrates One Year Anniversary Of Uninterrupted Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Tolexander: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Power and Steel, Senator Chris Ngige, Monday, said concerted efforts by the committee to salvage epileptic power supply in Nigeria had started yielding dividends, following the celebration in Awka, Anambra State, of three consecutive weeks of uninterrupted electricity supply.
Residents of such places as Agu-Awka, Ekeh Awka market, have expressed relief from the air and sound pollution of power generating sets.
Speaking with newsmen in Awka, Senator Ngige, who represents Anambra Central senatorial district, explained that the development was part of his developmental programme for the zone.

He added that the new transmission line at Agu-Awka power station was being test-run and would officially be commissioned in no distant time.
Ngige also said it was part of the IPP programme being carried out by government to alleviate suffering of Nigerians over the epileptic power supply in the country and save small and medium scale industries from closing shops.

He said: “This is part of the IPP programme of government on the power sector. What we have in Agu-Awka power station is a new transmission line that is under a test run and that explains why in the past three weeks, major parts of Awka have been enjoying uninterrupted power supply.

“As a result of this, the load in those areas has reduced and also improved power supply in places as Nibo, Mbaukwu, Umuawulu and Amawbia towns of Awka South local government areas.
“When the issue of IPP and transmission lines were being put in the front burner at the National Assembly, areas such as Onitsha–Nnewi were included as well as Awka –Enugu-Abakaliki.

“So, that of Awka has come on stream and I am happy to tell you that this is one of my constituency programmes for Anambra Central.
“Due to my position as Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Power and Steel, I was able to network major towns in Anambra State, including the Ala Oji power station in Abia State, and also towns like Onitsha-Ihiala Owerri- Oguta –Aba and Nnewi areas.
“It would be recalled that when the Senate Committee on Power started its oversight functions it was discovered that 21 containers of transmission lines imported by the Federal Government’s contractors were auctioned by the Customs to unknown buyers whose addresses could not be identified.”

Ngige noted “that the probe on power and customs over the auctioned transmission lines had yielded dividend and that is why Awka has witnessed a major boost in power supply.”

He hinted that in less than three months, the improvement in power supply would be more, lamenting that no fewer than 16,000 small scale and over 20,000 medium and large scale industries had closed shop due to failure in the power sector in the South East zone since 1999.

source

8 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by donem: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmm! Could this be true? Phoning eastern 9ja to verify the credibility of this claim.
(F.T.C)
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by tomakint: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
I just confirmed this good news from a friend in Anambra and they (APC and ACN apologists) will still be shouting that 'Jonathan is not working'! undecided The same IPP project then Governor Victor Attah of Akwa-Ibom was trying to execute but was resisted by Obasanjo! Thank God for this good news during Jonathan's reign! 2015 on my mind cool

21 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by asha80(m): 10:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
this sounds like a campaign strategy.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by otokx(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
still no light in UNIPORT and ALUU, lets hope that we will experience what the Onitsha people are getting sooner.
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Bunker(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hahaha yes we had alot of Nokia torch, maybe that's the light they are talking about.
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by IGBOSON1: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
tomakint: I just confirmed this good news from a friend in Anambra and they (APC and ACN apologists) will still be shouting that 'Jonathan is not working'! undecided The same IPP project then Governor Victor Attah of Akwa-Ibom was trying to execute but was resisted by Obasanjo! Thank God for this good news during Jonathan's reign! 2015 on my mind cool

^^^Sorry, which IPP are you referring to.....and is it feeding Anambra?

Can anyone in Anambra confirm this story? If true, then GEJ, Nebo, Ngige, Obi (and all those connected with power supply) have all gone up a notch in my estimation.
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by bigt2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
3 Weeks shocked

2 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Akpaife(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Am in onitsha last week,honestly seeing is believing constant power supply everyday onitsha people dnt no wht other state is passing just becos they dnt see light even d capital(abuja)never get power supply like ds b4
GEJ wht will make me nt 2 give u my precious n my belove vote come 2015 u promise 2 transform Nig n u r doing it,bt enemy's 2much,wickedness bt my God will make u 2 win ds battle ur name is Goodluck may luck follow u
GEJ is working some piple r talking rubbish keep it up my beloved president I dey ur back my vote belongs 2 u weather good or bad

23 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
This ngige omume ndi ohe mmalu abago ya obala......is he now the minister in charge of power or GEJ that made it possible?

1 Like

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by ITbomb(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
Fix light and provide good educational system
We will do the rest

3 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by fredopayee(m): 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
I was in my state from May5th till July24th trying to run som programme. I must say, its very very true. Light dey full ground.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by oweniwe(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
Am not suprised. Light was on for almost 24/7 everyday. . during my stay in awka for nysc. I passed out in june so i its probably true

3 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by awodman: 11:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
ak47mann: This ngige omume ndi ohe mmalu abago ya obala......is he now the minister in charge of power or GEJ that made it possible?
My brother..see how Ngige is struggling to claim glory over a project clearly executed by the GEJ led FG..yes Ngige as Vice-chairman of the senate committee on power might have played a role in bringing the substation to life but sidelining the FG and trying to claim glory is not just right..

