Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! (22067 Views)

Buhari To Ban Cattle From Cities And Villages / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Picture Of The Northern Cities and street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by tlops(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Just heard there was bombing in Kano with 23 dead on BBC! Take your mega city and I wish you goodluck Jonathan!
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by nwabobo: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
omenka:

You sound like some1 who farts through his mouth because I can still smell the stench of what you just typed thousands of kilometres away! What is wrong with an igbo investing in the project? Pple like you are the reason why Nigeria keeps regressing while other nations make giant strides economically and politically.
Son how old are you and how many properties did your father lose during the 'abandoned properties' era?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Tbamo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good plan but a few things should come into focus 1. Investors in such projects cannot all come from the north for the project to be successful
2.the north has eroded all trust the southerners had in investing in their projects due to book haram and the usual religious intolerance
3. It may end up being bought up by northern money launderers
4. This will lead to this cities being ghost towns except the almajiris are allowed to leave in them free of charge
5.which makes the project another white elephant project!
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
CFCfan: These are multi billion naira development projects comprising three planned cities (Kwankwasiyya, Amana and Bandirawo) and two transport terminals (North/South), which were initiated by the government of Kano state under the leadership of the Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso. The five mega projects have come into being as a result of the administration’s resolve to transform Kano into a mega city with world class facilities, thereby transforming it into one of the most economically developed states in Nigeria.

The state government has awarded contracts for the development of high quality infrastructure in each of the five project sites. Initially, the government’s plan for the cities was to allocate land to investors who will build their homes. However, that plan was reversed with the decision to build the homes and then sell them to interested parties. The terminals on the other hand, will be developed through Public Private Partnerships (PPP). It is hoped that by the year 2015, all the five projects will be fully operational.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=105702635#post105702635

Kwankwasiyya City render:

Lagos is showing them the way.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
londoner:

I'm a woman btw.....and also born and raised outside Nigeria. I grew up closely with Nigerians of all tribes, and that was our bond....we did not have this hatred of each other. I was able to proudly call myself Nigerian and would defend Nigerians of all tribes.

It does not work unless it is taken on by all tribes in Nigeria. We should all do so at the same pace.

Nne sorryooo the same in the states and not just Nigerians we were close with Ghanians. My BFF is from Rivers, and in the Village we played with Hausa children that stayed on our compound. My main objective especially for Igbos is that we need to help bring development to the East. I know that we are a people that have always had a spirit of traveling and spreading out, that should not stop. But we have to continue what our pat generation started. After the war my Grandfather and others built industries and infrastructure after the war, from nothing, and now we are still living with the past achievements. Our parents were able to travel abroad and some how the ball was dropped and we are hoping on Government to fix everything.

Leaders are a reflection of the people. When we bring changes as a people the leadership will change. A responsible leader cannot lead irresponsible people and responsible people can not and will not accept irresponsible leadership. That is a Universal truth. Only we the people can make the east and all of Nigeria a better place. It starts with us and it will trickle up.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
omenka:

You sound like some1 who farts through his mouth because I can still smell the stench of what you just typed thousands of kilometres away! What is wrong with an igbo investing in the project? Pple like you are the reason why Nigeria keeps regressing while other nations make giant strides economically and politically.
what is wrong with Igbos investing in the East why is the North better?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
jmoore:
Are you scared of a toothless bulldog, huh?

Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians.

There are millions of Igbos who reside in the east, let them do the investing. Everyone will not invest in one place.
IGBOLAND has huge opportunities it does not have to be in your village. Now you will go to the North and invest claiming Igbos built every where but your own side is under developed. What is in the North that the East does not have. Is it that you love the Desert. I just want to know what it is that you see?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by oyimaja: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
BOKOHARAM nko?wink
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by jmoore(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
biafranqueen: IGBOLAND has huge opportunities it does not have to be in your village. Now you will go to the North and invest claiming Igbos built every where but your own side is under developed. What is in the North that the East does not have. Is it that you love the Desert. I just want to know what it is that you see?

Why is Shell investing in Nigeria?

Not every Igbo will invest in Igboland. Tell Mikel to stop playing for Chelsea and let him come and play for Enyimba.

Is your own land under developed because of few Igbos that have left and reside outside the east? The population of Igbos that reside in east is far greater than Igbos that reside outside the east. Those ones that are residing in the east should develop it.

2 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by MomohLawal: 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
bjjbam: Good projects but my concern is, how many average Nigerians can afford those houses?
duplex cost 48m
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by basty: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
Built for Book Harams
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by IGBOSON1: 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tbamo: Good plan but a few things should come into focus 1. Investors in such projects cannot all come from the north for the project to be successful
2.the north has eroded all trust the southerners had in investing in their projects due to book haram and the usual religious intolerance
3. It may end up being bought up by northern money launderers
4. This will lead to this cities being ghost towns except the almajiris are allowed to leave in them free of charge
5.which makes the project another white elephant project!

^^^Insightful post! Kano could/would have been in the top 5 biggest/most vibrant/most viable cities in Africa if there had been no wanton killings of southerners/Christians and if the core north had been a bit more liberal and tolerant.

My fear for this new city project is that it wouldn't be sustainable in the long-run, and may end up being a ghost town, bereft of the cosmopolitan vibrancy a city needs to thrive; unless of course the whole wealthy and middleclass moslem north (together with their friends down south and resident Lebanese) can buy up all the properties and live/work from there to give the city some life.

Anyhow it happens, i wish them goodluck in their endeavour.

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Horus(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by tucute: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2013
North generally is no more a place where any non northern individual in Nigeria would love to come and buy properties or establish because the volatile nature of the place,,,so i guess the infrastructure are being erected for the northern indigent....Its only a tree would stand close to a lumberer and still shake hands with him....lol..
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by ojiefi: 9:43am On Jul 31, 2013
WHAT OF THE BOKO THINGS?
CFCfan: This Kano mega city project has the potential to rival Abuja as the place to be in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Babaji111(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Kwankwaso has, beyond any doubt, proven to be my ROLE MODEL GOVERNOR of the millennium.To the bad belles, let the cats bite their tales... Ja muje dan Musa!

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Realone1: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2013
Impressive achievements!!! Kudos to the governor,
Hope more will follow.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Horus(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2014

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Horus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2014

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by IGBOSON1: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Why don't those streets have sidewalks? I notice the gutter in the last pic has rubbish in it; that's one of the downsides of open gutters.....apart from the fact that it looks so '3rd worldish'!

Nonetheless, a good real estate development!
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by NafeesaAA(f): 9:27am On Jan 05, 2014
Nice one
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2014
wow, I never knew kano was developing this fast, thumbs up Kwankwaso.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by MeAboki(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
Reading through the comments, one cannot avoid noticing the negativity in many of the posts especially from our SE neighbours, repeatedly asking the same question - what about boko haram - which at best could be summed up as emanating from that green-eyed monster called envy (bad belle).

Those who wish to invest in the housing projects are free to do so; while those who believe it would not succeed without southern investment should continue deceiving themselves (and their likes); they should however, note that Kano had been a commercial economic centre for centuries (long even before Nigeria itself) its citizens are therefore more than capable of taking advantage of this opportunity, specifically created for them by their own government - for which the said govt is not even advertising for any outsider to participate, in fact it better for these kind of ppl to stay out and save their money for investment in their own villages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? / John Odey Is Dead! / Boko Haram Governor: Don’t Sweep Mailafia’s Allegations Under The Carpet - ACF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.