Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves (16753 Views)

Armed Robber Nearly Lynched In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja / 2 Female Robbers Lynched In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by nokingasgod: 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
St_Black:
I see where u are coming from.
Are u trying to tell me that if initially or earlier, Fashola had proactivey done what he did few weeks ago, fall-outs like this wouldnt have been preempted to a LARGE extent by such tasks like that? Are u saying such measure is not justifiable enough as a means of REDUCING criminal presence in Lagos and unlawful punishment like lynching?
........unless people like u would want such backwardness to continue to befall Lagos,WILL it then be that u wont support such good action taken by Fashola.

(pls, im not saying this particular occurence wont occur as it did due to d function of high degree of probability that it would, especially in an environment like Lagos)

....and perhaps, im still trying to pinpoint any element of bigotry in what i said, or except that U are the one trying to get at me UNWISELY.

So you are implying that those Nigerians that were accosted, taken to and abandoned at Onitsha by Lagos State government are criminals and that the exercise should have been extensive and done earlier in which case these young men that were dastardly murdered would have been part of those dumped at Onitsha...Nothing could be more bigotic!

To you, in order to reduce criminal presence in Lagos, the government must get rid of other Nigerians myopically perceived as non Lagosian and this will also prevent ''unlawful punishment like lynching''. I'm so ashamed of your sense of reasoning it shows the level of abyss the Nigerian project has fallen into.

It is unconstitutional and morally wrong for Lagos State government to have done that and to me, it is the first action by the Fashola government that will be a total NO NO NO. Fashola being a SAN and an intelligent, civilized and cosmopolitan individual should know better. And that leads us to the question of who really is a Lagosian? how do you tell a Lagosian apart from indigene of other states, is it by the native tongue, demeanor, religion, association and what did the constitution say about this.

The right of all Nigerian to traverse and or dwell in any part of Nigeria without fear or molestation was guaranteed by the constitution. Now, you can arrest and prosecute anybody for any violations of any law. This can only be done by the courts of law. To unilaterally and merely look at some people and then determined that they are from another part of Nigeria and then went ahead to forcefully eject and relocate them to another state aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is too far and shameful. Yorubas are more urbane, accommodating and cultured than some other people of Nigeria so this action of Fashola and the utterances of people like you is quite ''unYoruban''!
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by pri3stess(f): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
I understand that naija is a frustrating country, but did they have to put out their anger and frustration on the thieves? They could have just handed them to the police to deal with them instead of taking the matter into their own hands.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by okuya: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
When it happened in Aluu, d whole world called them beasts of Nigeria, and since then such killings have taken place in Lagos in their hundreds, carried out by d beastly mobs and police, its a den of beasts, let almighty God guide us everyday against mob actions

1 Like

Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by freecocoa(f): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
I desperately need to leave this country, like wtf is wrong with these people?

Most Nigerians are just so angry and wicked, you've been robbed before so blawdy what? Does it now mean anyone accused of robbery is the one who robbed you?

God! Sometimes I just wish I wasn't born a Nigerian, two lives just wasted with no evidence or reason, whatever happened to having sympathy? Nna menh ike agwu go'm.sad

2 Likes

Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by okuya: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
pri3stess: I understand that naija is a frustrating country, but did they have to put out their anger and frustration on the thieves? They could have just handed them to the police to deal with them instead of taking the matter into their own hands.

The police wouldn't av done beta, they would av simply executed them in their custody, they carry out extra judicial executions of bothe criminals and innocent souls everyday
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by polokor60(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
It's imperative for people to move along with an identity card whenever they are going out.When you are able to identify yourself properly it ll ease the tension and anger in the midst of the mob.

Mob action is getting rampant in nigeria but the victims of this circumstance can as well avoid this harrassment if they could properly identify themselves even if they are found in wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
NPF is in dissmapissma, we are no longer safe in their hands, House of Reps discuss on how we gonna scrap dat Force.....
Even Vigilantes dem con dey get mind oh! Na God go save us!!!!
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by kingthreat(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
Solution is simple: Let the Ajara community be levelled, the vigilantes all arrested alongside the Baale and charged with murder.
Also the police around there charged with negligence. When this happens, then Nigeria is moviing forward. Else I advise: Get yourself a gun.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
nokingasgod:

(1)So you are implying that those Nigerians that were accosted, taken to and abandoned at Onitsha by Lagos State government are criminals and that the exercise should have been extensive and done earlier in which case these young men that were dastardly murdered would have been part of those dumped at Onitsha...Nothing could be more bigotic!

