Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed (1000 Views)

FG To Introduce Toll On Some Reconstructed Roads – Fashola / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State / Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Euroclydon(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has granted approval to the Federal Ministry of Works to award contract for the reconstruction of the deplorable and abandoned Ilorin-Kabba highway.
The go-ahead directive was said to have been secured by the Minister of Works, Chief Mike Onolememen, who has submitted a memo to the council drawing the attention of government to the state of poor condition of the road.
The memo of the Minister was said to have been backed by a high power lobby team put in place by stakeholders from Kwara and Kogi States to lobby the Presidency to give the trunk A road its deserved attention.
The lobby team was said to have been headed by Senator Smart Adeyemi representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the Senate. Deputy Director of highway in the Federal Ministry of Works, Abuja Engineer Ekenna Umunna confirmed the receipt of approval to begin the process of the road contract award by the Minster.
He said that bids would be called for immediately from interested contractors who will have wherewithal for such a gigantic road work
The Director disclosed that in order to make the contract award fast, the officials of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) would be deeply involved in order to make the process hitch free and transparent.
He assured the people of Kwara and Kogi States that the road would soon bounce back to life to ease the transportation crisis facing them.
President Goodluck Jonathan had last year directed the Minister to patch all the potholes on the road as a temporary measure in order to make it motorable for travelers during last year’s yuletide.
The Ilorin-Kabba road said to be one of the worst highways in the country due to its deplorable condition had been abandoned for over 10 years now by the commercial and private motorists who now ply Ekiti route to pass to Abuja.
READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/42013.html

Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Acidosis(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
I like this man, Smart Adeyemi. He's a very smart man..

Wifey is from Ilorin, Senator from Kogi west. smiley

The funniest thing is, he seems to be the only working senator in Kogi state. All others are just figure-headed redunctant village chief..

Less than a month, he donated over N600 million worth hospital equipments to his constituency.

Less than 2years, he single-handedly mobilized a Federal University to the state. GEJ/Senate/Min. of Education after series of arguments about the site in the north central gave the slot to Nasarawa. But my guy no gree, he changed the protocol, because of his pressures, GEJ had to increase the no of unis from the initial 6!

As if that wasn't enough, Smart proposed a suitable site (Kabba) for the Federal Uni, only to see these Igala men from nowhere trying to lobby the uni to their land in addition to the State Uni, Federal Poly, State College of Edu, School of Nursing etc..
They wanted this one by all means, and then leave the Smart (Okun) constituency with F.G.C Kabba. shocked grin
After several riots and protest.. The Okun ppl were deprived.. smh!

In less than 3 months, this man single-handedly launched a radical transformation movement for the revival of Ajaokuta steel.. a dead company n Igala land. He's the brain behind all the MoUs with the propose bidder.
Apparently, Kogi is 14 years old democratically, and all these years, a single tribe out of 3 major tribes has been ruling the state without any improvement!
From Audu Abubakar 4yrs (built a state uni with state money & then name it after himself grin Prince Abubakar Audu University, Anyingba grin)

Idris Ibrahim 8years (Man changed the uni to Kogi State Uni) grin

Now Wada 2 yrs
What a funny tribal men grin

Funny, all these governors had issues with Smart! They hate to see an Okun man working and ruling over them.

14 wasted years for that state.
Infact, Kogi is getting worse by the day. Worse than the days of Lugard. Lokoja that ought to look like mini-Abuja is something I don't even understand.

This man is set to do anything, as in everything to get the Okun ppl a state of their own! Thats all we need cos these 'rough-ians' and dirty greedy monsters are set to kill the state. Its all about sharing the monthly allocations in ratios. No job, no development, nothing, despite the abundant resources in the state. Just share the money and they are good to go. Their females (wives) born children pass other mammals. They just born, born, born, 5,6,7,8 like that, only for the unqualified husband to be given a state job so his family wont die of starvation, whereas there are several well educated ppl (other tribes) who are well qualified without a job.

Senator Smart Adeyemi, we are solidly behind you! If there is one thing I need from you, its a state of our own - Okun state. If you can do this, your name will forever be in the book of remembrance, a book reserved for men with honour, those who deserve it.

Just few days back, I heard Sen Mark saying the issue of state creation is not ruled out... Its gonna be revisited!!!

Plssssssss!!!!!!!! Lobby this... Plsssssssssssss Senator....!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nawa o, but this road is better than Ilorin-Mokwa road. Is there no senator to lobby for the reconstruction of Ilorin-Mokwa road?
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Euroclydon(m): 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
The ilorin Kabba road is so bad that i have been to ilorin over 5times from abuja but still dont know the road network to drive on my own cos the public transport i use must pass a different road every single time!!!
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
This is a result of making the right decision, i don't regret given him my vote. Kudos Sen. Adeyemi!
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by AALASIKI(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
i pray and hope words are put to action very soon..
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
I respect this Smart Senator! cheesy . Bye bye to Ekiti state roads once completedcheesy .
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Goddex: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hm, ok oh. Atleast, going by favourable comments here about Sen Smart, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But his last comments about the Abuja - Airport and Abuja - Zuba ten lanes expressways, obviously the finest roads in Nigeria pictured him as an elitist concerned only about the highbrow city where he lives.
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by GlobalVillager: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Acidosis, that is the true mind of all genuine okun people
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Euroclydon: The ilorin Kabba road is so bad that i have been to ilorin over 5times from abuja but still dont know the road network to drive on my own cos the public transport i use must pass a different road every single time!!!
The ABUJA - ILORIN road get formular now .....

''Keep turning right'' from Okenne...... Turn left'' in Kabba and ''keep turning Right'' through-out Ekiti till u enter Ilorin via OmuAran :::::::: grin

Even after ten-times U won't be able to drive alone !!! grin
Re: Deplorable Ilorin-kabba Highway To Be Reconstructed by delpee(f): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2013
God bless senator Smart. Very consistent and always impacting lives positively. That road is horrible. Ditto for most roads in Kwara except Ilorin area. Ajase-ipo- Offa- Erin road and Ilorin -Mokwa roads are even worse. They are all federal roads and been like this for many years.

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Election,robert Mugabe Won Again. / Over 20 Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Attack On Borno Military Camp / Gov. T.A Orji And His Unprogressive Government In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.