One positive to draw from here is that whenever the ACN guys claim that the govt is doing nothing in power..we can reference them to this thread...

Finally...Fresh Air!!!

24 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Maxymilliano(m): 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
otokx: still no light in UNIPORT and ALUU, lets hope that we will experience what the Onitsha people are getting sooner.

Bros, do quick and leave that school, the area might be cursed grin ... Stayed at Woji Estate 2 months ago and was averaging 18 to 22 hours of supply daily!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 30, 2013
I LIVE IN OGIDI WE HAVE LIGHT 21HOURS OUT OF 24 DATS NOT UNINTERUPTED

3 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by chaloner(m): 12:57am On Jul 30, 2013
somehow true... in Obosi Anambra state they only take light from 7pm to 10pm , mean OBOSI do have light for 21 hours each day. FRESH AIR EVERYWHERE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool

9 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by talktimi(m): 3:25am On Jul 30, 2013
Ngige is ACN .

1 Like

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Brimmie(m): 6:26am On Jul 30, 2013
FreshAfefe: No Be Beans!! grin grin
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Youngzedd(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2013
donem: Hmm! Could this be true? Phoning eastern 9ja to verify the credibility of this claim.

Where I am currently Fegge Onitsha dey get light like witch but uninterrupted na grammar. They are trying, just managing 22 hours of light daily.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Youngzedd(m): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2013
chaloner: somehow true... in Obosi Anambra state they only take light from 7pm to 10pm , mean OBOSI do have light for 21 hours each day. FRESH AIR EVERYWHERE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool

Una dey suffer ooooh, why taking the light the time it's needed the most.

Still enjoying my side, since yesterday till now, no shaken. Refrigerator don suffer.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by bcomputer101: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI PUT THE SOUL MICROCHIP IN OUR LAPTOP MOUSE PAD TO BE SUCKING OUR BLOOD FOR OBAMA. WE CAN NEVER USE ANOTHER OBJECT TO MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND THE SCREEN. WHY? NOW OBAMA IS HAPPY. IT WILL NOT BE WELL WITH THEM. THE 77 SINGS WITH JOY. I HATE THEM TOO.

Guy, what are you saying? Who collected your bread?

Mr. Seun!!! Please get me a MASE or sledge hammer with blade, scissor, tread and needle.

I need to conduct a brain surgery for somebody.

Doctors on board for the operation:
Okija_juju,
Musiwa,
Adaobi,

Please I need more experience doctors who are expert in transplanting brain.

This guy need serious attention.

THANKS

7 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by slap1(m): 7:13am On Jul 30, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI PUT THE SOUL MICROCHIP IN OUR LAPTOP MOUSE PAD TO BE SUCKING OUR BLOOD FOR OBAMA. WE CAN NEVER USE ANOTHER OBJECT TO MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND THE SCREEN. WHY? NOW OBAMA IS HAPPY. IT WILL NOT BE WELL WITH THEM. THE 77 SINGS WITH JOY. I HATE THEM TOO.
Isn't it too early? I thought it normally starts when the sun shines too much on your skull?

12 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by kross01(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2013
For Ngige to claim Anambra now enjoys 24hrs power supply is being mischievious on his part, i dont even want to visit his claim that power supply/transmission is his constituency project, he can claim Enugu - Onitsha expressway construction as his personal project as well for all i care. I'ld be more relaxed hearing Awka south now enjoys 24hrs UPS & not Anambra. Nnewi of all places dont even enjoy up to 21hrs UPS daily. And this is in no way disputing the fact that power distribution has greatly improved over time.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by asha80(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2013
kross_01: For Ngige to claim Anambra now enjoys 24hrs power supply is being mischievious on his part, i dont even want to visit his claim that power supply/transmission is his constituency project, he can claim Enugu - Onitsha expressway construction as his personal project as well for all i care. I'ld be more relaxed hearing Awka south now enjoys 24hrs UPS & not Anambra. Nnewi of all places dont even enjoy up to 21hrs UPS daily. And this is in no way disputing the fact that power distribution has greatly improved over time.
is the construction on that expressway still going on?
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Kingsley1000(m): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2013
SOLUDO ALL D WAY COME 2014,,if u are not part of d solution den u're d problem...Ngige u're nt doing anytin...DWARF MAN WID DWARF VISION...

In ma abode at INLAND TOWN ONITSHA NA 24/7.Up phcn

4 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by chaloner(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2013
Youngzedd:

Una dey suffer ooooh, why taking the light the time it's needed the most.

Still enjoying my side, since yesterday till now, no shaken. Refrigerator don suffer.
wow , this is serious , well for us I bliv dey willl improve to unLIMITED like BIS den grin fresh air everywher
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Sealeddeal(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2013
its less than 14hrs daily in nnewi

1 Like

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2013
Peter Obi is working. cool

3 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by scientology(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2013
3 weeks of psychological blindness u mean...they have been hypnotized...illusions
Re: 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra by Lifebender(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2013
And am here for the past three month with no light but sunlight..Always one sided nigeria undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator George Akume Distributes Shoes, Slippers To His Constituents (pics) / Election Tension: Soldiers Take Over Ebonyi Streets / Saraki Attends NGF’s Dinner For New, Returning Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.