(2)To you, in order to reduce criminal presence in Lagos, the government must get rid of other Nigerians myopically perceived as non Lagosian and this will also prevent ''unlawful punishment like lynching''. I'm so ashamed of your sense of reasoning it shows the level of abyss the Nigerian project has fallen into.

(3)It is unconstitutional and morally wrong for Lagos State government to have done that and to me, it is the first action by the Fashola government that will be a total NO NO NO. Fashola being a SAN and an intelligent, civilized and cosmopolitan individual should know better. And that leads us to the question of who really is a Lagosian? how do you tell a Lagosian apart from indigene of other states, is it by the native tongue, demeanor, religion, association and what did the constitution say about this.

The right of all Nigerian to traverse and or dwell in any part of Nigeria without fear or molestation was guaranteed by the constitution. Now, you can arrest and prosecute anybody for any violations of any law. This can only be done by the courts of law. To unilaterally and merely look at some people and then determined that they are from another part of Nigeria and then went ahead to forcefully eject and relocate them to another state aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is too far and shameful. Yorubas are more urbane, accommodating and cultured than some other people of Nigeria so this action of Fashola and the utterances of people like you is quite ''unYoruban''!

(1)For God's sake, must they be criminals for LASG to relocate them back to their places? Pls tell me, must your home become as dirty as a pig house for u to clean it / before feeling the effect of its dirtiness? pls respond.
As someone enlightened(i think so ?) anyway, you anticipate and preempt a task so as to checkmateor mitigate against any possible threat like what just happened. Lets make this simple analogy. If the individual occur to have been relocated back to his cave as a result as probability, SO YOU ARE SAYING SUCH BARBARIC ACT AS LYNCHING WOULD HAVE MET HIS FATE?.....Wont that be a bit of indiscretion on your part?. Evidences show that idle people as those relocated have continued to prove the threats as Social/Economic Hooligans in the society. If then you fail to preempt with such tasks Fashola did ALL IN THE NAME OF A FALSE ENTITY CALLED "ONE NIGERIA", that is THEN the effect of what we just witnessed, which also includes kidnaping, robbery and the likes.
And once again, i hilariously see how comfortable you will feel to call it bigotic when Fashola initially deported others to their S/W & N states BUT nothing was said to be wrong in that. I see it funnily bigotic.

(2)Again, i would pardon you with light responses, 'cos i might eventually happen to wake those "Worms of Anger" if i give u a REQUIRED reply. Pls answer me, When Fashola deported the first set of people, so they hypermetropically perceived them as non-Lagosians before relocating them abi?...stop shooting urself on the foot with an AK48, as it would be better with a simple pistol 'COS its spelling more damage with the sense of judgement you just gave!. ..
....and yes, Nigeria is a failed project as you v seen an outsider coming to the streets of Lagos and getting lynched, when Nigeria ,under the auspices of the leader of his homeland , failed to do something good in homeland.

(3)Pls let me attack the first bolded before the second. When Fashola relocated people to their N &S/W states, how many crying voices did we hear?...We heard NONE. But now when the same illegal citizens are taken back to Onitsha in S/E, its now a condemnable action. PLS LISTEN TO URSELF AND THE VOICES CRYING HELPLESSLY ON THAT? Who now is the parasite killing the well-beign of Lagos?
As for d second bolded, though there is MUCH to actually justify who a Lagosian really is, my answer is that if Fashola is the governor of Lagos over strangers that claim they are Lagosians for donkey years, then we actually have nothing to say here. Then Lagos itself knows who its children and aliens are are( regardless of law).

As an individual, i think u shuld know(if at all) that constitutions favors certain elements in a Nation, while it deprives others to some extent. So if Fashola relocates people in the name of development, it shuldnt be a problem to you.

(NB: its ur next response that will determine how i will polish my next answers with jabs as im only taking you lightly while u keep on pouring out with vexation in ur responses.)
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
We need anger management programmes in this country because the rate people take law into their hands in a moment of fury is alarming.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
gbaky_floor: We need anger management programmes in this country because the rate people take law into their hands in a moment of fury is alarming.
DEAR, there is also a need for anti-criminal management in this country because the rate at which criminals are on loose in this country is alarming.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by mamagee3(f): 1:59am On Aug 01, 2013
Sad story!!!
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by 617aircav: 4:03am On Aug 01, 2013
This will keep on happening as long as the KILLERS who can be seen on video are not arrested, charged and executed for the public to see. Only a criminal will participate in such. Nigeria has to be the most disgusting, sickening place to be. Pure evil savages are everywhere, and because there is a lack of rule of law they act with impunity.

1 Like

Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by tubolancer(m): 6:09am On Aug 01, 2013
These stories made me cringed,i 'm a book marketer i moved around the neighbourhood,certainly my life is at stake. i 'm afraid,terribly afraid.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by nokingasgod: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2013
St_Black:

(1)For God's sake, must they be criminals for LASG to relocate them back to their places? Pls tell me, must your home become as dirty as a pig house for u to clean it / before feeling the effect of its dirtiness? pls respond.
As someone enlightened(i think so ?) anyway, you anticipate and preempt a task so as to checkmateor mitigate against any possible threat like what just happened. Lets make this simple analogy. If the individual occur to have been relocated back to his cave as a result as probability, SO YOU ARE SAYING SUCH BARBARIC ACT AS LYNCHING WOULD HAVE MET HIS FATE?.....Wont that be a bit of indiscretion on your part?. Evidences show that idle people as those relocated have continued to prove the threats as Social/Economic Hooligans in the society. If then you fail to preempt with such tasks Fashola did ALL IN THE NAME OF A FALSE ENTITY CALLED "ONE NIGERIA", that is THEN the effect of what we just witnessed, which also includes kidnaping, robbery and the likes.
And once again, i hilariously see how comfortable you will feel to call it bigotic when Fashola initially deported others to their S/W & N states BUT nothing was said to be wrong in that. I see it funnily bigotic.

(2)Again, i would pardon you with light responses, 'cos i might eventually happen to wake those "Worms of Anger" if i give u a REQUIRED reply. Pls answer me, When Fashola deported the first set of people, so they hypermetropically perceived them as non-Lagosians before relocating them abi?...stop shooting urself on the foot with an AK48, as it would be better with a simple pistol 'COS its spelling more damage with the sense of judgement you just gave!. ..
....and yes, Nigeria is a failed project as you v seen an outsider coming to the streets of Lagos and getting lynched, when Nigeria ,under the auspices of the leader of his homeland , failed to do something good in homeland.

(3)Pls let me attack the first bolded before the second. When Fashola relocated people to their N &S/W states, how many crying voices did we hear?...We heard NONE. But now when the same illegal citizens are taken back to Onitsha in S/E, its now a condemnable action. PLS LISTEN TO URSELF AND THE VOICES CRYING HELPLESSLY ON THAT? Who now is the parasite killing the well-beign of Lagos?
As for d second bolded, though there is MUCH to actually justify who a Lagosian really is, my answer is that if Fashola is the governor of Lagos over strangers that claim they are Lagosians for donkey years, then we actually have nothing to say here. Then Lagos itself knows who its children and aliens are are( regardless of law).

As an individual, i think u shuld know(if at all) that constitutions favors certain elements in a Nation, while it deprives others to some extent. So if Fashola relocates people in the name of development, it shuldnt be a problem to you.

(NB: its ur next response that will determine how i will polish my next answers with jabs as im only taking you lightly while u keep on pouring out with vexation in ur responses.)

Ok, ok, ok I rest my case. Thought I was conversing with an informed, elevated and urbane mind but alas, what do I have on my hands?, some pathologically crude persona still living in the ''wetie"" era!
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2013
nokingasgod:

Ok, ok, ok I rest my case. Thought I was conversing with an informed, elevated and urbane mind but alas, what do I have on my hands?, some pathologically crude persona still living in the ''wetie"" era!

That actually occured to have been mine at the first instant i started conversing wif you too.... i also had the same u had BUT more of a skewed logic mind that lived in d Stone Age.
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by swaggzo(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2013
paveinc: Where is d video?

uhm.. you really wanna watch that?
Re: Two Men Lynched In Lagos, Accused Of Being Thieves by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
You see in life decision making we have preconventional ,Conventional and ofcourse post conventional.
in this kind of situation when you are making decisions you choose conventional way i.e extremist because this guys
acted in postconventional way and so there is no need to call God 's name anyhow .in the first instance why don't they Call God before they act.instead they call the devil and now they are mercy after death.pl by now I believe by now some of those guys should have been killed if possible in worst scenario.
Thank You

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hartford Man Drives Stolen Car To Court To Face Stolen Car Charge / EFCC Gives Obaigbena Two-week Ultimatum To Refund N670m / Student Arrested For Hacking Cousin To Death In Adamawa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.